List of Deleted Scenes for “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD

250

Aug 29, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The British Board of Film Classification updated their website today with a list of some deleted scenes that are to be included on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD. Running a total of 10m 10s, the scenes listed under the title of “DELETED DRAMATIC CLIPS” are as follows:

• 00:02:31:17 “TRELAWNY EATING”
  • 00:00:13:08 “NEVILLE SPEAKS UP FOR HARRY”
  • 00:00:26:02 “STEADY CAM AROUND”
  • 00:02:46:18 “UMBRIDGE QUESTIONS TRELAWNY”
  • 00:00:17:21 “MALFOY, CRABBE AND GOYLE BULLY A STUDENT”
  • 00:00:21:06 “FILTCH BLOWS ON UMBRIDGE’S HAIR”
  • 00:01:47:14 “HARRY HERMIONE AND UMBRIDGE – EXTENDED”
  • 00:00:37:22 “HARRY ENTERS”
  • 00:01:07:23 “HARRY AND RON PACKING”
  • As reported earlier, the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD is widely rumored (although not yet officially confirmed) to be released around the November 12 time frame. On a related note, one of many purported covers of the boxes to the DVD is now online, this one from the movie informer, although we are unable to obtain any source or information about this website, so again, please keep this in the rumor category for now as well.

Thanks much mad kiwi!

140 Responses to List of Deleted Scenes for “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD

Avatar Image says:

I was really hoping to see some more of Snape’s Worst Memory, but oh well…

Avatar Image says:

Does one of these possibly contain the woefully absent Lily Potter in Snapes worst memory?

Avatar Image says:

Despite being the longest book, OOTP is the shortest HP film released to date.

WHY WERE THESE SCENES DELETED?????

Avatar Image says:

i can’t wait till the harry potter and the order of the pheonix dvd comes out!!!! the deleted scenes are the best thing about the dvd!!! seeing what could of beeen in the movie!!!

Avatar Image says:

These scenes seem pretty lame. Hopefully they are saving material for an extended edition to be released later on. Didn’t Yates say he shot over 3 hours? We know they shot the whole Snape’s Worst Memory and McGonagall getting attacked, and we get a scene with Trelawney eating that lasts 2 mins?! This is like the GOF DVD where they gave us a pointless 6 minutes of the irrelevant band playing.

Avatar Image says:

the dvd cover looks fake to much like the gof dvd

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, we’ve seen photos of McGonagall recovering in her wheelchair, what about those? This list of scenes seems pretty pointless: “Harry enters”? And also, how come no official press statements spell “Trelawney” correctly?

Avatar Image says:

I hope they have put in an alternate ending where the Weasley’s, Lupin, and Mad-Eye approach the Dursley’s I really wanted to see that in the movie.

Avatar Image says:

can we somehow watch these now? or do we have to wait til nov?

Avatar Image says:

“Harry enters”??? who wants to see that? He’s pretty much present the whole movie you know. What about Lily who wasn’t present AT ALL? puh-lease, who’ve read book seven knows that that’s kind of important ¬¬

Avatar Image says:

Man i was really hoping to see the scene they shot of draco talking to slytherins after the battle. Who cares about them bullying a student i wanted to see that and more of sirius and bella.

Avatar Image says:

They definitely need to add an extended scene of Snape’s worst memory! Please, please, please? It is SO important to the plot!!

If they’re smart they’ll have an interview with Yates explaining why they had Umbridge blow open the door to the RoR and how that will work with events in DH – but I doubt they will.

Leaky, can you please get rid of the tiny print on these news items. The first paragraph was fine but the rest was hard to read. :(

Avatar Image says:

So few, so few deleted scenes??? .. There are so many more, than these im sure,.. oh and WB, could you PLEASE RELEASE that WATERFALL scene that was deleted from Goblet of Fire and was not included among dvds deleted scenes. Got it? ...where is that scene? Yes, we want it! theres even a petition for the release of that scene and nothing,..they dont care, they just wont give us the scene… shame, shame… (for those of you who dont know, there was a scene at the end of GoF with Harry by the waterfall looking sad, then Ron and Hermione come, you can see pictures from this scene among sticker album scans)

Avatar Image says:

“So…. they’re really not going to show ANY of the fight between Bellatrix and Sirius? And yet, they have a deleted scene of Trelawney eating?

I would be so much happier if I knew that David Yates wasn’t going to be doing any more of the Harry Potter movies.”

I’m disappointed by the apparent content of these deleted scenes as well, but we all know that Yates shot an OOTP film over 3* hours in length, he said so himself. So even with these 10 minutes added, OOTP would only have been 2.5 hours. There is almost certainly another full half-hour of film they are holding back from this DVD. This isn’t the fault of Yates. My best guess is that WB are saving all the “good” additional footage for a future OOTP Extended Edition.

We *better get an extended edition at some point, we know they shot much more film, and the extra scenes being included on this release seem quite flimsy.

Avatar Image says:

no Snape’s Worst Memory? or the Sirius/Bellatrix duel? i hope this list isn’t true =’[

Where’s my Snape’s Worst Memory, man? :(

These deleted scenes don’t sound too thrilling. Come on, WB. Let’s kick it up a notch, darlings.

