Jingle Spells Completely SOLD OUT

124

Dec 01, 2007

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

WELL. That went quickly.

Jingle Spells, the wizard rock Christmas album that was Leaky’s sixth Get a Clue fundraiser and an outstanding compilation of Harry-themed holiday music, is now COMPLETELY SOLD OUT.

What does this mean? It means that in the past six weeks you have all raised…more than $30,000 for Book Aid International. It means you will have had a hand in buying something like 20,000 books, or building libraries in the areas of the world that need them most. We’ll have more details on that soon.

This is the most money ever raised through a Leaky Cauldron charity drive, INCLUDING our 2002 bid to win the 93-word card that J.K. Rowling was auctioning at Sotheby’s. That $30,000 is AFTER cost. This is truly incredible. It doubles the total we’ve raised over ALL FIVE PREVIOUS YEARS.

If you ordered but haven’t gotten your copy yet, please be patient. There was one main ship date for the first set of orders (on or about-at Nov. 11 for U.S. orders and Nov. 8 for international orders), and all other orders are being sent out in another shift in midDecember. Every effort will be made to get your item to you by Christmas. NO ONE in Canada has yet been sent their copy, because of a customs restriction that requires some extra work in the packaging; those will go out soon. Those who ordered through the mail, yours have been sent out this week, and for your banking purposes, your checks are soon to be deposited. Please everyone remember this is a purely human effort, involving one person’s apartment being completely dominated by packages, boxes, stamps, labels and CDs, and we’re doing our absolute best.

If you ordered via PayPal and suddenly realized you used the wrong shipping address, send an email with the correction to donations@the-leaky-cauldron.org, but do it SOON.

You can no longer order a physical copy of this album online, but we will have more announcements about it in the future. Stay tuned!

If you are still looking for a chance to give back in a Potter way this holiday season, check out our just-announced, smaller scale, Children’s Voice Charity Drive, where you can contribute to JKR’s Children’s Voice Charity fund without having to have enough to buy Beedle of the Bard, and still have a chance to attain a special catalog featuring the item.

Every year, without fail, you guys help us show the world that Harry Potter fans know how to show moral fiber when it’s important. Thank you all so much, again. And again, special thanks to the wizard rock bands who donated their time, effort and talent; to Matt Maggiacomo and Padfoot4Eva and Jo M and Kevin K, who helped pack and ship CDs (and to the others who will be helping us pack and ship the rest), and to everyone who bought an album or helped spread the word for this very good cause. You guys have done it again.

Not that we’re surprised.

65 Responses to Jingle Spells Completely SOLD OUT

Avatar Image says:

Well I got mine and I’ve got it on my iPod too! First Comment too! I’m on a Potter Role tonight.

Congrats Leaky!! -John-Robert from Leaky Lounge

Avatar Image says:

That’s FANTASTIC!!! Way to go HP fan peeps!!!

(I’m so glad I ordered the CD in October! Yes, I got mine about a week ago. It is SO FUN. I love the Epic Christmas: How the Thestrals Saved Christmas and Twelve Days of Christmas)

Avatar Image says:

AHHHH no i can’t believe it i didnt get one!!!!!!! fantastic really wonderful…

Avatar Image says:

sorry, didnt mean to do it all those times!!! is there any way that i can get one..even though they’re sold out?? can’t they just make more!?

Avatar Image says:

I got mine a few weeks ago. It’s awesome!

hurrah for canadian borders >.<

i need to get mine before i decorate the tree, it’s been a tradition since pottercast started for me to blast christmas filks while setting it up. _

need something for the third year running

Avatar Image says:

Mine is playing right now … Wrocking around the … :-)

Avatar Image says:

I’m so upset! I wanted one (actually I was going to order 2 or 3) and that’s why I was coming to the site tonight. Then the headline article says I can’t order them anymore! Is there any way for me to get a copy???

Avatar Image says:

I think you should sell more. I don’t think those who bought it considered it’s potential of being a collector’s item. They bought it (1) because they want to listen to them, and (2) they want to help. Well, at least that’s why I want a copy, but sadly can’t anymore. =(

Avatar Image says:

We aren’t selling more because it’s dependent on me sending them out and I am VERY LOW ON TIME these days. :) We’re out of our CD run, definitely not enough time to print more or send more before xmas. BUt stay tuned anyway.

Avatar Image says:

Got mine today! I can’t wait to listen!

Avatar Image says:

BTW – Thanks so much, Melissa, for letting these take over your apartment and for sending them out to us. Yay!

Avatar Image says:

Congrats, all round! I love ‘Twelve Days Of Christmas’..............Happy Holidays, Leaky! You’ve made mine, fer sher!

Avatar Image says:

Hooray for Melissa, the Wrockers, and all the Leaky Crew that helped out! I’m way impressed that the HP community was able to come together and support this amazing cause (plus some cool music was involved).

