PotterCast 96: Phoenix, Arizona

115

Jun 28, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

PotterCast 96 comes to you live from Phoenix, Arizona, or more accurately Chandler, AZ, which is the next stop on our summer tour for PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast! To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (—>), or use iTunes, or direct download.

Live from Phoenix, AZ:

- Phoenix answers the Big 5 questions: Harry will live, we should trust Snape, Harry is definitely not a Horcrux(!), Harry will not return to school, and we WILL go behind the veil.
- Could Aberforth be an Animagus dragon on the deluxe edition cover?
- How do you destroy a Horcrux?
- Fan thoughts and theories: Will we see Godric’s Hollow? Could Mr. Blood make Harry a Horcrux? What is the significance of Harry’s eyes? What will Pettigrew’s life-debt to Harry mean? Will one of the Trio die in Deathly Hallows? Why did Dumbledore knowingly put Snape in a cursed job at Hogwarts?
- John’s Armadillo “Fred” (the Arizona equivalent of Scabbers) also makes his PotterCast debut.

RT: 0:54:29

Editor: Matt Kelliher

PotterCast’s Summer of Seven Tour
HarryPotterSeven.com
Harry and the Potters
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (24 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (6 MB).

To see photos from this live PotterCast, go here in our Image Galleries! If you have photos from the event that you’d like to share, please email us at staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

21 Responses to PotterCast 96: Phoenix, Arizona

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to listen to the show, I used to live in Chandler!

Avatar Image says:

the one from Tucson was just hillarious, hope this one is too :)

Avatar Image says:

Perfect timing! I was just thinking Pottercast needed a new podcast up for the sole reason that I was bored. Yea for awesome podcasts!

Avatar Image says:

Andrea, I was thinking the same thing! also because I’m not feeling that good, but I feel better now that a new PC is out

Avatar Image says:

PotterCast in the land of the saguaro cactus! Yeah! Maybe they’ll find some mimbulus mimboltonia (sp) there…

Avatar Image says:

i am posting this to try and get SOMEBODY to agree with me!

In Order of the Phoenix, while in the Ministry of Magic, Voldemort could only possess Harry for a short amount of time due to the love he felt for Sirius. If Voldemort could not possess Harry, how on earth could a piece of his soul reside in him!

Avatar Image says:

Drat! I must get my eyes checked, as I missed that y’all were in Chandler. Was the Tuscon heat not enough for you, then? Needed a few more degrees to keep you toasty?

Avatar Image says:

The new Vlog is on youtube!!

Avatar Image says:

kathryn if harry’s scar is the horcrux then it isn’t IN him it is ON him. hmmmmm.

Avatar Image says:

I was there that is my theory about peter pettigrew meeting up with harry in godrics hollow and giving him information on R.A.B. but no one was really listening everyone was talking the whole time i was and they didnt even care shame on potter cast!!!

Avatar Image says:

How come I didn’t know y’all were in Chandler! I live there! I missed it! Drat. PS- We dont’ have armadillos in AZ. But I think John might like a nice cuddly Gila Monster or maybe a Diamondback Rattlesnake. :)

Avatar Image says:

Yep, no armadillos here. But we have plenty of scorpions!

Avatar Image says:

Kathryn, I’ll agree with you. The whole Harry (or Harry’s scar) is a Horcrux is absurd.

Avatar Image says:

Agree with the position that “Harry is a horcrux” is nonsense, but beyond that, I actually have what I think is a fairly decent theory. I apologize to anyone who has already aired this brilliant idea, but as I don’t have time for the blogs/forums/etc, here goes:

Everyone keeps asking how Harry finds out about destroying the horcruxes. As JKR has already stated that we’ll see Krum again (and there’s that nagging bit about a dragon being involved at some point), my guess is that the Trio swing by Bulgaria to visit with Krum and ask him to search Durmstrang’s library for info on horcruxes. He just happens to find a book on the subject (big surprise in a school that just loves the Dark Arts), hands it over, and then the Trio take a trip to Albania, which is where I bet a horcrux is hidden (as Voldy has spent quite a bit of time there). Trio finds horcrux, uses spiffy new book to destroy it, and they’re off for more (stopping by Romania to borrow a dragon from Charlie in the process).

Thoughts, anyone? I’d have thrown this out in Tucson (which is my hometown), but as the Navy is keeping me in Hawaii, I hope someone tosses this out at the next stop on the PotterCast tour!

Avatar Image says:

Went to the last potter cast in Thousand Oaks and loved it!!!!Made no comments but wanted to, but the cast showed up late and kept getting phone calls from from all those locked out at home..heavy sigh...

Avatar Image says:

First of all isn’t Ginny 11 in the second book? Unless her birthday is before she gets possessed but I wasn’t sure what the exact date was that she got possessed so I think she was still 11 when she was taken over, not trying to be rude really just trying to clarify for myself.

Also has anyone wondered what the real signifigance of having seven horcruxes instead of just two is? Is it just that you have more chances to live or maybe it’s because each Horcrux is harder to kill. Maybe that would explain why the enchantment on the ring almost killed Dumbledore where as it took Harry stabbing the book with no backfire whatsoever to destroy that particular horcrux.

Also with Harry being a Horcrux, isn’t it possible that even though it was Voldemort’s intention to make him a horcrux…can’t that mean that he didn’t get to because Harry didn’t die?

sigh I totally want to see them just to play that dueling game. AWSOME POTTERCAST GUYS NOW COME TO MY HOUSE!!! [Ah! I just saw Melissa on MTV]

sorry one more thing

Oh! also in that 24 hours I think that Harry might have been with Hagrid at his house all day long because Dumbledore had business with the ministry obviously and Hagrid must have told Mg. Gonagall before he left the night before and that morning Mc. Gonagall showed up that morning. and Sirius attacked those muggles in broad daylight so it makes sence that Harry would be with Hagrid , the last person to get him and bring him to Dumbledore, that entire day. I don’t think there is a time travel theory.

Avatar Image says:

We have some great grackles, too. Who needs crows when you can have grackles?

Avatar Image says:

Did any one else shout out when Melissa asked how many days until Deathly Hallows? I did..proudly exclaimed 20…only to hear them say 29 :P

Avatar Image says:

I wonder what’ll happen when a bunch of cities end up having answered the Big 5 Questions exactly the same…

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: I recorded it...

Write a Reply or Comment