(Though I have to admit that I laughed at “Filch blows on Umbridge’s hair” – rofl, WHAT.

Avatar Image says:

I imagine they’re saving snape’s worst memory for deathly hallows, and not wasting it now as a dvd extra.

Avatar Image says:

Any idea when the North American release date is going to be? Its really bothering me that the WB hasn’t released a North American date, as the majority of their profits are going to come from here. Hope that these aren’t official and that the WB are hiding the real ones for the NA version.

Avatar Image says:

NOT ENOUGH. For a 3 hour movie, this is laughable. And there are only 9 scenes listed there.

Avatar Image says:

No extended cuts of the ministry scene, SWM, etc…?

Now I’m CONVINCED they’re holding all the good stuff for an eventual extended edition DVD release!!! David Yates admitted he filmed a 4 hour movie… and yet they only can come up with 10 minutes of deleted scenes… they’re holding the rest of it for something else, later on, I’m sure of it.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, the deleted scenes are woefully insubstantial.

And I highly doubt that DVD cover is going to be the official OOTP cover. For one, the style and design of the cover are lifted directly from the 2-disc edition of GOF, which looks like someone cut and pasted the information, track listing, and the posters from OOTP onto the GOF style.

If it happens to be actual, then the cover seriously lacks innovation (plus that Swedish cover does not look good at all, the girls look horribly Photoshopped). The cover would look a lot better if one of the other international posters were used instead.

Avatar Image says:

Weak ass list of scenes. Very, very disappointing.

I believe that that’s the real cover though, because I’ve seen that graphic before, and yes it looks like the GOF cover but since when is WB very innovative when it comes to that kind of stuff?

Avatar Image says:

They are probably saving some scenes to say never released before scenes when the 7 box set comes out or the tenth aniversary or something.

Did not scenes come out of the woodwork for StarWars rerelease.

Avatar Image says:

I WANT SNAPE’S WORST MEMORY.

Where is Lily Evans? Why cast someone for the part if you aren’t even going to put her in?

Well, it’s completely stupid that they didn’t have Lily there, because that’s such an intregal scene later in the books. Whatevehs. I heard they aren’t even going to have Scrimgeour in HBP. Laaaaaaaaaame.

Avatar Image says:

Who do we have to beg to get more Snape. I am getting desperate here!!!! And someone tape down Emma Watson’s eyebrows.

Avatar Image says:

Moi, if you look carefully at the cover (both front and back), the same style and posting of the text at the bottom (plus the Special Features box) is exactly the same as GOF, which makes me believe this is a good Photoshop job than the actual thing.

To add to this confusion, the WB now includes an English SDH subtitle stream (they no longer include actual close captions) along with the regular set of subtitles for the R1 DVDs. And, when they’re listing the languages and subtitles available, they have an add-on which says: (Main feature. Bonus material/trailer may not be subtitled.)

I would think the actual OOTP DVD art would have a different style similar to the movie rather than aping the style used for GOF, such as using a rusted bronze color for the border than an ugly shade of gray.

Avatar Image says:

I am really very much excited that they are going to put a 10 min extra movie in dvds . But if they are releasing they had to release a full version of 3 hours . Firstly they had to put the full movie in cinemas as we harry potter fans wait so hardly for movies and they are so short ok they have their problems but when they are releasing dvd so what is the problem in releasing 3 hour movie . I request to WB and david yates that they had to release full versions according to the demand of the harry lovers .

Avatar Image says:

SWEET! One big problem though: WERE IS SNAPE’S WORST MEMORY? We all know they shot more than we saw in the movie! Damn WB!

We want more Snape’s Worst Memory! :D

Avatar Image says:

I really feel the need to write/email into WB to complain about this. Snape’s Worst Memory was my favourite chapter in the book and they cut it down to barely a minute of footage and no deleted or extended scenes on the DVD.

And 10 minutes is hardly good enough. I am not pleased.

Avatar Image says:

boo…i dont like those deleted scenes! where is an extended version of snape’s worst memory inluding lily!!! or some actual scenes of bellatrix dueling with sirius!! plus i doubt that is the movie cover. isnt that the altered imax poster that was denounced by warner brothers?

Avatar Image says:

Stupid, silly, greedy WB. Especially after book 7 how could they skip putting in Lily in Snape’s Worst Memory?! What an insult to the character and how the series should end, I think! Not even placing it on the DVDshakes head

Ah well, they could add this in at the “Prince’s Tale” part of film!DH.

I was also hoping for a little more Ginny (chocolate in the library? “Lucky you” scene esp. which establishes why she & Harry work so well together?!), some more dueling at the DoM, some more of the DD/Harry chat about the prophecy which was sorely touched upon, something about Quidditch and Ron being involved, or maybe more of a legit breakup between Harry and Cho, but oh well. A good chunk of thirty minutes is not being given, can’t do anything about that. :)

I loved the movie- but the Snape scene WITHOUT Lily was the most disappointing part of it to me.

