Jul 06, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The Telegraph is reporting this evening that author J. K. Rowling described the completion of the final chapter of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as “the most remarkable feeling” in the upcoming interview on BBC1‘s Jonathan Ross program. During the taping, which took place on this Thursday, Jo went on to say this when asked about writing that momentous final chapter after almost 20 years with the series:

“Finishing the book is a relief. I can’t think of anyone who could know how I felt. Actually finishing it was the most remarkable feeling I’ve ever had… [I felt] euphoria, devastated, when I finished one chapter near the end I absolutely howled, it had been planned for so long.

“I was in a hotel room on my own, sobbing my heart out. I downed half a bottle of champagne in one and went home with mascara all over my face. It was really tough.”

Update: A few more details have emerged from the Jonathan Ross interview via a new article on BBC News. This article features a two more quotes from the author, the first, when discussing the fact that the filmmakers adapting Harry Potter for the screen have kept the cast entirely British, called it a “hell of an achievement.” Jo also gave another tidbit of information regarding the last word written in the final Harry Potter book. The common thought among fans for the past number of years was the series’ text end with the word ‘scar.’ Jo reveals it has, in fact, that been changed:

“Scar? It was so for ages, and now it’s not. Scar is quite near the end, but it’s not the last word.”

The full Jonathan Ross Show interview will air July 6th on BBC1 at 10:35pm BST. If you are able to capture the footage of the interview, please send it in!

137 Responses to JKR:”Scar” No Longer Last Word of “Deathly Hallows,” Was “Euphoric and Devasted” When Writing Final Chapter of Book

Avatar Image says:

whoa!! sounds intense…..hope Hermione doesn’t die

Avatar Image says:

...She was in a hotel room crying her eyes out and downing a bottle of champagne???!! ...that to me says someone SUPER important is going to die.. praayys that it’s not Harry!!

Avatar Image says:

Could she be crying too much because she killed harry? Maybe.

Holy oompa loompas…

...I just hope this doesn’t happen when I read it as well. I wish there could be a way to thank her properly for what she’s done by sharing this wonderful story with all of us.

...I can’t believe it’s almost over.

Avatar Image says:

Wow. Just the sheer feeling of ACOMPLISHMENT she must have experienced. That alone would be enough to get highly emotional. Man, July 21 is coming awfully fast, donthcha think?

JK, you earn every single frikken penny. All I have to say is, well, thank you. You have changed my life forever:)

Avatar Image says:

Naaa she was probaly in that state cause it was over not because she kiled off some one important.

Avatar Image says:

oh, JO…i FEEL that. i think i may do the same, upon the end. champagne and sobbing all by my lonesome. because nobody will feel the ending in the same way sigh ...and i say this as only a reader this must be an intense year for her.

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm…sounds serious! We always knew it could be…but this sounds VERY serious. I really hope we can avoid being spoiled!

Avatar Image says:

Poor Jo – she’s had another child and he’s leaving the nest already…..

Goodbye Harry – we will all miss you. we followed in your shaddow since “you was jus’ a baby” and we will be damn proud of your acheivements by the end. just like we are damn proud of your creator..

Goodbye friend, teammate, classmate , brother, lover and son.

Shes so funny. :)

I can only imagine what she feels like. I have a few characters of my own and the prospect of finishing their life story is downright scary. Just to be done and over with them…I would probably have to make a hundred sequels! And Ive only had these characters for like 3 years. Poor Jo!

Avatar Image says:

well this indiactes that something very important is going to happen which will twist us all. Remember that Jo said that she cried when she was writing the ending of goblet of fire and she told that the first time she cried when she was writing and the ending turned out to be voldeemort returning….... this indicates to me that something important like this is going to happen…........someone very significant and unexpected is dead….. oops just 13 daya to go…... and soon we will be having our hankies wet :(

Avatar Image says:

Damn… Does this mean I have to stock up on kleenex and champagne?

LOL.

Avatar Image says:

Jo can down half a bottle of champagne in one? I wanna party with her!

Avatar Image says:

LOL gnocchi i agree! Champagne for everyone!

And can I just say how much I love JK Rowling’s hair? She looks hot!

Avatar Image says:

Gee, I feel like I’ve just been spoiled for the end of the book already. I know what people are gonna say, there are many reasons she could’ve had that reaction, but to me there’s only one thing that could have caused it. I sort of wish I hadn’t read this, but maybe it’s good I’m prepared.

