J.K. Rowling to Appear on PotterCast

364

Dec 17, 2007

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Well, ever since we made this post we have heard from listeners, friends, colleagues…everyone, all assuming that it meant that we were going to have J.K. Rowling on PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast. Despite our weak attempts to tamp the rumor down without technically lying, it spread pretty quickly, and more than a few people we know interrogated us, sure that the rumor was true.

It was. We’re very excited and proud to announce that as a little pre-Christmas surprise, J.K. Rowling will make her first ever appearance on a podcast on Tuesday when PotterCast #130 is released to the public. You can keep updated here or at pottercast.com/jkrowling.

It is the first in-depth fan interview since this one in 2005, and Jo’s repartee was everything we knew it would be: informative, warm, funny and chock-full of canon revelations as well as statements about the writing and publishing of the series. We had such a great time recording with her and hope that you all enjoy the output!

Most of Jo’s sit-down with Sue Upton, John Noe and myself will be played in Tuesday’s show, and the remainder will be saved for the following show.

We just couldn’t wait to tell you; you can expect a preview of what we talked about on the show tomorrow, so stay tuned! In the meantime, now that we’ve dispensed with all the plain informational talk, allow us to just say this:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to nimbus xl, the first commenter on our old post, who said, the post meant JKR would be on the show, and then apologized because we urged everyone not to go there? We’re so sorry! You were right! You all were right! :)

PS, reader Sasha made this to celebrate. LOLOL. Thanks Sasha.

224 Responses to J.K. Rowling to Appear on PotterCast

congrats!

Avatar Image says:

to expand further, Leaky really deserves this. you guys all do excellent work. Thanks for this and all else you do!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to hear it!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think I just peeped my pants and went to heaven! AH! That is so awesome! Leaky completely deserves it!!

I love you guys!! I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR THIS!!!!!!! It’ll be JKR with fans and actually her! OMG!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow!!! That is great! I can’t wait to listen to it! Congratulations. :)

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!! Congrats guys that must of been such a fun experience can’t wait to hear it !!!!!!!!!!! =D

Avatar Image says:

omg i’m at school and OMG YAY !!!!!! OMG YAY!!!!

lol so excited. Everyone is laughing cause i am excited :)

Beth

Avatar Image says:

AAAH! OMG! I CAN’T WAIT TO LISTEN!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well done, you guys! Well done!! ;-)

zr

Avatar Image says:

This is amazing and a well deserved. Thanks Melissa for this exceptional holiday treat!

Avatar Image says:

AWESOME!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! Melissa, we’ve missed u!

Avatar Image says:

This is awesome news!!! Thank you Joe and thank you Pottercast you guys rock!! James UK

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!

You know…I thought I had quite gotten over my fangirling of Jo, but apparently not!!!!

Squeeeeeeee!!!!

I can’t wait!!!

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good read!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!! I cannot wait to listen to this! Congratulations guys!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

That’s nice and all, but I was really looking forward to Dumbledore being on the show. :-)

Oh, who am I kidding. SQUEE!!!

Major congratulations to the PotterCast Trio for getting this opportunity, and I can’t wait to hear the interview!

Avatar Image says:

WOW!!!!! WAY TO GO, GUYS!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

im so excited for you guys…you deserve it…I think this is a little note to the mugglecasters about there approach at podcasting and there credibility.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations!!!! That is quite the coup. I can’t wait to hear it.

Avatar Image says:

My initial reaction upon reading this:

NO WAY!!!!!!!

Then there was a lot of squealing, jumping around, and saying “Omg!” repeatedly. This just made my night. Tuesday cannot get here fast enough. I know you guys will ask all the things we want to know. This is so awesome.

Avatar Image says:

Please transcibe it for us! PLease? :)))

Avatar Image says:

HOLY ANTELOPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my- oh my- I think I’m having an asthma attack! SSSSQQQQQUUUUEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Nice! She Will answer questions about the after Deathly Hallows? BlogHogwarts.com

Avatar Image says:

Christmas has arrived early for me… faints

THANK YOU LEAKY AND J.K.R !!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMFG….I’ve never listened to a podcast, but on tuesday, I WILL! OMG GOD IS GOING TO BE ON POTTERCAST!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is just so amazing! Way to go, guys! (Maybe a PC with no Gambon-bashing, eh? wink )

So looking forward to this—BEST POTTERCAST EVER!

squeeeeeeee

Avatar Image says:

reaction #1: whywhywhywhy didn’t I send in a question??

reaction #2: squee!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG this is so cool! I’m having a big fangirlmoment right now!! Congratulations leaky!! You really deserved this! And great to get Melissa back on the show! Awesome!

oh… my… god.

Avatar Image says:

Free, the awesome PotterCast Elves always transcribe every episode. It may take a couple of weeks, but you’ll get to read it.