Avatar Image says:

I think Warners is saving all the good deleted scenes (from POA to OOTP) and commence a 2-disc Director’s Cut for each movie… like their releases of “Alexander” and “Troy”. We already got the good deleted scenes from PS/SS and COS in the first release…

No, scratch that, that’s probably what will happen after DH is released on DVD and high-def formats, wait a year then release the DCs in a spiffy box set to force fans to double-dip.

NO SIRIUS/BELLA DUEL?

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMEEEE!

I have not bought the last two films on DVD even though I love the films quite a lot, and I will not buy this one, either. I just refuse to buy any of these on DVD until they make the DVDs worthwhile. We want extended editions! We want commentaries! IT’S NOT THAT HARD.

Avatar Image says:

“Filch blows on Umbridge’s hair.” LOL! What a riot. I can’t wait to see that one.

Avatar Image says:

Hey WB, I’m onto you now. I’m taking my name off your suckers list!

Avatar Image says:

if this is even real, then they are probably holding additional footage back for deathly hallows/half-blood prince (i.e. Snapes Worst Memory). And don’t blame Yates. He shot a 3 hr. movie yet WB wants some CASH so they told him to cut it (therefore more showings, which equals more $). And I guarentee you that Yates has little say in what goes in the deleted scenes extras in the DVD.

I loved OoTP by the way.

Avatar Image says:

But to add to my post, I AM dissapointed that they decided not to show any extended fight scenes or McGonagall getting attacked. We know from picutres and Behind the scenes that they filmed more of these scenes, yet they gave us cheap-ass stuff again. Oh well.

Avatar Image says:

I want to see Harry trash DD’s office. Or is that what “00:00:37:22 ‘HARRY ENTERS’” is? Harry enters what exactly? Can this deleted scenes be any vaguer? What about McGonagall getting attacked? They shot that scene – pity it won’t be in the DVD (if this is true) and I wanted an extended Snapes memory, battle at the ministry, TY.

Avatar Image says:

Come on! I wanna see the whole Bellatrix-Sirius duel! The way they showed it in the movie was ridiculous!

Avatar Image says:

Why must everything about this whole Movie continusly disappoint me?!

“TRELAWNY EATING” “FILTCH BLOWS ON UMBRIDGE’S HAIR” “HARRY ENTERS

yeah, some real good stuff there. mhm. “DELETED DRAMATIC CLIPS” yes. very dramatic. oh, WB, what else shall i say? well, if this is true, oh well. THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE BETTER BE MUCH BETTER THAN THIS ONE. thats all i have to say :)

i love harry potter.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with everyone that Snape’s Worst Memory should have been included. They bothered to cast Young Lily in the role, where is she?

Avatar Image says:

Oh, come on guys! Who would possibly want to see silly unimportant things like Snape’s Worst Memory when you can see TRELAWNEY EATING! lol

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to see “Trelawney Eating”. Maybe we’ll get “Grass Growing at Hogwarts” too.

Avatar Image says:

I am rather disappointed that, based on the description of the scenes, some of the omitted footage will not even appear on the DVD, including Snape’s Worst Memory and the scene with McGonagall in a wheelchair. Does anyone else recall that the third DVD was missing the scene where Lupin explains the Marauders to Harry, when he returns the Map? Warner Brothers Home Entertainment must like removing scenes from the DVD’s that would most delight the fans, sadly, it seems.

Avatar Image says:

They CAN’T use that pic for the cover…primarily because, THAT IS NOT GINNY and everyone looks fake. I hat this picture..I had hoped I would never see it again. That is a bad photoshopped pic (like many others have mentioned). I would highly highly doubt they’ll use that. I’ll bet that this particular bit of news is truly a rumor.

Avatar Image says:

this is a random questions, but did leaky ever release the video of their red carpet interview from the LA premiere of OOTP? i saw the london interviews, but never the LA ones. ANyone know the answer?

Avatar Image says:

please tell me that “harry enters” is short for “harry enters snape’s worst memory and sees his mother, lily evans, as she is the most important part of this scene anyway”

Avatar Image says:

i wish there was a little….BIT…More of Snape’s Worst memory!!!

Avatar Image says:

i’m telling you all that they are saving the rest of snape’s worst memory for DH. It’ll be more dramatic that way movie-wise, too.

Avatar Image says:

I’m being optimistic and I am going to guess that the one titled HARRY ENTERS is describing the scene where Harry enters Snape’s mind to witness the full Snape’s Worst Memory.

Avatar Image says:

WHERE’S SNAPE’S WORST MEMORY????

Come on, we KNOW they deleted so much of that scene from the final cut, why not just include it in the DVD?

And “Filch Blows on Umbridge’s Hair”! lol, that should be interesting…

Avatar Image says:

I remember chamber of secrets dvd had more deleted scenes than this. They need a proper gag reel or something. Ee seem to be getting the same kinds of material every time.

Avatar Image says:

The British Board of Film Classification updated their website today with a list of SOME deleted scenes

These might not be all of them! PLEASE don’t let it be all of them!!

