Bloomsbury Announces Edinburgh Castle Details
Jul 05, 2005
Posted by Melissa AnelliUncategorized
Some more details today from Bloomsbury regarding the big Edinburgh release party:
- The cub reporters will arrive at the Esplanade outside Edinburgh Castle by horse-drawn carriage.
- About 2,000 Edinburgh school children and their parents will be seated in the Esplanade outside Edinburgh Castle to cheer on JK Rowling and the cub reporters as they make their way up to the Castle.
- Outside the castle there will be street performers, torch bearers, jugglers and entertainers.
- A giant image of the “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” will be projected onto the castle wall.
- ITV’s presenter, Stephen Mulhern, will host a live 30 minute program, “Harry Potter at the Castle: Magic at Midnight,” from 11:45 p.m. on Friday, broadcast live onto a screen (9×7 meters high/wide) on the Esplanade.
- There will be a photocall when Jo Rowling arrives at the castle but she will not do interviews
Emerson of MuggleNet and I will be with the cub reporters for the event, and will interview Jo the following afternoon.(AGH! OK, sorry.)