Leung, Lewis, Lynch and Wright Showcased in Two New Articles (Updated)

114

Jun 18, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Two new interviews with Harry Potter actors Katie Leung (Cho Chang), Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) are online today. The first, from the Telegraph, features the four actors answering a few questions in the form of a Q & A, about their characters and experiences filming in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Covering many topics, the following are some highlights from the Telegraph interview. To read the entire interview with the four cast members, click here.

Matt Lewis on the character of Neville in the series:

Are you like your character?
I’m pretty clumsy, but I’d like to think I’m a bit cooler than him. I would say I’m more courageous, but in this new film he becomes really reckless and wants to fight the good fight.

Do you wish you could have played a ˜cooler’ character?
Not really. I like Neville a lot because he makes people laugh and that’s something that I really admire. I love watching comedy films and programmes. Life’s pretty rubbish at times, and people should be able laugh more.

Evanna Lynch on turning Potter fan to Potter actor:

Are you still as much of a fan as ever?
More. It just keeps growing and I’m definitely going to be queuing outside the bookshop for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I have had to tone it down a bit though. At home I would use the swear words they use in the books, and I would relate all my homework to Harry Potter. But now when I do that people think I’m just doing it to draw attention to the fact that I’m in the film.

The Basing Stoke Gazette also features a Q & A interview with Bonnie Wright, Evanna Lynch and Matt Lewis. In this article, the actors discuss in greater detail, the filming of Order of the Phoenix as well as relate how this film compares to the book. Bonnie Wright speaks extensively on her character Ginny Weasley, including her increasing prominence in both the books and films, saying in part that:

In the first few books, she was the little sister of the Weasley family, but in the later books, she comes through more on her own.

It’s been more fun doing this film as Ginny’s character’s developed. The six of us go through to the Ministry of Magic and it was really interesting to be a part of. Ginny’s a bit more confident – I have definitely enjoyed that.

Update: The BBC has released a third interview with the four Harry Potter actors. In this interview they talk about growing up on screen, the highlight of filming Order of the Phoenix and about their experiences as fans.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be in theaters July 11.

Thanks very much to Jenny and to all who that mailed!

43 Responses to Leung, Lewis, Lynch and Wright Showcased in Two New Articles (Updated)

Great interviews!

Avatar Image says:

Really cool the hear the actors point of views about the film each of them has their heart in what they are doing ! I hope it shows in the films .

Avatar Image says:

Really cool interviews. Bonnie and Matthew (and now Evanna too) always sound like they would be so much fun to just hang out and chat with. Evanna sounds like I would be if I ever met Jo – ask a question and inside be thinking “no I don’t really want to know yet.” I cannot wait to see them all in the film. I am sure they are great.

Avatar Image says:

Good interviews and good questions! I think these young people had excellent answers and seem pretty level-headed…considering what a huge thing it is to be part of the film version of the world of Harry Potter. I’d have loved the interviews to be longer!

Avatar Image says:

good interview, I personally enjoyed how Evanna’s friends were fiving Dan marriage proposals

Very interesting interviews!

I really love that Bonnie is giving more insight on what she thinks will become of her character, and the relationship (more like the KISS) with Harry in the upcoming film.

I laughed out loud when I read the bit about Evanna telling the reporter what happened with Matthew and Helena, how she got so into character she made his ear bleed! XD

I can’t wait to see the film! They all seemed to really enjoy making it and seem proud of it. :D

Avatar Image says:

It’s pretty amazing that Evanna knows things about what happens to Luna in book 7! Jo must have thought she deserves to know considering that she IS Luna. Alan Rickman also knows the truth about Snape (although I think we can all guess that he’s good and that Dumbledore trusted him because he knew how much he loved Lily – Slughorn says ‘do not under-estimate the power of obsessive love’ which I believe is a reference to Snape loving Lily)

Avatar Image says:

Great interviews. I love the extra look into the people behind the on-screen characters. I don’t like how the Basing Stoke Gazette said the it was the film of the fourth book, when it is actually the fifth book. Someone didn’t do their fact-checking there. But I guess we are all human. I can’t wait for this film! 22 days! And then only 10 days until the book!

