Helena Bonham Carter to Film HBP Scenes in Spring, 2008

112

Sep 02, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

While not yet officially confirmed by Warner Brothers, representatives for actress Helena Bonham Carter have said the actress would be reprising her role as Bellatrix Lestrange for the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” film. In an article with The Independent, they discuss the actress, who is currently expecting her second child with her husband, director Tim Burton. The reps say that that Helena Carter Bonham would be back filming the sixth Harry Potter film next year, with the article noting “her publicist said yesterday that Bonham Carter was not due back on the Potter set until the spring.”

Under the helm of returning director David Yates, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is due to start principle photography shortly, and is due in theaters November of 2008.

Thanks Ryan!

40 Responses to Helena Bonham Carter to Film HBP Scenes in Spring, 2008

Avatar Image says:

omg, yessss! i was SO worried about this ever since i found out she was pregnant!!!! i’m so glad they’re going to keep her character in the film! ah, i’m so happy! XD

Avatar Image says:

But first we must Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd!!!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

In an earlier t.v interview here in the states, they made a comment that they were already done filming the final films? am I mistaken?

Avatar Image says:

I was just thinking about that today. Glad to hear she will be back for HBP!

Avatar Image says:

But first we must Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd!!!!! :)

Posted by Michel Alexander on September 02, 2007 @ 03:57 PM

Ahh yes, another collaboration between Burton, Depp & Bonham Carter. I can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

Yes you are; the filming starts in October for HBP.

Good to know that she’ll be back for the next film; hopefully she’ll be back for DH as well.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah!! :) Helena rocks as Bella I can’t wait to see her in HBP. Yeah-ness! hands everyone cookies

Avatar Image says:

budb-Helena I believe is signed for DH movie as well. Ive been wondering-does this basically clarify Spinners End will feature? I think it must-plus it will be a decent length because they wouldnt pay for her to come back for like two minutes would they?! WELL-the writers know Bellatricx is a good character and they know Helena was well received so what do you think is the possibility they increase her role in this movie and add her into scenes like the battle at the end? I personally hope they do! Cant wait for more casting news!

Thanks for the thanks Sue, my pleasure! Ry

Avatar Image says:

Well Bella’s only scene in the book is spinner’s end so I think this pretty much confirms that that scene will be in the movie, and that they’ll be casting Narcissa. Yay!

Avatar Image says:

Thank God, she should be nomonated for best actress to get into a charecter she was belletrex lestange

WHOOP!

Avatar Image says:

Yes! I can’t think of anyone else who could be Bellatrix! And yay for the Spinner’s End scene being in HBP! Now, we just have to make sure they don’t cut Scrimgeour…

Avatar Image says:

“and, knowing that Bella plays a role in DH, why don’t they just sign her for both movies now and be done with it?”

I’m grateful to hear the news to hear that she’s back for the final 2 films—she was great in OOTP and I can’t wait to see her in DH.

Avatar Image says:

They’re not married. They’re living together, creating more illegitimate marriages. She’s just biding her time until she can move on to destroy another celebrity relationship.

Avatar Image says:

“They’re living together, creating more illegitimate marriages.”

If you want to write something hateful and bigoted you should at least try to say it correctly. laughs

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad the Spinner’s End scene is in HBP… I wonder whether Pettigrew will be in it?

Avatar Image says:

Well, that means they’re doing Spiner’s End scene, right, right, right?!!! I hope so, I really want to see Narcissa in the movies. :D

Avatar Image says:

Actually, in HBP the only chapter that has Bella in it is Spinners End. Perhaps she’ll be written into scenes in the film, then?

er, Ry? the article here at Leaky and the one in the Independent only mention HBP, not DH. I do believe the three lead actors have signed for both the final movies, however. http://news.independent.co.uk/people/pandora/article2851418.ece

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad Bella is back too – they need the Spinner’s End scene to set up Malfoy’s (and Snape’s) story line. And Helena was awesome in OotP.