Avatar Image says:

That means someone important who we love is gonna die. I can deal with good guys dying but not the ones I really like :(

Avatar Image says:

Imagine writing this epic story for a good portion of your life and having your life revolve around that story and then to finally end it must be spectacularly sad.. I could understand that someone important will die, but I think that it’ll be an amazing end. Goodness, I wouldn’t think Hermione’d die- that’d raise enough controversy with the character being “based on” the writer herself!

Ugh. I can and can’t wait to read that book. :(

This interview is probably hilarious though can’t wait to see it! :)

Avatar Image says:

I’m kind of shocked by everyone’s reaction… is it really surprising that Jo was so upset? I think she’d be devestated even if it was a lovely happy ending seeing as this has just really been the defining part of her life.

uh-oh, better get a load of tissues 2 b prepared

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think this can really tell us anything we don’t know, or even hint about specifics of the plot. She finally finished something that’s been a part of her life for a decade. Whether she killed a major character or not, of course it’s a complex emotional experience for her. Also, isn’t the ‘euphoric and devastated’ comment old? I remember reading that when it was announced she finished writing.

Avatar Image says:

When we’re all simultaneously at the end of the book, does anyone also think that we’ll be adding so much salty tears on earth, we’d probably imbalance the eco-system for a day or two! Whatever be the ending. I wish Jo didn’t feel that pain. Sorry Jo. And thank you. That couldn’t have been easy on you.

Avatar Image says:

She also disclosed that Hermione, the heroine of the series, is based on herself and said: “I was quite swotty when I was a kid.”

“Disclosed.” Yes. Because you know, she’s never said that before.

Avatar Image says:

how long before this news gets posted on mugglenet.com?

Avatar Image says:

Oh God! PLEASE don’t let this mean she’s killed Harry! I couldn’t take that and might have to call one of those emergency hotlines if that happened! LOL

Hopefully she was just emotional because she was finishing it up and not because she’s killed him. Gah. I’m so nervous now.

Avatar Image says:

Here, here, Amy S, I totally agree. I don’t think this has anything to do with a character’s death. I mean, she’s been planning that chapter for seriously, year, maybe even a decade or more. How would you not be emotional when finally putting it down on paper?

Avatar Image says:

Well, for me it’s all in the phrasing. Yes, she’s mentioned feeling euphoric and devastated before, and I blew it off, because of course finishing the series is going to be an emotional experience for her. But, this time she’s referring to an action taken in a chapter near the end. She used very similar phrasing when hinting at the deaths of Sirius and Dumbledore. I think she’s clearly hinting at the death of a major character here, and only Harry, Hermione, or Ron could have gotten that reaction out of her, IMO. Since, I’m firmly convinced that Hermione and Ron’s romance is our happy ending, I can’t help but believe she’s talking about Harry here. I’ve long suspected that he’d have to sacrifice his life to defeat Voldemort, I’d just always thought there was going to be an out. After reading this, I’m pretty sure there will be no out for our Harry.

Avatar Image says:

Okay everyone… champagne, kleenex and runny mascarca for us all! Didn’t she once say that Hagrid was one of her favorite characters? I truly that he is not going to survive the last book. I remember reading something that implied that JKR persuaded Robbie Coltrane to not leave the series (movies) because of what happens to his character in the end. I doubt it was because of Grawp. Every actor loves a good death scene.

Avatar Image says:

I dont think shes sad about one of her characters dying…shes planned those long enough to come to terms with that. What she is sad about is that this is the end of what will surely be her largest success, and something that has brought her unknown joy,

Avatar Image says:

I agree Marypao. I really think that Hagrid will die in book 7.

Plus, if we go behind the veil and you’ve got Harry potentially seeing Sirius and maybe even his parents. Can you imagine Harry’s reaction at actually seing and talking to them again?

Avatar Image says:

This experience must have been so intense for her. I mean, you have to think that those characters and that world have existed in her head for SO long, longer than for any of us, and now it’s done. That’s heartbreaking. At the same time, it’s such an overwhelming accomplishment to have finished a series as big and impressive as Harry Potter. I don’t think the sobbing and the tears necessarily means she killed Harry. A beloved character’s death may have something to do with it, but even if no one died, I’d be willing to bet she would have sobbed anyway.

Avatar Image says:

if she was crying and feeling so bad imagine how we will feel.i guess we’ll dedicate the next weeks to prepare ourselves mentaly for what’s to come cause i know that if something happens to harry i’ll be crying nonstop, hope i won’t get the book wet(snif)...

Avatar Image says:

Haha:) Jo was doing a Winky post Goblet of Fire dismissal. Good to know she’s human too.

Oh ….. My …....Goodness.

