Phelps Twins Among Newest Nominees for Birmingham Walk of Stars Honor

119

Aug 24, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

James and Oliver Phelps, who play Weasley twins Fred and George in the Harry Potter films, are among the latest nominees for a place on their home town’s Birmingham Walk of Stars. Their local paper, The Sutton Observer, reports the actors have been chosen to possibly “follow in the footsteps of other Brummie stars and take their place on the Broad Street strip.” Nominees for this honor must have given a ‘significant contribution in the categories of music, television, film, radio, theatre, sport, business and literacy’ and ‘be originally from the area or have prominent links with Birmingham and the Midlands.’

The Phelps twins now join previously announced nominees, such as fellow Harry Potter actress Julie Walters (Mrs. Weasley), in online voting where fans can pick the next inductee on the Walk of Stars. To cast your vote, go here and score your chosen nominees on a scale from 1 to 10. Congratulations to James, Oliver and Julie!

Many thanks to our own staffer Andy, as well as Angelique for mailing in.

21 Responses to Phelps Twins Among Newest Nominees for Birmingham Walk of Stars Honor

Avatar Image says:

Great that Birmingham honors them! The Phelps Twins are great HP actors! Deadly funny! :D

Go twiinnnsss :D

Those two are awesome.

Avatar Image says:

Yay!!!Phelps twins!!! Their great actors.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s great the twins are being honored. Would like to see more of them in US promotional tours.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats to all! I have to say that it will be a sad day if the Phelps twins win over Julie Walters. She is a legend in her field and as much as I love the Phelps twins, they currently don’t hold a candle to Julie.

Avatar Image says:

YAY! I’m so happy for them! It’s not everyday we hear news about the twins. I wish they could do a statement about their future in the books. Especially the seventh.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with you, Flambas. I’m waiting for that interview with them since I finished the book.

But anyway… Go Twins! _

Avatar Image says:

I think that both James and Oliver are great…But I´m not sure wether they deserves to be so high on the list as they are..I mean comparing to some of the other names on the list: Judas Priest Black Sabbath Duran Duran Julie Walters Sir Cliff Richard Electric Light Orchestra

Those names had been in showbusiness for between 20 and 40 years, and comparing to them, James and Oliver are nothing

Avatar Image says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am sooo happy for the twins they desrve to be honoured!!! They are hilarious, in the films and in real life!!!!!!!! :) Julie walters is an amazing actress aswell!!! GO James, Oliver and julie!!! woooooooo! lol!

Avatar Image says:

Wooo! Birmingham (I live like 5 minutes away from Broad street) I voted for all the hp people and if they go there,I’m so going :P

Avatar Image says:

congratulations, James and Oliver! you got my vote. =) i’m glad for the recognition. i think these two are the most natural actors amongst the kids in the HP films, seriously. their timing and chemistry are so delightful. =)

Avatar Image says:

congrats oliver, james and julie

Avatar Image says:

hehe i’m from sutton, it’s about time someone from this town got some recognition!

Avatar Image says:

I’m afraid I agree with Sonja on this. Great as the Phelps Twins are, they haven’t done enough yet to compare with some of the others listed. I voted for Robert Plant!

Nooooo vote more people!!! A LOT of people have voted for Duran Duran O.o;

Avatar Image says:

Yay good luck Phelps twins!

Avatar Image says:

The are competing against DuranDuran and UB40. The twins and Molly are right up there.

Avatar Image says:

oh my gosh. these two are so good looking (: and lovely. plus they are real good actors. ii hope they are like fred and george off screen because ii love them to pieces

Avatar Image says:

proper love them to bits and its so sad how fred dies because he was my fave. how is george going to take it ii mean he has a hole in his head, his twin has died and he has to run the shop all by himself now ): everyday he works there he will be reminded of what he has lost.

Avatar Image says:

Good luck to Oliver and James. I love those Phelps twins=) And good luck to Julie!

Avatar Image says:

SO happy for those two – completely adorable and hilarious. Actually, I read somewhere that Ron runs the joke shop with George. I also read that George has a son who he names “Fred” and that he never got over Fred’s death. Terribly sorry, but I’m not sure where I read all that, but I honestly did. Good luck to all!

Write a Reply or Comment