Avatar Image says:

Loved the interviews. :-) I really can’t wait to see the film! Evvanna Lynch is so sweet, as always.

Btw, did the comment order change recently, or it just me?

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad Matthew mentioned an emotional scene where Neville tells Harry about his parents. I was sad to think we wouldn’t see the St. Mungo’s scene, but apparently they’re going to do it in an alternate way.

Avatar Image says:

Performing monkey-I’d never thought about that line in reference to Snape, definently somethingto chew on… I loved the interview, and I agree with Matthew Lewis, I think if/when Neville does die it’ll be doing something heroic, I think he’s going to take out Bellatrix. I hope he gets that chance. I’m glad his ear is okay though. -B

Avatar Image says:

I love hearing from the other actors! It’s usually just the trio who do these interviews so it’s a nice change.

How awful that Matt got poked in the ear by Helena’s wand! That must have been scary, I’m glad he’s okay.

They’ve already starting to grill Bonnie about the kiss and H/G romance. She’s so cute. I agree that Ginny should get involved more in the last book. Not necessarily in the horcrux hunt but some other way. Jo did say we’d see impressive things from Ginny. Can’t wait!

And Evanna is great! It’s so funny that her friends were offering Dan marriage proposals! lol

Avatar Image says:

Great interviews! Though, the writer on the second one called this movie the fourth one, not the fifth. Oops. Anyway, I think it’s so cool that Evanna knows something about Luna’s future!

Avatar Image says:

What really cool interviews. It’s not everyday that other cast members get interviewed. I enjoyed them. Poor Matt though and I’m glad he’s alright.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome Interviews, I am really looking forward to watch the movie, and I am starting to get really anxious about the book specially.

Avatar Image says:

Great interviews—thanks for the links, TLC.

I love hearing what they all think about their characters and the books and movies. It’s great that Evanna knows about Luna, and that she’s a great secret keeper.

It always makes me wonder why Rowling has told a few actors about the fate of their characters and has not told others. Interesting.

And poor Matthew—I’m glad he’s OK. That must have hurt, though.

Avatar Image says:

I suppose Helena really gets into her character. xD Well Matthew, if it helps, just think about the 2 ears infections Daniel had to suffer while filming the underwater scenes for GoF, that really hurts!!

I think all the actors know little things that will happen in the last books, because of things Jo has to tell the movie makers that are important for the last book. And because I think some actors need to know some things that the rest won’t know before the last book, but their characters know since much before, even if it’s not said in previous books, because Harry andus are not supposed to know it before… don’t know if I explained it well.

Anyway, I can not wait to see Harry&Ginny!!!!

Avatar Image says:

oh wow, i totally forgot about “the kiss” in the next film! looking forward to it. hee hee

Avatar Image says:

Matt is right - I wish people could laugh more, too. Evanna was funny - “At home I would use the swear words they use in the books…” :D

PS: One of the 30-second “Order of the Phoenix” trailers aired on TV today!

Avatar Image says:

Um, that’s weird…I must have unknowingly entered a code when I added hyphens in my post.

Avatar Image says:

Anyone know where i can download the video interview that was on the Philippines Morning Show?

Avatar Image says:

Such amazing poise in these young people. I admire them so much. How honored Evanna (oops, I almost typed “Luna”) must feel that JK Rowling shared some secrets with her!

Avatar Image says:

Poor Evanna!! Having to tone down her Potterness!! That’s so sad! I know my friends would kind of be like sometimes roll my eyes when ever I made random Potter references and stuff but of course I never let up… I can’t imagine ever having to… makes me sad inside… like they killed her spirit… Cuz that’s how i’d feel. Like part of me was gone….