This is really getting too close for comfort now! I’ve just read Harry being sorted into Gryffindor (as I re-read the whole set yet again in preparation for DH). What a long way he’s come and what a long way we’ve come with him. Although I want DH now – right now, this minute – at the same time I don’t want all the speculation and clue interpretation to end. One thing’s pretty certain, I don’t think there will ever be anything like this again and we’ve been extremely lucky to have been able to take part in ‘real time’ as it were. It just won’t be the same for others in the future who can just read all 7 books from start to finish in 2 weeks flat. Now, Jo, if we could just please have a couple of chapter titles or a tiny bit of text before the 21st…....!!

Avatar Image says:

Half a bottle of champaign…Well, now we know what caused JK to vandalise the hotel statue in her room! I can just about see the whole picture of that remarkable day in Scotland: As JK writes the last word “scar”, she crys untrollably, opening the champaign bottle, the cork shoots off hitting the statue. She clumsily sprays it all on her face and wipes the champaign off hence smudging her mascara, downs half the bottle in one go, stumbles around the room in euphoria, trips over the chair, sees the statue again, giggles wickedly, writes on it then starts to feel sad as the feeling of the end of a 17 year journey has sunk in (as well as the champaign) – what a hellraiser!

JK is the greatest – I will do exactly the same as I go up to Lake District to read my Deathly hallows in solitude as soon as I get it at the midnight opening…(ok I want write on expensive statues…somehow I dont think I will get the same treatment as JK)

Avatar Image says:

wow I’m so excited and nervous! But i’m sure its nothing compared to Jo’s feelings.

Like many other's it'll be waiting at midnight at a local store here in Guatemala. I'll then proceed to shut myself off from the world for the weekend. Maybe it'll take some pics and post them.
Avatar Image says:

Wow…maybe I should buy a bottle of bubbly to down when I get the book too.

Avatar Image says:

Ooooooh Jo and I are the same, I also downed half a bottle of Champagne lately (i got a really important exam) ;)

Avatar Image says:

I’m not very fond of champange, so several litres of choc-honeycomb icecream will be my comfort! Prays that it’s not Harry or Hermione she was crying about…..

Avatar Image says:

To me, she was only crying because that was the end of something very important for her (these books totally change her life), it doesn’t necessarily mean that somebody dies… Even though i’m pretty sur that harry will die.

Avatar Image says:

Howling at a chapter near the end??? We are going to need to buy stock in champagne & klenex!!! Oh, pleeeeeeeaaaaasssseeee let Harry make it….

Avatar Image says:

=( huggles Jo Don’t crryyyy!

Avatar Image says:

More Jo quotes: http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0706/rowlingjk.html “But Harry was “totally imaginary”, the writer insists.

And asked about whether “Scar” is the last word in the book, she said: “Scar? It was so for ages, and now it’s not.

“Scar is quite near the end, but it’s not the last word.”

Avatar Image says:

Being a writer myself and as attached to my characters as Jo- I do know exactly how she is feeling. They don’t have to die to get upset over- just leaving their side of the story is upsetting enough.

I’ve been very good at not spoiling myself for this book but I have to watch Jonathon Ross tonight. He’s amazing and Jo is amazing. Should be some great watching.

Avatar Image says:

Maybe the howling had more to do with life than with death (an important choice having had to be made?)

I plan on reading the book with a box of tissues handy and a cake. Icing is great for celebration AND consolation.

Thanks for the quote, Jenny!

fleeber (who is heartily sick of hearing people make up sentences that end in “scar”)

Avatar Image says:

So ‘scar’ isn’t the last word? Wow, I wonder why it was changed?!

I can’t wait to see her in Jonathan Ross’s show, I’m sure it will be quite hilarious at times! I love his show!

Avatar Image says:

She also says in this interview the last word is no longer “scar”, though it is still near the end

Avatar Image says:

OMG Newsround are also reporting that SCAR is no longer the last word! I cant believe it! I thought that was almost set in stone! But “Scar” will appear near the end Jo said…..interesting!!

Avatar Image says:

I hope noone dies.Exept Voldermont.

Avatar Image says:

It really is kind of funny how we all focus on Harry dieing and nobody ever mentions anything about Voldemore dieing. Jo tells us that two characters die…does it have to be Harry, Ron, or/and Hermione? Can’t it be Voldie and Hagrid or Snape or Malfoy? I guess two more weeks until we find out. It surely will be a sad day.

Avatar Image says:

I find this annoying- We dont know that just two characters die. We know that Jo said “two died who she had not intended on killing.” That does NOT mean thats it. Im sure there will be a lot more than two deaths-this is a war! Expect more deaths-the media gets it wrong picking up on things.

Avatar Image says:

Scar is no longer the last word of the book. See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6276682.stm

Avatar Image says:

True, it could mean someone dying, but, it can also mean that she finished something that has been a big part of her life, that made her emotional.

