First Pictures and Media Reports Online from LA Premiere of OotP (Updated)

210

Jul 09, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The first reports from the Los Angeles premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix are beginning to come in. Having wrapped up a little while ago, here are some images from the event which took place at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre this afternoon.

WireImage has some of the first pictures coming in from the red carpet arrivals. Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley), Imelda Staunton (Dolores Umbridge) and Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) were in attendance along with a number of other celebrities. Getty Images has new pictures from the premiere as well. Our Order affiliate Emma-Watson.net, let us know of a few larger images which you can now see here in our Image Galleries along with a number of other pics from the premiere. More images are coming to our galleries throughout the night.

Update: USA Today now has a report online from the premiere which features short quotes from Dan Radcliffe, Imelda Staunton and Emma Watson, who said of the film:

”…Something every teenager goes through. Whether it’s with parents or teachers, they learn to trust themselves and their own instincts rather than always relying on someone else telling them what to do.”

Update #2: Robert from IESB let us know that they now have over 1000 high resolution images online from last nights Order of the Phoenix premiere. Included with their images are a number of shorts clips of the actors being interviewed on the red carpet and signing autographs for fans.

Our own video, pictures and reports from the events are coming soon! We will update continually when more information comes in.

104 Responses to First Pictures and Media Reports Online from LA Premiere of OotP (Updated)

Avatar Image says:

finally.. i’ve been waiting for this all day.. thanx

Avatar Image says:

good for them too.. I mean the sunny weather kinda makes up for the rains they had in the UK premiere

Avatar Image says:

Does Rupert have a Harry Potter T-shirt on? That would be hilarious.

Avatar Image says:

I love the fact that Rupert was wearing a “Harry” t-shirt!

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha! I love Rupert. He ought to be the one of the trio always in fashion magazines.

Avatar Image says:

I like the Getty Image of Emma and her brother. He’s gorgeous! Where’s he been hiding?

Avatar Image says:

hahahahahahah Rupert is so cute!!! I love his t-shirt it´s so funny!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

So Emma’s brother is finally stepping into the limelight. I’ve been waiting for this – he’s so gorgeous! But is it true that he’s only 14?!?

Avatar Image says:

It’s too bad none of the adult male stars showed up. I’m not too interested in yet another picture and/or interview with the kids. Glad I didn’t go.

Avatar Image says:

I love seeing the trio there, as usual, but when I clicked first link, it told me I have to be a member…. and i thought i could see all the stars “up-close” photos, like Miley Cyrus, i could not see her clearly

Avatar Image says:

LOL Rupert’s wearing DAN as HARRY on his t-shirt! That’s absolutely hilarious!

I have the distinct impression he had a laugh with Dan about this brilliant idea. He’ll definitely be remembered lol wow I can’t stop giggling to myself.

Avatar Image says:

So is the only general outfit that Rupert will wear jeans, a t-shirt, and a suit jacket? I love the fact that he has his own style, but maybe something just a little nicer for just one event?

Avatar Image says:

I normally don’t like Rupert’s dress-down look at premieres, but I must admit I LOVE the Harry t-shirt!

Would be cute if all the “kids” wore those shirts at the Deathly Hallows premiere. Gee, Rupert may be winning me over!

Avatar Image says:

Where are our celebrities, Melissa and Crew :-))) The gang looks great! Can’t wait!!

Avatar Image says:

La Preimer webcam people are leaving the theatre now from the movie

Avatar Image says:

does emma have pills on her dress??

Avatar Image says:

Oh man! Emma’s brother is a hottie! He’s super cute and I love Emma’s outfit! It’s so pretty. But man…Alex is a cutie!!

Avatar Image says:

I just finshed watching the A&E special. Wow. It was amazing. They showed alot more new images/scenes from the movie. I hope someone puts it up soon. I can’t wait for you guys to see it. Saturday can’t come soon enough.

Avatar Image says:

Wow! From the thumbnail, I thought Emma was with Tom Felton, but when I clicked on the image, WHOA! Up popped Emma’s hot brother, Alex! I like Rupert’s style, I love the fact that he never gets overdressed for classy events! He’s cool like that :D

Avatar Image says:

Ahhhh my friend went but she only got pics of rupert!! lol shes going again tomorrow for the hand/foot/wand ceremony!!!

