“Order of the Phoenix” DVD Due for Release November 12?

237

Aug 25, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Last year we first told you that there were reports of a possible release of the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD during the lead up to the Christmas holidays, 2007. Then again this past June, there were further mentions that this release of the fifth Harry Potter film on DVD would take place sometime this fall, along with the release of the other Harry Potter films in a High Definition format. Today, Amazon U.K. has now placed the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD (2-disc edition) as available for pre-order, with a November 12, 2007 release date. So far, this pre-order for the OotP DVD is only available in the UK and we have no other information if this release date will hold true for the United States and elsewhere. While there have been mulitiple rumors of this date swirling on the internet for some time, we are trying to obtain official confirmation of this Order of the Phoenix DVD release date, and will update with more when we can.

Thanks Nikki!

37 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” DVD Due for Release November 12?

Sounds good. First post?

Avatar Image says:

FYI… On US Amazon.com, you can sign up to be notified when the OOP DVD is available for pre-order. Here’s a link: http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Order-Phoenix/dp/B00005JPI0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_9/002-1420881-1908002?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1188080321&sr=8-9

Avatar Image says:

POA had a summer theatrical release and a November DVD release. This date makes sense.

What I’d REALLY like to know is what features they’ll be putting on the DVD. David Yates flat out admitted a while back that he filmed a 4 hour movie – so, are they finally going to give us an extended cut? Or are we really going to have to wait until the whole series is over before WB re-releases the films as Extended Editions? I hope not…

Le sigh, rant over.

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait, I’m gonna buy the movie.

Avatar Image says:

i hope it is november 12th!! i want the dvd to see what extra footage they include in the features. i’ve heard in interviews that helena boham carter filmed some extensive fight sequences that were cut. i want to see those and whatever else was edited out!

Avatar Image says:

think i’ll skip this one… unless theres extended scenes…

Avatar Image says:

That’s two days before my birthday!!

I hope that some time in the Potter DVDS we will be given a Dan/Rupert/Emma commentary. That would be sweeeet. I love the behind-the-scene stuff…oh, please let this be true!!

Avatar Image says:

why only the UK? why not also the North American market (which is larger)?

Avatar Image says:

Well Nov. 12 is a Monday & aren’t DVD’s released in the US usually on a Tuesday?

Avatar Image says:

Well, even if it isn’t true (And I hope it is, even if I’m from the US), I do hope the DVD comes out around that time. The sooner, the better! :D

Avatar Image says:

DVDs typically release on Mondays in the UK—in the US, Tuesdays. So it is accurate for the UK side. But I can’t wait nonetheless. I hope there is an extended edition.

Avatar Image says:

It’ll probably come out on the 13th. Can’t wait; will probably pre-order my copy through a store.

Avatar Image says:

I’m not one for preordering things (Deathly Hallows was an exception) so I’ll probably wait to get it for Christmas. I’ll definitely get it since I have the first for though. When they ALL come out I hope they make some kind of cool special set like all extended cuts and stuff! I’ve been disappointed with the lack of special features though…

And when’s the next commentary coming out, guys??? I love the ones for GOF and CoS you guys made, now we need for SS/PS and PoA!!!

Avatar Image says:

defintely one of my favorite movies of all-time.

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know if the 3-D segment will be included in the DVD in some way? It was super in IMAX. Maybe, the glasses could be included with the purchase!

Avatar Image says:

That’s my birthday! YAYYY If you were wondering what to get me…

Avatar Image says:

Yeah (as others have said), November 12th I seriously doubt is the US release date. The big release day in the US is on Tuesdays for books, movies, and dvds. I would think if that’s the UK date it’ll come out November 13th in the US. Of course, nothing official has come out, but it wouldn’t surprise me since it’s the week before Thanksgiving and gives people time to notice it for the Christmas shopping lists. :)

I for one will have troubles not buying it when it comes out and holding out for Christmas. LoL

Avatar Image says:

I’m SO excited for this DVD and interviews and deleted scenes!! EEE!

Avatar Image says:

i desire deleted scenes like an insane person.

scenes with sirius. PLEASE????

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Yeah, Im so excited!!!!!! I loved OotP!

Avatar Image says:

why can’t they release the harry potter movie for both the uk and the us at the same time to make everyone happy?

Avatar Image says:

Hannah- I heard, but I don’t know if the source is accurate, that there will be a 3D extra scene and glasses included.

Also about 30 minutes of cut scenes.

I saw it last night on Imax 3D (the projector broke down twice – once in the Hall of Prophecies.. grrr! – so those who persisted got our money back at the end). I noticed more things second viewing (and my sister, who hasn’t read the book could understand all of it and thought it the best yet).