Avatar Image says:

Great interviews! I am really looking forward for OoTP, and I think Evanna will do a great job as Luna

Avatar Image says:

thanks performing money and baby mandrake.. now i’m back on the “good snape/bad snape” never-ending loop of thought….. and furry lit’ prob is right – st mungo’s is important, and i think neville’s role in the last book is going to be bigger than anyone thinks.

still, Matthew’s IS lucky (lucky he’s not permanently deaf…) how many people can ever say “excuse me, is that your wand in my ear, or are you just happy to see me?..” (this would make a great t-shirt slogan, don’t you think?) or “i survived Bellatrix Le Strange”

Avatar Image says:

hpana had this youtube video with these four actors. here is the link if you want to see it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Jp8oC6CSE

luna is just adorable. :)

Avatar Image says:

I wish they asked Bonnie more pressing questions about Ginnys character and how it has to develope into somthing more hands on. I mean, the poor girl has gone from a few seconds in the entire film to a love interest.

I think Bonnie has to spunk it up alot in OotP!

Avatar Image says:

luna is just adorable. :)

Thanks for that! Don’t you mean Evanna is adorable? LOL I make that mistake all the time….

Avatar Image says:

oops. I didn’t even notice that. it is so easy to see evanna as luna. she is just adorable. I only do this with evanna though.

yay

is this the interview where people could submit questions?

I like all of them they all seem like great kids!

Avatar Image says:

The Gazette interviews are much better, though the questions are missing some commas.

Poor Matt and Helena. Bad for Matt for the physical pain and Helena for being on tenterhooks about making a young man deaf for a couple of days!

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know if these interviews are in the Telegraph or just online?

Avatar Image says:

I love these three. Matt, Bonnie and Evanna are just so sweet.

JKR has told Evanna what happens to Luna in DH? Then I figure Luna hasn´t a crucial role. I know JKR loves Evanna, but I don´t think she would give away crucial things whatsoever

Avatar Image says:

Wow… I loved these interviews! It’s great to hear their perspective.

Avatar Image says:

Really great interviews. Bonnie is fast becoming one of my favourite actors, and she gets to kiss Mr. Radcliffe, which I’m looking forward to seeing, with a touch of envy, hehe.

I hope Ginnie helps Harry in his quest too, she obviously cares for him.

Avatar Image says:

How interesting. A statement by Bonnie Wright in one of the interviews seems to imply that they filmed footage from Grimmauld Place at Christmas. This contradicts previous reports that the movie did not feature the characters leaving Hogwarts at Christmas, as happened in the book. Perhaps they deleted this scene? How very interesting.

Anyways, these interviews were a very pleasant read.

Avatar Image says:

Wow thoses were great interviews!!! Bonnie is right, i don’t think antone could even think the movies would be this big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Avatar Image says:

I hope Ginnie helps Harry in his quest too, she obviously cares for him.

Accio_HP7

JKR told her a little,but not everything

Avatar Image says:

Wow.. i just looked at that youtube video and… matthew looks… hot o.o and his voice is sexy.. and he seems like a very nice guy o.o; nosebleed ok, i was never really a dan fangirl but I think now I’m a matt fangirl XD (I like Dan, and I can see he’s attractive, but just not to me; pretty boys just aren’t my type. Matt, on the other hand, is manly and just seem.. nicer and warmer =D)

Oh, and the (written) interviews were really nice, thanks for posting them =D

goes to google matt lewis sites XD

Avatar Image says:

tsuta I see what you mean about Matt!! Without those buck teeth and ears he looks great! :))

Avatar Image says:

tsuta, Dan a pretty boy, since when?????

Matt is lovely though, but Dan’s still number one for me and it’s not all about looks for some of us you know.

Avatar Image says: Hello, nice site look this: Ïîñìîòð ñåêñ ôîòî ïðîñòèòóòêè ñåìåéíàÿ End ^) See you

Write a Reply or Comment