Avatar Image says:

Oh! Poor Jo! I can’t imagine having these characters running around in my head for so many years and then their story is done. UGH. Now what?!? I’d probably down a whole bottle of champagne… :(

On another note, and I know this is OT, did anyone see the ABC article that starts out with “Like the Hogwart’s Express, the invisible train…” I mean please, can’t they get their facts straight?!?

Avatar Image says:

Well what if Hagrid dies???? That would make me cry… I mean he is not sooooooooo importatn but he is such a nice person…

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think she was necessarily crying because someone had died. She said she was crying when she finished that particular chapter because it had been planned for so long and now it was finished.

Avatar Image says:

omg.I hope harry or snape dont die

Avatar Image says:

Heres more on www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice go to the first story! Kids-Jo curses in the sentence about who Harry is based on so careful!

Avatar Image says:

Oh dear god,its too close! Can’t deal with it if Harry dies! I mean,I’m underage,but If I could,I would drown my sorrows as well :(

Avatar Image says:

well,i’m very exited about this interview….

Avatar Image says:

Is anyone else having problems with the Forums? (MySQL error)?

Avatar Image says:

“devastating”? Okay, who dies?

Avatar Image says:

I’m also interested on some of the other she has said in the past…like the fact that Ravenclaw will have its day…but scar no longer the last word..what happened in the book that meant she had to move it

Avatar Image says:

Yes the Forums seem to be broken at the moment (as they were at times yesterday).

Thanks roonwit!

Avatar Image says:

Scar moving away from the last word could just be a stylistic issue, and she decided that it was better to phrase that sentence differently, because making “scar” the last word sounded artificial.

Avatar Image says:

I’m crying righ now just reading what everyone has to say… It’s such an amzaing thing we have all been apart of and i whole heasrtedly think it sdafe to say that there WILL NEVER BE another thing like Harry Potter. Think about it guys, we have books, movies, bands, podcasts, websites, toys, games, billions of new friends and sooooooo much more!!! What this one woman has created is a whole new generation of readers and lovers. Ones who can whole heartedly say that Harry Potter has been the best thing that has ever happen to them. I mean how many non-hp-fans can say that by one story they have had hours and hours of entertainment, met new friends and fought with even their best firneds over cannon!!! Guys what we have on our hands here is a life changing experience on our hands and I can say with no difficulty is that there will never be another fan base like the Potter fan base. Never will be the fans groups of the future have such a nice caring and funny community!!! We all have our own little world! Now what Jo – i think- was “howling” about was the this. Not the “end” for say but a bring together. She has just written the last of something that has brought millions of people together. Something that has not only changed her life but the lives of every one of us. Szhe was “howling” because this was the moment that nearly all of us hve been waiting for – no mwatter how long you have been a fan-! ......... Now it’s at an end….and now I’m howling too….no wonder she was hystericall! No more speculation or cannon canundrums…but hopefully we will always be left with those few lingering questions and those many happy momnets that we have all cherrished so much!!!

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!!!

Avatar Image says:

There is a new interview with Jo here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a64189/potter-premiere-in-video-jk-rowling.html

delete the spaces<

She talks about the new actresses, she says what she most appreciate of the movie is that they have included Harry angry, Jo says Daniel is superb, and finally she talks about some of the creatures included in the movie. :)

Avatar Image says:

Im having trouble too beth. and girls (and guys…) I’ve had my half bottle of ruinart (champagne) sitting read for six months… its been calling out to me but i mustnt drink it until i have my deathly hallows book (that being said it hasnt stopped my buying a couple more bottles and drinking them- but this particular one has been marked for DH ;) )

Avatar Image says:

I feel so bad for Jo!If she cried that much, it could mean that the wizarding world no longer existed and the trio dies. We will just have to wait 14 days.I just hope Harry doesn’t die.

Avatar Image says:

It’s not ‘scar’ anymore? Whoa. Actually, I’m sorta glad I found out before I read the ending and rather than thinking about Harry I would be thinking ‘but..but—I thought the last word was ‘scar.’ haha.

Avatar Image says:

is it just me or is J.K. Rowling look SMOKIN hot in that picture?

Avatar Image says:

I’m so excited for this interview!! :D

Avatar Image says:

Well, we know one thing Jo did with her billions – damn, those are nice new “sweaters”!

Avatar Image says:

:::sniff::: i’m scared now….as long as none of the trio (or ginny) dies, it won’t be TOO bad. oh well, i’ll have my tissues and wine (don’t like champagne) with me.

