Video of JK Rowling and Emma Watson at Pride of Britain Awards

102

Oct 10, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Last night we told you that author J.K. Rowling and actress Emma Watson attended the Pride of Britain awards in London, England. Tonight the program was broadcast in the UK, and we now have the video of Emma presenting a special award to a very emotional and very gracious Jo Rowling. You can now watch this lovely moment here in our galleries. The Pride of Britain awards are held to recognise the ordinary people in the UK who achieve extraordinary things. JKR was given special recognition for her continued works of charity.

Thanks very much to Roonwit!

32 Responses to Video of JK Rowling and Emma Watson at Pride of Britain Awards

utterly remarkable.

Avatar Image says:

That was so awesome! Megan really deserved that award, and what an honor to have Jo present it! Jo is so amazing, she deserves every award she has ever received for Harry Potter. It was so appropriate to have Emma present! Yay Megan, Jo, and Emma!

Avatar Image says:

way to go Megan! I can’t imagine what that must have been like up there… I would have been flipping out but that’s me anyway… congrats to Megan and Jo!

Avatar Image says:

That Megan girl is something. What an a mazing young lady. I think Jo felt honoured to be presenting an award to her.

Avatar Image says:

It was a very moving show which acknowledged some very brave and admirable people of all ages. No wonder Jo was an emotional wreck, I was. That young lady, Megan, has what it takes to succeed, and she didn’t seem fazed by the occasion. I’m just so proud of Jo’s down to earth attitude about celebrity and her generosity to others.

Avatar Image says:

Hehe, Emma sort of forgot to give her the award, Jo actually had to reach and take it from her. Hehe… Well, they were both very sweet and emotional. And my gosh, that young girl Megan! What a true hero!

Avatar Image says:

I’m going to be mean and say I was annoyed that they kept changing cameras and we couldn’t see Jo or Emma that much. But Jo deserves every single award.

Avatar Image says:

I heard that Emma Watson went blonde, but it didn’t really sink in until she and Jo hugged, and I saw that their hair was exactly the same shade. LOL.

Oh shoot, I said the h* word. Run away!

yaaayyy for Jo

Avatar Image says:

Yeah Megan rules and Jo! And Emma!

hmmm I am curious if they will dye Emma’s hair back for HP since they started filming again, then maybe her scenes haven’t come up yet…

Avatar Image says:

Emma doesn’t start filming until December.

Avatar Image says:

It was nice to see Emma have her real color!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my, that was really moving, and I only watched for the three minutes of it! It was a little odd to suddenly take away from Megan’s pride and give the award to Jo - I agree whole-heartedly that she deserves it, of course - but they shifted the spotlight so suddenly it felt weird to me. Anyway, yay to all three of them. I’d be so interested to read Megan’s book.

Avatar Image says:

Erm, apparently putting hyphens around something strikes it out, and I most definitely did not mean to strike that above comment out. I was simply doing two hyphens to signify dashes. Oops!

Avatar Image says:

Okay I’m a bit drunk but I just have to say:

I love Jo SOOO MUCH! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ She really is the Pride of Britain, truly… she has made so many lives so much better.

Congratulations and my addmiration to all of the people who received awards last night.

Avatar Image says:

that was really cool. i love how emma dyed her hair its different.

Avatar Image says:

who is this megan girl and what have she done? I don’t know anything about it. I agree it was odd how they give both megan and jo the award at the same time.

Avatar Image says:

There’s an article in the Sun that says Emma came right after school and that the Prime Minister as well as some others were “spellbound” lol. here http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/3am/2007/10/11/herm-majesty-89520-19931948/

I also think they brought out Rowling’s award too soon. The little one didn’t get a chance to speak, did she?

Avatar Image says:

rejoices at the fact that Hermione is going to be blonde AGAIN for this film!

Just kidding. I hate that. I love JKR and I love her I love her I love her. Megan is awesome too.

Avatar Image says:

Luna, Megan is 14 and has had cancer herself. She became very good friends with a boy called Nat who was having cancer treatment at the same time as her but sadly he didn’t survive. She has written a book called chemotherapy, cake and cancer aimed at children with cancer to help them understand what is happening to her and what to expect whilst they’re being treated for it. Nat’s father (the man you see at the beginning of the clip and who the camera keeps showing) is a cartoonist and illustrated the book for her and the pictures in it are of Megan and Nat.

Avatar Image says:

SHE ISNT FILIMNG UNTIL DECEMBER!!! LET EMMA COLOR HER HAIR HOW SHE WANTS UNTIL THEN!

Avatar Image says:

WOW!! Jo rocks, Emma is awesome, and that girl named megan seems like an amazing person. I hope she overcomes her cancer. Anyways, conggratulations Jo and yay Emma!!!!

Avatar Image says:

That was a great video. Jo really did seem surprised that they were giving her award to her when she was handing out the award to the 15-year-old cancer survivor.

About Emma’s hair, as someone mentioned above, she isn’t starting filming until December. This isn’t to say that they’ll dye her hair brown again because it was pretty much blonde in OOTP, but the hair she has now is her own choice and not the hair departments’ choice.

She probably doesn’t start filming until December because she wants to get all of her college stuff done before she starts, and so it seems they are doing all the Dumbledore / Harry scenes first and possibly the scenes Harry only has with Ginny and Ron (because I think they have also started).

Avatar Image says:

That’s great. I watched the show last night and I was so moved by all the stories, especially the one about the flight attendent who saved a premature new born baby’s lfe on an aereplane.

Avatar Image says:

Sounds cool and I would watch it if I wasn’t in Computer Class. Jo totally deserves every award they give her.

Avatar Image says:

I’m still wiping tears away. i agree, Greymayne: Jo is so down-to-earth, it’s a pleasure to see her when she does make her brief appearances on TV.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with you guys, Jo is so down-to-earth, and she’s like SO gorgeous, it’s nice to see her being recognized. REALY hope they dye emma’s hair until december. But they probably won’t, anyway. not not good.

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic!! I had tears in my eyes watching this.

Posted by karen (the one without the avatar!) on October 11, 2007 @ 03:39 AM

Thanks karen. That is sad and sweet story.

Lovely video

And Emma watson’s version of Hermione’s been blonde since the second film. I seriously doubt they are is going to start adhering to canon after all this time.

Avatar Image says:

Emma looked gorgeous as usual. I think it was a really smart idea to get Emma to present the award to JKR since she plays the character that is based on JK Rowling herself. JK Rowling looked sexy, go JO! She definitely deserved this award.

Avatar Image says:

I think Emma’s hair looked darker than it did at the National movie awards, maybe because it was straight, but whatever.

Write a Reply or Comment