Avatar Image says:

WOW! I mean, WOW! Like … wow… That’s all I can think of to say. Just…. wow! Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS LEAKY!!! You guys rock. who better to grill our favorite author, but our favorite podcasters. And she’ll be able to answer all the questions too. I cant wait! Congrats again. and did I say… wow!

Avatar Image says:

Oh… there’s one more think I should have said: Thanks JKR for doing this! You couldnt pick a better group to talk to! Thanks thanks thanks!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa’s posts never seem to show up on the text-only version of Leaky, which is sad because I really hate missing them. I hope there is a way to fix this issue. Thanks, and congrats on getting this interview!

Avatar Image says:

This makes no sense… I thought christmas was next week. This is so AMAZING! All I have to say :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

eeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

My initial reaction to the headline: “Wait, what month is it?? Isn’t it a little early for your April Fool’s prank??”

And then i read the post.

You guys totally deserve this!! This is so amazing!! Can’t wait to hear the podcast this week!!!

:-]

Avatar Image says:

I subscribed. SO NOW I’LL HEAR GOD’S VOICE ON MY iPOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! GODCAST! GODCAST!

Avatar Image says:

AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMIGOODNESS. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that’s about all I can say… I’m still trying to recover from the shock and joy and ecstacy!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

ahhhhh this is awesome news! can’t wait.

Avatar Image says:

This is the day we have all been waiting for and the day we knew had to come to Leaky . . . To all of you involved in this fantastic endeavor, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!!! :) :) !!!!

Avatar Image says:

HOLY CRAP I CAN’T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! drinks a bottle of champagne stays up for two days

Avatar Image says:

Oh my Gosh, Holy Cow, this is amazing!!!!! I cannot wait to hear it!!! Jo is awesome, you guys are awesome, yay!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you, God, for creating Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Grindelwald, Snape, Voldy, Bella, Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, Luna, the twins, Xeno, Pettigrew, and everybody else! I LOVE YOU JK GODLY!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

three of my favorite people talking to another one of my favorite people! Merry Christmas to me!

Leaky so deserves this! You guys have worked so hard, especially this year. Congrats!

Avatar Image says:

WOW! This is THE ultimate interview! I can’t believe it! This is so amazing! I can’t wait to hear her on Pottercast!!!!

Avatar Image says:

No apology nessecary Melissa. I look forward to listening in.

Avatar Image says:

Was kinda hoping you’d found the real Harry, and he’d agreed to make an entrance…

But I guess Jo will do ;)

(btwimaywetmyselfwithexcitementkthnxbye)

Avatar Image says:

LEAKY!!!!! congrats! this is amazing, I’m still trying to get my jaw off the floor. i’m soo happy!

I almost forgot I have a final exam on Tuesday, hehe. I can’t wait to hear it. Congrats again, you all really deserve it!

Avatar Image says:

This made my day, I’m so happy for you guys!! All of you totally deserved this. Jo never ceases to amaze me with her generosity to the fans. This makes me love her all the more (if that’s possible)! Can’t wait till Tuesday!!

Avatar Image says:

I nearly gave my sister a heart attack because she was vacumming and didn’t realize I had come in the room until I screamed “OH MY GOD JO IS GOING TO BE ON POTTER CAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” OH MY GOD this is so AWESOME!

Avatar Image says:

I’m sooooo excited for Jo to be on PotterCast!!! Can’t wait to hear it, but until then…

this ought to amuse everyone!

Avatar Image says:

Hooray for the Pottercast Trio!

I just have to know—did you go visit her, or did you interview her over the phone?

I can’t wait to hear the shows! You guys are the greatest!

I suppose you didn’t ask her about the Lexicon lawsuit? I can’t stop thinking about that situation and wishing it would all just get dropped. . . :-(

Avatar Image says:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::ahem:: What a fabulous Christmas present for the fandom! Could JKR be ANY cooler? This is a huge coup for TLC and Melissa and it just proves that running a website with class and integrity pays off. Thanks again to TLC and of course, JKR!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sorry, but I can’t wait to see what she says. If it’s anything like her interviews or her books, it’s going to be beyond words.

Congratulations Leaky, too …

one word: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

oh my. I’m so excited! I can’t wait to hear it :]

Avatar Image says:

OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys…and girls…all of you…......are possibly the most amazing people on earth. THANK YOU FOR THIS, and thank you for sharing it with us!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

You have just made my week leaky, you guys really deserve this and I know I won’t be disappointed by your questions!

I Seriously started jumping up and down when I saw this

Avatar Image says:

OMG OMG OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Okay, so I was getting pissy at my DVD (OotP) because it just froze so I decided to come here to check out the news and OMG! I can’t wait! That is so awesome!

Avatar Image says:

hyperventalates squees tears-up OH MY GAWSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OH MY GOD I AM IN COMPLETE SHOCK RIGHT NOW. OH. MY. GOD.

That is so exciting!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Excellent! This is wonderful!

Thank you Jo! And, Thank You, PotterCast!

