204

Nov 10, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD is set to be released this week, Australian paper The Sunday Herald Sun has now posted a lengthy feature on Harry Potter, featuring nine new video interviews with cast and crew from the fifth Harry Potter film. At the links below, you can watch new interviews with Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom( Katie Leung (Cho Chang), Imelda Staunton (Professor Umbridge), OotP Director David Yates and producer David Heyman. Among the many tidbits, Matt Lewis says in addition to acting in the movie, he worked as an assistant director on OotP, David Yates describes a bit more on the editing feature found on the DVD extras, and actress Imelda Staunton says she hopes to return in film seven as Umbridge for “Deathly Hallows.” Many thanks to Sam and the Herald Sun for this. Enjoy!

• Rupert Grint Interview: Medium WMP, Small WMP
  • Dan Radcliffe Interview: Medium WMP, Small WMP
  • Emma Watson Interview: Medium WMP, Small WMP
  • Evanna Lynch and Bonnie Wright Interview: Medium WMP, Small WMP
  • Katie Leung Interview: Medium WMP, Small WMP
  • Matt Lewis Interview: Medium WMP, Small WMP
  • Imelda Staunton Interview: Medium WMP, Small WMP
  • David Heyman Interview: Medium WMP, Small WMP
  • David YatesInterview

• 46 Responses to Herald Sun Feature On Harry Potter: New Video Interviews with Trio, Evanna Lynch, Bonnie Wright, Matt Lewis, Katie Leung and More

Avatar Image says:

Oooh yay! Am off to watch them now! Can’t wait to hear Bonnie’s interview, she doesn’t get enough press… (though something tells me that’s about to change now that they’re filming HBP! teehee)

Avatar Image says:

This guy should really prepare his intervieuws better. Dan is stuttering as much as in his intervieuw with parkinson and it’s really anoying.

Avatar Image says:

Can anyone explain the little red pins that a lot of them are wearing? I’m interested in finding out the meaning… thanks :)

Matt Lewis looks so old!

Avatar Image says:

Amy S. – those red pins I think are poppies worn in honor of Remembrance Day.

Is anyone else having trouble watching the interviews?

Avatar Image says:

The red pin things are poppies to remember everyone that’s died in a war all over the world, it started with the 1st world war.

Avatar Image says:

Interesting. The poppies seem to suggest that these interviews were done on set fairly recently. So this might mean Evanna is back for HBP. Also Cho returns which surprises me a bit. Her book role was really small.

Avatar Image says:

Evanna looks so sad,don’t you think?

Avatar Image says:

Thank you Kookle. I do feel silly for not knowing that before…

Nimbus xl, these are from the DVD Press Junket that was done last Saturday (November 3rd). They weren’t filming on that day, so the actors being present for this doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to be in HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic interviews, to me Neville looks so different in reality -really well done everybody thanks for “the clips”.

Avatar Image says:

The bit where Evanna talks about Luna in the sixth film and then realizes that she was supposed to talk about her in the fifth film was cute. I’m not complaining though ‘cause I’d much rather hear about their characters in the sixth film.

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone else think that it’s odd that they always interview Evanna and Bonnie together? It also seems like when they do this, they really blow off Evanna Lynch and focus more on Bonnie. Kind of rude.

Avatar Image says:

Finally some cool news! Is this on YouTube? The videos aren’t working for me! :(

Avatar Image says:

aw, look at Matt Lewis. Can we just skip the hbp movie and have Deathly Hallows now? I wanna see him lead the DA and lop off a snakey-head!

These are great clips.

I’ve always thought Matt Lewis is the best actor of the lot. If I do say so myself, he looks hot in the clip! :D

Avatar Image says:

The questions the interviewer asked were really good

Avatar Image says:

The questions weren’t bad but I would have liked to hear more about the filming of HBP. I’m liking Bonnie’s hair more and more. She’s growing out her fringe! And Dan’s hair looks like it did during the PoA era. I’m sorry for bringing up the H-word, but they look good!

Avatar Image says:

@marissa, RE:Anyone else having trouble…. YEP! But I think that’s only because my system won’t pick up MOST UK transmissions…Sometimes, it does. Sometimes, it doesn’t. (Usually, not when I need it! Like NOW) ;<

Avatar Image says:

Marissa, the point of these interviews was to promote the OOTP DVD so that’s why we’re not hearing much about HBP. And I agree about Bonnie’s fringe! SO much better now! I’m honestly relieved, I was getting a bit nervous after seeing pics of her in July…

Avatar Image says:

Keep trying. It took me awhile but I got them to load eventually.

Avatar Image says:

Evanna has already been confirmed to be back. And, yes, people, we knew that Spinner’s End was happening before McCrory’s casting. Duh, Bonham Carter siad she was filming in Spring 08 and that’s her only scene in the book…

Avatar Image says:

I can’t hear a thing. My computer’s volume is up and the player’s volume is up, so WHAT’S WRONG? I want to listen to those interviews, dang it!

