Preview of PotterCast with J.K. Rowling

364

Dec 17, 2007

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

As we have previously posted, early tomorrow we will post the first-ever podcast interview with J.K. Rowling on PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast. It’s a rare, informal, discussion which slides between detailed canon, larger statements about the series and writing, and casual banter.

The interview occurred just after the sale of her handwritten book, “The Tale of Beedle the Bard,” for $3.98 million (it was not yet known that the buyer was Amazon.com). We speak of Beedle and the morals in those tales, and Jo reveals that she originally thought there would be thirty or so, but revised that estimate when she conceived the idea of writing them all out by hand.

”’Babbity Rabbity and Her Cackling Stump,’ is the stupidest title ever written by man or beast,” she says, laughing. “When I wrote it I had not, at the point when I gave Ron that title, I didn’t imagine for a second that I was actually going to write the story….I really liked the idea of keeping those titles and then finding out what the stories were.”

She also addresses long-held fan questions about pieces of minute canon, such as the “missing 24 hours” in her timeline, certain characters’ lineage, and the workings of Horcruxes and how they are made. Of course, we also talk about larger issues, such as the recent announcement that popular Hogwarts headmaster Dumbledore was gay.

“In the wizarding world…I think you could be gay, pureblood, and totally without any kind of criticism from the Lucius Malfoys of the world. I don’t think that’s something that would interest him at all. But I can’t speak for all witches and wizards,” she said. “To me it was only relevant in as much as Dumbledore, who was a great defender of love and who sincerely believed that love was the greatest, most powerful force in the universe, was himself made a fool of by love.”

We also learn more about wands, which parts of the backstory made her editor want to vomit, the main trio of characters’ post-book-seven plans, and her intentions to “absolutely” write and publish an Harry Potter encyclopedia (jokingly referred to as “The Scottish Book”), but not until she can make sure it’s “done right” and “gives everything.” She also speaks to what she terms her heavy involvement in the the creation of the new Harry Potter theme park in Orlando, Florida, assuring it will have quite a lot of “the Jo touch,” as suggested by John.

It’s a very relaxed and fun talk, more so than would be a “formal” interview, and we can’t wait to share it with you. Stay tuned to this page or pottercast.com/jkrowling for more. To make sure you get the file as soon as it’s released, subscribe via iTunes:

117 Responses to Preview of PotterCast with J.K. Rowling

Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, leaky! You are just so super.

Avatar Image says:

yay! i’m especially looking forward to Jo clarifying Ron’s career path!

Avatar Image says:

This is so exciting. To get the missing 24 hours cleared up? Fantastic! She really is going to publish the encyclopedia! Now that is something to look forward to. Now I can get excited whole heartily.

Can’t wait to hear it!!!!!!!!!!111

Avatar Image says:

24 missing hours? can anybody explain me what is that?

thanks. melissa, give us a tidbit, please! not an answer… a question you did would be enough!!!!

Avatar Image says:

The 24 missing hours is the time between Voldemort turning up at Godric’s Hollows and getting vanquished, and Harry being delivered to Privet Drive the following night. There has been a lot of (generally pre-DH) speculation as to what happened in that time, and if it would be relevant.

I wonder if the “Scottish Book”, is a reference to the “Scottish Play”, which is the Shakespeare play that it is supposed to be unlucky to mention.

Avatar Image says:

mention the name of I meant to say.

Avatar Image says:

Missing 24 hours! Woo-hoo!!! It’s probably something incredibly obvious.

Avatar Image says:

I’d like to hear what she said about the “Steve issue”. I wonder whether you asked about it?

Avatar Image says:

Obvious or dull – something Jo put in the make the timings right. I always thought that Hagrid rescued Harry as it was starting to get light, and just hid somewhere to avoid flying the motorcycle during the daylight.

Avatar Image says:

I wouldn’t expect too much on the Steve issue – Jo is probably limited in what she can say because of the legal issues involved (probably the trio are to a lesser extent as well as Leaky and the Lexicon are affiliated to some extent), and I would imagine Jo has written most of what she could say on the issue on her website.

Avatar Image says:

to cobbles- im sure that everyone was clear that the whole issue was with lawyers now. not the individuals. both i assume would have no comment.

Avatar Image says:

That is awesome! I’m so behind on my pottercast listening though. I have about 6 episodes to catch up on >.< Too bad I’ve got to wait until my finals are over.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my, I hope she talked about McGonagall a bit!