Avatar Image says:

it must have been extremely emotional, to bring all to an end, after all this time….and how it all changed her life….whew!!!!!!i’ll have my tissues ready!!!!but—-what will i do, after harry?....besides read it over, and over….well done, Jo!!!!long live Harry Potter!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

:( Its so sad …the end is here. Being a writer I can’t imagine finishing up as big of a series as HP was. I imagine it would be a feeling of success and accomplishment mixed in with devastation that its all over and perhaps a bit of lonliness as well. Too much for me to handle. Jo’s so brave to be able to face the end! HP ROCKS!!

Avatar Image says:

The last word isn’t “Scar” anymore? How sad! But that’s what everyone thought it has been for YEARS

But it’s still “quite near the end”, so at this point I have no idea what to think.

Avatar Image says:

Everyone seems to think that she was crying because it was over. But wasn’t it written A Chapter Near The End (of the Book)? To me, that means a death. Now, knowing her style, her denouement only lasts about a chapter, perhaps sometimes a bit more, so I think that it wasn’t a really really seriously important character (ie. not one of the trio). But it was someone she holds dear. That OR it was Dumbledore coming back and Harry not wanting to let go….(I can dream, can’t I?)

Forget the box of tissues – I am buying a whole pack of Charmin or Cottonelle (did they really have to change their name to Cashmere?) and wipe all my tears and bogeys away… I can already hear my heart hitting the floor!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think she was crying specifically at something that has happened in the book but just for the fact it has finished.

Harry has taken up her life for so long now it must be odd to actually have it finished.

She must be sad it is ending but also excited about what is to come. This is her chance to proove she has more in her than Harry which I am positive she has. She can take some well earned time off though before she does start thinking of what else to do.

I am still holding out for the encyclopeida thing though. I hope she does it.

Avatar Image says:

I personally think she was “howling” over the ending of the series. In the quote she says that it was “when {she} had finished one chapter near the end ….. it had been planned for so long.” To me that says that it was the accomplishment of completing something that had been in her mind forever. Finishing this series is an amazing accomplishment to which all of us will be forever grateful, to me that’s enough to make me cry right now, let alone when I’m reading the book.

Oh nooooooooooooooo!!!!

The last word isn’t “scar” anymore? : (

Avatar Image says:

Sarah…I too hope that she will be doing the encyclopedia and that it will thick and full of all the details she can cram into it. I even hope that the tinist details that never developed into anything major are given full mention. I selfishly hope it will be soon too, after a well deserved relaxing holiday for Jo and her family though.

All of these new quotes are great, but I hope someone is able to capture the footage tonight and get it posted on Leaky quickly. I can’t wait to actually hear Jo when she talks about this.

Avatar Image says:

As professor Higgins said, in My Fair Lady : ” Be like me ”. Be prepared for the worst and, rejoice if it does not happend.

I believe she cried out of relieve, not because she murdered characters we love, even though she did.

It is comming.

Avatar Image says:

She describes the feeling as being Euphoric and yet devastated.

I take this to mean that she shed tears of joy for reaching her goal of completing the series…and sadness for having to end her own private relationship with Harry and his world.

Avatar Image says:

Have to admit – I was looking forward to taking a quick glance at the last page to see if “Scar” was indeed the last word.

Avatar Image says:

I was listening to “Harry in Winter” from the Goblet of Fire soundtrack as I read this article, and started crying my eyes out. I just have this horrible feeling that Harry will die…

Oh GOD I can’t believe it’s all almost over.

Avatar Image says:

You know I couldn’t sleep at all last night because I was thinking about the 7th book and the end and everything. Imagine how much fans’ll being crying now after it’s over…

Avatar Image says:

I read a different article on the same interview…it said that she “confirmed” that 2 die….My bets are Voldie, and Hagrid…

Avatar Image says:

WOW! I could not even imagine what she must be feeling. JKR has experienced so many life adjustments during these years…her moms passing, rejection then acceptance of her first book, a new husband, the birth and growth of her children, poverty and then INSANE wealth, popularity beyond measure…the list goes on and on..This is part of the reason I am such a big fan of her books and….well….her…she is an amazing woman who worked tirelessly for her empire…and looked DARN good while doing so. Did you see that dress she’d worn to the OOP premiere? VA-VA-VOOM!

PHILANTHROPIST, MOTHER, WIFE, AUTHOR. WE ADMIRE AND ADORE YOU JOANNE ROWLING!!

Avatar Image says:

well I was almost howling just reading that quote so goodness knows what state I’ll be in reading the book!