Avatar Image says:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My initial reaction:

@#$%, I knew I should have made time to ask you a question last week!

Haha. Oh well. I totally forgot about it but I wish I hadn’t! This will be so much fun, I can’t wait to listen!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!! WOW, THIS IS AMAZING!!!!

AAKJDSKSJDFKJAEIRJADJFASLDFKASDLFKSDLFSAD.

i’m currently incoherent. i can’t add much more to that! ;D

Avatar Image says:

Leaky, maybe you might consider adding ‘J.K. Rowling’s appearance on Pottercast’ to the “What was your favourite Harry Potter moment of 2007” poll?

Avatar Image says:

Look here now, Leaky—a lot of us have midterm exams this coming week! We simply cannot afford to waste our time on petty matters such as this!

;D

But still, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I’m thinking I should just unplug my internet connection on Tuesday.

Avatar Image says:

Amazing end to an amazing year! Can’t wait to listen!!!

Avatar Image says:

I wish I had been able to come with a question. I just couldn’t though. And now I wish I had just forced myself. LOL. Holy hippogriffs!

OH…MY…GOD.

I would scream, but I’ve lost my voice.

_______

This just about makes up for not having gotten my Leaky shirt from Prophecy yet. (Though I would definitely still like that, hint hint. _)

Oh my god!

Since the Deathly Hallows hype has died down, I’ve been listening to Pottercast less and less. But I will DEFINITELY be tuning in to this show!

Congratulations! I can’t think of anyone more deserving of this opportunity! I know you’ll be a great voice and representations of the fans. I can’t wait to hear it!

omg this is so cool!

Avatar Image says:

This is such FABULOUS news! Thank you so much for your excellent work and being able to earn such a fantastic opportunity! And, thanks to Jo for granting this interview! =)

Avatar Image says:

Wonderful news! If I could have anyone interview JK Rowling, it’d be Leaky – I have yet to be disappointed by an interview from TLC! Looking forward to Tuesday – congratulations, guys!

Avatar Image says:

ZOMGGGGGGGGGG! YOU GUYZ ROCK!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wicked!! This is just brilliant. After all these years of joking, JK Rowling is actually going to be on Pottercast. Wow, the real thing!

Avatar Image says:

mouth wide open hyperventilates (if these don’t show up the way they’re meant to, i’ll be mad) OMG!!! This is so AWESOME!!! Wow, omg… I can’t speak. Just wow.

(Congrats on getting her on the show!)

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! This is so exciting!! Sadly it has been a few episodes since I have been able to listen to pottercast but I CAN”T WAIT to listen!!

Avatar Image says:

As I’ve said before, such great things could not happen to greater, more deserving people. Thank you for everything you do for this fandom and Congratulations!

I can’t wait to hear the show!

Avatar Image says:

I am an old lady (36, okay 35 and 357 days old) and I thought I didn’t care about “celebrities”, but as soon as I read this my immediate thought was:

AAAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I.CAN.NOT.WAIT.YOU.GUYS.TOTALLY.RULE.

Yippee!

Avatar Image says:

OK, Now I can make a semi-coherent post: After staring at the screen, saying “oh my word” 20x, and laughing at the elfyourself clip, I have to say that this is probably the most awesome thing that would happen to a fan podcast. To get Jo Rowling, the author of the most famous book, is the ULTIMATE dream come true. Seriously guys, 2007 is the most rockin’ year since….ever. What a way to end the year/begin the Holidays (even though we’re in the mid-holidays)! Guys, you deserved this and what’s best is that listeners/readers are part of this. (I’ll be wearing my PC shirt on Tuesday!). You just made Tuesday, the day I’ve been regretting to the day I’ll be waiting for.

Avatar Image says:

OMG! So exciting! I saw the headline, and my heart stopped.

The last interview we only got to see the text, actually, that’s the same with all her good interviews.

In the words of Sue: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me or does the jon elf have boobs?

Avatar Image says:

Great job on scoring that interview guys!!!

Avatar Image says:

How exciting!! I can’t wait to hear what she said!

oh my gaaaaaaaaaawd.

congratulations! <3

Avatar Image says:

Does she finally admit that she really IS noelover24?

Does she give John the smackdown for Horcri, Mr. Blood, and other Noe-isms?

Can’t wait, and congrats.

Avatar Image says:

I have looked forward to your show ever week since almost the beginning. I have laughed with you and squeed with you, you have given us so much and I am so very happy for all of you. You really deserved this, you have earned it, and I’m so proud that JK has recognized all that you have done for HP fans.

Hugs and Squees,

Dixiebell

Avatar Image says:

SERIOUSLY??! Wow wow wow!!! Holy moly, I can’t believe this!! I am SO excited to listen to it! This is a fabulous early Christmas present!!! (Wow, that’ s a lot of exclamation marks.)

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMFG, this is SO exciting! I can’t wait. I swear this is going to be the most amazing thing EVER! Wowwww.

