Night Scenes for “Half-Blood Prince” to be Filmed in October

115

Aug 23, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

With principal photography set to begin early next month on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film, there is word today about some scenes that will be filmed in October at the cloisters of Lacock Abbey in Wiltshire, England. The Wiltshire Times reports that villagers have given approval for crews from the sixth Harry Potter film to “to return to Lacock with many of the main characters to capture a series of spooky night scenes for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.”

Due to take place sometime in October, HBP crews will film for four days ,and film scenes between 5pm and 5am. The paper reports that “High Street and Church Street will be closed and the bus stop outside the George Inn looks set to be relocated for the duration.” Readers will remember that the Cloisters of this Abbey were used in “Chamber of Secrets,” famously for the Dobby is Free scene (and where Dobby said ‘You shall not harm Harry Potter !’ and sent Jason Isaacs’ Lucius Malfoy flying backwards)

Actor Dan Radcliffe is reported to be among those who will be filming these sequences in October. We do not know the exact days of this filming for HBP, and will update with more when we can.

39 Responses to Night Scenes for “Half-Blood Prince” to be Filmed in October

Avatar Image says:

Does this sound like the sequences in Budleigh Babberton when they go to find Slughorn? I can’t think off hand other nighttime scenes that aren’t at Privet Dr., Hogwarts or the Cave.

VERY COOL!

Avatar Image says:

I would think that if the location had been used before in Chamber of Secrets it will be used again to represent an area of the school. May have some significance with the end of Book 6.

Avatar Image says:

I think this is the sceane when they bury Aragog.

Avatar Image says:

Yes, very nice, but who have been cast as Slughorn, Scrigmeour, and Lavender Brown?

Avatar Image says:

They are talking about te scene from the second movie, outside dumbledore’s office (ye know, with the big golden phoenix that goes to his office)I was hoping to see it again. It makes sense, Harry is going to spend a lot of time with dumbledore in the next film.

Avatar Image says:

This is definietely at hogwarts (evident when you actually look at the wiki article about the location). My guess is the lightening struck tower scene or the subesquent battle.

Avatar Image says:

Night scenes? I think that they maybe are going to film the scene with Bellatrix and Narcissa at Spinner’s End, before the Unbreakable Vow.

Avatar Image says:

I see that it can’t be the Spinner’s End scene… Filming in the Cloisters? This indeed can only mean Hogwarts… :D

Avatar Image says:

you people don’t read the other comments and you really didn’t pay enough attention to the article, because it clearly states wich scenes they shot at that cloisters. The scenes just outside dumbledores office, where dobby sends lucius off flying. So stop talking about arragog and spinners end, because the article isn’t talking about an outside location. The only reasons the roads are closed, is because they need silence and they ofcoarse they don’t want the headlights of cars in the film either.

Avatar Image says:

definitely the battle after dd’s fall

Avatar Image says:

Great filming place. I could recall the scene exactly, so that’s a good thing, huh? Gah, the sets in these movies are to die for.

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone find it interesting that they are filming in Wiltshire, isn’t that where Malfoy Mansion is?

I dunno, it just made me smile. :)

I am very excited for HBP!

Avatar Image says:

actually the courtyard scenes from OotP (the weasleys’ escape and trelawny) were shot at that location last time (with computer enhancement). So it might be outside, after all.

Avatar Image says:

i think it’ll be some scenes in hogwarts… then maybe some outside nnight scenes too… like aragog’s burial…

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

I’m just excited that the Harry Potter world is coming alive again … I have missed all the exciting news regarding new movies/books and fan speculation on every snippet of news since the release of Deathly Hallows – it all went quiet there for a while! I suppose we have all been reading, and re-reading, and re-reading …

Avatar Image says:

You go redbeard! That’s one of my pet peeves too.

So lets see, spooky night scene, inside Hogwarts…my guess is the battle.

Avatar Image says:

I just re-read the half blood prince and i am stoked that they are allready beginning to film! I hope that the movie does this book justice! Also i wonder who they will cast as Narcissa Malfroy!!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to see “The Half-Blood Prince!!

Avatar Image says:

I am happy to say that this is the first official Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Movie NEWS!

Avatar Image says:

I seriously doubt that this is going to be the battle, because that’s going to take a lot longer that four nights to film. It takes a looong time to film fight scenes, and even longer when you involve special effects.