Avatar Image says:

omg yes!!!! shes such a great bella…

but first she MUST do sweeney todd!!!!!! XD

omg. sweeney todd AND HP? shes gonna have a busy year…

<3pafootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

Sorry budb im perfectly well aware of the article-considering i found it and sent it. I know what it mentions. I pointed out that helena had previously been quoted as saying she had signed for DEATHLY HALLOWS BEFORE SHE SIGNED FOR PRINCE. So obviously theres so script changing thats been carried out which means they now want her. I know Bellatrix is only in one chapter in HBP, thats why I said I wonder if they will increase her role-would they only get her back for a couple of minutes in Spinners End?

No idea what you thought id said budb

Avatar Image says:

Oh wow I cannot wait to see more interaction between her and Ralph now THAT is going to be amazing.

Avatar Image says:

omg yes!!!! shes such a great bella…

but first she MUST do sweeney todd!!!!!! XD

omg. sweeney todd AND HP? shes gonna have a busy year…

<3pafootrocksmysocks>

Posted by padfootrocksmysocks

not to mention another baby. Gosh what a talented family that child will be born into.

Avatar Image says:

Ryan, “budb-Helena I believe is signed for DH movie as well.”

When checking back I spotted Matthew’s post “In a interview when doing press for OOTP, HBC said that she was already signed for the final film. I guess a few days ago, the casting directors called her to see if she was available to reprise her role for HBP as well as DH, and she said yes.” I assume you are referring to that as well for your comment?

As for “I pointed out that helena had previously been quoted as saying she had signed for DEATHLY HALLOWS BEFORE SHE SIGNED FOR PRINCE”, if you look back at the postings above, that does not appear until your shout. Perhaps you posted it elsewhere?

Please don’t shout. Let’s just enjoy the fact that she is definitely in the films.

Avatar Image says:

is Bella even in HBP??? i cant remember.

Avatar Image says:

In chapter 2, Spinners End, only. Unless Kloves and company write her into scenes for the movie.

Avatar Image says:

i always wondered… why wasnt bella in the end battlescene?

or maybe his mother pulled her out because she might have pushed draco too far?

Avatar Image says:

i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad she is doing the part she does it soooooooooooooooo well!

Avatar Image says:

Spinner’s End! Hip-hip-hooray! I’m looking forward to that scene. I can just imagine it…

Avatar Image says: wouldn’t she be draco’s first pick (the one that taught her oclumency and such)?

I don’t think Draco got a choice over which DEs came – he didn’t know Fenrir would be there, for example.

Avatar Image says:

She has only one scene in Book 6 (spinner’s end)....so i think the movie makers will include her in the DE-Order fight at hogwarts…................

Avatar Image says:

First it was first-choice Bellatrix Helen McCrory, now it’s Helena Bonham Carter’a turn…why do people keep getting Bellatrix Lestrange pregnant? You’d have thought it would put people off…

Avatar Image says:

Cool. But why can’t they film her scene (her character was only in one scene and she was sitting down for half of it) when they start filming. In the book, her character was wearing a cloak, which will easily cover up her pregnancy bump.

Avatar Image says:

This news made me so happy because this MUst mean that they are keeping the Spinners end chapter in the movie wich is one of my favorite chapters in the whole series. Now i really wan’t to know who they cast as Narcissa!

Avatar Image says:

I saw a photo of her in the newspaper today. She’s looking pretty big already! So I’m not sure covering with a cloak would work, Fran.

I’m glad they’re putting in Spinners End because I want to see Narcissa too.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah ! Right they kept Spiner’s end !

Avatar Image says:

i was worried that she would not b in the next movie she’s such a great Bella Spinner’s End is gonna b a great scene!!

Avatar Image says:

Muddtallica – It must be the black leather.

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! Yay!!! she’s such an amazing actress!! she is so right for bellatrix!!! plz give her more than 4 stupid lines this time!!! go helena!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooooo! lol! :)

Write a Reply or Comment