Katie Leung Donates Art for Charity Auction

367

Nov 28, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Katie Leung has donated this piece of art for a charity auction today in Edinburgh, Scotland. The Scotsman reports Katie donated this piece to benefit the Prince’s Trust Charity. Katie said of her work:

“The meaning behind my drawing shows the two birds encouraging and supporting each other even though life may seem hard, boring or monotonous; hence the plain background. But as long as we help each other out and become motivated and hopeful, despite the negativity surrounding us, we will find happiness within ourselves ’ and this is conveyed through the birds’ vibrant colours.”

16 Responses to Katie Leung Donates Art for Charity Auction

Avatar Image says:

Wow! What a beautiful piece of artwork, and what symbolism! It’s not suprising. I am really happy to hear that the HP “gang” are lending their support, for so many charities, in the wake of their successes. JKR, Dan, Emma, Rupert, and all the others! How great…...Proud and happy to be a fan! ;)

Avatar Image says:

i really really love it. wow. what an amazing job katie did!

Avatar Image says:

Aww thats really nice shes obvioulsy put alot of thought into the meaning behind the painting.

Avatar Image says:

It’s nice in its simplicity, but the only reason it’s going for 500 pounds is because of the name behind it (if it were made by one of us it’d have to be a heck of a lot more complicated and elaborate of a piece to go for that much).

Avatar Image says:

Can’t say I like it much.

And Billy is right, it is going to sell because of the name. And I’ll admit to being just a little (very, very little!) bit bitter about the fact that I’ve been trying hard to improve my skills at art to achieve something I think is good, and that piece gets auctioned off at, the very least, £500. But I’m not nearly bitter enough to overlook the fact that it is for charity. At least its for a good cause!

Avatar Image says:

oh alright, u can delete my previous comment, it was a bit harsh i suppose, but my opinion still stands, i don’t think it’s very good, but if it’s for charity, then good job for getting away with it! one of these days if i get famous, i might donate my own art : http://alan988.deviantart.com/

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s a lovely drawing, but I wish I could see it better.

Avatar Image says:

I really enjoyed reading about the symbolism, too, and it helped me appreciate the piece even more. I would put it up in my office if I were to own it.

Avatar Image says:

I have to laugh at this one. I read Cho’s description of her picture first on the Leaky main post and thought “how intelligent and what sweet train of thought” from the lovely katie. So before I click on the link, I expected to see a blandish background, perhaps with some trees or something but with 2 birds helping each other looking fantastically vibrant in colours. So, I click on the link and…well when katie said bland, boy did she mean it. And the birds…where are the vibrant colours? The birds themselves have their heads stooped downwards and have no interaction at all. In fact, they lack any signs of life and could be stuffed. I do not see any symbolism of “helping each other element” here. And finally, what on earth are those lines?? Telephone wires have progressed to some funky patterns, havent they? Oh dear, I’m too critical, I’ll stop. Still, good on Katie to contribute with good intentions and perhaps we’ll see better output from her in future because she seems a lovely and intelligent girl.

Avatar Image says:

Maybe we could have a caption contest…

Avatar Image says:

Good on you, Katie! It may not be the best work ever, but it’s a hundred percent better than anything I’ve ever drawn! Be nice, people. I like it.

Avatar Image says:

Wow. That’s made me quite emotional (the painting). It’s minimalist and beautifully abstract. I would love to hang it on my study wall. The Princes Trust is such a great cause too!

Avatar Image says:

i’m not sure if it’s either mi lack of imagination or it’s just i don’t see her meaning in the sketch. muh! i prefer the children’s artwork..the one’s that won the contest.

Avatar Image says:

alan i saw ur work! lemme just say “wow!” i think urs can pass for 500 pounds than katie’s. hmm…if i ever get famous i’ll draw stick figures and put a very meaningful caption and make people pay lots for it coz it’s for charity.

ok harsh. sorry. >.<

Avatar Image says:

hi katie!that is awesome artwork did you paint it yourself ? in harry potter and the order of the phoenix the player you are is really pretty! i have already seen it twice it’s brilliant except when Arthur gets attacked and Sirius died i am 8 years old and i hate tofu and brussel sprouts good luck on your next movie!

Avatar Image says:

hi Katie awesome artwork did you paint it yourself?good luck on your next movie and the person cho is very pretty i am 8 years old and hate tofu and brussel sprouts!

Write a Reply or Comment