BBC Commerical Includes Footage of Emma Watson in “Ballet Shoes”

275

Dec 01, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The BBC has released a new commercial highlighting their programing this holiday season, and includes new footage of actress Emma Watson in “Ballet Shoes.” Other footage from the UK channel include scenes from the Doctor Who Christmas Special, starring David Tennant (Barty Crouch Jr.). You can also see glimpses of Timothy Spall (Peter Petigrew) in his role as Fagin in a retelling of the classic Charles Dickens tale “Oliver Twist.”

Thanks James and Claire!

34 Responses to BBC Commerical Includes Footage of Emma Watson in “Ballet Shoes”

Avatar Image says:

Yay to Emma, David and Timothy!!! First, I really like the way this advertisement was done (very Broadway), and second I am thrilled to see our beloved Harry Potter cast flexing their talent muscles. I wish we could get BBC One in the US- I’d love to see all of their performances! Congrats!

Avatar Image says:

I saw this earlier today, their Christmas season looks good. Ballet shoes looks like it will be amazing and whimsical, and have that magic thirties feel about it (and I adore Eileen Atkins in it, currently doing an amazing job in Cranford); I’m glad because I adored the book. I really can’t wait to see it (even if Emma wasn’t in it), and I look forward to seeing her little sisters, as well.

Avatar Image says:

OMG!! I can’t wait to see Emma in Ballet Shoes!!!

Avatar Image says:

Anyone in the UK who wants to watch Ballet Shoes-its on BBC1 on Friday 28th December at 8.30! Can’t wait! :D

Avatar Image says:

Well, I’m not really bothered about Ballet Shoes, but the Doctor Who Special Voyage of the Dammed looks awsome (I am a huge Doctor Who freak, and no, not because of David)!

Avatar Image says:

I cannot WAIT to see Emma in Ballet Shoes!! And really I’m so proud of all three of them for taking on really interesting projects and making such smart decisions.

Avatar Image says:

OMG! She looked beautiful!! It looks even better than I thought it would be!!

Can’t wait! LOVE Emma!

Avatar Image says:

Is Emma playing the girl who wants to be an actress or the one who wants to be a ballerina? Oh, looks so cool!

Avatar Image says:

@ Libby, Emma is playing Pauline, the aspiring actress.

What a good commercial. I love “Let Me entertain You”. It may be the best B’way show tune ever. It would be a nice holiday present if we got to see these films here in the US.

I would especially love to see “Ballet Shoes”. I read the book a long time ago and loved it. A really sweet story.

Emma has always said she loves to sing and dance. Looks like “Ballet Shoes” has given her that chance. CONGRATULATIONS Emma. Break a leg!

Avatar Image says:

Will we be able to see it in the US, ever?

Avatar Image says:

it looks amaze – for once im glad i live in the uk, the bbc always have v. gd theings to stare gormlessly up with a mug of hot chocolate during the christmas season while all your friends are off somewhere warm u may eventually get it in the us, but im sure itll end up on a website somewhere long before that

Avatar Image says:

Looks great, Emma is stunning.

Avatar Image says:

I have no doubt someone will post “Ballet Shoes” on YouTube (they have the 1975 version on there). I’m from the States so that’s why I’m resorting to that option. Anyway, I can’t wait to see it!

Avatar Image says:

I hope her eyebrows are up to the task!

Avatar Image says:

I may just have to go see it! Was that little girl in there one of Emma’s sister’s? cuz I heard that her twin sister’s were gonna be in it! & I thought that was the guy that also played on harry potter as ron’s rat ‘scabbers’ (Wormtail)! lol wonder when it’s gonna come out in the US

Wheeeeee, screenshots!

Avatar Image says:

That’s one great Christmas line up we’re getting.

I’m most excited for the Doctor Who special (with Kylie _ yayz)

Emma looks so different O.O Amazing.

Avatar Image says:

:0 don’t have TV. Can’t compare BBC ONE to US Christmas Offerings. Saw a “trailer” for ‘Family Channel’, but it doesn’t even begin to look like yours! Happy Christmas, UK! *) “Nobody does it better!”

Avatar Image says:

Emma looks so different. Wow, can’t wait to see Ballet Shoes(it better be on Youtube ASAP!).

Avatar Image says:

The christmas is gonna be amazing!!!! i’ll be infront of the tv the whole day!!! lmao!!