Tuesday couldn’t come any sooner! I’m so happy! You guys totally deserve this, you all work so hard and you’re so incredible passionate about HP. YAYY!!!

Avatar Image says:

I sincerely believe that this deserves the biggest, baddest, most fantabulous SQEEEE in history! Congrats to you guys! (can’t wait for Sue’s sqee!! hehe)

Avatar Image says:

how jealous are thhose muggle guys going to be POTTERCAST ROCKS!

Avatar Image says:

That is so exciting!!!!! I can’t wait for the episode to come out!!! You guys hav elike a million questions, I’m sure.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :) :) : ) : )

Avatar Image says:

Wow. I mean, wow. Wow. I can’t wait! THIS IS SO AWESOME! Thank you sooo much for this. It’s the best Christmas present ever! LEAKY ROCKS!

Avatar Image says:

Perfect timing! I hate flying and I have a 3 hour flight home to Texas which will not be filled with visions of doom thanks to you!

Avatar Image says:

SQUEE!!! oh, now i just have to hold on one more day! does a dance this is wonderful!

Avatar Image says:

BEST holiday present ever. Thank you!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my gosh! That’s awesome! Guys, that’s awsome! Can’t wait to hear it. :)

Avatar Image says:

how absolutely fabulous! congrats PotterCast! You all are amazing!!!!

Avatar Image says:

That is the best christmas present JKR could have given Leaky (apart from the documentary which we all cant wait to see). Yeah. How generous of Jo. How excited will the trio be during the interview? Will John get to ask if Dawlish was christened after him. Will he get to ask about the hocri smackdown?

Avatar Image says:

I guess that site doesn’t like FireFox, so I finally broke down and used IE to see it. So worth it! Wow, 36 hours or so and counting, eh? Squeeeee!

Avatar Image says:

This is probably the only news that is getting me through finals week. Stupid college. BUT YAY! I hope a lot of canon is revealed, so I can memorize it, instead of medieval art.

Avatar Image says:

i think i stared at the screen for a full minute before i believed what i read… then i realised i hadn’t gotten last weeks episode for some reason. the one week i miss ><

Avatar Image says:

AHHH AHHH AHHH AHHH AHHH AHHHHHHHH OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG that’s so cool ...are you going to have a live listener call-in?? ;)

Avatar Image says:

WOW! I had hoped that she’d do this – I had expected it closer to the book release, but this is great great news!

I hope that you asked her why Harry could say “Voldemort” at Grimmauld Place and the protective charms didn’t break.

I guess I can assume that Steve won’t be joining the conversation – which is a pity because this is the ultimate Canon Conundrums discussion.

And Melissa, I really want details on how this came about and a “behind the scenes description of the event to be included in your book. Pleeeeze!

MAN! PotterCast ROCKS!!!

Oh my GOD!

...

(At a lost for words)

JK, if you’re reading this: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

LOSS, not lost… I’m at a LOSS for words…and I stil am. SQUEEEEEEEE!

Avatar Image says:

“Wait, is this what John was talking about on a recent PotterCast (or film commentary), when he said that going “Hey, Jessica!” had finally paid off, or something? At the time, I had no idea what he meant. Posted by Arithmancer on December 17, 2007 @ 01:11 AM “

HA! I surely don’t remember saying that! I do recall ‘waving’ Hi to Jessica on the episode after the NY reading just for giggles, but no, we didn’t have Jessica solicit her mom for us or anything :)

Though, now that you mention it, Hi Jessica! ;P

Avatar Image says:

Okay, I must be remembering something else, I guess. I didn’t mean to accuse you of anything unsavory, in any case! :)

Can’t wait to hear the interview!!! And, as always, thanks for all your work, Mr. Dawlish!

Avatar Image says:

This is so great!!! I’m—I’m going to cry, I think…yep. Oh!! I feel like I’m going to get to meat her!!!

Oh, no. oh. I’m soo happy…AHHHHHHH!!!!! I’M SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

HOLY COW!!!! This is awesome! I was hoping this would happen eventually!!! Yay for more canon!!! And yay for pottercast! And yay for JO!!!!! THANK YOU JO WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! Pottercast would not exist except for you!!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!! Think I have enough exclamation marks???!!! Well here’s some more for good measure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, this is going to be awesome. Congratulations, you guys really deserve this.

Avatar Image says:

HOW on Earth you guys kept this a secret I will never understand, as even just hearing about it makes me want to run the streets in all my Potter gear shouting “Eureka”!! I’m so happy. As if it was possible to love her and love you guys any more, which I don’t think it actually is, I have been filled with joy and happiness and smiles a-million, a feat I thought hard to achieve in my previous grumpy state.

Avatar Image says:

I KNEW this would happen one of these days. All of your responsible reporting was bound to get Jo to come on the show. Really, she has always shown a heightened interest in Leaky… and for good reason! I’m SO excited guys! This is going to be fabulous!