Avatar Image says:

I was wondering when it was coming out. We knew when PoA and GoF would be out on DVD almost right after their theatrical releases. Yay for cut scenes!

Avatar Image says:

Its earlier than I thought, considering Pirates came out earlier than OotP and its only being released on dvd in November. So cool I don’t have to wait too long.

Avatar Image says:

Sounds about right. Spidey 3’s coming out October 30th, Transformers is rumored on October 16th, and POC 3’s in early December. This release date would fit nicely in with the rest of the major summer releases.

Avatar Image says:

It seems a bit too soon to release the OOTP DVD in November, especially now that it still hasn’t hit the second-run bargain theaters in most places (it’s still playing in 1,000 theaters nationwide). I think a December release would be more in tune, considering there was an article somewhere that said there would be a new wave of HP toys coming out to coincide with the DVD release in December.

Well, earlier the better I say, but it seems a bit too early in this case. And besides, Warners should wait until the theater count hits the 100s before announcing the DVD and high-def releases in either case. Because at the rate OOTP is going in the box office, it’s going to narrowly beat GOF domestically in box office earnings.

Avatar Image says:

i was soo happy when i heard this news so i looked it up and found this on a gossip website:

Disc 1: Movie

• Optional Alternate Opening Sequence – the original snowy opening sequence
  • Extended Finale – extended battle at the ministry of magic
  • 20-Minute 3D Finale – the explosive finale in 3D format on DVD (and will include a pair of 3D glasses)
  • Audio Commentary by the Director, the Producers and the Cast

Disc 2: Bonus Features

• 30 Minutes of Deleted Scenes
  • Conversations with the Cast
  • Reflections on the Fifth Film
  • Creating the Fifth Film – a featurette about the making of the film
  • Dolores Umbridge: Creating the Character – a featurette about creating the look of Professor Umbridge
  • Meet Dumbledore’s Army and the Order of the Phoenix – a featurette about the members of the DA and the Order
  • Voldemort and the Death Eaters – a featurette about creating the new look of Voldemort and the Death Eaters
  • Creating the Creatures – a featurette about the creation of the Dementors, Kreacher, Thestrals and Grawp
  • The Battle at the Ministry – a featurette about creating explosive battle at the ministy
  • Self-Guided Tour of Number Twelve Grimauld Place and Umbridge’s Office
  • Dumbledore’s Army Challenge
  • Theatrical Trailers from All 5 Films
  • Sneak Preview of the 6th Film: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • PC CD-Rom Features - Hogwarts Timeline - EA Game Demo

The release date of the DVD is November 12, 2007.

if this is true its gonna be AMAZINGGG !!!

Avatar Image says:

think they will go with the sweet csrdbord dvd boxes lik they did for 1 and 2 or go wit the traditional cases lik for 3 and 4?

Avatar Image says:

They’ll release OOTP in a Amaray keep case… Warners phased out the snapper cardboard cases in mid-2004 and it seems unlikely they’ll go back to the cardboard packaging for OOTP (unless it’ll be a 3-disc set).

Avatar Image says:

Well I say like some other people the sooner the better seeing as I live in Louisiana we just dont know yet but I suspect that we will get it on the next day being the tuesday since this is the traditional realese date for movies which will be fine for me..I dont care how much thay cost I always buy the plan theatrical version and the 2 disc special I cant wait “smiles really big “

Avatar Image says:

Where do we watch the movie untill it releases on DVD!! All the theaters near my house have stppoed showing the movie already…I got to watch it just once and then was bjusy travelling and with work…and now i’am dying to see it again, and I can’t!!!!! :(((

Avatar Image says:

If there’s a second-run, bargain theater close to you, it’s probably there already.

Avatar Image says:

I totally hope it comes out on November 12! OMFG OMG ! I cannot wait if it comes out on that date! :]

Avatar Image says:

I live in the U.S.! But DVD releases are a bit different for others. I think, not to make us wait to long who also live here, two weeks after their release. Which will most likely will be November 20th or November 27th. The 20th is a little over a week later, and the 27th is little over two weeks. I’m going with the 27th. :)

Avatar Image says:

They have been taking pre-orders at FYE in NJ since August. This leads me to believe that we may be in luck for a holiday release date which would be absolutely brilliant. If they put it in 3-D as well…beautiful:) It was amazing in IMAX 3-D.

Avatar Image says:

USA Region 1 Version is to be released December 11, 2007. 2 Disc Special Edition, or Standard Widescreen

Avatar ImagePereeia says: yeah order of the phoenix is my 2nd fav movie!

Write a Reply or Comment