PotterCast 114: Wandlore

364

Aug 25, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Episode 114 of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast is now online for your listening pleasure! To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (—>), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Wandlore”

- Spoiler Alert! READ DEATHLY HALLOWS BEFORE LISTENING!
- All you ever needed to know about wands. Well, maybe not.
- We debut Phoenix Files, our segment about the Order of the Phoenix film.
- A few questions we still have, about EVERYTHING.

RT: 1:11:07

Editor: Stede Bonnett

Scribbulus
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (32 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

42 Responses to PotterCast 114: Wandlore

Avatar Image says:

LOL JOHN. “Is she going to wear a tutu?”

Avatar Image says:

YESSSSSSSSSSS! I haven’t even listened yet but I know it will be great!

Ohh!!! I asked one of my friends about the MAJOR QUESTION

Q: What is the Core of the Elder Wand?

Their answer is:

The Core of the Elder wand is Death. Reason for this is that in the story, death fashioned a wand out of the branch of a tree. From this, you may assume that either Death is the Core or there is no core at all.

The Steaks

Avatar Image says:

Its not downloading… Is anyone else having problems? None of the links work, and theres an error in iTunes when I try to download.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah…it’s definitely not downloading for me on iTunes or direct download.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, it’s not downloading for me either. Both iTunes and the direct download are giving me errors.

Avatar Image says:

I’m having problems with all three ways of listening.

PLEASE HELP!

Wand Lore? Interesting subject… :D

Avatar Image says:

It wouldn’t download, so I just listened to it on the side of the site =D AMAZING SHOW!!! I’m so happy y’all are back from tour! It’s nice to not have a screaming crowd in the backgroud (or sirens, haha)

downloads not working!

Avatar Image says:

AHEM. The download from both the direct download and the iTunes download fails to work, which could indicate a possible server failure or server down for maintanence. Hope they fix it soon!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah It wont download for me either…glad Im not the only one. I was starting to worry about my computer, because ive been getting all the previous episodes just fine! Hope it starts working soon….Ive been trying to figure out the wandlore stuff since DH came out…...

Ridikkulus_12

Avatar Image says:

YES!!! Finally potter cast 114!!! Haven’t listerned to it yet, so i preparing to be a amazed!!! lol! :)

Avatar Image says:

lol!! just realised i wrote “i” instead of “i am preparing to be amazed!!! hope the shows good, cause i’ve been waiting ages for pottercast114!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been trying to download #114 since Thursday, and no luck so far. Both the iTunes and direct download feeds are broken for me. :(

Avatar Image says:

Hi! I’m from Greece and I’ve already read the seventh book! It was fantastic!!!

Avatar Image says:

Are you sure it’s right?

Avatar Image says:

ok, I found it… It’s great!

Avatar Image says:

Yay, download’s finally on its way! Thanks to whoever fixed the problem!

Avatar Image says:

Download still not working for me either.

iTunes keeps giving the message “the network connection could not be made”.

PLEASE HELP!

Avatar Image says:

Did I just miss the transfer (defeat) that gave the wand to Grindelwald from Grigorivitch before Dd recieved the wand? Wasn’t that just theft and not a defeat? Can someone tell me how that is a good transfer when the other tranfers had to be so specific?

Avatar Image says:

I have been unable to get the download to work as well!! It seems that some people can and some people can’t! What gives?

Avatar Image says:

Hey Melissa, you kind of slurred when you said Marta’s site. I have been looking for her site ever since Art Dungeon has been down and now I can finally find her art again! Sp can someone please tell me the beginning of the URL? It’s something .livejournal.com?

Avatar Image says:

a lore is exactly that- a myth. therefore, people really didn’t have to kill/defeat each other for the wand-- it was just a myth that perpetuated and people believed it and DID kill people

Avatar Image says:

today is angelica mandy’s birthday (she plays gabrielle delacour) Happy birthday angelica!

Avatar Image says:

I am so happy that we have new post-DH PotterCasts! Katie Bilius- Marta’s site is seviet.livejournal.com

Avatar Image says:

i tunes not working for me either, also wont direct download HELP!

Avatar Image says:

Nothing’s working for me either, and curiously not only for 114, but now all the previous ones as well.

Avatar Image says:

“Stink chop me it I from” LOL! What was the real sentece anyway?

Avatar Image says:

For all those who can’t download them on iTunes, try reporting a concern (clicking on the link below). It wouldn’t let me download any episode (it would start and after 3 seconds just stop), so I thought I’d give a try and a while later it was working perfectly. I don’t know if that’s what actually fixed it, but it’s worth a shot.

Avatar Image says:

It appears that the Podtrac.com server used to hold PotterCast for direct download and distribution to iTunes has gone down again. :-( The PotterCast admins may want to move their podcasts to another server and see if that helps.

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha. I think I had already listened to it before it was posted as news. Good one guys! Can’t wait for the next. There’s so much to discuss!

Avatar Image says:

Raymond, THANKS for the info!

Avatar Image says:

There is much applause. I wish I had had this before I went to the lake, but now that I’m back it’s also great. Love you guys!

Avatar Image says:

Mods please don’t erase my post. I so need the help. Thanks.

I just got a new ipod nano. Downloaded songs and everything is working fine. My question is when the battery charge is starting to get low, how do you recharge it without the ipod automatically starting to sync songs into my ipod? Do you just take of all the check marks from all the songs in your music liabrary? Please help. thanks

link is not working!

Avatar Image says:

I managed to use itunes to get it my self…good show! On a slightly unrelated note, google “john Dawlish.” I got 278,00 results. On the wikipedia link, it fails to note why Dawlish has a first name! Someone edit this! Give the people the truth about John Dawlish!

Avatar Image says:

ahh pottercast covering wandlore! loved it even though i still have a million more questions about the subject. I wish jo had give us more info!!!

Avatar Image says:

I wasn’t able to get it through iTunes or direct download (I’ve been trying for the past couple of days), so I went to feedburner (from the link at the top of the pottercast page) and was able to successfully download the show! Finally!

Avatar Image says:

Great podcast… you guys ought to have a podcast interviewing people who obtained the book early and how they managed to keep the secrets of the book to themselves until the official release date. (I did, and I have evidence to back me up.)

I mean… you guys are going to run out of canon stuff to talk about… and I never got to be on your call-back shows.

Avatar Image says:

no to help me with my ipod question? :(

Avatar Image says:

i fricken loved this potter cast. its like the first one i listened to EVER! I’m so mad that i never listened to them before! And its strange because i have been going to the Leaky Cauldron for a long time…lol. so my question is when does the next one come out?

Write a Reply or Comment