US “Order of the Phoenix” Premiere Today in Los Angeles

195

Jul 08, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Later today, the US premiere for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will take place at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles, California. As we reported the other day, film stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Imelda Staunton are confirmed to attend the event along with the films director, David Yates, producers and screenwriter Michael Goldenberg. Red carpet arrivals will begin at 3:30pm PST, with the screening set to commence at 5:00pm. TLC is in attendance at the event and will bring you coverage from the premiere shortly.

TLC will also attend the ‘Hand, Foot and Wand-Print’ ceremony for Dan, Rupert and Emma at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre the following Monday. The ceremony will have the trio place their hands, feet and wands in cement, forever immortalized in the famous theaters forecourt beginning at 11:30am PST.

Update: We have now received word from a number of our wonderful readers that a premiere webcam is available at the Mann Theater website. While we have not heard of a streaming video being available for this premiere, the two webcam shots are currently live, sans sound, showing the theater’s forecourt and the entrance to the theater.

Be sure to check back to TLC for continued updates on these events!

55 Responses to US “Order of the Phoenix” Premiere Today in Los Angeles

Avatar Image says:

I thiiiiiiink I may go and check it out for fun… though those things tend to get a little insane. It would be fun to snap a photo of the madness though! I just don’t want to get there early (which means there will be 8000000 people there by the time I get there). hmmmm… fun!

Avatar Image says:

This’ll be cool, with the trio getting hand, foot and WAND prints in front of the theatre. I’m in EST and I keep forgetting US timezones so I’ll check back in an hour or so because I have no idea what time it is in CA. lol goes to check cell phone

Avatar Image says:

does anybody know when the people from the film actually arrive? because I looked and it listed crew arrivals as being at 2:00, but it didn’t say if that meant the film crew like David Yates and Michael Goldenberg, or other random people. help?

Avatar Image says:

Would this be the same kind of coverage you promised of the UK premiere five days ago that we haven’t seen yet?

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe its just so NEAR. I mean I do love the movie but the book coming out so close too is making me….well I can’t find the words. Anyway its great they can put their wands into the cement as well, very neat. Man time sure does fly doesn’t it?

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe its all so NEAR. I mean I do love the movie but the BOOK coming out so close to the movie release is making me and I’m sure millions if not billions of fans estatic. Its great they can put their wands into the cement as well, very cool.

Avatar Image says:

jstar- It says that the red carpet arrivals are set for 3.30 pm… that’ll be when the stars arrive. The screening is supposed to start at 5pm.

johnnybegood- Really? How much do you pay to use this site? I don’t think they deserve your sarcasm… just your gratitude… they work hard for free.

Avatar Image says:

NOT AT THE PREMIER?? NEITHER AM I :( WELL NEXT BEST THING-LIVE WEBCAM!!! http://www.manntheatres.com/webcam/index.php

Anyone know when someone in the UK might expect this to begin?! I have not a clue what time to watch at!!

Avatar Image says:

Any live streams like with the UK premier? Manns theatre is grand but no sound

Avatar Image says:

Ryan- The UK is 8 hours ahead of LA so I’d say 11.30pm your time.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the link Ryan.

No bother [b]Aimee[/b]

And thank you [b]margoooo[/b] looks like it will be a late night for me-and plenty more uk people watching all the action!! Only problem is, is that that webcam has no sound! Ahh well all we would hear is screaming anyway!

Avatar Image says:

I just saw it again! i got into the irish preimere and the media screening (yesterday) its amazing! as good as people are saying!

Avatar Image says:

Can I just say to the Leaky tekkies, the problems on LL are driving me crazy!

And meh I’m too tired to stay up and watch the live feed =(

Avatar Image says:

Aww man this sucks that i live in florida and its all the way in l.a!! well at least my friend is going!! (:

Avatar Image says:

I thought we were getting a Leaky Mug podcast from the UK Premiere. Did I miss something??

Avatar Image says:

Lemur – who was there? Was it just Evanna? I was tempted to travel up myself for it but had something else on. Was there a good crowd?

Avatar Image says:

If anyone finds a link with live feed including sound, can you post it here please? WB had live feed for the UK one so I’m hoping for the same this time :)

Avatar Image says:

I’m just a short drive from LA but I’m afraid I won’t be there :( Sad! Can’t wait to see the pics though!

Avatar Image says:

irish premier was attended by evannah and devon i think i heard! Shame im in fermanagh and never thought of going! total slipped my mind!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m in Cork and half thought about it alright but not enough to travel up. Wonder was Brendan Gleeson there too.

Avatar Image says:

OOPS i beg your pardon! Brendan and Devon were SUPPOSED to be there. But didnt turn up!! strange!! Some pics of A GORGEOUS EVANNAH running the show on HER OWN-are on MN- http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2132

Fair play to her! Dress was lovely. Pro already :-D

Avatar Image says:

Man I live really close. Going to be an absolute zoo though. I’m torn between wanting to go snap a few photos and not wanting to face the barrage of humanity.

Avatar Image says:

it was just evanna! shes lovely! she made her own earings..they wer so cool! 1 was a phoenix!!!!!!!as i already said on MN, evanna you’re amazing! and great in the movie..which is great!!!

