The End of Harry Potter, Served on a Slate

114

Jun 14, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Will the final chapter in the Harry Potter saga end in the same mysterious manner as the hit cable tv show, The Sopranos? Online magazine “Slate” takes a humorous turn at fan fiction of sorts, as they present their ending to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, complete with our hero Harry (just like Tony in the Sopranos) sitting at the local friendly diner aka The Three Broomsticks awaiting his fate as the door opens…. Enjoy!

Thanks to all who emailed!

26 Responses to The End of Harry Potter, Served on a Slate

Avatar Image says:

hm, that is umm interesting

Avatar Image says:

That “fanfic” was awesome! Exactly like The Sopranos. And the last word was scar! How perfect. I guess the series really could end like that…

Avatar Image says:

It is weird that that spoof should mention “Do the Hippogriff” because about an hour earlier, I had the news on in the background, and at the end of a piece where Princes William and Harry were discussing their mother, I am sure Harry was quoting from it (leaving out “ogre” which probaby didn’t fit the interview). There is a link to the interview on the BBC News homepage if anyone wants to check out if I am going mad or not.

Avatar Image says:

This was pretty funny in places. But I still think my version is better.

I think I liked the most from that was “I’m Jame Dill.” lol

Avatar Image says:

Ah, he even ended it with ‘scar’!

I always love seeing well-written, Potter-savvy pieces like this in the mainstream media, because - even when they’re fluffy, like this one - they prove that Potterheads are smart and they’re everywhere.

Avatar Image says:

Oops! Please disregard the strikethrough in my previous post. I was trying to use a double hyphen.

Avatar Image says:

Interesting… I thought there was something wrong with my computer when it suddenly stopped on “scar” but then I thought about it and smiled. :) Other than that I liked it; it had good humor and all.

Avatar Image says:

I was at the store, and i saw that People Magazine has a similar article. I didn’t read it, but maybe some one has some scans?

Avatar Image says:

HAHA! “as the Knight Bus ran over his head with a horrible crunching sound”. Thats exactly how i saw it ending! LOL

That was good!

Oooh! It was making fun of the Sopranos…thats why I didnt get it. :D

Avatar Image says:

I loved the bit about Hermione and Buckbeak “Now I have to start the bowing all over again” lol

Avatar Image says:

Hehe. That was cute. I’m sure it would be hilarious if I ever watched The Sopranos.

Avatar Image says:

Beats what happens to Michael Corleone in Godfather 3, I suppose…

Avatar Image says:

I have to say that I kept looking for more text for about a minute. Didn’t find the end funny at all. Good thing the Sopranos ended long after she finished writing DH. Guess I just want things to be complete and not in the air. Thought the part about Buckbeak and Hermione was really funny…

Avatar Image says:

It was fun, although it can warp up ‘reality’ as we know it.

The author insinuated more than he’d probably intended.. Hermione approaches the door, scar acts up again… more horcruxes?!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Leaky – the final series of The Sopranos is not on in the UK for a few months yet.

Avatar Image says:

Ack!!!! I’m from U.K… after all that stuff about not spoiling HP’s ending, you go and tell us media lagging brits the end of the Sopranos!!!! ACK!!!

Avatar Image says:

Interesting very Intersting. But oh NO HAGRID DEAD. I won’t stand for it. But JO seems to like killing off the main characters, SCAR

Avatar Image says:

I just can’t believe that Ms. Rowling would ever leave us hanging like this (even though it was amusing!)... she’s far too clever to leave an ending blank… I’ll wait until July 21st, and see who is laughing then!

Avatar Image says:

That was awesome! Somehow I think Jo will end Harry’s story better ;) great laugh though!

Avatar Image says:

That was so funny, a perfect matchup of HP and Sopranos references. And how it ended with “scar” really made me laugh. I read news stories not from this site where it sounds like the writer doesn’t know the series very well, but this person clearly did.

Avatar Image says:

I sould almost hear the crunching…that was cute, though I’m sure JK wouldn’t do such a horrible thing to us… -B

Avatar Image says:

pretty fun written, the writer seems to had taken some time to make it written this fun. the buss part was fun and the drawing was good too.

Avatar Image says:

That was seriously wierd it dident even end properly

Write a Reply or Comment