Natalia Tena to Return as Tonks for “Half-Blood Prince”

119

Oct 31, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

While there has not yet been an official press release from Warner Brothers regarding the cast of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film which is already in production, there is word today of another actor returning to the series. Actress Natalia Tena is set to reprise her role as the Auror Tonks in the sixth film, as noted in the Belfast Telegraph today. Natalia is due to appear in Belfast on Saturday, November 10 at a Harry Potter festival, where she will meet with fans and sign autographs. The paper notes that the “next morning Natalia has to catch an early flight back to London to play Tonks once more, this time in the new production Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which will be screened in Belfast in a year’s time.”

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in movie theaters November 21, 2008.

24 Responses to Natalia Tena to Return as Tonks for “Half-Blood Prince”

Avatar Image says:

I actually liked this actress in the role – she did a great job with all 30 seconds of screen time! Like most of the terrific adult actors in the HP movies, she really is underutilized. I’ve seen her in other roles and she’s a terrific actress.

So I’m happy to say, “Welcome back, Natalia”.

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait for Phoenix – the event she’s appearing at at Belfast! I’m really pleased she agreed to do it, we don’t usually get things like this – now if they could only get the Weasley twins to come it would be perfect.

Avatar Image says:

yay! I <3 her as Tonks... Tonks is one of my fav. characters so I'm glad they got a great actress for her part and I'm really glad she decided to come back

Avatar Image says:

See, the interview and now the festival appearance confirms Natalia’s return as Tonks! Can’t wait for HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Freaking awesome..but why does this seem old news to me? I guess I just expected her to come back, no way she wasn’t, WB would’ve had to deal with me and my evil peals. XD

Avatar Image says:

I actually thought she was BRILLIANT as Tonks! She totally surprised me, cause from pictures, etc, she totally wasn’t the Tonks I had imagined. But I loved her!! You’re right, if she can make an impression with pretty much only 30 seconds of screen time, she is pretty awesome. Only thing is, Tonks is gloomy throughout most of HBP, so since they most likely won’t bother touching on the relationship issues with Tonks/Sirius and Tonks/Lupin, I personally wouldn’t mind if they left her cheerful & strange & funny.

Avatar Image says:

I love her as Tonks! I hope they keep the romance with Remus in this one properly!! We knew though that she was back months ago! It was in some interview with Associated Press-im sure fan sites reported that back then too! Anyway hopefully casting news this weekend from the DVD Press Junket!

Avatar Image says:

MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER IN BELFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s great i can’t wait for HBP to come i’d love to see the scene in the Hospital Wing!! That news was really useful!!!!!!!! But where in Belfast? i wanna go i wanna go!!

Avatar Image says:

Is Remus gonna be there? Cuz if he will…... I WONT MISS IT!!

Avatar Image says:

I really liked her as Tonks also. She did great for the samll amount of time she had. I was a little sad about the hair not being pink but when they explained that they did not use pink for Tonk’s hair because of all the pink for Umbridge I totally understood.

Avatar Image says:

Bah! Anna Friel would have been so much better as Tonks! I really don’t like Natalia in the role.

Avatar Image says:

Despite only having 3 lines in OOTP, she was really good. When I told my brother that Tonks dies in DH, he was upset because he liked her in the film.

Avatar Image says:

WOOT! Natalia Tena was one of the best parts about the film and I’m so, SO happy she’ll be returning. It helps me hold onto hope that the HBP RL/NT end scene will get put into the movie. crosses fingers

Avatar Image says:

I loved Natalia as Tonks! She was amazing! Welcome back!

Avatar Image says:

Cool! Natalina was good as Tonks!

Avatar Image says:

She was only in the movie briefly, and I didn’t really like how she got so angry at one little use of her full name. It was supposed to be kind of funny in the books, I thought…

But I’ve heard good things about her as an actress, so I guess I’m looking forward to her coming back.

Meh.

Avatar Image says:

Still kind of astounded at the expectations for ‘romance’ between Tonks and Remus to appear on screen. All the supposed romance was done off page. All that we got on page was the weirdness of the relationship and Remus being miserable. Sounds like a lot of fans reading fan fiction into canon.

Meh, still bitter that Tonks couldn’t have been brought in as a solid female order without being made into a love interest. At the end it seemed her primary reason for being in the series was to be a dead wife and mother. Molly’s the one who proves you can be a housewife and/or mother and still kick ass, and she did it better.

-solid female order *member

Avatar Image says:

yay! I knew she most likely would be back, but this is also great because it means that Tonks will have a role in the 6th movie squee. I wish I could go to Belfast lol. Can’t wait to see the filming pics!

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool, that she is back. But i am waiting for when Bonnie starts filming. I also can’t wait for the OOTP dvd see what is on there for bonus features. Does anyone know if they are going to have interviews with the cast?

Avatar Image says:

Well i am off for now ciao.

Avatar Image says:

I am trying to get my new avatar on there and it keeps going up as my old one. Can anyone see if my new one is up, it’s suppose to be Bonnie from the OOTP London premiere?

Avatar Image says:

I guess it’s still not working.

Write a Reply or Comment