PotterCast 113: Rupert Grint Interview

364

Aug 13, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Episode 113 of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast is now online! To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

Rupert Grint Interview

- Spoiler Alert! READ DEATHLY HALLOWS BEFORE LISTENING!
- We’re back to our regularly schedule PotterCasts after a couple of months on the road – whew!
- Thanks to RupertGrint.Net, we’ve got an interview with Rupert who plays Ron Weasley in the movies.
- More movie-love as we discuss the new movie and how book 7 has changed some of our perceptions.

RT: 1:05:35

Editor: Matt Kelliher

Scribbulus
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (28 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

30 Responses to PotterCast 113: Rupert Grint Interview

Avatar Image says:

Amazing as always!! Thanks Melissa, John, and Sue!!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Thank you guys, you help me survive these difficult times :)

Avatar Image says:

What was said about the movies, that they are like a “sampling” of scenes from the books, is exactly it. I know there will be many more versions, but those will be a decade+ from now.

Avatar Image says:

Something tells me JKR didn’t have Indiana Jones in mind to be Luna’s “Naturalist” husband – probably something more along the lines of Steve Irwin… (Maybe, in her way, a tribute?) Crikey!

Avatar Image says:

I’m wondering how they are going to put all the characters of DH in the movie, when they are going to make a movie adaptation of it in a few years… I would like to know the director of DH, though job for him/her!

Avatar Image says:

I loved the order of the phoenix, but i was unimpressed by the amount of detail that was put in. Because the next two films will be the last two i think they should make each one as 2 parts. like the matrix reloaded and Revolution.

Avatar Image says:

Excellent! I am dowloading it in this moment. I love Pottercast! It makes my day much, much more fun :O)

Question, why do I have 2 Pottercasts #113?

Are you sure you can’t have a new Pottercast every day of the week? Every working day?... every other day? Pleeeeeeeeease!!!

Avatar Image says:

Loved the show. Is Luna going to turn into Jane Goodall(gorilla lady)? I like the Steve Irwin idea.

Can’t wait to here what you think of the new game. Mention what age levels you think would like it.

John Dawlish is not an idiot. He is all book smart and no common sense.

What is the password thing at the end supposed to mean? You haven’t said if PotterWatch is a nod to PotterCast?

Avatar Image says:

There were a couple of things that SHOULD have been in the OOTP film. Lilly in the pencieve scene and more about Kreacher , but on the whole the film was very good .VERY well acted . It also got more people to wanting to read the books and some to remember how much they love the series when they had forgotten because of daily life and commmitments there of. I am glad David Yates will be back disspite the two big errors.

I hope TLC will play more set interviews from the cast, PLEASE!

Bravo! And THANK YOU to Jo for writing such a wonderful series!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you for the great Rupert interview. John, your questions were interesting and insightful. You could tell Rupert was relaxed talking with you guys.

Avatar Image says:

“Keep twiddling those dials: The next password will be ‘Hedwig.’ Keep each other safe. Keep faith. Good night. “

I loved that!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!! I love Rupert Grint´s voice, he has such a sexy voice :)

Great interview, I loved it!!!!! Thanks for the interview!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Great Rupert interview, you guys did an awesome job with him. You could tell he was more relaxed than usual and opened up a bit more. But just a bit, lol, he doesn’t like to reveal things about himself.

He sounds so friendly and sweet though. A lovely guy. and I love his voice *sigh. So thanks Leaky!

Avatar Image says:

I really hope Cuaron doesn’t go near Deathly Hallows. He had an extremely difficult time getting Prisoner of Azkaban’s relatively simple plot communicated to an audience; Deathly Hallows would be a mess under his direction.

Avatar Image says:

I loved the chat about the film, its great! but you really need to have read the book to understand why things happened. As was said by one of the fans ” would it not have been better to have the film in 2 “sections” ? that may have been unpopular with “movie theaters” but it would have been possible to inclde more of the story. the presence of certain charactrsperhaps some more “voice-over” to fill in the gaps. The Film was fantastic and all the actors superp.(maybe I am greedy and want more) B ut I know that if you hadnt read the book you would find it very hard to follow “some kind of story”. The CGI was fantastic. thanks for letting me “Rant on ” Flittwick

Avatar Image says:

What was wrong with the voice over? I thought the voice over and Daily Prophet things were a brilliant way to communicate certain things to the audience. The Daily Prophet idea was genius.

This movie was (from experience of seeing all the movies WITH people who haven’t read the book) extremely easy to follow compared to the last 2. I disagree that it felt rushed, I really didn’t think it did.