Avatar Image says:

is your computer on mute?

Avatar Image says:

I do think it’s odd that Bonnie and Evanna got a joint interview again, especially as Matt and Katie got to each have their own.

All in all, though, the interviews were rather good. The interviewer seemed to know what she was talking about, which was nice.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s definately my system. But, maybe, TLC can shoot us another link??? How ‘bout it?

WHAT?

we didn’t get to hear evanna’s thoughts about DH!!!

Avatar Image says:

No, everythings working. Something’s wrong with the audio, ‘cause other people are having troubles with the vid too.

Can someone PLEASE put them on Youtube or something?!

Avatar Image says:

WOW!!! amazing interviews!!! was soooooooooo sweet when emma was talkin about her sisters in ballet shoes!!!

Avatar Image says:

Matt Lewis just gets HOTTER and HOTTER!!!

Avatar Image says:

I can get ‘YouTube’! I never thought of that! YES PLEASE…..what helena123 said! Can someone put it on YouTube?! Give a “holler”, if you do! :)

Avatar Image says:

They won’t load for me either so YouTube postings and/or any suggestions for fixing it are highly appreciated. I see a Loading bar after which nothing happens.

Avatar Image says:

Matt is looking better. I actually felt Emma’s interview was interesting this time. Usually not to much of a fan. I love Evanna, wish she had her own interview. Too bad she had to share time with Bonnie, who is looking awful nowadays. Who cares about the fringe when I can’t figure out what is going on with her face. Plus she doesn’t come off as too intelligent, Evanna is far more interesting to listen to.

Avatar Image says:

I suppose these interviews were made recently. Which means this is how they will look in HBP, and that’s grat because I really really like how Dan looks, I love his hair. And I have to admit he is still the one who gives better interviews, he is the one who looks more confortable, like he is just speaking with a friend. The others young actors don’t look very natural.

Avatar Image says:

In case anyone’s as stupid as me, my problem was simply due to using Firefox. The videos won’t play on Firefox but are fine on IE. Hopefully that will help someone. I’m so excited seeing these interviews, I think it’s great that the press is starting.

Avatar Image says:

awww matt lewis is so awesome getting rob pattinson cornflakes (diva moment much lol) ;)

Avatar Image says:

@beth: “IE”??? I don’t know what that is, but I’m sure my hubbie does. He get’s home, around midnight, so I’ll get it from him. HE lets me do my ‘Harry Potter’ thing, and he LOVES all the books. He even watched the DVD trailer, on TV, at work! (It was on CNN! Can you believe that?) I can’t wait! Thanks, beth! Yer a doll!

Avatar Image says:

Kamion—I don’t want to come off as sounding rude, but sometimes people can’t help it when they stutter.

Sorry, it’s a sore subject for me.

Avatar Image says:

Evanna looked really cute this time round. The best looking (dress wise) out of all of them—including Katie, which is strange since she’s the best dressed, usually.

I love Dan… he’s always such a talker. And ever so polite, shaking the woman’s hand afterwards.

Avatar Image says:

The interviewer called Bonnie “the envy of the world” and you can tell it’s true judging from certain catty comments on here. coughSamcough

Bonnie looked beautiful and I am SO looking forward to her having a larger role. Finally! I hope to hear and see much more from her in the coming months.

Avatar Image says:

The youtube thing?.. I seriously need that too. When I tried to watch the video it uploaded a few seconds at a time so i really couldn’t udnerstand what it was about and I couldn’t go back and start it from the beginning to watch it all. I have extremely slow dial-up so all that works it youtube and that even takes half an hour to load for at least three minutes of footage!. Youtube!!!

I am in Australia and I can’t even get the things to load! Stuuuuuuuuupid

Avatar Image says:

I never got to see the David Yates one, poo, and how cool does Evanna look!

Avatar Image says:

I think that Bonnie and Evanna probably got a joint interview because they were stationed in the same room (that’s just a guess, really). Emma was stationed in Dumbledore’s office by herself, for example.

I like Bonnie’s fringe.

Avatar Image says:

Here’s the Bonnie/Evanna interview on YouTube http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pTVwXVXN2aM

Avatar Image says:

Blimey, you lot really OVER analyse the most trivial things, don’t you? Who cares if Bonnie and Evanna were in the same room, as long as we got to hear from them. What’s happening is that we’re playing favourites, and are pitting the cast up against each other based on who we prefer.

By now, after 5 films we should realise that the main Trio get primary focus, then the rest in terms of who the media find the most interesting.

Bonnie probably won’t get any more publicity than what Katie Leung got around the GOF era, and Katie’s publicity was because she was playing Harry’s first love interest.

Most of us here have wanted Ginny to be more prominent in the films, and for Bonnie to get a bit more limelight, but we might have to face up to the fact that she may not. But the world will still turn.

Write a Reply or Comment