Chris Rankin Visits Voyager School in the UK for ITV Documentary

Rankin
Posted by: Edward
December 01, 2007, 08:16 PM

Students of the Voyager School in the UK got a treat the other day when actor Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley) participated in a drama workshop at the school. An article online from the Peterborough Today reports on the visit which will be part of a new documentary set to be broadcast on ITV1. Mr. Rankin spent the afternoon with the students, acting out scenes from “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” giving tips on their acting technique, and answering questions on many different subjects. One student, who had the opportunity to portray the character of Harry Potter during the workshop, said of the experience: “I felt a bit stupid acting in front of him at first, but I just got over it. I felt very excited when they told us he was coming. I was in my music class at the time.”

Chris also spoke of the event, saying, in part: “It’s been really good fun.”

“It’s something I really enjoy doing because, had it not been for the drama department at my school, I would not be doing this. When I joined drama school I was really shy and quiet. But when my school put me in a production I really loved it.”

Footage from this workshop event will be part of an upcoming ITV documentary, “Children of the Revolution,” about the school and the Thomas Deacon Academy, set to be broadcast on December 20 at 7:30pm local time.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rankin News

Confederate Lady
Posted by Confederate Lady on December 01, 2007, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Flittwick
Posted by Flittwick on December 01, 2007, 10:06 PM report to moderator
ImHermione1027
Posted by ImHermione1027 on December 01, 2007, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Kinni
Posted by Kinni on December 02, 2007, 12:34 AM report to moderator
Masha
Posted by Masha on December 02, 2007, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Becca
Posted by Becca on December 02, 2007, 02:48 PM report to moderator

[i]Congratulations on getting past the Horntail. Whoever put your name in that goblet shouldn't be feeling too happy right now! I was going to suggest a Conjunctivitus Curse, as a dragon's eyes are its weakest point[/i] -- "That's what Krum did!" Hermione