J.K. Rowling, Emma Watson Attend Pride of Britain Awards

107

Oct 09, 2007

Posted by SueTLC

The first of the photos from tonight’s Pride of Britain awards are now online, and you can see some early pictures of Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling (both wearing chic black outfits)here via WireImage. Additional photos of Jo (looking just gorgeous) here via the Associated Press, via WENN and via London Features International.

UPDATE: As we told you previously, JKR was to be given special recognition for her works of charity. Emma Watson’s official website has just been updated with information that Emma presented Jo with this award, and that Jo had specifically requested that Emma Watson be the one to present the honor. Very cool. More info as we get it. A reminder that these awards will be broadcast tomorrow night in the UK on ITV1.

UPDATE #2 : Emma Watson CA let us know about some high res pics of Emma they have, here. Getty now has their photos of this event now online here as well.

40 Responses to J.K. Rowling, Emma Watson Attend Pride of Britain Awards

Avatar Image says:

Wow..(not really an Emma fan)..But she is BEATIFUL and that black dress…JUST WAAAUUVVVVV

Avatar Image says:

Both Ms JKR and Miss Watson were GORGEOUS! I guess Mr Radcliffe didn’t make it *( Oh, well. The girls were stunning, and JK looked absolutely glowing! You go, girls!

Avatar Image says:

Emma: much better than last time!

Jo: well, she just looks gorgeous!

Avatar Image says:

Jo looks so beautiful! She’s always so stylish, just wow…

Avatar Image says:

Would it be possible to put these pictures on the Leaky gallery? I can only see the thumbnail versions on the links.

Wow! Jo looks amazing! And Emma is beautiful as always. :D

Avatar Image says:

They both look amazing! I love them both!

Avatar Image says:

Jo looks stunning, as she always has done ♥ ♥ I’m going to miss seeing the broadcast of the awards because it’s my Freshers’ Ball tomorrow night, my Mum is taping it for me but I am 200 miles away from my Mum XD needs a recordable DVD player

Avatar Image says:

Wow. they both look beautiful. Do you think they talked about what to wear? LOL. What an honor for both women. one to receive the award and one to honor/give it to her. I wonder if Rowling specified for Emma to give it to her.

Avatar Image says:

she looks so beautiful(JO)..........welll actually both of them do…...

Avatar Image says:

It’s good that Emma dressed up a bit more for this one. She looked a tad too casual at the National Movie Awards..

Avatar Image says:

“I’m surprised Jo didn’t ask for Evanna to be honest! Although I guess that was the only reason Emma went, and Emma would get more publicity than Evanna I think, and publicity for these awards is good.”

rolls eyes

Y’know, I understand that Evanna gave a good performance (not that it was too removed with her off-screen persona), but all this cheerleading (to use John Dawlish/Noe’s phrase) is just as bad as bashing as it implies that the rest somehow aren’t worthy of praise or are somehow worse…

Avatar Image says:

Emma was asked specifically by JK? Wow…what an honor, yah?

Avatar Image says:

well i must agree that both look absolutely darling in those dresses congrats to them

Avatar Image says:

I wish I look half as good as Jo does when I’m her age. Oh, and EMMA IS STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

YAY! Emma looks really nice, and Jo is beautiful! Congrats to both!

Avatar Image says:

I bet Emma was thrilled, she thinks so highly of Jo. What an honor for her and amazing honor for Jo. She deserves it for all the hardwork and good causes she supports.

Avatar Image says:

My two favorite female Celebs on the planet . They both look amazing , .....just gorgeous . Emma presenting the award was fantastic .There is a special kinship between them rarely spoken of .

Avatar Image says:

Ok, is it just me or do Emma’s shoes resemble Snitches? Maybe I’m interpreting them too much. Have a look at them in the pics from the Emma Watson site. :)

Avatar Image says:

Jo looks FANTASTIC. She’s so elegant that lady :)

Jo always said that Book.Hermione is like a-bit edited image of herself when she was her age, I think it should have a big reason to do with why she picked emma(Film.Hermione) to present her the award.

Congrats Jo :D

Avatar Image says:

“Jo had specifically requested that Emma Watson be the one to present the honor.”

uhm, it’s always remarks like this that starts all the cheerleading. Why did she have to put that up on her website? And Harry himself was not asked? Granted that Dan was busy but I’d have thought he is the first person Jo would have thought of.

Avatar Image says:

blanche: They mentioned it because it was a fact. ‘Nuff said.

Congrats to both ladies!

Avatar Image says:

Well done to Jo and all the winners. Both Jo and Emma looked lovely. Emma does not update her official website, the webmistress does, so it would have been her decison to put the news that Jo requested Emma to present the award….I knew that would cause more than a ripple.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm, wonder how she could request Emma to present an award she didn’t realize she was getting? There are videos out now and she says she was so intent on handing out an award to a young cancer patient that she almost broke down when Emma walked out with an award for her. I think Dan was meant to hand out the award as his name was mentioned in all the press, but because of his work schedule (when did this start?) he couldn’t make it?

