“Half-Blood Prince” Filming Updates with Emma Watson, Alan Rickman News

113

Nov 28, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Two pieces of news relating to filming for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Emma Watson’s official website has been updated to state the actress will begin filming her role as Hermione Granger on December 18. Also, the BBC has posted a new feature about “Ballet Shoes,” the new television film starring Emma Watson and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) that will air in the UK during the Christmas holidays. We will update you with the exact date and time the BBC will broadcast this movie when we can.

As reported yesterday, Alan Rickman has been giving interviews to promote his new film “Sweeney Todd,” and a transcript from one of the press round tables is now online. In this interview, Mr. Rickman confirms he will begin filming his pivotal role as Professor Snape in the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” in late January, 2008. Thanks Laura!

27 Responses to “Half-Blood Prince” Filming Updates with Emma Watson, Alan Rickman News

Cool!! ^^

Avatar Image says:

Sorry for breaking the Emma news on the previous thread. The article is fantastic though.

Alan is so bloody cool and I can’t WAIT to see Sweeney Todd. The idea of him singing makes me smile lol. Just check out this line-up: Alan Rickman Johnny Depp Helena Bonham Carter Sacha Baron Cohen Tim Burton is the director.

Emma is getting VERY HIGH praise for Ballet Shoes, and off the type of person who doesn’t suffer fools gladly either (like Victoria Wood). Setting my Digibox for Ballet Shoes on Christmas Day (BBC1) too.

Avatar Image says:

Oho, so Alan enjoys lessons with his sarcastic voice coach, does he? That is just so cute. Doubt the coach out-Snapes Alan, though.

Avatar Image says:

um… the link is broken, and now we can’t see the “MORE”.... what is up with Rickman??

Avatar Image says:

Isn’t he the most wonderful actor - and what a person - funny, honest and in love with his craft. Can’t wait to see what he does in ST and in HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Great article about Ballet Shoes. I’m proud of Emma as I am with the rest of the trio. The trio really seem like good professional young adults. Hope her and Richard much success.

Alan Rickman is just amazing. What’s even more amazing is how important Snape becomes in this series. Snape can easily be considered the most important character behind the trio, even more important than Voldy. What an interesting character.

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait for Sweeney Todd!!! Oh, and Half-Blood Prince of course ;)

Avatar Image says:

Nice Alan Rickman interview with a great Q&A mix! Am definitely looking forward to Sweeney Todd.

And I do hope Ballet Shoes finds its way over to the U.S., if only on region 1 DVD.

Avatar Image says:

The funny thing is that Emma and Richard have technically been in 4 movies together before Ballet Shoes and never been in a scene together. I wonder how often they had actually met at Leavesden. The Dursley scenes are always short and detached from the rest of the filming. As always, I wish all the actors the best of luck in all their projects. They have truly casted the best.

Avatar Image says:

well, I never read Ballet Shoes as a child (not my thing) but it’ll be a refreshing change to see something different and half decent on tv on Christmas Day, apart from endless soaps.

Avatar Image says:

Alan Rickman is SO AWESOME. Did you see him in Sense & Sensibility (with Kate Winslet), too? It was a riot. In a good way of course. It was the first time I had ever seen him out of his Snape character. What I would give to work with him just one day!

Avatar Image says:

Joy, I loved “Sense and Sensibility” too. I thought it was about as close as a film can get to perfection!

If you haven’t seen the version of “Robin Hood” starring Kevin Costner, you should check it out. Rickman plays a very campy Sheriff of Nottingham. He’s HILARIOUS. It’s not a good film, but Rickman is worth seeing.

Avatar Image says:

HELP I’m confused. I can’t understand why Emma would start work on Dec 18 when 8 days later it’s Christmas Day and we all know that they stop filming for about 2 weeks.

Christmas Eve also falls on a Monday so you would think that they would stop on Saturday 22 (cast & crew might have places to go for Christmas day that isn’t in the London area and of course shopping).

That leaves 4 days. Is she going to only film like 1 scene. It just seems pointless.

Avatar Image says:

I’m not trying to be mean (I’m a fan of Emma’s) but it just sounds like Emma’s playing herself in a different time period. Then again, I haven’t read Ballet Shoes so all I know of Pauline is from this article. Anyway, I just hope she doesn’t turn into one of those actresses who play themselves over and over again, not allowing themselves to grow and wasting their talent. So I really hope the movie turns out great and Emma grows as an actress :)

Avatar Image says:

How amusing, you have articles on both one of the best British actors around (for who can deny A Rickman is incredibly good?) and one of the worst teen actresses in recent decades.