Avatar Image says:

Wow that’s amazing! Can’t wait to hear it!

Congrats , Leaky!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

WOW!!! Congrats, guys! This is amazing! :))

Avatar Image says:

After checking it wasn’t April 1st: Congratulations! You guys really deserve this!

Avatar Image says:

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! So awesome! Its 3 in the morning and I just screamed with excitment!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow!!!! Are you kidding me? This is the best Christmas surprise ever! All worries about Christmas stress are blown from my mind! If you’d posted this on April 1st, I’d have never believed it…

I totally can’t wait! This is amazing!

Only one thing to say; Squeeeeeeeeeee!

Avatar Image says:

NO WAY!!! I just made the squeakiest noise. This is definitely the 2nd best Christmas ever (the one last year was pretty awesome once Jo released the title of the 7th book). AH, I’m so excited!!!

Avatar Image says:

What a way to end this fantastic year! The ultimate guest on Pottercast is the Goddess herself. And on the 30th Dec, we have the year in the life of our favourite author documentary in UK. And not to worry, rest of the world – many of us in UK (including me) will capture and send to Leaky straight away. But honestly, I think JK on Pottercast is the most awesome event. I remember John “Dawlish” telling Jo she should listen to pottercast after his initial “shock” reaction that she never listened in! Thanks Leaky for keeping the fandom not just alive but estatic.

Avatar Image says:

Beyond awesome for all concerned. I couldn’t think of a better way to interact with all her diehard fans. welldone.

I… I…. *faints

Avatar Image says:

Leaky totally deserves this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We love you leaky as much as we love JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow just WOW – this is totally incredible and a wonderful treat for all of us readers! Thanks guys for making this happen for us!

Avatar Image says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ^ What a perfect christmas present from the site to us all HP fans!! =) I bet it will be the most listened to Pottercast ever!! ^ I agree with J, you guys deserve this as a reward for your fantastic job!!

OMG!! There are SO many things I would like to ask JK Rowling!! But now I’ve forgotten some of my questions, why do I never write them down!! XO I just remember two: why did Ron and Hermione have so few children?? I thought they would have more!! XD What’s the second name of Harry’s first child (I know we all bet it’s Sirius, but we still have to make sure!!). Are Rosie and Scorpious supposed to get together in Hogwarts when they’re older?? I think no, but some pepople believe that Ron’s line ‘Grandpa Weasley wouldn’t forgive you if you ever married a pure-blood’ is a hint.

LOL!! I feel kind of dumb for not having realized it that the other post ‘hid’ something!! XD I would have realized if I had read the comments!! I usually read the comments, but this time I was too lazy for it!! And I hadn’t realized either that, even though you do the compilation-of-the-best-HP-moments-of-the-year thing every year, you had never asked fans about it. That was suspicious… :/ But it’s better this way =) Because if people know what your request is for they’ll do it better!! ^^

Avatar Image says:

Well, this just proves you guys are the best ever podcast! Yipppeeeee!!!!! Merry Christmas to Fandom!!!! Thank you, Jo!!!!

Avatar Image says:

As above,my reaction was also

“OMG!!! NO WAYY!!!!!!!!”

This is gona be great!

Avatar Image says:

Alright, so I’m really happy for you guys, you know that already. But did you SERIOUSLY put up a graphic of Jo wearing a headset? LMAO.

Avatar Image says:

One of my first thing to do when I turn on the Computer in the morning, is going to “The Leaky Cauldron Web Site”...and what did I find this morning…a Christmas-present from you and Jo :-) this is absolutely thrilling…I am very exited and bet tomorrow “Leaky” will be the most searched Web Site Online…Melissa, Sue and John you above all deserve this…your site has never stopped amazing us…and keeping true to Jo….( is sending you all kisses..) when some HP Fan sites have “falling asleep” you inform us as always correctly and truthfully…thank you so much…..! To Jo ….a big hug and THANK YOUMERCIDANKESCHOENGRAZIEGRAZIAS…. now we truly know you love your Fans. A very Merry Christmas to all…

Avatar Image says:

Great Gallumping Grindylows!!!!!! That’s fantastic news, congrats guys! So well deserved too. Yeay, I get a Jo fix for Christmas dances

Avatar Image says:

OOOOOMG i actually thought it was a joke at first. THIS IS LIKE THE CLIMAX OF MY LIFE I AM SOOOOO PUMPED

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

OMG! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! etc

Love you PotterCast and Jo of course lol And the Elf dance was hilarious!

Avatar Image says:

Let me add my voice to the “please transcribe” crowd….