Avatar Image says:

Poor JKR… I suppose it’s rather hard to let something you’ve been working on for years finally go. I can say this out of experience: whether you’re an author or an artist or a musician or whatever, you have an affection for your creations. I have done several paintings, and if someone wanted one of them, I’d have a hard time selling it or giving it away. And it’s clearly not only me. JKR’s favorite author, Jane Austen, wrote in a letter I’ve read that she viewed her book “Sense and Sensibility” as “her own darling child.” I think that’s why JKR was sobbing when she finished that chapter.

So, the last word isn’t “scar” anymore? It will be interesting to find out what it is now. That’s another mystery thrown onto “Deathly Hallows,” unless the last words are now “The End.”

Avatar Image says:

By the way, why did FLY AWAY post their comment six times?

Avatar Image says:

By the way, why did FLY AWAY post their comment six times? Unless it’s my computer screwing up again…

Awww…no more scar?

Avatar Image says:

I hope I don’t ruin it. It will take alot of self-control to keep me from reading the last word. I ruined who died in HBP so I am praying I don’t look ahead.I might not even look at the table of contents.Only 14 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

lol! I think a bottle of whatever alcohol would be suited for everyone who reads this book! XD I know I’ll at least have some tequila close by!

Interesting that the last word is not ‘scar’ anymore…I wonder what it’ll be.

Avatar Image says:

I hope someone’s captured the Bob Boskins interview. There’s a bit about wanting a role in HP 7 which was hysterical!

Avatar Image says:

oops! I meant Bob Hoskins!

Avatar Image says:

LizetM, Jk mentioned a character he could play in there as well. Someone new is most likely in 7 then

Avatar Image says:

The cameras have just cut to Jo in the Green Room, whilst JR was interviewing another guest, and she was signing a copy of PS for Paul Weller!

Avatar Image says:

Only a few more minutes now and the interview will be on. I’m going to watch it now. :o)

OMG A BLOODBATH

Avatar Image says:

tarana, share with us what you see, plase!!! thanks!

Avatar Image says:

oh boy i cant wait to read this book. i seriously cant beleive theres gonna be loads of deaths

Avatar Image says:

please!!! what does she has said??? please transcript!!! :(

Dobby = Gary Lineker! LOLOLOLOL

Avatar Image says:

micca. she said the usual stuff about how she cam up with the idea of harry potter. but the most ecxiting thing she said was that the final book is gonna be a bloodbath and loads of deaths. proper cant wait

Plagiarising from LL:

Original poster – christinemfdorrat (hope you don’t mind) Bob Hoskins: Agreed with JR that he was in floods of tears when Cedric died. He said it was a big event in the hoskins house when a new HP books come out. He listens to Fry’s cds in the car. JR asked why he wasn’t in the films, BH said he wants to be in a film. Apparently JKR had said she would write him a part, she replied that he would be perfect for a part in DH, but she wouldn’t tell who. He would most like to be a WELSH wizard!

Gok Wan:During his piece with JR, JKR was shown to be signing a book (appeared to be a UK Potter book) for Paul Weller!

Music from Paul Weller!

Jo Rowling: Took the K to make it more ‘blokey’. Jr said it was an honor to have JKR on the show. Finishing the books has been a ‘release’. Wants to take a break now. Kept loosing the epilogue, changed it a little. More than two characters die, (two died that weren’t going to). JR didn’t cry when Dumbledore died. Three main characters are aspects of JKR’s personality. Only her husband has read the new book, daughter will get the first copy. Last three books were stolen from the printers by bent security guards. WB wanted to by rights to the characters, JKR had to ask for sequels to be her sequels (NOT Harry goes to Vegas). JKR thinks HP and the OotP is the best film yet. Last word was scar, but is not now. Would not tell JR the new last word. Actually finishing felt euphoric and devestatling. Howled when she wrote ‘a’ chapter (alone in a hotel). Harry’s story comes to a clear end in book7, but won’t say that she will never write another HP book. Harry’s school books raised 16million pounds for Comic Relief.

Avatar Image says:

that was pretty succinct!

“WB wanted to by rights to the characters, JKR had to ask for sequels to be her sequels (NOT Harry goes to Vegas – you missed Harry Gets a Hooker, lol)

she laughed a lot at JKR’s rude jokes

did anyone capture the Bob Hoskins bit? I got the rest of it (I think!- tv’s not up to much at the mo).

Avatar Image says:

I just saw the interview on the BBC. It was great. I think the bloodbath thing was a joke. She said she had to cry terribly and was devestated when she finished a chapter near the end, although it was planned for so long. I had the feeling that something terribly is will happen in that chapter, because of the second part, that it was planned for so long…

Avatar Image says:

Yep, just finished watching it. It was a very funny interview and I’ll pass over some of the very rude jokes Jonathan Ross made – TLC should definitely put up the usual adult humour warning when the vid’s posted.