Avatar Image says:

blanche: yes, Dan plays Harry Potter, but I always strongly got the impression JKR loved all the three leads, Dan AND Emma AND Rupert. So, she asked for Emma, I find that touching. Seeing as Emma plays Hermione and – regardless of how far away movie-Hermione actually is from book-Hermione, thanks WB – book Hermione is a wee bit like young-Jo herself, so I am not surprised she chose Emma. I am actually a biiig Ron and Rupert fan, but I don´t go here and question Jo´s decision and complain. ;)

Jo looked georgeous and beautiful, Emma looks stunning as alway. Love her dress.

Avatar Image says:

Even though I’m a massive Dan fan, I thought it would have been nice for her to ask Rupert as he’s not won any awards lately and I think he’s the publics favourite of the trio.

Not so nice of Jo to say she preferred Emma over Rupert or Dan, anyway it’s the evening that’s most important I suppose.

Avatar Image says: Sigh.
  • Jo never said she prefered Emma over Dan and Rupert. Talk about take someone out of context.
  • Jo DID know in advance that she’d be receiving the honour, as do all the winners. This isn’t like a film or music ceremony where people compete for the awards.
  • Jo chose Emma because Emma was probably the one available that evening. If Emma hadn’t been available, Jo may have chosen one of the other cast members (perhaps Evanna or Matthew).

And again, WELL DONE TO ALL THE WINNERS!

Avatar Image says:

I disagree on that last point. That suggests that if she had a choice, she would not have chosen Emma. I honestly think she likes Emma and wanted her to present it. She knew Rupert was shy about these things and that it would take the mickey out of Dan as he plays the main character. She also knows Emma better than Evanna, inspite her “perfection” at the role.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! I can’t wait to see the videos of the event. Congratulations to Jo!

S is right, Jo did know that she was getting an award before the event, and so did we! There was a news story saying she would be receiving an award.

She probably picked Emma because she likes her, she’s been playing one of the main characters for 7 years, Emma wanted to go, and Emma was available. Lets not make assumptions that she would have preferred someone else. That’s just insulting to Emma to say. Rupert may be filming or he may have preferred Emma to do it because he himself has said that he isn’t into the red carpet things and he is pretty shy speaking in front of people and I would imagine that she had to give some sort of speech. Dan was probably working.

Jo probably asked for one of the three and is probably happy that Emma could do it. Emma probably put it on her site because she was flattered and grateful for being asked.

Avatar Image says:

“The comments against the actors every time there is a news story involving them is terrible.”

Well said!

I’ve read some of the stories about what the winners did and their stories are truly amazing. I’m recording this tonight but I suspect I’ll be shedding a few tears too.

JKR ♥ ♥ ♥

Emma ♥

Avatar Image says:

AWWWWWWWW they both lk great!! Congratulation jo!! U trully deserve it!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Look, why say you specifically asked someone to present if you didn’t want any negative feedback? JK should have said anything, (if she said it that is).

All I’m really saying is it that would have been nice for Rupert to have presented, he’s had less spotlight recently, just for balance.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve just watched it on ITV. Although Jo probably knew she was getting the award, I don’t think she knew she was getting it in the way she did. She was on stage to present an award to an extremely brave 14 year old girl who has survived cancer and has written a ‘what to expect when you have cancer’ guide to help other children with the disease. Jo said to her that her book was truly one to change lives when the presenter suddenly launched into Jo’s award at which point Jo said “Don’t start! I’m a wreck. I’ve been crying since ‘the baby on the plane’” (which was the subject of the first award). Emma looked like she was crying too btw.

Avatar Image says:

Dobby, give it up. The press release was screwed up and it was the only one out of many press releases that mentioned Dan’s name. Why does it kill you that Rowling likes Emma and wanted Emma to be there? It doesn’t mean she doesn’t like Dan. Emma said once before she talks to jo via email often enough and has nothing but good things to say about Jo. I think they have a close relationship. It’s has nothning to do with Rupert or Dan really.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah I agre Karen. i don’t think jo was ready for it. She just got don with the little girl and then Emma came out. She said in the statement she didn’t expect that. They just surprised her by the way they gave it.

Avatar Image says:

“So it’s ridiculous for EW’s website to try and claim she was hand picked to give the award when she clearly wasn’t.”

I agree!

Avatar Image says:

“Dan was obviously supposed to give the award to Jo, since it was his name on the first press release. So it’s ridiculous for EW’s website to try and claim she was hand picked to give the award when she clearly wasn’t. If she was first choice, she would have been on the first press release. Dan must have been busy filming or something.”

Agree to a certain point. But I don’t think it was Emma who wrote that piece on her website. Probably the webmistress who sounded defensive that it was Emma not Dan, who presented that award. Maybe Dan is allergic to royalty? He also snubbed the Queen’s birthday party and now that Prince Charles was attending… lol.

Write a Reply or Comment