Avatar Image says:

Add me to the disappointed list too. “Grass Growing At Hogwarts”—ha! Sadly, not much of an exaggeration. We’ve already SEEN Trelawney eating her turkey leg, and we already saw Filch blowing in Umbridge’s hair in one of the trailers, I believe. Oh well, we don’t know what “Harry enters” is, and “Neville Speaks Up for Harry” might have potential. I really hope this is all a hoax. I would love to see Petunia’s Howler and her comment about Dementors and “that awful boy,” if it was filmed. And of course a little more Dumbledore/Harry at the end, when he explains more to Harry, e.g. why he has to go to the Dursleys every summer. Career Advice or Mcgonagall’s inspection and whatever the scene was with McGonagall in the wheelchair would be great, and I would LOVE to have seen the Order confront the Dursleys at the end. So much potential and they come up with THESE scenes??!!

Avatar Image says:

I’d like to make a comment on those of you here who mention that David Yates said he’s shot over 3 hours of footage, and yet you’re complaining there isn’t many deleted scenes.

So just because Yates’ says he shot over 3 hours of footage, does NOT mean that those 3 hours of footage are completed scenes.

- JP “In Hollywood, you’re only as good as your last film.”

Avatar Image says:

“As a filmmaker myself, I’d like to point out that Yates’ “3 hours of footage” would also contain MULTIPLE retakes of each scene shot. For instance, if the actors can’t seem to create a good performance out of a scene, or the actors laugh or giggle and mess up their lines (a.k.a. ‘Bloopers’)...those takes are reshot over and over again until they get it right.”

If Yates was talking about EVERYTHING that he shot, including retakes and various versions of every scene, the amount shot would probably be WELL over 3 hours, probably closer to 5 or more. The amount of “stuff” they have on film after the months and months of shooting probably far surpasses 3 hours. There is no way that for the entire OOTP film process they only ended up with 3 hours.

What I’m saying is, when Yates said he shot a film of over 3 hours in length, he probably meant that at one point OOTP actually WAS over 3 hours as a film. This leads me to believe we’ll be getting an extended cut at some point. We know of many scenes that weren’t included in the theatrical release OR the DVD’s additional scenes, such as more SWM, more dueling at the Ministry, scenes with Prof.M, etc etc.

Avatar Image says:

JP, Yates made a comment quite a while back where he said he “filmed a 4 hour movie” and that it would thus need to be trimmed down significantly to fit the 2 1/2 hour time slot. This was one of the first interviews about OOTP that he ever gave and he has since stopped saying that. Also, we know they filmed a significant number of scenes that were never released because we have seen stills from said scenes. So while I definitely do NOT blame David Yates for this pathetic 10 minutes of footage WB is set to put on the DVD, I am sure that there’s way more out there that we won’t be seeing for years. Sad.

Avatar Image says:

It seems like every movie they cut out a chunk of footage, and here we are hoping to see it in the deleted scenes only we get six minutes of garbage. I havent reviewed the dvds or anything but the CoS seemed to be the only one with a couple interesting scenes on it.

Avatar Image says:

crap i wanted to see bellatrix!

helena bonnam carter was amazing…

sigh…

Avatar Image says:

“So while I definitely do NOT blame David Yates for this pathetic 10 minutes of footage WB is set to put on the DVD, I am sure that there’s way more out there that we won’t be seeing for years. Sad.”

Well, at least the Extended Editions are something to look forward too! :)

Avatar Image says:

Has the studio confirmed they will be releasing extended cut DVDs?

Avatar Image says:

okay, i’m too lazy to look it up, but isn’t “filtch” really spelled “filch” in the books? or am i suffering from being up for 20 hours straight?

Avatar Image says:

I’m hoping the Blu-Ray/HDDVD versions will be some type of director’s cut or have some additional scenes that are actually included in an extended version of the movie because the bonus features on this disc look to be lacking.

Avatar Image says:

...i really wouldve appreciated a deleted SNAPE’S WORST MEMORY… but yeah… and i agree with Peanut Butter Spread! they couldve made the titles a bit more descriptive…

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

Y’know, they’re gonna have one honker of a behind the scenes book at the very end, what with allll the stuff they’ve filmed but not shown, alternate endings/scenes,etc. I can’t wait.

Regarding the matter at hand, damn, that eating scene had better be worth it.

Avatar Image says:

ooooooh!!! i can’t hardly wait! such fascinating, extraordinary footage! who can forget, “trelawny eating?” i so missed that scene in the movie, or better yet “steady cam around” brilliant, simply brilliant, or the enthralling, emotionally charged clip “harry enters” i mean really, i’d spend $50 even $75 just to get my hands on these clips, who needs to see lily potter standing up for snape, completely irrelevent, or mcgonagall getting attacked? bah. bring on the steady cam around!!

Avatar Image says:

Gosh…People, relax, some of you are behaving like little children, who are not allowed to get the biggest candy bar… NO ONE have EVER seen those 9 scenes, so stop whining untill you have something to whine about. I think they sound great..Especially the one were Neville speaks up for Harry (He did that in the book)

Avatar Image says:

I hope they add the full Snape’s Worst Memory… I would love to see Malfoy and them bullying a student Draco Malfoy was deprived of screen time.