Avatar Image says:

I just read the whole article, and “we” couldn’t have done it without Leaky and all of it’s “House elves”! (DOBBY IS FREEEEE!) Thanks for helping us help you make other’s Holidays good ones! Leaky Rocks!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I helped! (And I love the CD, by the way). I’m so glad I ordered it… back in October.

Avatar Image says:

well crap…how’d I miss that headline? If I’d seen it I’d have ordered one too but somehow I missed it. Makes me sniffles ;_;. But GOOD JOB for raising so much monies XD

Avatar Image says:

I’m making everyone listen to mine! I love it so, so much! It’s awesome that we raised so much money! Congrats everyone, we’re amazing!!

Avatar Image says:

My daughters love this album. They sing “12 days of Christmas” and “Voldy Drools” constantly. They are only 7 and 10 years old. This is going to SERIOUSLY twist their memories of Christmas.

Avatar Image says:

wow,that`s fantastic!!! I got mine a week ago,it is awesome!!! All the way to Norway! YAY!!

Avatar Image says:

I still haven’t received mine but I’m happily waiting :D Eee how exciting!

But whoah, over $30,000? That’s incredible. Thank you Melissa for getting this all sorted!

Avatar Image says:

That’s so cool guys, I received my so thank-you for that. But I’m yet to listen to it.

Avatar Image says:

Purchased one for my sister as well as myself…she gets a kick out of the lyrics…I have yet, to listen to mine though..Hopefully this weekend….CONGRATULATIONS on money well earned (and spent)!!

Avatar Image says:

Ahhh, congrats to Leaky! The HP fandom never fails to make me proud :)

Avatar Image says:

Waheyyy £30,000 :D Awesome stuff fellow Potter fans heh.

Avatar Image says:

Well done everyone! I’ve got my copy already and it’s great :) Jingle Spells = good music for good causes!

Avatar Image says:

awww… i was about to order one…i didn’t think they’d get sold so quickly….oh well- i’ll just have to listen to the samples (i love the 12 days of christmas eben though i’ve only heard the up to the 2nd :)...

WELL DONE LEAKY STAFF!

Avatar Image says:

I ordered one but it’s not here yet :( ???

CONGRATULATIONS Guys!!!

Avatar Image says:

I guess I bought one of the last copies, then! This announcement came about twelve hours after I purchased mine. YES! So Happy!!!

Avatar Image says:

I ordered mine on the 13th , and I’m still waiting , but once I get it , I’ll be OFF THE WALLS ! And I’ll download it onto my ipod :) woOt !

Avatar Image says:

This just made my day; knowing that together we all raised $30,000! Wow!

I ordered my copy eons ago it seems for myself and my sister. I’ve have been desperately checking if it has been received back home as I’m currently living in London, England, though as it happens I’m one of the Canadian recipients. I guess I should have sent it here. Nevertheless, thanks Melissa for taking the time to make sure it arrives safely. I’d hate it to get stuck at the border. (:

Avatar Image says:

I ordered mine some weeks ago and haven’t received it, but I’ll remain patient and sure it will come soon.

The Harry Potter fandom is truly wonderful for uniting for a cause such as this.

Avatar Image says:

Aww, I wanted to buy one..But instead I sat around and put off ordering it and they got sold out :(

But $30,000! That’s amazing. And for such a good cause, too! Awesome job, Leaky. And awesome job, Melissa!

Avatar Image says:

Sounds like the music may be come available in some other form….. itunes downloads? That would be sweet! I already have my copy, but looking at the comments i can see that there are still many people who want to purchase it.

By the way, the CD is awesome! Thanks Leaky!

Avatar Image says:

As soon as I saw the first posting in October, I ordered 3 for all of the HP obsessed people in my life (myself included). I got them about 2-3 weeks ago, and LOVE IT! Whompy knows how to gets down…

Avatar Image says:

I’m so glad I decided to get mine early. I was in the first round of shipping! I hadn’t heard a lot of these bands before, and now I’m totally a fan of Oliver Boyd. His song is my favorite on the album!

Avatar Image says:

Hooray! Enjoy your libraries!

Avatar Image says:

You’re still shipping the orders, right? Because I ordered mine two days ago on November 29th. I really hope I ordered just in time…. :)

Avatar Image says:

I got my copy yesterday. This album soooo good! I love the Draco and the Malfoys song, and the Olivery Boyd song is AH-MAZING. My favorite of the album. All of the songs are fantastic though. I can’t stop listening to it. And the best thing is, I was able to help people around the world and all that good stuff.

Avatar Image says:

Woohoo!! Glad to hear that so much money was raised! I got mine in the first round of shipping and I absolutely love it!! I don’t think I’d even be able to pick a favorite! Great job once again Leaky and HP fans!