Avatar Image says:

Doesn’t it look great. Have to say I’m jealous although we do get Dr Who on BBC America. The Telegraph says it will air on December 25, x mas day. Although nothing has been cofirmed by BBC1, I guess the schedule hasn’t been finalized. They may combine it with Dr Who for killer ratings though.

Avatar Image says:

Looks great. Can’t wait for Christmas and all the good Christmas telly.

Avatar Image says:

To the person who asked, no that isn’t, one of Emma’s sisters, it’s the girl playing the youngest Fossil sister, Posy; she goes on to be a ballerina. Emma’s sisters are only toddlers, and they appear, very briefly, as a young Pauline (Emma’s character).

Avatar Image says:

Will we ever see ballet shoes here in the states? Would it ever come out in the states for dvd? There are so many movies and series that we dont actually see because is not aired or on commecials, not cool.

Avatar Image says:

I really hope they show some of those movies on american television, especially Ballet Shoes. That book is great and they did such an excellent job with the casting I can’t wait to see the film. All the girls (especially our Emma) looked so pretty in those clips. Yay!

Avatar Image says:

What a great ad! They did an excellent job fitting the clips with the music. Too bad that I’m in Canada.

Avatar Image says:

“I hope her eyebrows are up to the task!”

I know this is probably pretty mean of me but I burst out laughing when i read this! And i’m in a library.

I’m also looking forward to Doctor who special.

Avatar Image says:

p.s.does emma have a twin? wow i didn’t know this!

Avatar Image says:

Emma has 3 year-old twin half-sisters (from her dad’s second marriage). They are playing baby Pauline in Ballet Shoes. Ballet Shoes is getting some damn good press too. Can’t wait to see it. I’m setting my didbox for Ballet Shoes, Dr Who, and Oliver Twist. I bloody wait.

Avatar Image says:

“I am thrilled to see our beloved Harry Potter cast flexing their talent muscles”

- isn’t Richard Griffiths also in Ballet Shoes? And someone else from HP? So that’s 4 (or 5) HP actors ‘flexing’ their muscles in just three programmes.

- but it is to be expected, since the HP adult cast are pretty much the top rung of our acting community. It would be a shocker if they weren’t anywhere to be seen!

I must say, I’m pleased to hear of other (non-Trio) actor’s TV projects on here for once. There have been quite a few over the last month alone featuring Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Timothy Spall, which never got a mention.

‘Cranford’, mentioned by Sharon earlier, also includes Imelda Stanton (who is really great) and Michael Gambon, who was a breath of fresh air in the one minute he appeared in last week’s episode- really charistmatic I thought. I’m looking forward to seeing more of him.

Avatar Image says:

didbox? lol. I meant to type digibox!

Anne, I agree, it would be nice to hear what the adult HP cast members are up to, but I suppose these HP fansites think most of the fans are only interested in the younger cast members.

“Cranford” has Imelda Stauton and Sir Michael Gambom in it. Sir Michael and Dame Maggie Smith have also recently appeared in Stephen Poliakoff dramas for the BBC. And as they’ve highlighted, Tim Spall will be in a remake of Oliver Twist. David Tennant in Dr Who.

We’re lucky in the UK to get to see so much of the adult HP cast members on TV. These are people who are not so stuck up that they think they can only make big budget American movies. They appear on the West End stage and they do tv dramas.

Having said all that, I’m still pleased to hear about anything the Trio are doing too. I am anxious for them to grow as actors, which they can only do if they branch out.

Avatar Image says:

meerkatsarecute, i did exactly the same thing, great comment mulder!

But maybe when we see this she’ll be an acting force to be reckoned with, she certainly looks beautiful, if she had the charm, intelligence and subtle acting ability to put behind it, then you may just see Emma Watson as one of the most memorable actresses of the future… Lets not get ahead of ourselves though… it could be another eyebrow flexing workout!

Avatar Image says:

Hurray for the Doctor!! (nice to see Emma btw…gorgeous) but I can’t wait for the Christmas Special! The Children in Need Special was classic…

Avatar Image says:

Remember Pride & Prejudice starring Colin Firth on BBC? Well, that came out in DVD here in the States, so I am sure Ballet Shoes will be released to DVD also. Anything for a buck! ;)

Emma looks wonderful. Her head bop in the commercial was so adorable. I still think they made her hair a bit too yellowish/orange and should have made it a paler blonde and lightened her eyebrows a bit more, with extensions because from what I remember, Pauline had long blond hair. Anyway, can’t wait to see it!

Write a Reply or Comment