Avatar Image says:

We WANT to see young Severus and young Lily!

Avatar Image says:

I too am hoping that “Harry Enters” means entering Snape’s worst memory. Now that Book 7 is out, and we know how imoortant that scene is, wouldn’t they want to include it in the DVD? I can’t see them releasing an extended version prior to the release of Movie #7.

Avatar Image says:

Scene containing full Snape’s worst memory will be in seventh movie Like JKR critise scenarist and he told her that they give this scene in seventh movie they know the end of book seven before us

But I too hope that this scene will be in this movie 5

Avatar Image says:

but ” harry enters ” is too short for it eh ?

Avatar Image says:

“Oh, I get it now. You film a bunch of scenes that you never intend to include in the theater release. Then you get suckers, like me, to cough up more $$ just to see those “deleted” scenes.” - KB Prez

Avatar Image says:

I was expecting more on Snape’s memories too, mainly Lily Potter appearing there as it’s on the book. Anyway I wonder why they don’t release extended versions from the movies on dvd.

Avatar Image says:

It’s just so sad, since we know they have already filmed SWM. I guess they are saving it now for the Prince’s Tale in Movie Seven. Why they think anyone wants “More Umbridge” when she already dominates the movie, is baffling. This list is just too boring for words.

HARRY ENTERS>

I really think we’ve seen that one before…

TRELAWNY (sic) EATING>

Honestly, who wants to see that?

Avatar Image says:

Where is Snape’s Worst Memory?? I wanted to see that so much in the movie and when I didn’t – I hoped it would be in the DVD. I want to see that scene! What a shame….

Avatar Image says:

No, I was hoping to see McGonagall’s attack, the Malfoy Manor, and young Lily. What’s this ‘Harry enters?’

Avatar Image says:

Well, I see that a lot of you thought the same thing I did-I really wanted them to finish Snape’s Worst Memory, and show that Harry realized what a git his dad and Sirius had been. Without including that, it won’t have the same importance in the DH movie in “The Prince’s Tale”-that’s assuming that they include it there.

But I think by shortening it, they’ve missed the opportunity to drive home the point of OP—Harry’s loses everything of importance to him, including his belief that his father and Sirius were perfect. Yes, most of the scene is shown, but there’s no follow-up that he admits to himself (and later to Sirius and Remus) that he’s struggling with this new revelation about his father, and it’s not easy for him to understand or accept. Not to mention how it makes him feel to realize that Snape was right and that he (Harry) felt much more empathy for Snape than he ever would have wanted to do.

I really do hope that’s not a complete list, but I keep remembering that I hoped we’d get some great extras from POA, and most were completely worthless.

;-(

Avatar Image says:

I think this is a bit of a let down. I really wanted to see the duel between Bellatrix and Sirius. The actual scene names seem pretty vague aswell, I mean ‘Harry Enters’. Harry is in the entire movie, we wanna see some B v S!!! Also, why Trelawney Eating? Trelawney’s cool and all, but I don’t really wanna see her eating.

Avatar Image says:

I was hoping they’d put something worth seeing or buying the DVD!!! I wanted to see Lily on Snape’s memory, or rather Bellatrix’ duel with Sirius but those scenes???? Whatever.

Avatar Image says:

I was extremely happy with the film. Pacing is so important and this film achieved it. It entertained throughout without dragging. Th cuts were neccessary for the flow. I even likes the fact Sirius and Bellatrix did not duel because it would show Sirius could not beat bellatrix. Something I had difficulty accepting in the book. Bellatrix shoots behind their back. What fighting there is was enough. I personally think the Clone wars in Star wars and the battles in Lord of the Rings go on far too long. Of course now that we have read the magnificent Book 7 (when will our Jo be made a Dame ?) we would be all concerned about the Lily element but I thank can easily be addresses in later movies. In fact, they dont even need to address it until the final film. Its a twist. The book simply gave a clue but it didnt need to. I think the most important element that the films did include is Harry potter eyes. Anyway, thats my twopence worth. 2 more films and 3 more DVDs to look forward to but “sob” no more Books.

Avatar Image says:

Surely they filmed Draco Malfoy’s death threat! I thought these weren’t that good either. Like others, I wanted to see more of Snape’s Memory. Being a fan of Draco though, I do wonder who the three are bullying though. It only lasts seventeen seconds, but has got me intrigued . . . . But, more importantly, they had better have filmed Draco’s death threat to Harry, it MADE book five.

Avatar Image says:

hey fandom! i start sophmore year in 10 minutes. wish me luck, potterheads!!

Avatar Image says:

SWM is insubstantial to be shown in OOTP due to Chekov’s rule. They will reshow the WHOLE memory in DH as it is more relevant in that movie…thats just how movies work, though it would be nice to see the whole scene in OOTP as well seeing as it had been filmed.

Avatar Image says:

The list of deleted scenes sounds very disapointing, I mean, 2:30 minutes of “Trelawney eating” and another 2:46 minutes of Trelawney being questioned by Umbridge, WTH?