Avatar Image says:

seriously, the missing 24 hours?! we find out…about…the—oh em GEE!!!!!

I can’t wait to listen!!!

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to hear that!

Avatar Image says:

Machiavelli-Dumbledore is the great defender of love. Ho Ho Ho! It´s time for the loony bin, Mrs Rowling.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, the lack of other site’s attention to this news is glaring and is making them look as jealous and petty as they likely are. Iiiiinteresting.

Avatar Image says:

I hope we hear about the kids!

Avatar Image says:

Oh boy. This is just so exciting!

I am soooooo happy now!

Thank you, Leaky!

Thanks to you as well JK :D

WHEEEE!

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait – and my daughter is so excited as well. She seems to think it’s happening just for her birthday – she is turning 11 tomorrow and says she’ll at least get the interview since she won’t be getting a Hogwarts (or since we’re in the US – a Salem Witch Institute) letter!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, a transcript would really be appreciated…I know it takes time to prepare, but, much preferred…

so, Roonwit, did you read the summaries, or have you managed to hold onto your resolve to wait? They’re rather well done, actually

Avatar Image says:

This is a podcast, so it’s going to be presented as one. A transcript will follow as it does with all podcasts.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Oh I am so excited! And my work week was off to a nice, nasty start..thank you Leaky and JKR for turning it around :) The missing 24 hours, I didn’t know what that was until someone asked about it on here, yeah good question, what did happen during that time period? Maybe we will find out this mystery and others.. ooh the anticipation is building!

Avatar Image says:

thanks, melissa! some of us live out near the cows and horsies, with only dialup…. ;-)

Avatar Image says:

budb: I have only read the Three Brothers summary so far, still holding off for a statement on whether we will get the full text.

Avatar Image says:

Dang – I’m going to miss it by a day – I leave this afternoon to Visit family – Does anyone know if I can load it onto my ipod from another computer? or will that obliterate all my music?

Avatar Image says:

I will translate it into Spanish! http://bloghogwarts.com/2007/12/17/manana-pottercast-con-jk-rowling/

Avatar Image says:

Roonwit, that’s some will power! hoping we get the yes/no on publication soon (you caught the part where JKR originally planned “30 or so” tales? Might be some promise in that…if JKR feels like typing some more).

ImH, you’re supposed to be studying!

Avatar Image says:

There still COULD BE 30 tales. She just has the write the rest of them and then publish them in something typeset, not handwritten, but mass-produced like the rest of her books so we can ALL read them, not just 7 lucky people.

I can’t wait to hear more about the missing 24 hours.

The encyclopedia will “give everything”? I hope that means it answers all of our un-answered questions, and doesn’t just rehash all of what we already know. This is what I see as such a difference between what I imagine an encyclopedia written by Jo would look like, and what the Lexicon book would likely look like. Steve’s would organize all of Jo’s current information so you could look it up in a reference format. Jo’s would be less obssessively organized, but much more interesting to read, having tidbits of new information and backstory on every page.

:::sigh:::: I would have thought that Melissa would be the right person to try and patch things up between Jo and Steve. Not like, live on a podcast, for the rest of us to hear, but to just talk to her, get a message to her from Steve maybe, take a message from Jo back to Steve. I am just heartbroken that this might come to a battle in court and I with someone would tie all the lawyers up in a room somewhere and make Jo and Steve work it out. :-(

I can’t wait to hear this podcast!

How’s the book going, Melissa?

Avatar Image says:

LOL: why jo chooses always TLC? you know?

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, Timus, it would seem so.

Avatar Image says:

This is such a thrill!!!

I’ll be up EXTRA EARLY tomorrow!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

roonwit – the Scottish Book?! Haha, that’s a good one. Unlikely for SvdA, hopefully not for anyone else. “The Book that Must Not be Named!”

Avatar Image says:

BTW, i’m also not reading the “Tales” summaries. Her version will be the best, undoubtedly – i’ll wait.

Avatar Image says:

tlc staff: any aproximation about the time you will post the podcast? some of us will wake up soon for it!

Avatar Image says:

The Truth, what an ironic name. Jo, as Snape, has her prefferences and she doesn’t treat each website in the same way. Look Mugglenet. Why only Pottercast and not mugglecast? it is not very jkrish.

