More on Location Filming for “Half-Blood Prince”

114

Oct 25, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Last night, TLC had two reports (and photo) from readers who were in the village of Lacock, Wiltshire, England where crews are preparing to film some scenes for the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” They sent in their reports, noting that filming was due to begin tonight for the sixth Harry Potter movie, and the local paper now has two articles confirming this, as anticipation is high in the village for the arrival of actor Dan Radcliffe. The owner of the Lacock bakeryis interviewed, stating how open and honest crews from WB have been, saying “I have put on extra orders of cakes and treats for the crew who have been coming in every morning since they arrived. I am hoping Harry Potter will pop in himself and sample one of my pastries.”

The paper also has several photos of the preparation being done for the filiming which takes place starting tonight and runs through Saturday night. “They have also painted a number of houses a darker colour to make them appear more sinister to shoot scenes with the ghoulish Death Eaters.” As our report last night indicated there is work being done by the crews, and at this link you can see a photo of what we told you last night regarding a piece of lighting equipment that will be used to create ‘moonlight’

“The light will look like moonlight and it is made up of lots of smaller lights inside to give that strong effect.”People keep trying to guess what it is and what is going on.” It is thought that the bridge outside Cantax House was due to be flooded for the scene in which Harry Potter arrives looking for a new wizard tutor.”

Stay tuned, as we hope to have continuing reports from those in the area this week!
Thanks radcakesfan!

20 Responses to More on Location Filming for “Half-Blood Prince”

Avatar Image says:

It’s such a picturesque village too, and it will probably have many more people in it than actually live in the village lol.

It’s half term in England at the moment so many Dan fangirls will probably make the trip there to try and get a glimpse of him. I hope the waether’s nicer there than it is in London todat though.

Avatar Image says:

I hope in weather is better then here in NY. I feel like I’m living in a damp towel, but I shouldn’t complain, it will clear up soon. Anyway..hope filming goes well, and the fans get a treat.

Avatar Image says:

Sounds like a lot of fun. Having grown up, in the San Fernando Valley, we got kind of used to that kind of “attention” I hope y’all keep us, here on “the Other Side Of The Pond” posted! I know you will. And best of luck to the cast and crew. It’s not easy doing “night shoots”!I hope the weather stays good, too! Have at!!!

Avatar Image says:

wish everyone the best of luck with filming knowing that it always takes many shoots to get the “right” scene I do hope it stays decent weather but, I guess if it rains it will give more “mood” to the scenes too. My regards to our faithful gang Flittwick

Avatar Image says:

The weather’s pretty good here (I’m about 10 miles away from Lacock). It hasn’t rained in days and has been occasionally sunny. It’s cold though, I hope for their sake they’re not filming a summer scene!

OMG!!!!! i can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

death eaters? what the hell scene are they filming, then? i thought this was supposed to be the slughorn stuff…

Avatar Image says:

I agree Amy, I think the article writer was misinformed. This is either the Slughorn scene or the meeting between Snape, Narcissa and Bellatrix at Spinner’s End.

Avatar Image says:

Maybe they are filming both scenes in the same village?

Avatar Image says:

well, i thought about going to have a look, checked out the route on aamaps and i am 3hrs away! maybe not! hope you go and get a good look vorn

Avatar Image says:

This is exciting news, but I still can’t figure out what scene they’re shooting. Because the death eaters aren’t in any village scenes in the book, are they? Bellatrix and narcissa appear in Spinner’s End, but Harry isn’t there. And Harry and Dumbledore are in Slughorn’s village, but again no death eaters? Unless it’s a scene in the hogsmeade village, which is doubtful. But anyways, that pastry guy probably will get to serve Daniel aka Harry Potter because Dan seems like a pretty normal guy and he’s got to eat too.

Avatar Image says:

This isn’t Spinners End. It’s Horace Slughorn’s borrowed house. They added shrubs and bushes around the home to give it a wealthier look. It fits perfectly, the house is pretty large and lavish from the outside.

Avatar Image says:

@Sionwitch: I think you are correct, the house in this article is Slughorns, and then they are using another part of the town for Spinner’s End. A good theory, and cost effective. I think this is true because past articles have seen pictures of a smaller home being worked on, much much smaller than this one.

Avatar Image says:

To those of you who think its Spinner’s End- IT’S NOT! HELENA BONHAM CARTER IS FILMING IN SPRING ‘08! HONESTLY, DOESN’T ANYONE READ THE NEWS ARTICLES AROUND HERE???

Avatar Image says:

@gore: Your opinion was really reinforced with the use of capital letters. Anyway, they may not have her in the Spinner’s End scene. It is a possibility. You never really know what they will cut. o_O

Avatar Image says:

Actually, there IS a scene where Death Eaters are charging into a village, well not exactly the village but toward the village. Perhaps they’re shooting the flee from Hogwarts? It’s odd I know, because there’s no mention of Alan Rickman shooting there, and they mentioned Ralph Fiennes, so it’d be a little odd…but this could be the Hogsmeade Pensieve scene, it may just show more than in the book.

I’d like to think it’s going to Slughorn’s, but this recurring mention of DEs is suspect.

Avatar Image says:

Gore, chill. The reason people were wondering is because the article mentions Death Eaters.

If there are death eaters there, the production crew is probably taking liberty with the text again. Maybe they want to include a Chase scene with the Death Eaters (though I’m not sure how they;d do that since they’re supposed to be apparating). Maybe the writer messed up?

Avatar Image says:

@mollywobble: I think it’s more likely the rumors about Death Eaters being there is simply inaccurate.

Avatar Image says:

How about DH, folks. Ralph Fiennes, Death Eaters, yew hedges and statues, it sounds like chapter 1 of DH. Maybe Fiennes has some commitments further down the line so they are doing it now.

Avatar Image says:

Ralph Fiennes was rumored to be there, I am sure he’s not. In the latest post on Leaky, it is said there is 3 main cast that will be filming in Lacock. I assume that it is Jim Broadbent, Michael Gambon and Dan Radcliffe. I think all the Death Eater stuff was an inaccurate rumor spread in one of the articles.

Write a Reply or Comment