Avatar Image says:

HA! Rupe waering a Harry shirt is too funny! I love him soooo much! :-)

Avatar Image says:

Did Towel Girl show up? ;)

Avatar Image says:

Yes! I totally remembered about the web cam on the Chinese Theater website from when I went to LA last year, and I got to see Dan arriving. Yay!

How come when I’ve been to LA, there were no cool premieres like OOTP, lol. (In ‘05 it was Coach Carter and ‘06 it was Big Momma’s House 2. :-P)

I love Rupert’s shirt, hahah.

Avatar Image says:

Hahahaha, Rupert is hilarious, nice t-shirt Rupey, lol, and I like the black jeans too :D

I wonder what Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) is doing there…

Avatar Image says:

Emmas dress= adorable! and her brother is even more so! i can’t believe he’s only 14. he looks way older.

LMAO at Rupert’s shirt! XD

Overall, a nice little group. Would have loved to see Gary and Jason there though. :(

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is looking simply delicious enough to eat! Can I please? Eat him? LOL! If that boy doesn’t stop getting cuter by the moment, they should label him as dangerous to the health, LOL!

Avatar Image says:

I love the fact that Rupert is wearing a Harry t-shirt. I love Rupert’s style, it’s his style..lol, I’m copying his style ea little. Yes, girls can pull it off too. =D

Emma looks beautiful as always and Dan is handsome. I wonder what the weather was like there because it looks hot. I wonder if Dan and Rupert were sweating. ~~ I finished watching the A&E special too, 40 mins. ago. I really enjoyed it and I loved how they went through Harry’s journey up to his 5th year and yay for Steve Vander Ark!

Only 2 more days til the movie!!!! (I am disappointed though because I didn’t get midnight release tickets but oh well.)

Avatar Image says:

“And am I the only one who things Michael Goldenberg could pass as Harry’s dad?! XD”

NO! I saw a picture of him and thought it was a fan dressing like Harry. I love it!

Avatar Image says:

Love the one of Emma reacting to the shot of Dan on the cover of Details. Too cute.

Avatar Image says:

Which picture was that phoenix52?

Avatar Image says:

Hah, I think Rupert’s shirt is hilarious. And then in the pics of him standing in front of the big OotP poster… it’s just kind of crazily meta. :D And yes, Emma’s brother is very good-looking. If you look, they totally have the same shape around their nose/eyes.

Anyway, what I want to know is in the leaky gallery pic of Emma being interviewed by Extra, what are they showing her that has her so shocked? It looks kind of like a it might be a picture of Dan…

Because she looks really, really surprised. Link: http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/picture/167642

Avatar Image says:

Yeah it looks like it is hee hee, class! Wonder what the guy said to get the reaction cause it looks like a good pic of Dan

Avatar Image says:

Now I see that someone posted while I was commenting about that pic. So Wingardium, the pic I linked to in my comment is the one phoenix25 was talking about. And I guess it’s a pic of Dan on the cover of Details… I don’t know that magazine.

Avatar Image says:

LemonFresh, it is Dan! LOL, I love her expression!

Avatar Image says:

OMG, that picture of Emma look at Dan’s photos… omg! i cannot stop laughing! brilliant…

Avatar Image says:

Cool pic http://www.harrypottertrio.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=350&pos=7

Dan obviously found something funny there hee hee….maybe it was Ruperts shirt :-D

Avatar Image says:

You can see shots of the Details cover that has Emma so shocked (Dan with a beard in black leather) in this E! News video:

I HAVE THAT SHIRT!!!!!

i’m wearing to the midnight show. i bought it at hot topic…and it looks better on rupert than on me…oh well.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god, I laughed for a good 2 minutes non-stop after seeing Emma’s expression when seeing Dan’s picture. Absolutely hilarious. And of course, Rupert’s shirt is awesome. I love how he is just having fun!!!

