“Order of the Phoenix” Soundtrack, Game, and Release Date News

220

Jun 14, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

In addition to the great news about Jo touring the US in October, we now have a few updates regarding the upcoming Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix film.

In a press release issued this morning, WB confirmed the July 10 release of the soundtrack to the fifth Harry Potter movie, and there was more from composer Nicholas Hooper about his score for the movie.

“I saw the scoring of this Harry Potter film as a great opportunity to work with such important themes on a grand scale,” Hooper says. “David Yates and I started early, even before filming started, working on such themes as Ministry of Magic, Umbridge, and Voldemort. However, as we came closer to the final cut, the music developed beyond what we had first imagined, so there was that inevitable race against time. My process is one of discovery, rather than having a specific plan. This can be nerve-wracking, but it has its creative benefits.”

Hooper recorded nearly two hours of music at London’s fabled Abbey Road Studios, famous for its acoustics and ambience. His team included engineer Peter Cobbin (the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy), and conductor Alastair King (“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest”) who conducted the Chamber Orchestra of London. “The team was the best around,” Hooper says. “We had a complete rapport and I always felt that they knew what we were trying to achieve.”

Also, as TLC first told you the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix video game would be available for the Mac computer system this summer. Thanks to TLC reader Bret, we now have the video announcement of this here in our galleries.

On a related note, there has been a slew of new screen shots of the new OotP video game released for the DS and WIi platforms, and you can see these here in our image galleries. Also thanks to readers Jonathan and calguy, we can see a video of the opening montage of the Wii game here at IGN.
Update You can now see this in our galleries. The Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix video game will be released at the end of this month on June 25.

Finally, scores of readers owled with the news that the release date of the fifth Harry Potter film in Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Peru as well as Brazil will now be July 11. Update: Thanks to Felipe (via HarryLatino.com) for letting us know that Bolivia, Puerto Rico, Uruguay , Venezuela,and Panama will also have the July 11 release date.

Phew! Thanks to all who emailed!

25 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” Soundtrack, Game, and Release Date News

Avatar Image says:

I want that game to my Wii!!!! Oh my God… I saw images from it five minutes ago and I’m shocked… it’s incredible!!

I want it now!! But I think I’ll only buy it after see the movie… I don’t want any kind of spoilers

Avatar Image says:

John Williams, I miss you…

I miss John Williams too =(

Avatar Image says:

so, there is not going to be a game made for gamecube? that stinks. i am gonna have to get a whole new system just to play this game.

Avatar Image says:

Well Nintendo wants their customers to start moving toward the Wii, so they aren’t going to really promote anything for the GameCube anymore.

I can’t wait to get this, the video was awesome!! Not fair they get it so soon :(

Avatar Image says:

is the release date in UK still july 12th??

it’s kinda gutting that all these other places get to see it first when it is a mainly British film.

Avatar Image says:

Interesting how the UK is one of the last places to get this film. I’m a little annoyed, but I don’t want them to move it now because i’ve already got my tickets and it would be annoying to waste money buying more.

Avatar Image says:

In Brazil there will have the release of OotP in July 11th too.

Avatar Image says:

Just wanted to let you know that the release date in the Netherlands has been changed to July 11 too.

Avatar Image says:

when is the US release date?????

Avatar Image says:

To the people wondering> The UK release date is the 11th (Wednesday) too as I think the US one is also.

Avatar Image says:

NO ignore that. UK is the 12th, The US is the 11th.

I thought it was originally 12th for the UK ten moved to the 11th. I don’t mind waiting an extra day, it is only a few hours after all.

Avatar Image says:

Ooooh…I can’t wait for the sountrack. It’ll give me something to do whilst I wile away the last few hours until 12:01 a.m. BTW I bought tickets yesterday!! Woohoo!

Avatar Image says:

Just as lucky as us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

What about Canada? We know the movie will be released in the UK on July 12th, the USA on the 11th, and now all these other places, but what about Canada? I’m assuming it would be the same as the US, but I want to be sure …

Avatar Image says:

They NEVER talk about the Canadian release date. Does anyone know the release date for Canada? I’m talking about the video game.

PPPLEASE AND THANK YOU! =)

Avatar Image says:

Wow julia, we were thinking about the same thing, at the exact same time! hahaa

Avatar Image says:

Shana, you could always use your computer.

Avatar Image says:

Woohoo, 11 days until the game releases! I’m so getting it.

On a side note, I wonder if it’s bad to think that Voldemort is ubersexy. Hrm… I obviously would have been in Slytherin if I’d gone to Hogwarts.

Man! That game looks freaking awesome! I’m ganna get it…must save money. XD

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait for this soundtrack. It really seems award-winning-worthy. Absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait for the game on my PS2 either! :)

Avatar Image says:

Just testing my Gravatar, don’t mind me.

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know when Ootp is being released in Costa Rica? I will be studying abroad at that time there. I really hope its July 11th and I also hope they have it in english with spanish subtitles. I don’t want to hear horrible dubbing over Dan, Rupert, and Emma’s voices.

Avatar Image says:

Bedankt Jelle! Ik zat het me al af te vragen.

Haha, That doesn’t mean anything rude, should anybody be wondering.

Haha, Great comment Chandi. I can already hear the sortinghat sing:

Ravenclaw, smart as a wizard can be. Hufflepuf, really loyal as you can see. Griffindor, honoured for it’s bravery slytherin, they think the dark lord is sexy.

Write a Reply or Comment