Avatar Image says:

will it be on iTunes? i never got the chance to buy it!!! ahh noo!!

but i still must say how proud i am of everyone who bought one. that it a ton of money- and its all in the name of harry potter. how awesome is that??! thankyou, leaky!

Avatar Image says:

hooray!! i’m not opening mine until christmas day, i can’t wait!!

Avatar Image says:

This is such a great thing :) I’ve been listening to pottercast and coming on here for only about a year now but I was so pumped to get one of these albums. I consider it a christmas present to myself – I never buy cds but it sounded so good and knowing it would help charity totally sold me!

Avatar Image says:

That is amazing! I am so glad that I ordered mine early. :-) Thank you so much Melissa for having this put together and allowing all the boxes and packages to take over your apartment. You are awesome.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Leaky, Melissa and all the Wizard Rock Bands! Also, Congrats on raising so much money its amazing what harry potter fans can do when they come together.

Avatar Image says:

i’m getting mine soon! can’t wait listening to the previews, gonna be a CD to remember keep up the good work everyone!

That is WONDERFUL news!

Avatar Image says:

NOOOOOOO! I didn’t get to order one! I am very sad now. sniff I wish you guys would print more! I’m very glad about how much money it raised though.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats to all, great job for a great cause. i ordered a copy for myself and my roommate and we can’t stop listening to the CD. It’s addictive! Every day I have a new favorite, and I’m so glad I ordered early! “On the 8th day of Christmas, WON-WON gave to me, 8 outdated dress robes…”

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that’s amazing! Congratulations to you all for doing such a great job! :)

I finally ordered mine last week, and I can’t wait until it comes in the mail! Thanks to Jingle Spells I have discovered the magic of Wizard Rock and found so many great bands that I had never heard of before. Oliver Boyd is my definite favourite though, love “Happy Christmas Day” on the CD! So thank you so much, Leaky! :)

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Good job… i cant believe how much money “we” raised as the united harry potter fandom… really amazing! =D

Just wish i would’ve ordered one… i really wanted one and i asked for it but my parents said wait for christmas… then u guys sold out and my mom already told me by the time she went on it was sold out… o well sighs heavily guess there’s always next year.

-HPfreak

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I ordered by mail, so I should be getting it soon! In time for most of the Christmas decorating. I will play it over and over until my mom asks me what in the world we are listening to.

And $30,000 after costs??!!! That’s aMAZing!

Avatar Image says:

Please, please, please, please either print more or release all the songs on itunes! I would love to get the actual CD and wouldn’t mind at all if it couldn’t be made and shipped until after Christmas, but if we can’t get the CD, I understand. My husband is getting me an iPod for Christmas, so at least if it came out for iTunes I could still listen to the songs. My sister-in-law would really love it, too, so if it came out for iTunes, I could get it for me and get it for her iPod for Christmas. That would be so cool! Please let us know soon!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh no! I sent my check out on November 29!!!!! Does that mean that I won’t get a CD now? OMG, that would be devastating!!! What’s going to happen nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Avatar Image says:

Melissa & all involved in making this happen: THANK YOU!!! It’s excellent – I’m so tired of the usual Christmas recyclings and this is just so cool. Especially O Holey Night and … well I’d list my faves but that’d end up being the whole album. Maybe a rerelease for next year for those who didn’t get it ordered in time?

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Just got my CD in the mail today and I LOVE it!!! Huge THANK YOU to Melissa, all the wrockers, and everyone else who made this happen. You are all amazing! Glad I could be a part of raising $30,000 for Book Aid too!

Avatar Image says:

I ordered mine in Oct and have yet to receive it. Should I be worried? Anyone else who ordered early not get theirs yet?

Avatar Image says:

I still haven’t received mine. I check my mail everyday, by the way! I do hope I get mine soon (:

Avatar Image says:

Nope, I haven’t gotten mine yet either. I ordered in mid-November… and my credit card was immediately charged. I sent an email to the contact given with the order that says “for shipping and tracking contact…” and I haven’t gotten a response on that either. :(

dfjkahdfgkahdfghasgf figures

I’m anxiously waiting this news

sooner rather than later? please?

Avatar Image says:

Just got my Jingle Spells CD yesterday, it is awesome. What’s just as awesome is all the money that was raised for such a worthy cause. Way to go Leaky!!! I was so happy to support your efforts and getting some really great music was just the icing on the cake!

Avatar Image says:

i ordered mine in mid-november too n still havent gotten it yet. ive been waiting patient, but its just so hard. hope to get it soon.

Avatar Image says:

I oredered my CD in early November. The payment seems to have gone through PayPal but I’ve not had it yet- has anyone from the UK had theirs yet? I hope it comes in time for our Potter Party on the 29th!!

Write a Reply or Comment