Avatar Image says:

Anyone else notice how Dan, Emma and Rupert were all dressed in Navy Blue colors at the London Premiere, and now for the L.A. Premiere they’ve all incorporated white into their outfits. Just a cute coincidence I’m sure. Rup’s ‘Harry’ shirt is absolutely adorable – I did a double take when I realized who was on his shirt – I’m sure he and Dan had a laugh over that. Hopefully I’ll make it to an HP Premiere one day – there’s still the last two films to look forward to and maybe I’ll be lucky enough (or have enough money) to make it out to a big one…’Deathly Hallows’ London World Premiere in 2010 – here I come! ;)

Avatar Image says:

Sorry for the double post – but I just came across the hilarious photo of Emma reacting to the photo of Dan in the leather vest from ‘Details’ magazine. Too funny! :D Wonder if she reacted similarily to those infamous ‘Equus’ promotional photos of Dan from back in February? Did Emma and Rupert ever go and see the play? I’m gunna assume that they did, to support Dan and all, but hadn’t really thought about it until now. Cuz seeing your co-worker/friend in the buff on stage has gotta be more jaw-dropping than a leather vest, I’d wager! ;) Okay, I’m rambling now…Bye!

Avatar Image says:

So Leaky didn’t get to see this movie at either premier?

hahahahahaha uhm nice ‘harry’ shirt :D

Avatar Image says:

“Harry Potter Fan – no they saw it at the press screening that took place before the premieres”

Gotchya. Yeah, I had been wondering that. What did they think of the movie? Are they gonna post their reviews like they did with the last 2 movies?

Avatar Image says:

U no Ron is getting uglier and uglier. I mean if he continues 2 act in Harry Potter well then noone will watch it any more. And Iam not a fan of Ron. And please wen someone edits this page dont put Rons picture on the website at all because it makes ppl want to vomit and get soggy poo. And sack him too.

Avatar Image says:

The premiere was pretty funny… I typically avoid them because it’s just too many people in one spot and really, I want to see the movies, not the people, but I went by this time. OH MAN. People are HIlarious. As soon as there was an exit from a vehicle… any vehicle… there was a burst of screaming. My favorite part was when a pick-up approached and everyone got really excited. It was really hot so I’m glad I watched from above (and with some Coldstone’s!).

LMAO @ Emma…I love her shocked look

Avatar Image says:

Haha I have the t-shirt that Rupert is wearing!!

Avatar Image says:

IESB has posted their premiere coverage.

Avatar Image says:

Brooklyn_Brimstone Emma definitely went to see Equus, as did Matt and Katie. But I never read about Rupert going.

I absolutely LOVE Emma’s dress. I really didn’t like the one she wore for UK but this shape suits her so much more.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Anne! Yeah, I figured that at least some of the younger HP cast members would want to see the play, not just the older ones. Thanks again for the confirmation on who was in attendance. Cheers! :)

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone see any pics of Robert? I haven’t….

Avatar Image says:

Haha, Rupert is the coolest :D He’s looking fantastic, really beautiful, too cute/hot/yummy for words :D I love his outfit, the whole thing, the dark jeans, the T_SHIRT(lol) and the jacket, and hey, do his chucks have the USA flag on them? LOL! Rupert is the man for the event :D :D

Oh, and Brooklyn_Brimstone, Rupert did mention that he tried to go, but couldn’t find any tickets!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, and can I just add that Rupert’s hair like that is just GORGEOUS!!!! Do you think he’d agree to lend it to me? LOL!

Avatar Image says:

Just seen the IESB videos and poor Dan looks like he’s got an eye infection. I hope he manages to get some sleep after all this before he starts filming My Boy Jack!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! I have that T-shirt! I think it’s hilarious that he’s wearing it.

Avatar Image says:

I just found out that the part of the 5th book that explains that Neville as well as Harry is part of the prophecy has been cut from the film. This could have easily been explained in half a minute, looks like things are repeating themselves, just like movies 3 and 4.

Avatar Image says:

The only reason for Rupert to wear that shirt is to get attention, it’s sad, I didn’t know he is an attention seeking. If Emma would have wear it, you all would be criticizing her, don’t be so hypocritical.

Avatar Image says:

Flutterby, remember Jo approves the scripts, so it is not a very important part, because she didn’t tell them to include it. She told them to include Kreacher for example. Jo already explained in her website that part it’s not very importart, that people shouldn’t look into it too much.

Avatar Image says:

OH MY GOD RUPERT IS SOSOSOSOSO CUTE!!