Avatar Image says:

The Truth, that is stretching it way to far. honestly, I can see why jo would pick pottercast. mugglecast is like the other big podcast and honestly, its immature and unprofessonal. Sure John Noe can get a little crazy at times, but he plays wonderfully off sue and melissa which keep to some extint of courrse him in line.

pottercast gets indepth every episode and I cant remeber a case where they were going deep and waxing lyrical about something jo had anwsered years before in a very well known and public way. I cant get through a mugglecast because they tend to focus on things that jo has already said arent happening and just run with it for 20-30 minutes. mugglecasters I am sure are nice people in real life, but honestly, if you want proper discussions and disections, there are better harry potter podcast and pottercast is not the only good one, they are just the best known.

plus, I think jo might not want a repeat of the emerson spartz event from HBP when he called a portion of her fan base delusional repeatedly.

Avatar Image says:

JKR is allowed preferences. MuggleNet posted spoilers, printed that godawful book, and is in general not as respectful at ALL as Leaky. Of course JKR should choose leaky if given the opportunity. More like Albus than Snape, to recognize true merit and not try to falsely laud those who don’t deserve it.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm.. gee… reasons for Jo to prefer Leaky of Mugglenet….

Wouldnt have anything to do with them insulting every bit of good will she ever gave them by cashing in on whatever ‘insider’ status they advertised having when they sold their ‘what will happen in book 7’ nonsense.

That, I’d im sure she didn’t look too kindly on them when they blatently posted DH spoilers on the front page news… something like the entire first paragraph wasn’t it?

Compare that behavior to the professionalism and respectfulness Leaky has always showed Jo and her fans… seems to be enough reason for me!

Avatar Image says:

This just sounds absolutely delicious. Thank you: Thank you PotterCast and Jo.

Happy Holidays, indeed.

Avatar Image says:

I am so excited for this! Thanks PotterCast, you guys rock!

Avatar Image says:

Leaky is just cool and together and professionally compassionate. Much like Jo.

I really really hope that John asked about Dawlish’s first name!

Avatar Image says:

I really hope it, Kio ;) we will fire John if not, hehehehe!!!!

Avatar Image says:

The missing 24 hours! Oh, I love you guys! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

Like some other students here at Leaky, I’ll have to hold off listening for a day or so because of end-of-term responsibilities. But you can bet that once I’ve met with my adviser and thrown all my junk into the car on Wednesday afternoon, I’ll be blissing out with Jo and the Pottercast trio as I wend my exhausted, exhilarated self home. What a Christmas present!

Avatar Image says:

I am SO excited! Seriously, the prospect of this interview tomorrow is helping me make it through finals. The PotterCast trio is incredibly deserving of this interview! And I guess this means Jo finally understands what a podcast is haha.

Avatar Image says:

No worries, Kio and Moor, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed :) I sure wasn’t!

Avatar Image says:

ahhhh!!! tomorrow is going to be amazing!!!! its the last day of school for my highschool and i get to listen to an interview with jkr!!!!!! thanks so much leaky!

Avatar Image says:

hey guys i agree with john noe!!! who else? i mean hearing her voice will be amazing, you don’t even need an iPod, just download iTunes and listen to it on the computer- I do that a lot, or just directdownload!!! im saying this in a nice voice i just have explination points because i am excited!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yes John, hearing Jo’s voice is great, but if you want to refer to something specific it is much easier to look at a transcript.

Avatar Image says:

And if you want to get a full measure of meaning with inflection and everything, a transcript sometimes leaves things woefully short. I can wait for the transcript. This is about the HEARING of the show.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats on doing this interview! I’m sure you guys and Jo had fun! And, I must say I love Jo all the more for doing it! It’s a brilliant treat for the fans!

Also a big thank you to Leaky for going to post this early tomorrow. I’m in the UK and I think five hours ahead of you guys and I won’t be able to listen to it tomorrow night.

And, as for the Steve lawsuit – I hope it’s not in the interview. I just want some fun – including more canon info, and it just doesn’t seem to be the time for anything that would bring a downer on the occasion.

Avatar Image says:

i cant wait 2 hear it all! it will b so totally fawsome to hear her talk with “melvin” john and sue, when will it b completely released?

Avatar Image says:

yeah i agree about the transcript thing.. they are definitely hand to have! thanks god they have all those elves!! theyrock!! and they ARE helpful when you need to refer to something specifically.. though it’s just as easy to reference a specific spot on the timer of the mp3, like the second mark :D

I dont have the fastest internet either so I get what those people are saying. though im guilty of leaving the computer on over night to let it download before i go to bed! i wont be able to stand the wait this time!!

