David Heyman Talks Harry Potter Cast and the Future

122

Oct 05, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Harry Potter producer David Heyman is the subject of a new feature in Variety. In this new interview, David Heyman discusses various cast members of the Harry Potter films, mentioning both the acclaimed adult actors he has in his films, but also the younger actors. Saying he is equally proud of all members of his cast, including those who may not always get the spotlight some of the cast does, the article states:

“David Heyman, who’s produced the five “Potter” films to date and expects to finish the series by 2010, is quite aware of the budding talent populating the franchise—and he doesn’t just mean Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint. He’s just as proud of Sean Biggerstaff, Tom Felton and Devon Murray.

“The smallest part is treated with the same attention and care as the lead roles,” he says. “Not just in the casting, but also the directing.”

Mr. Heyman continues on to discuss the level of talent found in the developing younger actors such as Dan Radcliffe, noting he will not hold back the young actor who has been branching out in various other projects such as “Equus.” “You don’t put a stranglehold on an ambitious young actor who wants to stretch” he notes, also saying that the Harry Potter films provide a platform for the actors to spread their wings and develop as talented performers.

“If they become that,” Heyman says, “it’s because of their commitment and curiosity to develop their craft. We’ve given them the platform, but they’re here because they’re good.”

One reason Heyman’s young actors are so good is the master class that results from tyro thesps playing opposite past masters. “They’re learning by doing and also by watching,” acknowledges Heyman. “Dan, for instance, has talked about what he’s learned from Gary Oldman. The older actors are quite generous.”

11 Responses to David Heyman Talks Harry Potter Cast and the Future

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for all th news today Leaky, You guys are so efficient and Proffessional

Avatar Image says:

“We’ve given them the platform, but they’re here because they’re good.”

i like this one.

Avatar Image says:

It really is awesome to see how much everyone on that set likes each other. You know, you hear of movies where the actors are thrilled to be done with it and never see their co-stars again…but in HP, its different. They all have a wonderful relationship, and not just between the actors/actresses young and old, but also between the directors, crew, and other important people with the actors themselves. I mean, after all, who wants a lame-o, boring, “I’d rather not be here” director or a retarded, “Oh why the heck did i sponsor this movie” producer. It’s a lot of fun to watch the comradery of all of them, especially the trio. So well done all!

Amy

Avatar Image says:

I love this. David Heyman has done such a good job with everything, just as everyone in the harry potter franchise.

Love it.

Avatar Image says:

I glad this interview was very accurate in talking about budding talent in Dan. Everyone always predicts Emma to have a huge career because she’s gorgeous and charismatic, but really, lacking in talent compared to Dan, who isn’t great, but improving immensley. I like Rupert, too, but I don’t see either him having a huge acting career.

Avatar Image says:

I agree, with my fellow posters, here. It is very refreshing to hear that a Producer cares about his cast and crew. As an actress, it is very reasuring to have someone who’s “been around” to work with. But it’s also good to know that your Directors and producers appreciate all the work that goes into a performance. As was said, at the begining of said piece, “no matter how small”. My drama coach always said: “There are no small parts, just small actors” I really look forward to seeing how this all works out!

Avatar Image says:

David Heyman is absolutley right!!!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

i think david heyman is absoulty right….....n i think he done a really gud job…......n in HP they all have a really gud realtionship…...keep it up…....

Avatar Image says:

Awww…He’s so nice. :)

Avatar Image says:

I agree with david. I soooo agree. Sean, amazing talent. Tom, very good actor. Devon, nice acting ability. How I wish Tom gets the recognition he deserve.

Avatar Image says:

me too, ishsheruni ¬_¬ I’m sure he will after this next film.

Write a Reply or Comment