How about the BluRay or HDDVD version? does anyone think that it will have anymore bonus material or will it be the same as the DVD

I would have rather seen an extenden version of the Ministry battle, Snape’s worst memory, McGonagall being injured, etc. You know, something that’s actually relevant to the story and to the fans.

NO MAURADERS SCENE? CRIES

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Amy. I think they are excluding the most important deleted scenes so as to include them in other versions of the DVD that will be released later, maybe when all of the 7 films have been released in the first (and surely cheaper) version. XO There’s no way that those 10-minute deleted scenes are all of the excluded stuff. I hate those tricks they do to make more money!! XO Do they really NEED more money?? This is Harry Potter, for God’s sake. I doubt there are more films in this industry that make more money than this!!

Avatar Image says:

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!!I wan’t to see how James and Lily fight!!I just hope that the packing scene includes Ron/Hermione becoming prefects.

Avatar Image says:

I need to see more snape’s worst memory scene!!!!!! those other scenes look kinda boring. i want to see more of bellatrix and sirius too. and harry smashing up dumbledore’s stuff.

Avatar Image says:

Darn! So they’re not gonna put the additional scene where Sirius comes back?

Avatar Image says:

Posted by Grindelwald on August 30, 2007 @ 02:05 AM “Would you prefer they not include any deleted scenes at all? Or perhaps you would prefer they include all the deleted scenes in the cinematic release, resulting in an overlong poorly edited movie?”

I’m willing to bet that WB will release an “extended” version of OOTP on DVD at some point. And of course, it will include those deleted scenes. Yes, those very same scenes that may result in an “overlong, poorly edited movie”. But then of course, this really is all about $$. Like I said, I get it now.

Avatar Image says:

Are they for real? For Godness sake.. Wow Umbridge eating, I really can’t wait!

If only it was the battle on the ministry of mistery!!!!

WE WANT MORE GINNY!!!!

Avatar Image says:

What I don’t understand, is why they actually make the 2-disc dvd’s uglier than the 1-disc version. I want to buy the 2-disc, but it’s all black and white with this very ugly grey line. just like the fourth. yuk!

Avatar Image says:

hahaha, “Filch Blows on Umbridge’s Hair”! But seriously, I’m pretty ticked that Snape’s Worst Memory isn’t one of them.

Avatar Image says:

Again, they disappoint me with the lack of deleted scenes. Only ten minutes worth? The Harry Potter DVDs have just been a let down. I’m still going to buy it of course, and enjoy what’s on there… but it’s disappointing.

Avatar Image says:

I admit I’m disappointed that there was so much cut out from the film. Oh well, I’m still very hopeful about the HBP film which is based on a shorter book. The next film might explain one or two things what wasn’t explained in OOTP.

Avatar Image says:

Again, Chekov’s Rule nullifies the importance of SWM in OOTP. Because it is so important, they will do the whole thing in DH itself, thus it isnt really that big of a deal….

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, snape’s worst memory was horrible in the movie, way too short.You couldn’t even get a good loog at their faces, it lasted like 5 seconds. And lily doesn’t appear at all.too bad, it was one of the best scenes in the book. and where was the scene where ron is attacked by brains at the ministry?

Avatar Image says:

Never mind the delete scenes, I have come to accept that the Harry Potter movies just make the book a bit more alive, nothing more (since everything is cut out) but if that is the dvd cover they are going to use, I am going to boycott WB products or something, I mean it is not even the real Ginny (Bonnie) on the cover and the inside, on the dvd, that is the picture of Hermione (Emma) with her chest photoshoped too highlight it.

Avatar Image says:

What is this crap? They pare down a three hour movie and all we get is ten minutes of lame walk through shots and steady cam?! Where’s McGonagall’s attack? Where’s Lily and the rest of Snape’s worst memory? And where, for the love of Pete, is the Bella/Sirius duel in the ministry?! This is rubbish. I hope to hell this listing is either a partial list or a complete fraud.

Avatar Image says:

omg i hate wb they suck i want lilly im complaining now!!!!! i will post were i complained so everyone else can do it to be right back

bi!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well, this sucks. No Snapes worst memory??? I was really hoping that if it wasn’t in the movie, it would AT LEAST be a deleted scene. :( I really wish They’d bring back Alfonso do direct the rest of the movies, David Yates wasn’t a good director!

Avatar Image says:

i’m seriously tempted to boycot the special edition over this. if they’re putting out two version of a dvd, they should not be trying to drain even more money out of the fan by with holding something like this. many people buy the special editions for deleted scenes alone and i find it very misleading that they’re not including the big ones. if it is for yet another version of the dvd for a later date, then shame on WB for using one of those ploys to get us to buy 2 copies.

i am seriously seriously pissed.

Avatar Image says:

they spend 2 WHOLE MINUTES SHOWING TRALAWNEY EATING????? What crap is this? How come there are no scenes with the two-way mirror, or a longer (and more acurate) version of Snape’s Worst Memory? WB you’ve failed us yet again….

Avatar Image says:

I think they should give Snape quite more importance on the movies, it seems to me they are putting him a bit aside when his role is SO important at the end well.. and all the time. They should have shown on the movie the truth about Harry and the pensieve… I’m quite disappointed about that… I really expected an extended version of this movie being the longest of the books… anyway…

Avatar Image says:

We know that the scene on the minister was really cut, the script was amazing.. what about giving us that scene? Pleassee?

