114

Oct 26, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Night two of filming on location for the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” continues in the village of Lacock, Wiltshire, England. TLC reader Lizzie sent in some additional photos from the scene, including one of a sign indicating it is “The Babberton Arms.” The signs and the like are all part of the efforts being made by Warner Brothers to create the village of Budleigh Babberton, which readers will remember is the village where Horace Slughorn is residing before Professor Dumbledore and Harry arrive to encourage him to return to teaching at Hogwarts. You can see the rest of the new photos, as well as our entire collection of photos from filming in Lacock, here in our galleries.

UPDATE 3: Dedicated fan Georgie returned tonight to the filming in Lacock, and let us know that they did in fact, film a scene (at 3:30 am no less!) when Harry and Dumbledore walk down the street, traveling past the “Babberton Arms” with this same sign hanging in the store front. She was unable to hear all the dialogue unfortunately, and missed the autograph signings the actors did for the gathered fans, but reports that WB crews very kindly brought out signed photos of Dan Radcliffe for everyone. Georgie also says that actor James Phelps (Fred Weasley) is pulling double duty in the sense he is taking on some crew duties in “Half-Blood Prince” as he is gaining experience for a future career behind the camera as well as in front of the camera. Thanks very much Georgie!

Update 1: Reader Bobbie sent in some new photos of actor Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore) taking time out and patiently signing autographs for fans at the filming. Thanks Bobbie!

Update 2: As TLC first reported yesterday, actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Michael Gambon (Prof. Dumbledore) were on set filming scenes set outside of Slughorn’s home for “Half-Blood Prince.” In addition to the photos of Michael Gambon above, celebrity gossip site JustJared.com now has photos showing Dan Radcliffe on set, wearing the jacket and other attire we reported on previously.

As always, anyone who is in the area while filming is ongoing for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, please send in your reports and photos! Thanks Lizzie!

27 Responses to Updated: New “Half-Blood Prince” Location Filming Photos From Lacock, Including “The Babberton Arms” Sign

Avatar Image says:

The Lamont clan motto is “Ne parcas nec spernas” which means “Neither spare nor dispose”. This appears on the crest on the Babberton Arms sign.

Interesting!

Avatar Image says:

“Umm…what’s Babberton Arms? Wasn’t the name of the town Slughorn was in Budderly Babberton? Or is this something different?”

Well yes, but this is most likely a sign for a pub as signs for towns in England rarely look like that :D

Avatar Image says:

soryy to break the Babberton things but does anyone know wether harry potter will be filmed in durham, north Yorkshire or anywhere like that?

Avatar Image says:

I was there last night !! Left at midnight, and apparantly if we had stayed half hour longer, we’d have been let onto the set!!! grrr!!! ... I wanted to tonight, but can’t.. :(... Was anyone else there last night ??

Kellie x

Dumbledore rocks!

the link doesn’t work…

Avatar Image says:

Kellie, that’s so awesome!

Is it just my computer, or is everyone else’s link to the JustJared site not working?

Avatar Image says:

If that’s the jacket Harry’s wearing for the movie, it’s kind of an interesting choice. Feels very old and wizardish, like he’s starting to embrace the lifestyle.

If it’s just a jacket he’s wearing to cover his regular costume… well… that’s just a very cool jacket anyway.

Avatar Image says:

I was there tonight! Only stayed till bout 9, it was SO cold. Althogh did see the actor who plays either Fred or George Weasly! (which I can’t be sure!). Anyone know what they were filming? or who else was on set?

Avatar Image says:

Well, considering Gambon’s wearing a modern jacket too instead of a Dumbledore-ish wizard cloak, and both leads are not wearing glasses, I’m guessing it’s very cold and a little wet where they are, and they were not exactly shooting the film at the moment when the pix were taken (possibly a run-through beforehand).

Ohhh man I’m sooo excited! And yay for Dan’s h—-! lol, I had to, it made me only too happy (perfect length!). ;P

Avatar Image says:

Why has Dumbledore suddenly stopped wearing glasses?

He wore them at the beginning of Ootp and then lost them towards the middle and never had them again.

And now in these pics he, again, is without his spectacles…

Avatar Image says:

The guy that plays Dumbledore’s double, looks more like Dumbledore than Gambon does.

Avatar Image says:

Whilst I am delighted by the snippets of information from Lacock, I am less keen on photos that are just so poor in quality that they aren’t worth showing.

Avatar Image says:

@Ian: No way, the double looks like a dirty Santa.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah for The messy hair! Harry Potter has gotten his hair back! :D WOOHOO!

Avatar Image says:

I’m so happy they are filming these scenes!! I thought they would cut all this plot! Also Dan’s hair looks perfect for Harry! long and messy, very well! I just hope Michael Gambon will do a better job in this one!

Avatar Image says:

Cold? I wish I was there it has been in the 90’s here in hot Ol Florida but really I wish I was there to see the filming.

Avatar Image says:

Why does the sign have a Gryffindor logo? Silly WB.

Avatar Image says:

Graymayne, bite your tongue! Any pictures are gratefully received by this fan! I want anything, any tidbit. Dan looks absolutely gorgeous. Regarding the Weasley twin, I know one of them was working in a behind the scenes position, as they weren’t needed a lot. Actually in one of the pics, it looks like the actor playing percy, anyone else see?

Avatar Image says:

No updates?! The local newspaper near says they are filming a scene tonight of Harry being chased along the road. What scene is that?

Avatar Image says:

Breana The lion on the coat of arms is simply a heraldic symbol in quite common use. It is not exclusive to Gryffindor or JK.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t like Dan’s hair, its just as short as it was in OOTP. Why can’t they do it like it was in POA?!

Avatar Image says:

I am so excited, I don’t know what to say,everything starts again and I’m so happy about that!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I was there last night! We had a great time and spent most of the night in the doorway to the pub watching Daniel and Michael film a scene near the war memorial they had put up. The Daniel that someone mentioned with long hair was a double, as we saw Dan at the autograph signing and he has short hair and is also a lot shorter than I imagined.

Avatar Image says:

Daniel/Harry looks really good with this new hairdo…he’s neither nerdish (Ootp) nor awful (GoF)...but ginny is right: why don’t they do it like in PoA????

Avatar Image says:

Because Dan won’t wear a wig and hair doesn’t magically grow 1 and half in a month. He looks fine. Move on.

Write a Reply or Comment