A & E and ITV Specials Due on Harry Potter

114

Jun 28, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

With the release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows rapidly approaching, there are several television specials about the world of our favorite wizard due in the coming days.

First, cable station A&E is set to broadcast a new special called “The Hidden Secrets of Harry Potter” that will air July 8 at 10pm. Featuring Floo partner and HP Lexicon founder Steve Vander Ark, as well as authors and scholars John Granger and Janet Batchler, this show will take a closer look at the beloved Harry Potter book series.

Also, in the UK, channel ITV is set to air two specials about the upcoming film “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.” The first, called “Harry Potter: Behind The Magic,” will feature behind the scenes footage and insights as well as cast interviews with Evanna Lynch, Imelda Staunton and Daniel Radcliffe among others.

The second special, “Harry Potter: The Costume Drama,” will focus on the costumes of the film and have interviews with cast members. Easier.com reports:

Costume designer Jany Temime reveals how the outfits go from script to screen for each film, starting with the young wizards and their school uniforms.

Rupert Grint discusses the apparently unassuming clothes he wears as Ron Weasley. And new character, Professor Dolores Umbridge (Imelda Staunton) explains why she’s in the pink.

On a less bright and light note, Death Eaters Lucius Malfoy (Jason Isaacs) and the evil Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham-Carter) explain how their costumes have been developed.

And there’s a word from the most evil of evil himself – Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes)

Thanks for the ITV tip Ryan!

21 Responses to A & E and ITV Specials Due on Harry Potter

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! That’s sooo cool that Steve get’s some recognition!! I wonder if he’ll give a little shout out to Leaky… ;)

Anyway, that’s an interesting title. “The Hidden Secrets of Harry Potter”... I can’t wait for see it. I’m sooo watching it!! It will, of course, get me siked for the movie, which would be coming in 3 days at that time. Thanks for posting!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Now THERE’s a Harry Potter TV special I will watch! I’m going to recommend it to all my family members and friends who think I’ve gone over the bend for reading “children’s stories” at my age. I keep telling them that they are a University level education in Mythology. Perhaps if they see it on TV (nothing seems to be true unless it’s seen on TV… sigh) they’ll stop rolling their eyes at me.

I told my husband and he said “Isn’t that the site that’s always up on your computer??” I told him yup! It’s been either Lexicon or Leaky on one screen and the Encyclopedia Mythica or a zillion other myth, alchemy, astronomy and legend sites for several years now.

I do hope they mention the wonderous minds here at Leaky, for it has been because of both sites equally that I have learned so much.

Avatar Image says:

Any dates for the ITV specials?

Avatar Image says:

What, only Bellatrix is evil? Lucius will be furious.

Avatar Image says:

I hope gets the England one on the internet I would love to see it.

I will be watching the on the on A&E and looking forward to see the hard working Leaky people.

Avatar Image says:

Wow! I hope Leaky will put them up when they come out because not all of us have ITV. Wish I did.

Avatar Image says:

i am a new person at the web surfing thing saw Leaky checked out a few things thought it was great. well to the Leaky people i hope you post both AKA (A&E , ITV) because i have no TV.

PS. if any any of you comment readers are Dan &/ Rupert fans look for December Boys(DAN) &/ Driving Lessons (RUPERT)

Avatar Image says:

On that site it says to go to ITV.com for more info but I can’t find anything anywhere so I’ve emailed them to see if they can give us the air dates, and also whether they’re going to be doing a show about the OotP premiere like they did for GoF =)

Avatar Image says:

Hey where did my gravatar go? =(

Avatar Image says:

it would come on at 10pm on a sunday night when i have to get up at 4am monday morning for work….grrrr….oh, well. i’m sure it will come on again. :o)

Avatar Image says:

Cool, I have ITV so I’ll definitely watch it.

Avatar Image says:

yeah make sure to update on the dates for the ITV shows, I’d hate to miss it. Great to see Steve giving his expert opinion instead of casual readers for a change

Avatar Image says:

just bringing up how Dumbledore’s costume is positively egregious. Wonder if they’ll mention that?

Avatar Image says:

I just went on the A & E website and they don’t list the show at all. When are they going to put something up about it???

Avatar Image says:

Yes! I can’t wait to see it on ITV! I have been waiting for this for sooo long!!!!

Avatar Image says:

According to ITV.com, this program will only air in England. Any chance that we can get it in the US??

Avatar Image says:

I have been raving for weeks about the great job the costume designers did on the HP movies – I would love to see that one but I am in the US…

Avatar Image says:

I’m thrilled about the A&E special and that Lexicon Steve will be participating, but John Granger? I know he’s done a lot of writing on HP and has written a book but frankly I don’t think much of him as a HP “scholar”.

Oh well, I’m sure the show will be great and I can’t wait to see it.

Avatar Image says:

ITV again. Why not the BBC? Then, at least I could watch it. Internet is not an option for me either these days. My internet provider has messed things up, and now it takes my computer about 5 minutes to download 2 seconds of video :o(

Avatar Image says:

anyone have a link to watch the a&e special? no luck on youtube =(

Avatar Image says:

ah, nevermind, found it! here’s the link if anyone’s interested…

it’s in four parts and that’ll lead you to all four.

Write a Reply or Comment