333

Dec 12, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenixhas been nominated for an award given by the Broadcast Film Critics Association. Nominated in the category of “Family Film (live action),” OotP is recognized along with “August Rush,” “The Golden Compass,” “Enchanted,” and “Hairspray.” The AP reports these awards will be presented live on cable channel VH1, January 7, 2008. Congratulations to the team at OotP!

15 Responses to “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” Nominated for Broadcast Film Critics Award

Avatar Image says:

Unfortunately I think my vote here would go to “Enchanted.”

Avatar Image says:

Haha Kelly I was just gonna say the same thing. I mean I love OOTP but Enchanted was definitely the better family film.

Pssh, OotP is ssooooo going to win. Are you kidding me?! XD

Avatar Image says:

Lizetem: Not kidding at all. ^^; I don’t think OotP has a very good chance. It’s not a fan award, it’s an award given by critics. While OotP was more well received by critics than August Rush or Golden Compass, Hairspray and Enchanted are two of the most positively reviewed movies of the year- 92% and 94% positive respectively.

My personal vote would go to Enchanted, but I wouldn’t mind if Hairspray won. They’re both very good movies.

Avatar Image says:

i love harry potter.i’m not only ron or rupert or hermione or emma fan( sorry but they are dont care harry potter.dan or harry potter movies win awardsand they are not happy.).i’m huge harry potter fan. for this reason my vote would go to harry potter. i always support hp.similar lord of the kings fans

Avatar Image says:

i love harry potter.i’m not only ron or rupert or hermione or emma fan( sorry but they are dont care harry potter.dan or harry potter movies win awardsand they are not happy.).i’m huge harry potter fan. for this reason my vote would go to harry potter. i always support hp.similar lord of the rings fans

Avatar Image says:

Family movie? Welll, OotP is a bit dark so I doubt if it will bag that award for family entertainment. But the BFCA is not a fan award so to be nominated is already good. But What about the acting nominations?

Avatar Image says:

I think either Hairspray or Enchanted will win this one. OOTP is not family-friendly. Don’t get me wrong; I LOVED OOTP and I didn’t see either Hairspray or Enchanted, but I’m just stating a fact. Based on critics’ reviews and the fact that they’re up for a family-friendly film, it’s either Hairspray or Enchanted. I personally think it might be Hairspray, because of all the reviews gushing about how wonderfully bubbly it was…

Avatar Image says:

I think its so cool that they are nominated…..

Avatar Image says:

I Love OOTP but it is not really family friendly. When I went with my sister and nieces my mother had to take the younger girl, who is six out of the theater and to into another movie. My niece was extremely scared. Even my 10 year old niece was a bit scared during some scenes. I think Enchanted is one of the best Family Films I have ever seen. It had the adult humor to keep us happy in a kid’s movie but it was not so adult that the kids could not get the joke. Usually when we all go to a “Family Film” someone in our group is disappointed but Enchanted really can be enjoyable by people of all ages. Enchanted was very well done and was enjoyed by my mother who is 62 down to my youngest niece who is 6.

Avatar Image says:

My personal Vote would be Harry potter becauseI LOVE every thing about it! =D I love how Emma , Rupert and Daniel act and I think its a awsome story. but I think Hairspray will win .about OOTP… well its not a family movie so I don’t think it has a chance.Enchanted is also a good movie so I think it has to beHairspray or Enchanted.

I am HP Fan so my vote goes for HP

Avatar Image says:

I wouldn’t exactly call OOTP “family friendly.” Two little kids sitting in front of me when I saw it went screaming out of the theater with their dad when Voldy came on the screen. yikes.

Avatar Image says:

This is the first time that Dan and Emma are not nominated by the BFCA. sigh… and I had so hoped that Dan will win this time for HP.

But they also snubbed Keira KNightley and Brad Pitt so maybe I shouldn’t be so sad…

Avatar Image says:

same with the others—i go for “Enchanted” as Best Family Movie.

“OoTP” gets a Special Award for Because It’s Based From The Most Incredible Harry Potter Series. =)

Write a Reply or Comment