Nice work, Melissa, Sue and the Leaky Staff

Avatar Image says:

ZOMG!!! Congratulations!! I’ve been spreading the word around to the HP fans I know and EVERYONE is so psyched!! You guys totally deserve this… by any chance, will JKR be participating in Canon Conclundrums?? :-)

Avatar Image says:

I have to say, I almost didn’t check the site this morning because of getting ready for school and such. But I ALWAYS check, so I figured if I leave for school with my hair in a crazy haystack state, I would just have to suck it up, because this whole checking thing is very necessary. So I load the computer, go to Leaky, and almost ignore the first post I see. Why? Because I was more interested to see if there was an update on another post. But no! My less-than-hawklike eyes picked up on it, and I swear I stared at the screen like ten minutes before I was physically able to react. Then I startled my cat by screaming really, really loudly.

So, to get to the point…OMG GUYS I AM LIKE SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU AND EXCITED AND I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS NEW EPISODE I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well… butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

Strong work, PotterCast! I can’t wait!

Mrs. dM-P

OMG.

That is all.

Avatar Image says:

The John elf has a rather feminine physique. LOL!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness!!!! This is awesome!!! Thank you Leaky and congrats. You deserve it and thank you for this extra extra special holiday treat!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

JK on Pottercast… Wha? I go away and return to find that Christmas has come early! Huzza for everyone and especially Melissa, John and Sue!

Avatar Image says:

Someone must be missing her weekly meds of worldwide publicity.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe I missed the original post and didn’t suggest a question! Ever since Azkaban I’ve been waiting for someone to ask Jo why Scabbers/Wormtail bit Goyle on the Hogwarts Express. It just seems so out of character for him. I was sure there was some backstory there we never heard…

Avatar Image says:

Someone must be missing the cheese to go with their whine.

Avatar Image says:

I knew the day would come but not so soon!

When I first read this I was hyperventilating and now I’m just…squeeeee!

I am so very excited and thanks leaky so much! You are the best fan site and we love you! yay!

Avatar Image says:

PotterCast, this is just about the only thing to make the world okay again, after Romo’s poor thumb caused the Cowboys a loss last night.

This is so fricken awesome, I can’t even explain how happy I am, YAY!!!!! : ))))

Avatar Image says:

wt…! OMG! Really??!!! OhMyGod! (again) I cant wait to hear it. I, really, dont hear to your podcasts, not because you are bad (of course not, this is one of the best info sources of HP!), its because im argentinian (south america, spanish languaje). Unless i can speak and [hear and understand] english language, i’m a bit lazy… but it is JKR! I will try to make an effort and listen to it xD. Thanks!

Avatar Image says:

Excuse me, I was just wondering what a “filk” was. It was mentioned in the past article in the context of “We are still collecting Christmas filks…”

Thank you!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my God!! Congratulations!! I can’t wait to hear it!! I’m just as exited as you must be right now!! Love you! Keep up with the good stuff!

OH MY FRIGGING GOD!!!!!

passes out Gongratulations!

Can’t wait to hear it, seriously can’t wait.

You better ask some good damned questions, remember that! We’ll never forgive you if you don’t ask at least like a hundred questions and if you, God help us, forget to ask what’s the name of Luna’s grandgrandmother! grin

Seriously, though. Can we suggest questions? ‘Cause I have about a thousand. But, I’m willing to admit that if there are people who can chose the best questions, it’s you guys.

Did I mention I’m super-excited?!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

A filk is a song with the words changed to be more appropriate to a particular fandom or topic.

Avatar Image says:

Ooh! This is great! I’ve always thought it’d be cool to do a PC with Jo, but I never thought she’d actually DO one!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I’M SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Avatar Image says: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!
  • faints in shock and excitement**

... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE²¹³³¹².

I wanted so much for that to happen.

Avatar Image says:

Oh My GOD!!! If I weren’t in computers right now I’d be freaking out!!! My teacher already thinks I’m weird so jumping up and down and squeeing might not help.

Avatar Image says:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m sure it was a great interview! Can’t wait till tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! I always knew you’d interview her for pottercast one day! You deserve it so much after all the hard work you do! Anyway, I can’t wait! It’s going to be brilliant!

PS: The elf thing is hilarious!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! Thank you! You guys rock! Aaak! I think you just broke my brain. OMG!

Avatar Image says:

i can’t imagine how exited you guys must be!!! :)

I can’t imagine how mad the mugglecast crew must be :P

Avatar Image says:

Excellent! I love JK Rowling!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coolest person alive!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to hear this.

Avatar Image says:

I keep waiting for you guys to say April Fools! But i know you’re not cruel people. Man this is so cool. How did Sue keep from squeeing the entire time?

Avatar Image says:

hehe Cody, I agree. I find mugglecast annoying…... they don’t know enough about the books. they obviously haven’t read them for years. they’re always making stupid mistakes.

Avatar Image says:

I read and was like ‘WHAT?’ I thought it was a joke like John always says!

Can’t wait! :-D

Avatar Image says:

She could explain then WHY she didn’t say us in “Deathly Hallows” HOW EXACTLY did Dumbledore find out about the death of the Potters and how he knew that Lily died for Harry! I am still very angry with JKR that she didn’t tell us this in books!

