“Order of the Phoenix” DVD Ready for Pre-Order Here in US

223

Nov 14, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

For weeks now scores of readers have emailed asking when the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD would be available for pre-order from our Cauldron Shop. While the DVD has been ready for pre-order from a few stores here in the States, today major online retailers such as Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble have made the long awaited disc available for pre-order to customers. If you would like to order via our Cauldron Shop, you can do so via the following links:

• Two-Disc Special Edition
  • Wide Screen Single Disc Edition
  • Full Screen Single Disc Edition
  • Blu-Ray High Definition Edition
  • Combo Standard/HD DVD Edition

• 24 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” DVD Ready for Pre-Order Here in US

Avatar Image says:

woohoo!!! can’t wait to get it!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I got mine today.. and i got this bonus dvd (so a 2dvd special edition PLUS a bonus dvd) with it.. on it, it has 21 minutes of behind the scenes footage…

just awesome..

Avatar Image says:

Would it be wrong of me to say i already have it! It is good tho, i like the Magic secrets of Harry Potter documentary, I know having read the final book we all know what happens but its nice to see the development of the series in movie form, especially when they talk of the devlopment of Neville, cant wait to see him kick arse in Deathly Hallows movie

Avatar Image says:

No its not wrong for you to say you have it already, though I can envy you a touch, I am not sure why they decided to release it a month later in the US. Annoying but, hey Happy Birthday to me when it comes out.

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to get this next month!!!

Avatar Image says:

Ahh the lumos at the end of the tunnel for US fans! Walmart also has it available for pre-order as well. Can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

I have a question for those of you who have pre-ordered online in the past: when do the DVDs normally arrive? Should I expect it on December 11th or would it be later? I’ve never pre-ordered before because I’m always worried the DVDs will be late, and when it comes to HP I hate waiting! :P

Avatar Image says:

Amy, When I pre-ordered GOF DVD it actually came on Saturday before the release date. The thing about the OOTP DVD is that it is coming out at the worst time of the year for the post office to get things to you fast. December mailing is not always on time with the christmas rush and all.

Avatar Image says:

In Argentina we have the dvd since october 31st, and it’s amazin, what is more we recived the dvd interactive game for free when you purchased the dvd.

Mwuahahahahaa!

I just pre-ordered the 2 disc special edition on Amazon.com and got free 2 day shipping!

Now I will just have to wait until it comes out…

Avatar Image says:

i’m wondering how many have already ripped the movie online. oh, WB…

Avatar Image says:

YAY! It’s already out here! I <3 NZ!!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to get it,but some people that have gotten it already and from another person who posted the deleted scenes on youtube say there is only 10 minutes of them when WB’s press release said there to be 17. What is going on with that?

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know if the 2 disc special edition comes with an extra cd? because LIzDUtch mentioned that. Also, I am assuming there are never-before-seen scenes of OotP on it, can anyone confirm? Does the 3rd disc have scenes from HBP?

Avatar Image says:

stacie- if the US dvd is the same as the UK one then the deleted scenes aren’t worth the bother of watching. I didn’t time them though. I can remember the following:

Trelawny eating

Trelawny’s inspection uncut version

Slightly longer centaurs (but not much)

Harry packing and Ron asking if he wanted to go to the feast

Harry walking into DDs office – (but that’s it, I was hopeful of a proper DD and Harry scene but no)

Goyle and co (but not Draco) bullying a youngster

NO extra McGonagall, Dursleys, GP, DD/Harry, MOM, SWM, Weasleys

Avatar Image says:

The OOTP DVD has been available for preorder at Deep Discount (hint hint) since the DVD was announced two months ago. For some strange reason, most of the retailers (or the WB) take their sweet time with making their DVDs (or the highly-popular titles) available for preorder only 4 weeks before release date.

And I’ve seen the deleted scenes myself (the reason why there’s only 10 minutes’ worth of deleted scenes on the R2 and 17 minutes on the R1 is because of the higher framerate speedup on the R2, which is 2%). As for the scenes cut, they really aren’t much to say the least… highly disappointing since there was obviously much more cut out—the Trelawney eating bit is hysterical, but the others are neglible. It’s obvious Warners is saving these unseen scenes for Extended Editions after DH is released on home video and high-def formats… “Troy: Director’s Cut” anyone?

I’m inwardly glad I preordered the single-disc WIDESCREEN edition. Why people still prefer foolscreen is beyond me.

Avatar Image says:

The OotP DvD Features are….. RUBBISH!! Sooooo disappointed. Nothing interesting enough, deleted scenes are pathetic. When are we going to get a commentary WB? Or anything worthwhile?

I was wondering whether they are going to have better features on the US dvd ad that’s the reason for the month gap in release… who knows? But I’m annoyed with how bad the dvd is.

Avatar Image says:

WB has screwed up royally with order of the phoenix. hope they enjoy the fact that this is already the most pirated dvd in history of dvds and it only came out in the uk a few days ago. thats what happens when you take the largest most profitable market in the history of your franchise and make them wait a extra month for it.

I have like three friends that already have pirated region one DVDS for order. I am waiting for the DVD but WB, get a brain, either release it in days of each other or never ever ever release it at all. I am sure WB has already lost millions on pirates worldwide already because of their stupidity.

and yes, I am still peeved off that america accounts for about a 1/4 to a 1/3 of ticket sales, but we have to wait a month to get the dvd after practically everyone else.

Avatar Image says:

i ordered mine from amazon.com.uk i live in the states i should be getting it in today iw asnt going to wait a month for it to come out here so i bought it from there

Avatar Image says:

I got mine yesterday in Australia and i got a deluxe edition with a holographic cover as well as the normal cover. It looks pretty cool. I think it was exclusive to the store i bought i from though

Muhaya,

If you ordered it from the UK amazon and live in the states, you better have a region-free dvd player or it won’t work. The US/Canada format is Region 1 (R1).

I don’t mind waiting, it’ll be that much sweeter watching the movie whilst the (TV) writer’s are on strike. ;)

Avatar Image says:

Pirated DVDs will never be quite as good as an actual, non-bootleg DVD. I’m glad for the wait, it means the movie will accumulate a bit more money in the bargain theaters before officially closing. And the December 11 date for the U.S. DVD release sounds reasonable, to take clear advantage of the Christmas holidays.

I’m not complaining one bit about the delay… since when was the R1 DVD delayed? When Warners announced it for the U.S., they already had December 11, 2007 marked. It would be nice to get it in November, but in all honesty, this month is packed with new releases. And when the U.S. DVD finally comes out, it will have come out 5 months after it was released in theaters—that’s a slightly bigger window for most theatrical releases these days.

Avatar Image says:

I got mine today! AND I’M IN THE US!!! WHOO HOO!!! I ordered mine from Amazon UK! I have it a month before it comes out here! WHOO HOO!!!!!!! I am so excited!

Avatar Image says:

Any1 know if the special edition is in full frame? I hate wide screen.

Write a Reply or Comment