JR was very funny talking about her arriving home from an hotel room, covered in mascara, smelling of champagne having been crying.

But yes, it was confirmed that MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE DIE and the word “bloodbath” was used! The post above by leakylounge sums up the interview really well. The quote is “Harry’s story comes to a very definite end in this book” which does NOT mean he dies. The chapter where she talks about crying is near the end and has been planned for 10 years was the cause of her crying. Again, this does NOT necessarily mean Harry’s dying, but I think links into the recently revealed quote about seeing how close to the dead you can get.

I do think everyone’s gotta be prepared for a heartbreaking book though. Aaagggh I can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

“Harry’s story comes to a clear end in book7, but won’t say that she will never write another HP book.”

actually she said she “won’t say that [she’ll] never return to that world’, so that’s a bit more ambiguous re Harry.

Avatar Image says:

A…a b-bloodbath, she said. She was kidding, but only partially. More than two deaths for sure, maybe many more. Blimey. quivers She looked fab.

Avatar Image says:

she looked amazing in the black dress.

Avatar Image says:

I expected it to be funnier, although Jonathan Ross did some good jokes like always. And it would have been great if she would have said something new, like some clue.. But, she gives so little interviews that I’m happy she did this one.

Avatar Image says:

I recorded the whole show on my PC. Just working out how to cut it down from 2GB and what to cut out from it. Will try and get both parts.

From listening to her Harry dies in my opinion.

Avatar Image says:

I liked the idea of scar being the last word, now that is not true (sad, tear, sad)

Avatar Image says:

she grimaced and her foot went a bit jerky at what Jonathan Ross said about people not wanting their favourite characters to die.

in the Bob Hoskins bit, JonRoss asked BH why he hadn’t been in HP movies yet and BH gave a very funny response which I won’t give away in case you see it. Then JR asked Jo if she’d remembered to include a part for him in Book 7 and she pretended to go ‘oh no…I forgot’, and then ‘oh wait a minute there is someone who’d work’. Then JR and BH did a really funny bit about imagining what the character would be like.

Avatar Image says:

wow. i swear if harry dies… i might be very upset.

im actually totally not happy that the last word isnt scar. i loved thinking that i knew some lil tidbit… without actually ruining anythng… but oh well. i guess we have to wait a few more days!!!!!!!!!!

so excited that she falls over and shireks in joy… then passes out

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

Well, Micca, obviously, some other people beat me to it, by the time I read all the comments. My computer is (still) very slow. Btw, the part in book 7 which Bob Hoskins could play, is a wizard, but she did not tell more about this character. They joked a bit about, if it would work if Bob would play this role with a Welsh accent. She said it would, but she didn’t say if this wizard is actually Welsh.

It has always puzzled me, ever she made the remark on the Richard and Judy show, that her words were interpreted as if there would only be two deads in book 7. She mentioned this, too. Again she said that two characters will die, who she had not planned to die earlier on. She clearly said more characters will die, saying sort of jokingly, it would be a bloodbath. I think there may be a lot of deads, but most of these characters we will hardly know. A bit like in war movies, where lots of (anonymous) soldiers die. Or like the thirteen people Wormtail had killed. That’s a lot, too.

Avatar Image says:

Oh I hope the ending is satisfying for all of us, I’m pretty sure it has been for her. Its just so surreal, this phenonemon (I know my spelling sucks when I see HP on television and near burst in tears) is ending. I mean for those who have been following it for such a long time, its well surreal! I do hope all that champange was drunk well as celebration over a good closure rather than over too many deaths! Joanne Rowling! we love you and your work beyond reason! Honestly people…I don’t think something like this will ever happen ever again.

Avatar Image says:

Another tiny detail from the interview: Jessica (Jo’s daughter) didn’t want to read the book before her schoolterm had finished, because she would be swarmed.

I am trying to think of some other bits that aren’t mentioned before. Did anyone already say, that they showed a few scenes from the movie. One was a very cool one where the DA practiced their ‘expecto patronum’ spells. (It could be on the internet as well, but I saw it for the first time). They also show clips from the Comic Relief spoof with Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French. Saunders played Jo, after which Jonathan Ross said that Jo was much warmer (and… something, which I don’t remember right now). JR also said he and his family are great fans of the books, and he thanked Jo for writing them. It wasn’t very informative, but it was nice. As of course we all know, Jo is very kind. I can’t wait for the Blue Peter show where she will also appear and probably answer some questions from children (which will probably be more interesting ;o) ). And I do hope the ITV1 programme will be broadcast somewhere else as well, so I can see it.

