The Dark Lord: Back in Black

123

Oct 30, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Every girl is crazy about.. a sharp dressed Dark Lord? Well, it may not quite be what we normally think of as a sharp dressed man, but the Tonner Doll company is releasing a new Lord Voldemort Doll, complete with his black designer suit he sported in a scene from “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.” The doll, based on actor Ralph Fiennes as he portrays the Dark Lord in the Harry Potter films, is limited to 150 in number and is available ($150.00 USD) for pre-order here via FAO Schwarz. The description of the doll says “he wears a black twill suit, complete with black dress shirt, black waistcoat, tie, black knit socks, and molded shoes to and an appropriately sinister expression, captured in evil detail by Robert Tonner. He also holds a wand, which is crafted in resin with hand-painted details. With 13 points of articulation, you can display him in many poses with the included display stand.” You can also see a larger photo of the stylin’ Dark Lord here in our galleries.
Thanks Curt!

28 Responses to The Dark Lord: Back in Black

Avatar Image says:

Wow…that’s one of the ugliest dolls I think I’ve ever seen. And not in the way he’s supposed to be repellent, either. Ah well, won’t be on my Christmas list. :\

Avatar Image says:

Makes you wonder… would Voldemort EVER wear a Muggle suit? I think not.

Avatar Image says:

Awful. Marissa, I am with you. I wouldn’t pay a cent of euro for it. It’s very ugly XD

Avatar Image says:

LOLOLOLOL I see many fantastic captions in that picture’s future. Wtf are these people thinking? xD I want to know what the OotP movie people were thinking too when they put that part in x)).

Avatar Image says:

Yea I always wonder why he was in a suit during that scene in the movie??

Avatar Image says:

I’m at least a little creeped out by anyone who would want it . . . except to burn it . . . can you imagine? “Here’s your new doll, Susie! Now you can cuddle with Voldy every night before you go to sleep!” [shudder]

Avatar Image says:

Now that’s just ridiculous. Voldie wears Prada.

Avatar Image says:

hahaha Voldie wears prada! I don’t think this doll looks much like Fienes at all, but maybe its a bad pic… anywho, not one I’ll be rushing out to buy

Avatar Image says:

Er, he’s in a suit in that scene because everyone around Harry was in normal, muggle clothes. I thought it made for a creepy look… but alas, I would not want a doll version O___o

Avatar Image says:

woohoo to the movie franchise! making wizards dress like muggles since 2003.

Avatar Image says:

I’m mortified that Voldemort is apparently bringin sexy back.

Dear Santa,

I’ve been a good girl. -Me

Avatar Image says:

I would totally buy it if I had extra cash just for the lulz.

I’m a little peeved we’re getting so much merchandise for the baddies (Voldemort is a bit more understandable than Bellatrix, Lucius, and random Death Eater #16) and almost none for popular characters like Neville and Luna. Plus stuff like Moody’s staff? I know the baddies are popular, but it’s getting a bit excessive.

Avatar Image says:

Guys, simple explanation for the suit. Voldemort is a mutha-effing P-I-M-P.

Personally, I like the look. He’s truly a villian for the new age, eschewing traditional notions of masculinity. Today’s overloard not only has has to be thoroughly evil and soulless, but he also wants to portray a certain air of sophistication. Whether in the boardroom or the dungeons, he wants a look that says ‘when I’m not making a living torturing innocent Muggles and plotting a new world order, I’m sitting catwalk-side at Armani’s latest.’

Avatar Image says:

Wow, if that isn’t a must-have, I don’t know what is. LOLZ!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah it is funny though Voldie in a suit. I don’t know if i would want a Voldie figure anyway. I would love to have a Bonnie figure.

Avatar Image says:

I guess he was in a muggle outfit, cause he wasn’t trying to stand out. But he’s Voldemort of course he is going to stand out,cause he looks totally different then everyone else:p lol.

Avatar Image says:

The Voldy Wears Prada is haunting us! Why….oh please why?

Avatar Image says:

Yeah Voldie wears Prada is haunting us. That is one freaky figure. That would probably scare you during the night. You’re sleeping all of a sudden you wake up and Voldie is looking at you in his Prada gear:p lol. Complete nightmare and freaky.

I’m gonna get him. o.o Very debonaire. :P

Avatar Image says:

Wow. I think it would be better if they put him in the robes he was wearing in GoF in the graveyard scene. He looks like he’s dressed for a fancy dinner or something ;)

Avatar Image says:

Wow. That is incredibly disturbing. I mean, why, oh why did they put him in a suit? I mean, are they trying to make him look attractive or something? Because that is wrong on so many levels.

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm, stylish! I don’t think Voldemort would be pleased with this doll.

Yeah, Kelly, I noticed that too when I was shopping in our local supermarket – there was loads of Death Eater stuff and one Moody action figure. Maybe it’s a conspiracy… >.>

Avatar Image says:

Oh man, this is just too ridiculous for words! hee hee. You know what though? If I had extra cash I would totally buy this just for the LOLs. ;D

Avatar Image says:

Voldemort only wears a muggle suit in Harry’s imagination, at King’s Cross in OotP.

Book Voldemort would never wear “black knit socks!”

Avatar Image says:

urgh. i don’t like voldy in a suit. it’s weird, and i don’t think it looks as scary. :/

Avatar Image says:

Yeah now that i look at the pic again it does look kind of weird. Voldie’s head looks to big for his body here lol. I wish they had realistic Bonnie looking figure. Does anyone know if Bonnie Wright is single?

Avatar Image says:

in OotP, while watching that scene, I was truly creeped out by Fiennes as Voldy… he looked all “debonair” tom riddle-like, smooth, almost handsome and “striking” aside from the voldy-snake-face, lol I think it was supposed to completely throw Harry off, seeing him like that – in the suit- & make him completely think he’s losing it… and was meant to make us all kinda do the “tilt head to the side confusedly while saying ‘HUH?!’” thing, lol… but yeah this “doll” ugh NOT at all the voldy (wers prada hahaha love it!!!) I described a few lines above….. it’s ugly and creepy looking (but not in a semi-sorta hot Ralph Fiennes sorta way either!!

Write a Reply or Comment