And Luna had THREE scenes with Harry, Neville had TWO (with this one) and Ginny NONE while in the book she had TWO amazing scenes, that would really work on the film. She’s such an amazing character, why not giving her some time to shine? It was supposed to be on this film! But of course, no one can take away the spotlight from dear Hermione who already stole Ron and Ginny’s qualities…

Avatar Image says:

In all promo material including this DVD cover all three leads are heavily photoshopped,and we do know about the wonders and magic of that don’t we? It can make Grawp look like Brad Pitt. Eyes, hair face, figure the image of whole person is airbrushed and doctored to death. Look at any tv interview,award ceremony etc and you will see that this is not what Daniel,Emma and Rupert look like.They are made to look far more stunning in these pictures than they can ever possibly be in real life.Plus all three have the knack of looking at the camera confidently and alluringly so that it looks like they are really photogenic. In real life they are pretty ordinary looking so what you see in the pictures is not what you get. Just look at the footage of the hands,feet,wands ceremony recently to see the difference.

Avatar Image says:

What about when McGonagall gets attacked!!!! There were photos online, proof of them shooting the scene, why the bleep would they not include that!!!

Avatar Image says:

hmmm… disappointing, these aren’t important scenes at all except the Centaurs might be a better scene

what are Harry Enters and Steady Cam Around??

I wanted a bit more Dursleys Harry shouting properly at Hermione and Ron Careers advice with McGonagall or McGonagall being inspected a bit more Fred and George stuff Snape’s Worst Memory showing Lily more post MOM

Avatar Image says:

Well they managed to spell Filch’s name wrong. Oops. But I’m looking forward to seeing these deleted scenes.

Avatar Image says:

I would also love to see extended edition DVDs. They did wonders for the Lord of The Rings sales BUT -as much as we all want them -and as much as they would obviously be huge money makers -I do not believe anyone from Warners (or anybody involved in the process) as ever so much as hinted that “extended editions” will happen in the future.

Sadly -I do not believe they care enough to do so -and it just will not happen. It has only been fans on the net who have raised this topic -no-one in authority.

Avatar Image says:

What? I really wanted to see McGonagall getting attacked, Bella and Sirius’ duel and the extended version of the Pensieve scene…

Avatar Image says:

“And I guarentee you that Yates has little say in what goes in the deleted scenes extras in the DVD.”

Yates did have some say in what went into the deleted scenes of the OOTP DVD, not all of them but some. In a interview with AICN and interviews on the red carpet for the OOTP premiere, Yates mentioned that two scenes he cut would be in the deleted scenes section of the DVD. Those scenes he mentioned were “Umbridge questions Trelawney” (an extended scene that was partly featured in the montage scene where Umbridge sits in on the teachers’ classes) and the “Filch blows on Umbridge’s hair”. The latter scene is after the twins fly off from Hogwarts and Umbridge’s hair is singed and smoking. After all the students have ran outside, Filch starts blowing on her hair trying to put out the smoke (which is about to catch fire) and unwittingly ignites her hair.

Avatar Image says:

I do hope the DVD has the 3D parts, I’ll be buying the single dvd, 2-disc, HD DVD, and the blu-ray versions.

Avatar Image says:

I will not buy it if the SWM complete scene misses.

Avatar Image says:

Where are the additional Snape scenes? We saw more from Leaky in the pre-release pictures than ever made it to the final cut. Don’t tell me they are storing those up for the Princes Tale in the DH movie. I will be SOOOO cross if thats dealt with as inappropriately as in OOP film. I am so worried Snapes part will be trashed in HBP too…

Avatar Image says:

Yes -the whole Warners/ DVD Potter scenario is appallingly bad compared to the Lord of The Rings effort where everyone got involved to make -in effect -a brand new -massive fans project. There were THREE extended editions and lost of interviews etc…..describing the whole process from adaptation to screen and onwards.

Yey -here – nothing. There is a huge market -obviously for POtter extended editions but so far -not a murmour.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so disappointed in the list of extra scenes. I know they filmed the Harry/DD scene in Dumbledore’s office and that’s the best in the book!

It wouldn’t have worked with the arc of the film, The Voldemort/Dumbledore fight and Possession scene was too powerful a climax, but I still wantto see the rest of it, and watch Daniel Radcliffe really lose the plot! Demnition!

Avatar Image says:

I was really disappointed with the leave out of SWM since for book lover but also how confusing will it be to the movie fans to see the pensive seen in the deathly hallows without that scene in the order of the phoenix but I’m sure if the whole of fandom got together and petition Warner brothers they would respond … as well as a boycott of the DVD … trust me fan have power in number!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m disappointed that we will not be seeing the whole Snape’s worst memory section. I also remember seeing photos last year of MaGonagall in a wheelchair which led me to think we would have a scene in the film where she was hit with stunning spells, i wish we could have seen that scene as well.