It would be so great to watch and listen to (and/or read) an indepth interview with Jo after book 7 is out. I can’t almost wait for that either.

Avatar Image says:

It would be so great to watch and listen to (and/or read) an indepth interview with Jo after book 7 is out. I almost can’t wait for that either.

Avatar Image says:

Sorry for the double posting. I don’t know what happened there, but it seems I am not the only one to whom it happened.

O yeah, Jo said something about not wanting to say she would never write another HP book again. Never say never, she said. ‘Who is to say, that I won’t want to go back there in 10 years’. I think those were her actual words. Well, I didn’t expect she would on short term. (Wishing, of course, but not expecting.) Pity though about the encyclopedia. I was almost sure she would say something about it, but then she said the above. Well, I am really going now. Talk to you all later.

Avatar Image says:

Hey all. I watched the tv proggie too =) Gotta love Jonathan Ross and I LOVE Bob Hoskins SO much (I REALLY imagined him as Horace Slughorn!)

When Jonathan Ross asked “Will you continue writing about the adventures of Harry after book 7?”...as soon as JKRowling said “I won’t say that I’ll never return to that world” I said to my mum, “Harry’s gonna die!” =( She used her wording REALLY cleverly! She didn’t say “I won’t say that I’ll never return to Harry.” Or “Harry’s life” or “I won’t say that I’ll never write another book about Harry” or “Harry’s adventures”.

It was like she subtly said “I wont need to write another story about Harry cos there wont be anymore stories to tell” =(

I hope it’s not true. And I’m not sure if it will be. If the whole series has been through the eyes and described by Harry then how will the final one/two chapters be written if Harry dies? (If he dies a couple of chapters before-when “JKR cried”.)

I dunno. ONLY TWO WEEKS GUYS!!!

Sooooo excited!!!

=P xxx

Avatar Image says:

I can’t seemed to stop posting, bits from the show keep popping up in memory. A very last one then: At the beginning JR made a funny joke (and it was decent, too). He said he had read the new book and that it was very good, but in his opinion Jo could have done better than to end it with ‘it had all been a dream’.

I once read a book, which I thought was great, until at the end the main character wakes up. I felt really cheated, to have a literally wonderful adventure end like that. But JR’s joke is funny, because I know Jo would never do such a thing to us (most certainly not with HP, and also not in any later books she may write).

Avatar Image says:

Serina said: She used her wording REALLY cleverly! She didn’t say “I won’t say that I’ll never return to Harry.”

Yes, Serina, but she always does use her words very cleverly. I think it is amazing, how she never seems to let something slip that she doesn’t want to. Still, I am hopeful that Harry will live. It could very well be, that she is teasing us with these phrasings.

Avatar Image says:

So funny when Jonathan asked her if she meant ‘Scar’ or ‘Ska’ (as in the type of music) and he started singing A Song For You Rudi by The Specials. Hilarious, I was cracking up with JK.

Avatar Image says:

Did you see the bit where she was signing a copy of Philosopher’s Stone for Paul Weller! Paul Weller!!!! He’s only the second coolest man in British rock n’ roll (after David Bowie). That must’ve been a surreal moment for JKR – him askng her for an autograph!

Avatar Image says:

all man i was looking forward to looking for the last word as scar!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god, that makes me soo worried, because i know that i’ll probly be at least 1/2 as emotional when i finish the book …. man i’m going to have a hard time keeping the ending from my mom (she reads alot slower than me, i read book six in 5hrs, i got it at the midnight b&n’s party, then started it at 2am and finished it just before the 7’oclock news) i’ll probly have to shut myself in my room untill she’s done with DH …. ugh the ending is going to be soo sad for me i’m going to need like 3 new book series to replace Harry Potter

Avatar Image says:

Holy crap….....Harry might die in this book. Because if you put the puzzle togeather then it makes sense but it would be nice if he stayed alive and voldemort dies…....oh god!!! I really dont want harry to die in the last book. OMG it will be very sad.

Avatar Imagedaisy bell says: the finale of harry potter and the deathly hallows is awesome..voldemort, you may think he's clever but his just like his death eaters,all idiot.. snape,he really loves lily potter though they didn't end up together..i guess snape is quite an actor, i admire his courage and bravery..ron and hermione end up together..they've got 2 children..rosie and hugo..ron, still unchanged..and james potter (son of harry and ginny), guess he inherited his attitude from his uncle ron,interrupting others and not minding his own business..harry and ginny, you're such a lovely couple..i wish JK will continue the story of harry potter now that he has his own family..Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: I know what it is!

Write a Reply or Comment