Dan Radcliffe Speaks to MTV About “Order of the Phoenix”

264

Jul 04, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

MTV‘s “Rough Cut” has spoken with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) in a series of three new video clips now posted on their website. Discussing the new Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix film, in the first video Dan tells us about the ‘Dumbledore’s Army’ storyline, his character becoming a teacher to the many students and about learning there are the new types of “bad people in the wizarding world” he is facing. Next, Dan speaks on his characters emotional state in the film, being affected by loneliness and death and the two ‘flawed relationships’ Harry has in the film. Finally, the third clip, Dan is asked about the much talked about ‘Harry’s first kiss’ with Katie Leung, who plays Cho Chang, and what it was like to film.

You can watch these three new clips via the MTV website.

Update: We now have the three MTV Rough Cut interview clips in our video galleries!

Is Harry becoming more political?
What is Harry’s emotional state?
What was it like to shoot “the kiss?”

Huge thanks to our Galleries Angels!

Readers who wish to read Mr. Radcliffe’s comments from the videos, can now read the text of this interview over on MTV.com.

25 Responses to Dan Radcliffe Speaks to MTV About “Order of the Phoenix”

Avatar Image says:

Good Morning, Edward! I think the correct word here would be ‘Affected’, not ‘Effected’. Thanks for all of your hard work; are you exhausted, yet? :o)

Love, The Grammar Nazi

Avatar Image says:

Unfortunately we cannot view this outside the US!

Avatar Image says:

Morning Mrs. de Mimsy-Porpington! :) Not too exhausted, I am more enthused! It’s almost difficult to comprehend we’ll have the film this time next week and the book in our hands less than a week and a half after that. Thanks for the heads up!

-Edward :)

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone see the HBO first look at OOTP?? did it have any new clips?? it was on last night.

Avatar Image says:

Yaaaa, its gonna be a very exciting time for us Potter fans, in the next few weeks :)

Avatar Image says:

‘the kiss must have been terrible for her’...they should have called me, i wouldn’t find it terrible at all…i mean it’s DAN you’re kissing…

Avatar Image says:

Apple – I live in Europe and I can see it, try again! It’s worthy, obviously Dan knows very well these books and his character. Because of what he says it’s clear it will portrayed in the movie just like it is described in the book. :)

Avatar Image says:

Edward, thank you for all the work you are doing these days, it’s truly appreciated!

Lyssa lol he is just kidding, although I don’t think you are kidding! :D In the behind the scenes clips we saw recently, they showed them after finishing the filming of The kiss and Dan gave her a check kiss. I thought that was very nice of him, a beautiful detail, no wonder she says he was the only one making her feel confortable while the crew were a little ‘annoying’. xD

Avatar Image says:

yet another clip we cannot see outside the US. Joy!!!!

Avatar Image says:

People from ALL the world can see these videos. I don’t live in the US I can see them, you just have to scroll down the page. They are very good videos, Daniel is very articulate.

awesome! =]

Avatar Image says:

lilyPotter88 – I saw the HBO first look last night, it was very good, and yeah it did have some new clips. at least they were new to me… but i never watched the 11 clips that were given before so i could be wrong. it was really interesting though and it definitely made me excited to see the movie! i think it looks like its going to the best one so far.

Avatar Image says:

Richard- scroll down to where?? I can’t see where I can view the video. (sorry if I sound dumb…)

Avatar Image says:

I live just 4 hours outside of the States and I want to watch the clips, but no MTV has something against me

Avatar Image says:

Could someone please post the videos in the Leaky Galleries? I can’t view them on the MTV website.

Avatar Image says:

Kat, when I opened the site, I could only see a white page, then I scrolled down to the end of the page and I could see a little screen and I just had to click ‘play’. :S Hope it helps!

Avatar Image says:

Ok, I found this link where everyone can download it: http://danradcliffeonline.com/ootp/video/OOTP_ontheset_MTV_070307.zip

(delete spaces)

:D

thanks Richard.

‘it must have been terrible for her’- I like the look on his face after he said that :D

Avatar Image says:

I love Dan’s face at the end of the kiss clip. Priceless. lol. He’s so adorable.

Avatar Image says:

Well I have my ticket for the film :) bought it at my local cinema tonight. This time Thursday week I will be a happy camper.

Avatar Image says:

just wondering- when do the official film reviews come out? I kind of expected them to see them today??

not that it matters much to me as I am going on 12th anyway.

Jealous much, maria w.?

According to someone who worked at the theatre holding the premiere, she said Dan smelled very good and is even better looking in person ;D so there!

Avatar Image says:

I just read the transcript (since I am at work right now). I know he has been giving interviews for a long time but I am always amazed at how well he handles them. He is so articulate. You don’t get the “like”s and “Uhm”s that you get when listening to other teenagers. Impressive.

Avatar Image says:

Do you guys, like me, get sick of hearing the same questions asked over and over and over and over again? I feel for the actors because their press junkets must get so redundant. he kiss is such a stupid question to ask about when the entire movie is about how Harry copes with the Ministries and Voldemorts invasion. Now HBP is the movie to be talking about kisses!=)

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: They were not so good...

Write a Reply or Comment