Avatar Image says:

“Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle Bully a Student”.... Here’s to novilty! (please note cyber sarcasm) I am so pissed. There needs to be a “Snape’s Worst Memory—GOOD, LONG, PROPER VERSION” or someone from WB is getting kicked in the nuts.

Avatar Image says:

well, all i can think (hope) is that this means there will be extended versions in the future, because otherwise what was the point of filming all these amazing scenes for them not to appear at all?? And to even cast Lily?

I hope they include the same full SWM scene in DH rather than film a new one, for consistency sake.

Anne

I totally agree. But the fact is there has NEVER been anything -even muted -or even hinted at -by anyone in authority that there will be extended editions.

it would be so, so easy for someone to do it at Warners – or for Warners (hey Chris Columbus) -but there has never been a sound.

They would be huge sellers -and yet….........never even a hint !

Avatar Image says:

“Grindewald, when I pay to see a movie in the theater, I expect to see the WHOLE movie. It’s just that simple.” – KB Prez

Avatar Image says:

But where’s the good stuff? I mean reall – is Warner Brothers insane? Do they even realize how much $$$ they could make by giving the fans what they REALLY want – extended editions, dvd commentaries etc…? Idiots!!!

“Grass grows at Hogwarts” – LMFAO!

Avatar Image says:

I’M REALLY HOPING THIS ISN’T TRUE! I WANT MORE SNAPE’S WORST MEMORY!

Avatar Image says:

“I watched Chamber of Secrets in the US on TV earlier this year and they had edited in all of the deleted scenes to make “an extended edition” of their own.”

funny, I’m planning to do that myself with all of the films! That’s why I was hoping for good stuff with this dvd.

Avatar Image says:

What?! I cant believe there not putting in more of Snapes memory! I’m going to write to Warner Brothers and complain!

Avatar Image says:

I personally hoped we’d see G. Lockhart on the psychiatric unit.

Given all of the footage shot for all these films, Warner Bros. better do them justice once all seven are out on DVD. Perhaps with the same treatment New line bestowed upon The Lord Of The Rings?

The best deleted scenes relaesed thus far for any of the films are for PS/SS. Case in point, the extended first-time-meeting scene between Snape and Harry in the classroom is great (and relevant, I might add). They weren’t throw away scenes like POA and the rest gave us.

Avatar Image says:

THOSE SCENES ARE HORRIBLE I WANT MORE OF THE MINISTRY. WHAT ABOUT THE ROTATING-DOORS ROOM AND ALL THE ROOMS IT LED TO? SIRIUS/BELLATRIX DUEL? SNAPE’S WORST MEMORY?

OH PLEASE, 3 MINUTES WATCHING TRELAWNEY EATING? ARE YOU KIDDING?

This film could have been MUCH better, and MUCH longer. They deleted the best scenes!

GRR, SHAME ON WB

Avatar Image says:

“Just about every good film that’s made cuts things out ftom the final cinematic release for various reasons. That’s good editing. Sure, it makes money, but it also improves the quality of the movie. Why do you have such a problem with good filmmaking?”

The point is, this isn’t good filmmaking. It’s OK to delete some scenes(such as Trelawney eating -who would care about that?). But deleting most of ‘Snape’s worst memory’? Have you even read Deathly Hallows? Of course I’d like to see many more scenes that were deleted (such as the rotating-doors room and Sirius/Bellatrix duel -as I already said in my other post) but those weren’t that important at all.. Now, again.. Deleting most of Snape’s worst memory? They’re insane.

Avatar Image says:

“The point is, this isn’t good filmmaking. It’s OK to delete some scenes(such as Trelawney eating -who would care about that?). But deleting most of ‘Snape’s worst memory’? Have you even read Deathly Hallows?” - Gus

Well, I’m really just countering the argument that EVERY scene that is filmed should be shown in the theater.

Though I do think deleting most of Snape’s Worst Memory was a smart move. I’d have done the same thing. I HAVE read Deathly Hallows, and I think it would be more dramatic and relevant to show the complete scene in the Deathly Hallows film rather than Order of the Phoenix. Order of the Phoenix needed to stick to its main storyline (Umbridge, the DA, and Harry’s dreams); the filmmakers can’t just veer off into a 5-minute tangent about Lily.

THIRTEEN SECONDS OF NEVILLE? That’s just not good enough! LOL

Don’t forget … it says SOME deleted scenes! So maybe there’s more that they’re not telling us about, hmm?

Avatar Image says:

Guys,don’t blame David Yates.He’s the one that actually shot a 3 hour movie.WB are the ones that do the cutting and stuff.And yeah thats a fake DVD cover.Even I could create a much better version than that.

...!

They aren’t giving us more of the battle? The duel Between Bella and Sirius?

They DID film it. sigh

This is why I like books.

Avatar Image says: If you have the first deluxe edition of the OOTP don't waste your money. Most of that material is in their. Really nothing new has been added that is worth the money. If they had a directors voice over, I would purchase it in a heart beat. For the last three movies I will not waste a penny getting the deluxe unless they have something like that or a directors cut. They will keep giving us nothing as long as people keep purchasing them. Do you get the idea?

Write a Reply or Comment