Avatar Image says:

Please please please if someone finds a link thats doing live streaming post it up here :) The theatres webcam is fine but stills every 5 seconds isn’t the same :)

Avatar Image says:

I was really looking forward to a write up of the London premiere last week, but that didn’t happen. Will we get one this time, or are we only going to get Leaky Mugs?

Don’t get me wrong, I will definitely listen to the podcast, but TLC is usually very good about giving reports on important events write after they happen. So I was a little disapointed a few days ago when we didn’t hear Melissa, John, and Sue’s impressions right away. I know they are very busy with the tour and everything, but I hope we will hear a report tonight and tomorrow from them, as well as the leaky mug.

Avatar Image says:

This is frusterating. I can’t tell who anyone is with these webcams. There was someone in a white dress awhile ago. Was that anyone from the movie? I wish they had a better camera!!!

Avatar Image says:

Here’s a site where fans at the premiere are sending in their camera phone photos: http://43kix.com/wap/eventitems.php?eventId=9

Avatar Image says:

live camaras suck. it not so much a vedio as it is alot of pictures coming at you fast. so voice too. And what the hell is wrong with this comment thing and the website today. it is making me mad. Everything too slow.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks misshagrid, better pix than manns theatre cam

Avatar Image says:

THANK YOU misshagrid!!! you just made my day :)

Thanks MissHagrid.

Avatar Image says:

ha ha ha, is Billy Ray Cirus still a “celeb” ??

Avatar Image says:

You’re Welcome! Just keep going back to that page (http://43kix.com/wap/eventitems.php?eventId=9) and refreshing for more pics. I agree, they are lots better than the web cam pics. I happened to come across a link to this page on http://www.harrypotterorderofthephoenix.com/

Avatar Image says:

WOW leaky, what is up with the site, the comments page takes a about 20 min to load !!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yep Wingardium he is, lol :) He stars on the Disney Channel show “Hannah Montana” with his daughter Miley and was recently on Dancing with the Stars.

Avatar Image says:

Wire image has pictures now as well.

Avatar Image says:

To all who were lucky enuf to go today…..hope you had a ball and saw your favourites. Night.

Get well soon leaky…..

Avatar Image says:

Tee hee…Rupert was wearing the “Harry” shirt from Hot Topic. Well at least he was wearing Dan on his chest instead of the one with himself on it. Too bad he wasn’t wearing the one of Hermione. : )

Avatar Image says:

He SHOULD have worn the Hermione shirt! that would have been hilarious!!!

I hope more pics are coming. Cant wait for 11:59 on Tuesday night!

Avatar Image says:

if he had worn the hermione shirt i think i would have died laughing. the harry shirt is funny enough as it is. oh rupert, why do you make me love you so much?

Avatar Image says:

Sometimes I think Rupert tries too hard to get attention…

Avatar Image says:

I was there! It was great! There had to be at least 2000 people there (probably more). I got a Mugglenet sticker and had a nice chat with Emerson. I went more for the good time with fans than for the celebrities and the fans really didn’t disappoint. AND, I got into the stands (by drawing the stamp on my hand). It was soooo worth it, though I’m never going to another premiere again (only Harry Potter could drag me there). Can’t wait for the podcast tomorrow. I really can’t wait to see all you Leakymaniacs. What time are people planning on getting to Borders?

Peace, wemoonwitch

Avatar Image says:

Mugglenet says they will have video of some of their interviews up soon, so that should be nice. I hope leaky does the same.

Avatar Image says:

lame, dan didn’t even come out to sign. not on our half anyway.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert had on “dressier” jeans. He needs a different jacket. The shirt was a nice touch, I thought. Emma looked more relaxed in these shots than she did in London. Dan needs to losen up a bit, open the jacket or lose the tie.

Avatar Image says:

Getty now has a handful of imagees. Sorry, I dont know how to link Getty, ‘cause the url just says “search”. Anyway, I just searched the Editorial/Entertainment, pics added in the last 24 hours, subject: order of the phoenix.

Emma went with her brother. He looked cute (casual). Is he older or younger?

Avatar Image says:

lol, I love how you can watch the people clean up on the webcam. I guess it’s long over, then? Oh, well. Congrats to all of those who were lucky enough to go.

Avatar Image says:

Jennifer, all of them signed autographs, actually Daniel was the one who stayed longer. And Holly, he was like that on the Japanese premiere, and in this one is different, it’s nice to see at least one of them doesn’t always look the same. I really like the hair. Can’t wait for tomorrow Leakymug!

Avatar Image says:

Beth, I think Emma’s brother is younger.

Avatar Image says:

wow ashley tisdlae was there :D i love her!

Avatar Image says:

Michael, Dan didn’t sign anything actually. At least not for the fans who were waiting for a good 12 hours to see him (I.E. me)

Avatar Image says:

Ashley> I just read from a fan who had waited all day and did manage to get an autograph so he must have signed some. Also there are pictures of him with the fans. It’s just luck on the day.

They all get shunted around by the publicists- the blond woman in particular seems to watch Dan like a hawk, even at the after-party: at the UK one at one point it looked like he was being dragged off by the scruff of the neck!

Beth> yes Emma is the oldest of seven sibling/half-siblings. And her brother looks a bit like Tom Felton!

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: Check Out Rupe's Shirt!

Write a Reply or Comment