Reminder: National Movie Awards This Weekend in UK

333

Sep 27, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Emma Watson’s official website has been updated with a reminder and confirmation of her attendance this weekend at the National Movie Awards in the UK. Her website confirms that Emma will indeed attend these awards tomorrow, for which she is nominated for her role as Hermione Granger in “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.”

Also, the organisers of the event, Indigo Television, let us know they have confirmed that Rupert Grint and Dan Radcliffe will also attend the event, which will take place this Friday, September 28, at the Royal Festival Hall in London, England. The awards ceremony will then be broadcast the next day on UK channel ITV1 Saturday, September 29. Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) have received acting nominations, and “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” is nominated as “Best Family Film.” Anyone who is attending, please send in your reports, photos and videos! UPDATE: The BBC has more on the actors due at the event, here.

22 Responses to Reminder: National Movie Awards This Weekend in UK

Avatar Image says:

This is wonderful news, and I will be looking for Dan, Emma, Rupert and OOTP to pickup those little statues! I live “across the pond”, but I’ll be there, in spirit!

Avatar Image says:

Sad to see the trio are going. They are all going to be made to look a bit desperate when none of the other big stars turn up. :-(

Avatar Image says:

I am happy that they are going, why would the absence of other big stars make them look desperate? As the main leads they are going to represent their movie, their achievements and support one another and the franchise.Which they are obviously proud of. And if the voting goes their way they can pick up their awards. This is what award ceremonies are. To me they are never a headcount of the famous and the very famous in attendance.They are in recognition of actors and the film industry.You go, guys!

Avatar Image says:

Wouldn’t matter, they’re the pull. Look at the people arriving to see Dan at a screening and at Equus every night. There will be other celebrities, but it will be interesting to see who shows up. I’m pretty sure Orlando Bloom won’t show because I think his West End play is still running.

Avatar Image says:

“I am happy that they are going, why would the absence of other big stars make them look desperate?”

Because the NMA are just a desperate attempt by ITV to try and steal some of the BBC’s BAFTA ratings success. In and of themselves, they are meaningless.

The evening is just going to be an embarrasing repeat of ITV’s last attempt to launch their own version of the BAFTA’s when nobody bothered to turn up and collect their award. It was a joke.

“There will be other celebrities, but it will be interesting to see who shows up.”

None of the other stars nominated for popular actor will bother to go, so that will leave poor Rupert and Dan looking like prats. I suspect the same will happen for the best actress award.

Avatar Image says:

Sarah, you sure are negative. :( Any time the trio can back the HP films it is a good thing,win or loose.It is still a chance for it to be known that the HP films are still in progress and more are on the way.It is good public relations. Even if none of them wins ,nor the film, I am sure Dan,Rupert and Emma will have a blast!

If you don’t want to see them , than don’t watch. Nobody is forcing you to,lol! And some of us are very glad they are going to get to be there.

YAY top 10

why shouldn’t dan rupert and emma go to the awards ceremony

i get annoyed when you watch them and none of the celebs turn up, it’s like

“AND THE AWARD FOR BEST FEMALE NEWCOMER GOES TO ( drumroll plase)

KATE NASH

unfortunatley kate could not be with us tonight becasue she didn;t think it was worth bothering to get up off her arse”

it’s annoys me loads when that happens

and anyway rupoert going means more pic of rupert to add to my coletion

SO WHOS COMPLAINING

Avatar Image says:

The Potter actors will not look like prats. They have gone to many award shows before that are no where near as popular as the Academy Awards or BAFTAs. It will be just like any other small awards show at worst, and at best, these guys are the vanguard for a new and upcoming popular awards show.

Avatar Image says:

Can we view the ceremony at all in the U.S.?

Avatar Image says:

If anyone can record this or digitize it into a video file, please let me know. I would like to get this into the Leaky Video gallery! Thanks!

Avatar Image says:

First, I’d like to say, that it’s too bad that more of our Celebrities “across the pond” were as considerate as Dan,Rupert and Emma. They (Dan,Rupert and Emma, that is) have class. That’s spelled C-L-A-S-S Sarah, why so negative? I would think that you might be proud of “the trio”... Hannah:I agree, wholeheartedly! No-shows are the “prats” as you refer to them. And YES,Meredith….I’m with you! Can we get this, in the US???? Go Dan,Rupert and Emma…win or lose, you have C-L-A-S-S!!!

wish i could go!!! :(

If it hadn’t been my Freshers’ Week at uni this week I so would have gone =(

Avatar Image says:

good luck to dan rupert and emma i hope if any of them win one that would be good …......glad theyre showing up ….yohoooo

Avatar Image says:

Yeeeaaah, Dan’s gonna be there. I hope ‘Phoenix’ wins an award. I’ve got the feeling Emma’s won best actress, Johnny Depp will take best actor I’m sure, not that it matters, everyone has their favourites.

Helen Mirren is presenting Best Actor so at least one big star will show up. Anyway Dan, Rupert & Emma are the reasons to watch it, who cares about anyone else? Plus the three of them could have a really fun evening out, hope they do.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sooooooooo glad their going to be there, thats something worth watching then! I can’t wait to see it on saturday!!!! Good luck dan, rupert and emma!!!! Hope harry potter and the order of the pheonix wins best family film!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well if Rupert and Emma act anything like they have acted during the BAFTAS or the Hand Foot and Wand Ceremony or Unscripted or Comme au cinéma interviews where they have failed to string two meaningful sentences together without giggling, mumbling,fidgeting and just genuinely displaying all the maturity of four year olds,they are bound to have heaps of fun again.

displayed,that is.

Avatar Image says:

Cool. I’m definitely going to watch tomorrow night. Take That are going to perform at the bash. Sings “So come on/see the lights/on your face/let it shine/just let shiiiiiiinnnnne/let it shine.” That’s the only song of their’s that I know the words to (thanks to it being used on the morrissons advert).

Avatar Image says:

Well, Dame Helen Mirren showed up, and she is a star if ever there was one! Hope tha OotP gets an Award!

Awesome!