Translated “Deathly Hallows” Released in Brazil

112

Nov 10, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Readers in Brazil are now able to get their hands on the translated edition of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” as the seventh book in the series by author J. K. Rowling was released today. This edition, published by Editora Rocco, was translated by Lia Wyler and will contain 592 pages. The cover art for this edition we showed you previously, can be found in our Image Galleries.

Many thanks to Potterish and Oclumencia for owling!

16 Responses to Translated “Deathly Hallows” Released in Brazil

Avatar Image says:

Cool! Is it just me or was this faster than HBP?

Avatar Image says:

I mean in how fast it was released there.

Avatar Image says:

i personally love the series-but book # 7 leaves you with questions.

Avatar Image says:

Ahaha, tadinha da Lya Wyler.

Yayyy, my collection is compleeete.

Avatar Image says:

You, american, one reason to fell good about yourself today: The elder Wand was translated as “the wands of the wands”

...

Avatar Image says:

have a great time reading the deathly hallows brazil!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I wasn’t going to buy the book, but my godmother is going to give it to me. The Brazilian books suck ¬¬ I just hope she hasn’t translated Potterwatch into Relógio de Pulso Potter T.T

Avatar Image says:

Oh my, you people are making me scared to read the translation (first time I don’t start reading as soon as I got my hands on the book, stupid exams). But come on, Jo Rowling said she reads and likes Lia Wyler’s translation, so.

Just came back from PotterFest, people said it was a big midnight yesterday.

Avatar Image says:

“¬¬ I just hope she hasn’t translated Potterwatch into Relógio de Pulso Potter T.T”

LOL!

I’ve given up buying the brazilian versions back when chamber of secrets (camara secreta) came out. Mind you, it could be quite funny at times… better to laugh than to cry, eh?

Avatar Image says:

“About the Elder Wand, I think she was inspired in herself when she translated it, ‘cause she’s the “anta das antas” ¬¬”

‘ear! ‘ear! The best part of the hole thing is Harry wanting to grap bathilda’s ass. gosh, I HATE that woman!

Avatar Image says:

oh. same cover art with the US. oh. why?

Avatar Image says:

the book is amazing, the translation isn’t bad. I mean, If you want to read in the very same way as j.k. wrote, just learn english and go ahead, but Lia Wyler did a nice work. not amazing, but good.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Pat. if you want to read it in english, go ahead and read it. but don’t keep making fun with her translation. you have to understand: all the translations suck! it’s never the same as in english, because they’re two different languages and she HAS to translate in a way people here in brazil who don’t speak english understand! so cut this off.

Avatar Image says:

I dont’t rhink Lia Wyler’s traslation is bad. She doesn’t have enough time to translate the book how the brazilian fans want. POR ISSO, OBRIGADO LIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

“I agree with Pat. if you want to read it in english, go ahead and read it.” We already do! Mas não é pedir demais uma edição decentemente traduzida na nossa língua pátria? “all the translations suck! it’s never the same as in english” I don’t expect it to be either. Nooo, not all the translations suck! Want a list of decent ones?

Write a Reply or Comment