Barnes and Noble: One Million Books Ordered; to Broadcast Edinburgh Reading on Web Site
Jul 11, 2005
Posted by Melissa AnelliUncategorized
More than a million HBPs have been ordered at BN.com, making it “the bestselling pre-order book of all time.” Also, BN.com will be showing a taped broadcast of the J.K. Rowling reading from Edinburgh Castle; it will also be shown at the Union Square, NYC party where Jim Dale will be reading.
The press release mentions that in preparation for these parties, Barnes & Noble has:
- Purchased one million commemorative Harry Potter bracelets.
- Printed one million in-store posters.
- Purchased one million pairs of Harry Potter glasses.
- Inked one million temporary lightning bolt tattoos.
- Plucked 370,000 feathers.
- Rounded up numerous live owls, snakes and magical critters.
And at their Midnight Magic parties, they expect:
- 375,000 magic wands to be made.
- 250,000 children to take home a photo of themselves with Harry Potter.
- 100,000 chocolate chip cookies to be sold.
Sounds like fun!