Avatar Image says:

Alan Rickman gems – Robin Hood-Prince of Thieves – Galaxy Quest – Dogma – Something the Lord Made – Love Actually – Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (voice of Marvin the Robot).

Avatar Image says:

No problem, you guys! I’m glad the link was helpful.

Avatar Image says:

Emma Watson plays herself in the HP films, so why should Ballet Shoes be any different?

Avatar Image says:

U go Emmmaaa!!!!!Ur the best actress!!!!!! I can’t for HBP and sweeny todd!!!I just wish ballet shoes is out in australia but i have cousins i the UK…which is good!!!! And @ chicho_jr emma isn’t the wors teen actress!!! she is one of the best actress i have ever seen!!! I am a huge fan of her!!! I mean who else would play my favourite witch hermione granger! Go emma!!!! An alan richman is great and funny too!!! Can u believe it at skool yesterday we were watching robin hood:prince of thieves and i realised that alan was in it and i was like OMG is that snape!! HAHAHA!!!

Avatar Image says:

Talking of the new Leaky post, ‘Curse of Steptoe’, which is presumably about actor Harry Corbett’s inability to avoid typecasting in his career, I get the impression from reading articles like this that there is a bit of a ‘Curse of HP’ for the Trio. People refuse to take them seriously until they prove themselves in other, different, things.

I had assumed that Emma was one of the main choices for Ballet Shoes from the start, but they scoured the land first and only considered her after she expressed an interest in it. Yet the other two girls are also ‘well known’ teen actresses and were chosen easily. And then we see Emma described as ‘a revelation’ by the Ballet Shoes director, impying that she didn’t think much of her before.

I find it very annoying. Critics also seem to have a preconceived idea of what to expect from them (and HP is quite limiting really, especially because of the poor script) and then they find themselves taken by surprise. Why can’t they just judge them on their own merits instead of keep referring back to HP? It’s like with both My Boy Jack and Equus the reviewers were amazed at how good Dan was and said things like ‘did he prove he was chosen for more than just his ‘name’? Yes he did!’.

It’s a good thing that they are beginning to get decent parts now before HP finishes; Dan’s very different and challenging adult roles (MBJ and Equus) are starting to pay dividends.

Avatar Image says:

If they didn’t think much of Emma before, what incentive would they have had to bring her in and possibly ruin a potential Christmas cracker with that line up? I suspect they didn’t consider Emma because the Harry Potter kids are often seen as otherwise engaged. They could have considered Bonnie Wright too remember. They could have looked futher than London in the first place.

Emma not having played another character besides Hermione means that whatever she does outside of Harry Potter would be a revelation. Particular if she can read scripts written by British writers who actually know how posh English kids speak (rather than the stereotyped posh speak Hermione spouts in the films which at times is toe-curling).

In a way I’ll be glad when the Trio have finally moved on from Harry Potter so that they can broaden their range of roles and grow as actors.

Avatar Image says:

That’s why it’s good they are trying to branch out now so that they can get over the ‘what a revelation’ stage, if directors and producers have such a narrow-minded approach to casting. Otherwise how will they ever be offered anything broader in the future after ten years in HP?

On Hermione’s accent. Emma speaks like that in real life.

Avatar Image says:

Yes Emma has the same posh accent, but she doesn’t use that type of vernacular. Most posh kids still use a lot of the same words as the rest us ‘plebs’.

Avatar Image says:

Someone in the film industry please explain how can they release the movie in November, when they will still be filming in Jan-Feb? Is that possible? Don’t they need a lot of time for all the special effects, etc.?

Avatar Image says:

Awesome. i can’t wait to see Ballet Shoes. The book is amazing, so I really really want to see the movie now.

Avatar Image says:

For the list of Rickman Gems don’t forget Quigley Down Under and Die Hard and Love Actually. He also sang in Truly Madly Deeply. I loved TMD and Sense and Sensibility because he does such wonderful sensuous male parts Not your typical leading man, but deeply romantic. He also played a great dad in Perfume.

Avatar Image says:

Awwe, This new movie, Ballet Shoes seems really big. But they’re not going to play it in the U.S.?? That stinks..

Write a Reply or Comment