Avatar Image says:

Much more clear than long distance telepathy indeed! What a great idea!

Awesome!!!

Melissa (or Santa Claus),

Please ask her about the politics in Harry Potter: if Fawkes was inspired by Guy Fawkes and if she liked the ‘V for Vendetta’ take on the Fawkes character, and if Dobby and Moody were named from characters in Jessica Mitford’s ‘A Fine Old Conflict’.

Merry X-mas!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh and why does Dumbledore have that scar of the London Underground? Was it a nod to ‘V for Vendetta?

Avatar Image says:

sputter whaaa!!?? I lose internet for 3 days and the fandom explodes!! I heart you PotterCast, this is a great moment for all of us :)

Avatar Image says:

Wonderful!!! I’m so happy! I immediately rushed to her site, where my newly-adopted Jack Russell Terrier started barking at her website’s dog! :)

Avatar Image says:

Be sure to ask how Dumbledore beat Grindelwald in a duel, it’s been driving me crazy.

Avatar Image says:

Squeeeeeeeee! OMG! I’m so excited. Congratulations! What an honor. I can’t wait to listen. I hope we get some more after canon facts, particularly about Harry and Ginny. This rocks! Merry Christmas!

Avatar Image says:

initial reaction-delighted screaming and hyperventilating!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! wow. if any podcast deserves to talk to her, it’s you guys. congrats John, Sue and Melissa! and Jo, you are the awesomest person ever, caring about your fandom like this! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Whooooaaa!!!!!!! The word “awesome” does not come close to defining this.

Avatar Image says:

@John-maybe I’m wrong, but had V for Vendetta even come out by the time we learned that Dumbledore had that scar?

Avatar Image says:

Congrats you guys!!! This is exciting enough for the listeners I’m sure it is more for the podcasters! :-)

Avatar Image says:

That is simply marvelous!!!!! Congratulations on the interview! I am so proud of you three. You’ve conducted yourselves and this website in a manner that would make Jo proud. Evidently so b/c she consented to be interviewed on your podcast. You should be commended for all of your work. Congratulations!!!

Avatar Image says:

OH MY GOD!!!!! I am so excited for you. I almost spit my coffee out when I saw the news item on my google page.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I love Potter Cast and I listen to it every week.

I love you guys.

Maryadine

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! I WANT A LOT OF CANON PLEASE!!!!!

THANKS LEAKY!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Avatar Image says:

Very funny to me, but obviously snide and mean spiritd by all the other HP sites, in that none of them have posted this. Very telling. I’m so glad I read the site that gives us ALL the news, not just the news they like or the news that makes them look good.

Avatar Image says:

@lolz: It amuses me as well. GO LEAKY FROM FINLAND!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that’s great! Congratulations! :) I really can’t think of anyone better fitted to do such an interview with Jo, or anyone who deserve it more, than you guys. I’m really looking forward to hearing the result! :) Squeee!

Avatar Image says:

I hate being the bearer of bad news: they’re not taking questions anymore. The deadline was December 10th (of course none of knew it would be for Jo then!). They’ve already recorded it. They couldn’t do it tonight, edit it, and run it by her agent in time to put it on iTunes tomorrow.

By the way…what time tomorrow is it going up? Midnight EST? 8AM? When?

Avatar Image says:

wow! I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

It’ll be up early tomorrow. There was no “running by”; we simply recorded it with Jo, and now our trusty Stede has it and will finish it up later this evening. We’ll have a preview up later today. :)

Avatar Image says:

Joking Catering Bowling is the Chatterbox of the Year 2007, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

You guys are the best!!!!! I can’t wait to hear it!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you Melissa for the update! Everyone- look at this comments board, look at how excited and happy everyone is!! Isn’t this feeling simply exhilarating? Exactly how Jo has made us feel through the Harry Potter story. Thank you again :)

Avatar Image says:

This is too incredibly awesome. I think I’m going loopy. Honestly. This is too good to be true.

Avatar Image says:

OMGSH! Tuesday is my birthday and this is officially the BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am so excited about this, but is it just me or are all the others fan sites ignoring this. doth my trawlany senses sense jealousy much?

Melissa, congrads. you probably dont remeber me, but at the eugene oregon podcast you did just before book seven was released when everything was done and you were wrapping up cables and cords and I asked you if there was any chance of getting jo on pottercast. your responce if I remeber correctly was “that would be the holy grail of pottercasts but sadly it likely wont happen.”

when I saw the annoucement email, I about screamed. clearly, the pottercast trio was worthy enough of this grail quest. I cant wait to hear it, and once against congrads to leaky on this wonderful coup.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, that’s good that you didn’t have to run it by anyone. All the more fun for us! I can’t wait! Again, congratulations!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO. JK ROWLING!

Avatar Image says:

Squeeee!!! That’s fantastic news! I agree with NotTheHBP, though- the other fan sites will be very jelous! I just hope that they (particularly MN) won’t be too bitter about the whole thing.