Avatar Image says:

Rupert’s t-shirt HA! what a legend! and Emma’s face when looking at those new Dan photos was hilarious

Avatar Image says:

I watched the A&E special last night and it was very interesting Can’t wait for the movie and the book!!!!! You know how someone “got” the ending to book 7? If you go to www.insecure.org ,you can see it. I didn’t read it, because it could be the real thing. If you want to read it go ahead.

Avatar Image says:

none of the other links work on the page!!!! >:Z

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me, or did Dan seem kinda tired or something…. he just didn’t seem as excited as everyone else. I do feel for these kids though, flying all around the world going to premieres non -stop, then on the other hand they’ve seen places I’ll probably never get to go to!

Avatar Image says:

Laura > yes he looked really tired at the UK one too. And he looks like he’s got an eye infection. But he’s been working almost solidly for a year or more and then went over to Japan, back to UK and LA in one week so he’s bound to be tired. He even managed somehow to slip Melbourne between Equus and the Premiere, goodness knows how! I’m hoping he’ll get some quality sleep between now and My Boy Jack!

Avatar Image says:

Josh: who are you even talking to? There are no comments even directed to you, as far as I can see. So go ahead and disagree and tell everyone that they’re being hypocritical, nobody cares. Personally, Rupert doesn’t fit my idea of Ron, but that’s okay. The movies are one thing and the books are another. Warner Bros could never beat my imagination on how the movies should REALLY be.

Avatar Image says:

leztnad LOL there was an ongoing argument between Josh and Riro for quite a while but the comments all got deleted. I guess this last comment slipped in just after.

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha! Rupert is wearing a Harry t-shirt… god i love that kid ;)

Avatar Image says:

The photo of Emma looking at Dan’s racy photos is the best one of the lot! =]

Dan does look tired, but he has had a stage production of Equus, all of the movie premieres and who knows what else going on. I think a little break would do him good! Though he looked very sharp, I quite liked the tie, myself.

Avatar Image says:

All the US celebrities could take a page from the Brits fashion book! Even though Rup is in dressed down mode a bit he looks appropriate age wise and clever with the T-shirt. US celebs always look slutty or that they tried too hard to be grungy or so cool they didn’t need to dress up!

Love Emmas dresses at all the showing so far and Dans tie is fun too!

Avatar Image says:

btw has this hand/foot/wand ceremony happened yet? I hope they really do get to put their wands in cement. That would be really cool.

Avatar Image says:

just looking at the webcam http://www.manntheatres.com/webcam/index.php and it looks like there are seats set up outside Grauman’s. Do you think it is for the ceremony? I’m not sure what time it is meant to be in LA.

Avatar Image says:

I think its Hilarious that Rupert is wearing a Dan shirt!

BTW, can anyone explain who Mitchell Musso is (and why does he have such bad hair)? He’s the subject of one of the videos that IESB posted…

Avatar Image says:

IESB, bringing you 1000 high resolution images!

Note that they are actually 200 copies of 5 different pictures.

“BTW, can anyone explain who Mitchell Musso is “

He’s an actor, he’s been in Monster House, and on some various TV stuff.

Avatar Image says:

LOL at Rupert wearing the Harry T-shirt along with his usual casual clothes.

Dude—you rock. Don’t ever change. :)

Avatar Image says:

IM GONNA SEE HARRY POTTER TONGITH AT 6 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

naga, that’s great! I have to wait, I’ll watch it this Wednesday! :)

Here there is a new video with interviews with the cast:

Remember to delete the spaces!

Avatar Image says:

Naga how are you seeing it tonight? Ahhhhh I wish I was!!!

Avatar Image says:

YES!! Im leaving in five hours and Im already ready GUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH me and my friend thats going, we are jsut beside ourselves. We got to last two tickets AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG I have that same shirt, Rupert! You rock!

Haha lovely Pictures I must say. :D

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think it’s funny, is he trying to make fun of Dan? that’s rude. It’s the second premiere where he wears a t-shirt that says something about Daniel. Let him in peace, try to get attention without the need to wear Radcliffe’s face or his name.

Avatar Image says:

Haha, Rupert is sooo funny! He’s a really cool guy :-)

@ Damon: Chill off, it’s actually a compliment to Dan, how could you be so blind and negative?! :rolls eyes: Some fanatics are unbearable with the strange ways their minds could twist things around!