A 2-film thing would be a horrible idea. If this movie ended with Mr. Weasley’s attack, and we then had to wait 6 months for the rest of the movie…that would suck, WHY would anyone want that?

Avatar Image says:

Haven’t listened yet, but I plan to after work tonight. I’m just confused about the numbers. It seems the last two episodes of PotterCast were both numbered as “PotterCast 113”. Shouldn’t this one be 114? Not a big deal really, but I did do a double take when iTunes loaded the latest episode.

Avatar Image says:

I love Rupert! sexiest voice in the HP films!!

thanks for the interview

Avatar Image says:

“My comment about the film being in “2 sections” mmeant – two and a half hours with a “break” then be able to return to your seat and wat the second part ! yes the voice over was good an excellent way of portraying “matters” my comment was to hopefully have used that method to “fill in the gaps” (between book and film). It is my opinion thats all ! I do believe that I am entitled to that !”

Haha…okay.

Anyway, I was thinking more about this, and the lack of Lilly in Snape’s memory is not nearly as big a deal as they’re making it out to be. I had assumed that they were simply going to show the full memory to us in Deathly Hallows when Harry enters the Pensieve at the end.

Avatar Image says:

I have to defend Michael Gambon’s portrayal of Dumbledore. I think he brings nuance, life, and shading to the role, that foreshadows the fact that Dumbledore, for all his powers is ultimately human. He’s not a some Santa Clause or great grandfather in the sky. If he had one misstep (and I don’t think it was one) it’s the oft mentioned scene from “Goblet of Fire” when he rushes in and seems to accost Harry to ascertain how his name was placed in the fire. But I believe this was done as short-hand for the audience members who didn’t remember or weren’t familiar with that book. They had to convey just how dramatic that was, and since they don’t give many substantial lines, or scenes to other characters that was the director’s choice to show how extraordinary, dangerous, and upsetting it was that Harry was suddenly thrust into the tournament. Michael Gambon is fine. If I ever had any problems with the movies, it’s never been the adult actors, it been the early ham fisted uninspired direction (yeah, I’m looking at you Chris Columbus) and the sometimes odd screenwriting choices – though I think Kloves has done a pretty good job considering the massive undertaking. And you guys are right, if the Dobby scene is cut out of the final film, that will be awful – a crime against good storytelling I say.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the Pottercast! You guys are awesome!

Avatar Image says:

Great podcast and good job on the Rupert interview. He definitely seemed to have opened up a bit more than usual- as some people have mentioned.

Avatar Image says:

“And you guys are right, if the Dobby scene is cut out of the final film, that will be awful – a crime against good storytelling I say.”

So you think it’s good storytelling to suddenly re-introduce a character who the audience hasn’t seen for 8 years, then suddenly kill him off and have Harry being extremely emotional and crying at his grave?

Avatar Image says:

Yes, the Dobby scene needs to be there. Harry displays the developing ability to choose when he lets voldy interfere with his thoughts, in that scene…also. it displays that Harry grieves, that so many step in front of him, and pay the ultimate price…..By the way….Rupert is awesome. and will truly shine in the DH movie…Oh, and HBP, as well…

Avatar Image says:

“By the way….Rupert is awesome. and will truly shine in the DH movie…Oh, and HBP, as well…”

Kloves is coming back, so it’s doubtful.

Avatar Image says:

I am ashamed to say this is the first full PotterCast I’ve listened to, and it’s awesome! You guys rock! I too, was wondering and hope the movie people do not get new actor for the epilogue, but the idea of the bonus scene after the credits – brilliant!

John don’t take offense at the Dawlish thing, I’d pay big bucks to get a character named after me, even an idiot.

Note: You guys should like sell the Casts on CD. I know they’re availible on itunes, but I don’t use itunes and would love to listen more freely, not to mention catch up on older ones. They wouldn’t have to be to expensive and if you did them in MP3 you could fit a lot on one disc. Just a suggestion;)

Avatar Image says:

late to this as didn’t listen to Pottercast until tonight. YOu asked who has to take the responsibility for dropping the ball about Lily not been in Snape’s Worst Memory in the movie, I have to say, sadly, I think Jo has to take responsibility for this. If it was so important to show Lily in that scene, which we see in DH, she should have insisted they show her in the final cut of the film, as she has with other things, including Kreacher.

In some ways I have some sympathy for the filmmakers as Jo would tell them some things and not others, and after reading DH, I feel like in some ways she has let the filmmakers down by not giving them enough information to make informed choices about what to put in OOTP ready for DH.

Avatar Image says:

i just listened to it and it was great that leaky you did a great interview

Avatar Image says:

dude my names andrea vera too and i LOVE harry potter

Write a Reply or Comment