Anyway, well done TLC!

Avatar Image says:

There’s no one who deserves it more than you guys.. I’m so excited and I can’t wait to hear it tomorrow.

one word : WOW !!!!!!!!!

That is soo cool im very excited about this now ! more so then christmas ! Can’t wait to hear it !

Avatar Image says:

OMGOOSES!!! Add me to the list of people who almost spit their coffee all over their desk when I saw this pop up on my Google page! I think my eyes nearly fell out of my head!

This is proving to be such a fantastic Christmas for Harry Potter fans.

THANK YOU LEAKY and JO!! hearts

I. can’t. believe. it.

**oh yea…. “SQUEEEE!”

Avatar Image says:

Very nice Leaky, I hope you sent her a copy of Jingle Spells (at the very least). Thanks Jo for this and all your charity work, Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Avatar Image says:

Please, please, please kind transcription house elves, put the Potter Cast in writing asap! Sign me NO IPOD/DIAL UP INTERNET in VA!

Congrats to Leaky, so exciting!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Darthvoldemort,

Jo already got a copy of Jingle Spells. They gave her a huge basket of stuff when the leaky staff was invited backstage in new york at the open book tour.

Avatar Image says:

WoW thats so amazing i’m so happy and lol jealous of you guys. :P. so umm…can we make calls? or submit questions? you guys so deserved this!!! this site is awsome! have fun and i can’t wait to hear it.

Avatar Image says:

Wow….JKR, you will have been able to sit down and talk with her how many times now??? And all I can do is dream about meeting her! In my mind, she is a bigger star than Dan, or Emma, or Rupert, although she would be apalled to think of anyone considering her a star…

Jo has done something that I think we all wish we could do, influence the world for the better, with a stroke of a pen…ok, a few more strokes than one, but still…I hope she will continue to write so that we may all benefit from her insights.

My one wish is to be able to meet her someday. I have never had that desire about any “celebrity” before, but she is in a class of her own.

I can’t wait to hear the podcast, it will never be “deleted” from my IPOD!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Avatar Image says:

Hi Ruth, if you want to hear a new interview of JKR by folks from The Leaky Cauldron it will be on the PotterCast.com/jkrowling… i think it is tomorrow, i will check again and send you an email… Stell

Avatar Image says:

OMG that’s amazing!!!!!! And a perfect early X-mas present. I have 3 insanely hard finals tomorrow, so coming home and getting to listen to JKR on Pottercast is going to be great =) Congrats, guys!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!! I LOVE YOU J K ROWLING!!! U R MY HERO!!!!!!!! I wish you would make another book though… I cried when I read the last one…6 times..

Avatar Image says:

I am sooo jealous, but you guys deserve it. I bet Jo would get a kick out of reading all these responses. I can’t wait to listen. I’m so excited!!!!!! It’s a good thing I didn’t know about this a week ago; I would have DIED waiting. Thanks Jo and thanks Pottercast!!!!

Avatar Image says:

EEEKKK!!!!! Thats So exciting i’m getting goosebumbs just waiting to hear it!!! I love you guys!!!! Oh and john i hope you asked about your lovely Dawlish! MERLIN”S BEARD THIS IS BLOODY BRILLANT!

Avatar Image says:

Holy Cow!!! I wish we could have known a little earlier so that we could ask any questions. I’m currently re-reading the series so that I can write down all my questions for every book, so that I can write down all my favorite quotes, and so that I can underline all of the fun little foreshadowing things. It just blows my mind that she can remember so many little details and follow up on them later!

Avatar Image says:

Wow! Congrats guys, I’ have never listened to PotterCast before [more of a MC fan!] But I might start listening.

Avatar Image says:

AHHHHHH AMAZING!!!!! I can’t wait to listen!!

:) simply delighted

Avatar Image says:

This is a highly appropriate Christmas present to HP fans. I think Harry would have approved. It’s sort of like Harry being able to arrange for Ron to discuss quidditch with his favorite Chudley Cannons. A wonderful Christmas to you all and particularly to J K who started all of this. Many more, in fact. Rats! Wish they could have made the last two into movies, but I always enjoyed the books much more. J K paints on the big screen in my head!

Avatar Image says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My initial reactionm was going, “OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GODDD!” and scaring my cat. :) Congrats, and I can’t wait to listen!!

I CAN’T WAIT!

Avatar Image says:

Great news, guys!!! Just wondering…. did Neville, Harry, Ron, et al. go back to finish off their 7th year at Hogwarts or did they receive “extra” credit for their work?

Avatar Image says:

wow that was so good and i just really loved this new site and i really loved this site and that was amazing guys and you all was so very amazing people!!

Avatar Image says:

GREAT! U guys soo deserv it. SQUEEEEEEEEEE (in honor of Sue) LOL nice ElfYourself!

Avatar Image says: LDuYmx hi! how you doin? Avatar Image says: 621b36eb56