Avatar Image says:

if it is the same hallway as with dd’s office in CoC…it could be just Harry going to his lessons at night, maybe his mad dash to get to DD for their “final mission”. And he sees trelawny perhaps.

Avatar Image says:

That is so exciting. When I went to England two years ago I specifically made sure to go to Lacock because the BBC Pride and Prejudice was filmed there, and, of course, Harry Potter.

I wish I was going back there again.

The George Inn has an amazing breakfast. I don’t doubt at all that the crew and cast will be eating there.

want to be in England so bad…

Avatar Image says:

I have high hopes for HBP. OotP was great, but I have a feeling HBP can be even greater! :) I can’t wait for PICTURES…. ugh but that’s monthes from now. sigh

Avatar Image says:

Ah, awesome. I can’t believe that I’m already so excited for HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm, wonder if it could be used as part of the battle after Dumbelores attacked. I am cluless…hmmm.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with djm19. I think it’s the scenes outside DD’s office when he bumps into Trelawney.

Avatar Image says:

If this is true, will Helena Bonham – Carter be able to take part because she is suposed to be having a baby in December? Surely these scenes will be the unbreakable oath between Snape and Narcissa will be filmed in this village. What do you reckon?

Avatar Image says:

Surely Spinners End scenes will be shot in a Northern mill town (or on set to look like one), like it is meant to be, not some quaint village?

Lacock must be some school shots. I reckon not the battle itself. As Kevin says, four nights is not long.

I agree with marypao and djm19 about the Trelawny scene. Also, is there a tower at Lacock – could they do the death of DD scene, or when the students are crowded round his body? Maybe a scene with students out of bed when Harry is giving chase?

Avatar Image says:

great great great! That place is perfect! Might I question whether it’s for the scenes at the place where Voldy lived before Hogwarts (can’t remember the correct term… lol)? It’s seems like it might be…

Avatar Image says:

If this is indeed the “you shall not harm Harry Potter” place, then this is the corridor next tot he Transfiguration courtyard (aka the place where Harry tells Cedric about the dragons). So the “dobby is free” corridor is the one used in the movies when : dobby is free (of course), and when Harry, Ron and Hermione discuss the Chamber of Secrets after McGonagall explains it to them, and many other times that I can’t really remember. SO this means that these scenes will be either about Harry going to his lessons, or him chasing Snape through the castle, or any other scene involving the interior of Hogwarts. It could even be a scene added just for the movie.

Avatar Image says:

oh hell yah im moving there lol

Avatar Image says:

This looks like a really neat place to visit.

I think it could be a lot of scenes, bumping into Trelawney in the corridor is definitely likely, as is the part of the final battle that takes place in the corridor—remember, since it’s a movie, they might not portray it all from Harry’s perspective. They might show what happens at Hogwarts while Harry and Dumbledore aren’t there. In the book we get the other students telling Harry what happened. Also, there’s the scene going into the room of requirement, which will look totally differently in this movie than in the last one, high ceilings, arched windows, a vast cavernous room filled with old medieval junk. And the visit Voldemort made to Hogwarts to ask for the DADA job, that’s a Hogwarts, too. And there are lots of scenes that take place during the day that they could make happen at night just for extra scary-ness, scenes when they see the little girl with the scales who’s really Crabbe or Goyle, stuff like that.

I agree, it’s fun to read about this and start to look forward to something new in the Harry Potter world, even if it’s a movie where we all already know what happens.

Avatar Image says:

tell you what I think could be filmed in Lacock Village, looking at pictures of the village on google – the visit to Slughorn. It’s that kind of village I imagine when I read that scene in the book.

also did you know that Wookey Hole Caves are around there, which someone once suggested as a possible Cave scene location- it’s got an underground lake the pictures even have a boat on the lake!

look for Lacock Village on google images…

Avatar Image says:

oh damn… no, the caves came up as part of a HP location tour that included Lacock just because they look the part. The caves are in Somerset. I got quite excited then…

Avatar Image says:

Lacock Abbey does have a tower too.

Avatar Image says:

WOW!!! Sounds kl!! Can’t wait to see Half-blood prince!! Arghhhhhhhhhh, but it only comes out on the 21st november 2008!!!!!!! :(

Avatar Image says:

Cool! Can’t wait to hear more about the HBP film. I’m sure it will be brilliant.

Avatar Image says:

If anyone from WB reads this, PLEASE go back to the 2 to 3 hour movie format. We fans love details!!!

Write a Reply or Comment