And when did Rupert wear another thing that had Dan’s pic on it?! :confused:

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Matt- and for the record I’m a fan of Dan. I just don’t see how it has been interpreted as rude at all. It’s the sort of thing my male friends do all the time, and Dan and Rupert really do seem to get on really well.

Matt- the UK premiere had a t-shirt that referred to, not just Dan actually, but Dean as well.

Avatar Image says:

Why do you think it is funny? And it was at the London press conference, it was not a pic, it was t-shirt with Dan’s name in a line. It’s strange, is he obsessed with Daniel? We don’t know if it a compliment, I hope it is that, because otherwise it would be really nasty. And don’t insult me, you are the one acting like a fanatic, jumping when someone says something you don’t like. I’m only a fanatic of Emma, and I have not say anything about her.

Avatar Image says:

anne, Dean is a character, not a real person. ;) And was it the premiere or the press conference? well, doesn’t matter. :)

Avatar Image says:

Damon yeah I know :) Which makes me think it was all just an HP reference rather than a nasty or rude joke against a single person. I thought it was the premiere but maybe it was the press conference.

Avatar Image says:

It was a line, a quote, but it said Dan instead of the orininal thing. Anyways, I want to think it’s what to say. Although I can’t help thinking people would not say the same if it would have been other actor doing it. I can understand it once but twice? :/ Luckily, Dan has a great sense of humor. :)

Avatar Image says:

I mean: “to think it’s what you say”, sorry for the typo. ;)

Avatar Image says:

It was the press conference. ‘God save the Dean but don’t mind the Dan’- exactly the same image as on the Sex Pistols ‘God Save the Queen’ record cover. http://www.danradcliffe.co.uk/ootp_london_pressconf_062207_3.jpg

Dan prints up his own t-shirts too and as he’s a Sex Pistols fan I’d imagine he’d think it cool.

Avatar Image says:

Yeesh. There actually are twin brothers Dean and Dan Caten who design under their label DSquared. I’m presuming the ‘God Save the Dean but don’t forget the Dan’ t-shirt is one of theirs – nothing to do with Dan Radcliffe or Harry Potter. Rupert probably got teased for wearing a tee with ‘Dan’ on it, and then extended the joke by wearing one that was unmistakably Dan as Harry Potter.

Some of you take things way too seriously.

Avatar Image says:

Thank you danilo. I was just going to point that out. Dan & Dean are Tees designers, and they’re the ones who invented this line about themselves, not anyone else. There was actually a link to their site and to the shirt with that line, but I don’t remember it right now, though if anyone wants it, you can tell me, I’ll try to find it.

And it’s funny, cause it’s like dressing up to the event, he plays a character in HP, he’s in HP premiere, so he wore the HP T-shirt, lol. Only Rupes would come up with such migically fnny ideas. lol.

Paranoia .. Paranoia .. !!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, and I also agree that it’s actually a compliment to Dan, if one of my mates showed up to a party wearing a shirt with me on it, I’d certainly be flattered, wouldn’t you honestly be?

Avatar Image says:

Rupert, your a riot! LOL! I want to know who that is with Emma, the David Beckham wanna-be.

Avatar Image says:

the picture where emma is shocked about dans detail magazin spread was on extra today. i couldnt belive what she said she called him hot and sexy! wow!....i think it airs again at 4am (new york time)

Avatar Image says:

thanks for pointing that out Danilo and Cinderella! :D I’m not hot on designer names so I assumed it was home-made, something like me and my friends once did.

kerri> the David Beckham wannabe is Emma’s younger brother I believe.

Avatar Image says:

oh, and I agree, if there was some joking about the Dan reference on the first T-shirt then the second HP one is an even funnier in-joke :D

Avatar Image says:

Just watched Mugglenets video of the premier. Its very cool. David Heyman ends up interviewing Emmerson about the site and his love of the books hee hee. Very cool :-D

Avatar Image says:

who was david heyman talking about on that last question on the iesb interview, somethin bout twins??

Avatar Image says:

Is this the comment he made about casting two 11 year olds as twins for HBP, characters not taken from the book? I’m wondering whether it’s something to do with Voldemort’s orphanage.

Avatar Image says:

lol. wait till you hear ben schoen’s story of meeting emma at the premiere after-party.

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: Cute shirt...

Write a Reply or Comment