ABC Family to Air “Harry Potter Weekend” in December

118

Nov 18, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The ABC Family television channel is once again set to air a Harry Potter weekend as part of their “Countdown to 25 Days to Christmas” special. “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” is set to air Friday November 30 at 7:30pm (ET), followed by “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” on Saturday, December 1 at 7pm (ET), and then finally “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” on Sunday, December 2 at 6pm”Prisoner of Azkaban” will also be re-broadcast on December 13 at 8pm (ET) as well. You can see a video promoting their countdown special, as well as clips from each of the three films via this link. Please note: As TLC reported back in September, WB is planning an extensive media campaign promoting the release of the “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” DVD here in the US and Canada on December 11, and they will be advertising on ABC Family Channel, MTV, and in Entertainment Weekly and People magazine. We will update with more on any new ads for the OotP DVD as soon as we can.

On a related note, our video galleries have been updated with some recent interviews and clips from the UK press launch of the “Order of the Phoenix,” here (see right hand side for the many videos). Also, our image galleries now has captures of the new Harry Potter here.

18 Responses to ABC Family to Air “Harry Potter Weekend” in December

Avatar Image says:

I love how Harry Potters are Christmas movies AND Halloween movies as far as ABC Family is concerned. :D

Avatar Image says:

Sweet!!!!! I cant wait! I agree with you marillawhite. It IS awesome how they are christmas movies too.

Avatar Image says:

haha, I agree with marillawhite =)

Avatar Image says:

Sounds great. I don’t get abc family though.

Avatar Image says:

That IS really great. It’s not often you come across a movie(s) that are “bi-Holiday” features! I love that the ‘Harry Potter’ series is so versatile, and well loved! *)

Avatar Image says:

Always love the ABC Family Harry Potter weekends! :) However, I think it’s about time to get Goblet of Fire in there, with deleted scenes included, of course!

Avatar Image says:

I agree with GinaC. Goblet of Fire should be included with the line-up. It would be fitting since the Order of the Phoenix will be released in the US around the same time.

Avatar Image says:

What’s going to happen to this site--TLC-when the all films are completed?

Avatar Image says:

Yes,I agree—GOF should be included,wondering why it isn’t—also with deleted scenes.

Otherwise yes I hope this continues to be a tradition every Christmas when the films are completed as I love it too.

Avatar Image says:

I wish they would add GOF and make it a 4 night event. Didn’t they add PA after GOF came out on DVD? Does anyone remember that far back?

Avatar Image says:

Umm, as much as I like the movies, I don’t think they count as “family friendly” from GOF onwards – after all, nothing says family like watching your classmate (GOF), godfather (OOTP), or mentor (HBP) die. :\ It’ll be amusing to watch the promos for Deathly Hallows on the ABC ‘Family’ Channel. :o

Besides, doesn’t everyone already have the DVDs? Why watch the movies in their crippled fullscreen, commercially-interrupted versions?

Avatar Image says:

OOPS…........I meant to add “NOT” after “I just LOVE “cable/satelite” TV.” While I’m here, I can also invite friends over, have popcorn and watch ALL 5 movies (when OotP comes out, of course)LOL

Avatar Image says:

Joe ABC Family plays a lot of movies that aren’t exactly for kids.

Avatar Image says:

I think its pretty cool that they have Harry Potter weekends. And not everyone has all of the movies on DVD for a number of reasons, so its a chance for them to watch them again without spending any money. But I agree, they should definitely add GOF to the line up.

Avatar Image says:

Confederate Lady: “If I’m not mistaken (and I sometimes am) “they” edit the movies, for time, so they CAN add those “commercial interuptions” I just LOVE “cable/satelite” TV. They fit right in with the Networks. They take a 2hr movie and shorten it, so they can fit 45minutes worth of commercials! Gimme my DVD and Widescreen!”

That is often true with network stations. However, ABC Family doesn’t shorten the films, they ADD more to them. They show all three with all of the deleted scenes added back in. They’re “extended editions”. I wonder if they do plan on getting GOF. There’s not much in the deleted scenes. If they do put the extended version of GOF on ABC Family I’m hoping they don’t put the ridiculous 6 minute band scene back in.

I’m hoping that we eventually get real extended editions with all the good material they haven’t put on the DVDs. I remember Newell saying he had like 4 hours of total footage and Yates said he had over three hours. The deleted scenes that we’ve gotten on the GOF dvd and the OOTP dvd are just those scenes that were cut from the film very late in the game. Therefore, all their shots are finished. I think there’s loads of material that they are saving until after all seven films are released so they can continue to milk the franchise as long as possible.

I’m predicting extended editions, platinum editions, and special box sets for years after the release of DH.

Avatar Image says:

After seeing the deleted scenes from OotP I too agree that there MUST be a lot more “less finished” scenes waiting for some TLC (tender love and care NOT The Leaky Cauldron ;-).

The deleted scenes on the OotP HD-DVD in fact are for once rubbish, I wouldnt want a single one putting back in the movie. But its FAR from the “enough footage for a 3 hour movie” that was claimed before.

I still think the bit as the trio about to enter Hagrids hut was cut last minute as its a terrible cut. One second they are outside, the next they are inside. It feels like they were going to knock on the door, enter, etc like in the previous movies but it was cut for time. Its the roughest cut in the movie.

Theres a serious lack of explaining to people unfamiliar with the books of what is exactly going on at times. Some people say its cut to make it easier to understand if you havent read the books, but I know a few people who HAD to read the books before they really understood GoF and OotP is even worse for skipping explanations.

Avatar Image says:

LOVE those AOL interviews at the ootp dvd press conference on the galleries leaky, so funny, thanks for bringing my attention to them!

Write a Reply or Comment