Filming Underway in Scottish Highlands for “Half-Blood Prince”

112

Oct 11, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There is news today that filming is underway once again in the beautiful highlands of Scotland for scenes to be seen in the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” movie. Lochaber-news.co.uk reports that “cameras have been rolling at Loch Arkaig, in “Commando Country”, bordered by Achnacarry and Glenspean. An airborne film unit, and cameramen aboard a fish farm boat have been shooting computer-enhanced sequences, above and on the loch.”

The paper also reports scenes involving the Hogwart’s Express were filmed over the weekend as 100 students from Lochaber High School in Fort William were “apprentice witches and warlocks” as extras for squences involving the train on the way to Hogwarts. The paper reports:

The adolescent extras are mainly 17-year-olds, emphasising the fact that the hero, Harry, has grown up over the years. On Saturday and Sunday mornings, the excited youngsters boarded Hogwart’s Express at Spean Bridge station. But the windows of the blood-red coloured carriages, pulled by the Hogwart’s Castle steam engine, had had a makeover to simulate a covering of morning dew, which was more than matched by the early misty and wet conditions.

So the teenagers couldn’t wave out from the train as it pulled away from the platform. Hogwart’s was constantly in the sights of a helicopter-borne camera crew as it headed along the West Highland Line to bleak Rannoch Moor.

You can learn more about Loch Arkaig, here.

Thanks Radcakes fan!

21 Responses to Filming Underway in Scottish Highlands for “Half-Blood Prince”

Avatar Image says:

I am so exicted for this movie. How cool to get to play the extra witches and warlocks!

Scotland Is Theee Best! But I Would Say That Because I Live There..:) Lol..x

This is so awsome!

Avatar Image says:

yea!!!! We have filming news. Now we just need to see who Lavendar is! HBP is my 2nd favorite book. Next to DH. I cannot wait until we start getting pics.

Avatar Image says:

gladd tooo hearr flimingss underwaayy :) does ne1 have an idea on whos playing lavenderr brown .. im desperate to knoww!! xx

Avatar Image says:

that’s so cool that it is being filmed. i really can’t wait to see pics of the hbp movie,especially Emma Watson since i am so madly in love with her.Emma is so beautiful i want to marry her.i can’t wait to see certain scenes from the movie like Hermione and Harry in slughorn’s office,the harry dumbeldore meetings and so much more.

Avatar Image says:

Good to know there’ll be continuity. Interesting that the train was heading east from Spean Bridge towards Rannoch. There’s a believable theory that Jo imagines Hogsmeade based on Rannoch, the most deserted station in Britain.

And Loch Arkaig: I once drove most of the way along the loch-side road. It’s beautiful and was very quiet.

Avatar Image says:

that’s awesome i would love to go visit the spots it’s filmed.But more then that i would love to go on the set, and meet them all especially Emma Watson she is my idol and crush.

I wish I was an extra too bad I’m American :(

Avatar Image says:

Wow, I wish I were an extra. I’m glad there is more news about the sixth film. Maybe this will be the first of MANY set reports? Hopefully, anyway.

Avatar Image says:

You’re over emma watson lover. you should be emma watson obsessed.

Anyways, I love hearing something about HBP, my favorite book! And they’re filming the train scene. I hope they’ll show the Slug Club with Harry, Ginny and Neville and Harry’s first jealous moment

I would love to see and hear about Bat Bogey Hex as we failed to see it in OotP!

Avatar Image says:

I’m just glad that we’re already getting filming news about the film. Remember when OotP began filming, some of the first pics and news was when Dan was filming Snape’s Worst Memory and from then on there were pics every other weeks practically. I think as soon as the principle actors begin filming heavily we’ll start seeing more solid news and the first appearances of on-set pics.

And the cool thing to hear about this report is that they’re playing up the mist and the wet and the rain! They’re going with the dementors breeding story! That means there is the chance that The Other Minister will be included briefly for Scrimgeour’s intro since that’s where the story about the dementors breeding comes from, meaning Bill Nighy could be making his little cameo! I really hope they include Scrimgeour, just for five minutes, to introduce that story of the Ministry vs. Harry and the Order since the fall of the Ministry is SUCH a BIG COMPONENT OF THE FINAL BOOK!

Avatar Image says:

Michelle—That may not be true. Yates keeps background things in because he wants to keep in as much as he can. For example, Ron and Hermione had prefect badges in OoTP, yet there was no explaining. It is more of a shout out to fans. This could be a similar situation. Also, they can do the fall of the ministry without Scrimgeour and without Ministry vs. Harry since they already did Ministry vs. Harry in OoTP. That tone has already been established. It would just be redundant.

Avatar Image says:

i am so excited that they are filming again man lets keep thoughs movies going and do all seven rock on harry

Avatar Image says:

Wow…its exciting…cant wait for the movie to come out…and its barely started filming…lol but yeah i really cant wait for DH its my favorite book HBP is my second…they’ll both make awesome movies though.

Avatar Image says:

I wonder then if the filmed the scene on the train with draco?

DRACO DRACO DRACO

please he must be in this one LOADSSSS.

TRAIN SCENE TOO PLZZ _

Avatar Image says:

They had prefect badges??? I never noticed! Time to see the movie yet again-it’ll be the fourth time and I never saw them…Actually, why do they bother with the students,really? You can’t see them onscreen so it seems like a waste of money to me. But it’s great for the kids and definitely for the locals if it brings in the tourists so que sera, sera.

Gin Potter, lol! Agreed.

Avatar Image says:

Great to hear the news, but when will the world learn rules of apostrophes? Reading “Hogwart’s” all throughout that news article was so distressing. I’m tempted to write Lochaber News and tell them there is no such thing as a “Hogwart.” Rrrrr.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah film news!!! I am so excited for HBP and they’ve barely even begun filming. I do hope they include the whole tension between Scrimegeour and Harry though, well at least to show the scene at Christmas where Harry shows the Minster the scars on the back of his hand. How I love that! Can’t wait till we start getting some pictures

Avatar Image says:

EmmaWatsonLover: hey cool it, we get it you’re overly obsessed,and over the moon. Wanna marry her? Lots of people want to marry one of the actors and actress that make up The Trio judging by some over zealous expressions of admiration here. Don’t a lot of ordinary people wanna marry stars? Yeah they do. Do they actually get to marry them? Hell, no, except in their dreams :) Their chances are as likely as Harry and Voldemort becoming friends.

Write a Reply or Comment