Avatar Image says:

what the heck is the 24 hour thing? how cool that she is actually going to write the encyclopedia!!!! its going to be awesome!! thanx JKR

Avatar Image says:

let me take a moment to release a giant SUE-SIZED SQUEEEE!!!

Avatar Image says:

chris: the 24-hour thing is the “missing” 24 hours between Voldemort’s attack at Godric’s Hollow and Harry’s arrival at Privet Drive. It surely didn’t take 24 hours for Hagrid to fly from one place to the other, so we want to know what was happening with Harry (and others) during all that time. Even if the answer is boring, it’ll be good to have some kind of answer at last!

Avatar Image says:

I love you guys soo much! I love her soo much!!!

thanx

(pity pity my player brokeT__T)

but that won’t stop me!

Avatar Image says:

What time in the early am? Which time zone? Because early AM in the uk is only 1 hour away. Heck, it is already afternoon in New Zealand! So really, you are already late. :) Sorry, I am impatient.

OMG OMG OMG OMGGGOMG OMG OMGOMGOMG OMGGGG//.//

i’m sorry i can’t seem to manage anything sensible atm :( OMGGG!

Avatar Image says:

The fact that other sites are ignoring this just proves why Jo prefers TLC.

Avatar Image says:

Why are the comments colsed off on the post above?

Dear CBM -

You live here too? Awesome! Anyway my system with any PotterCast release is just add a day to the day they say. We may be only 17 hours ahead, but then we must factor in that people must sleep, so we add a few more hours.

Since it’s 8:10 pm yesterday there now. So I would say it would come out about 11am their time tommorow? Which is in 15 hours, which would be 4 am tomorrow morning our time.

So we should have a wonderful surprise when we get up tomorrow morning (wednesday – see? Just add a day) :D!

Avatar Image says:

not shouting John, begging! Not joking about the joys of dial up…and where I live there isn’t a viable alternative!

And, as roon and mr muggle note, transcripts are far easier to refer to

That’s awesome! Consider me excited for tomorrow! :D

Avatar Image says:

Everyone chill. We hold no ill will to any site for posting whatever they do or do not post. We can only speak for how we’d act, and I can promise you what we always do, that the very first whiff we get of a confirmed JKR interview means it goes on Leaky as fast as our fingers can type. We’re not concerned at all that fans aren’t finding out about this, or won’t. We know you guys, you’ll find it wherever it is. And hey: http://popwatch.ew.com – Entertainment Weekly just posted about it, too. :)

Avatar Image says:

The popWatch piece is extremely complimentary of Melissa, right on! http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/12/pottercasts-exc.html

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s an excuse like lol said. But who cares! Leaky gets all this news to themselves? FINE BY ME! LOL!

Love you leaky! Be as awesome as you are!!!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you so much Mellisa, John, Sue and the Leaky Team.

Leakynews is our Cornocopia of Luuurve!!!

Hi CBM and KatieBeth!

I too live in New Zealand (woo!) and I also simply add a day to any date that I hear to do with Harry Potter – and if what I’m waiting for comes early, all the better!

squeals The Lost 24 Hours!! Leaky, I love you!!

Melissa: Thank-you! And that is why Jo chose to talk to Leaky.

Avatar Image says:

Lol, Angela and and CBM, we are taking over!!

I am also soo excited about the lost 24 hours after soo many years of speculation, I was beginng to write it off as a math error.

P,S – Where’s our summer gone to?

Seriously, this is awesome. I CAN’T WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Avatar Image says:

Can I has Pottercast now!!!!

Seriously, I’ve been a loyal listener. You can send it to me. I won’t tell anyone, honest. ;)

And as for no other news prior to the release. I’m glad. Cuz the servers hosting the file are gonna be smokin’ something fierce come tomorrow morning. Any more traffic and we’ll likely see a bunch of blowed up servers and no Pottercast for anyone.

Now. I just hope they actually post about it ONCE it’s released.

Avatar Image says:

See, I already caused a double post. That’s just a sign that things are gonna be crazy here tomorrow.

Avatar Image says:

lol, the news was posted just before 8.30 pm yesterday on leaky, almost exactly 24 hours ago…. we’re all used to cyber time, and forget that sometimes, things move slower

i’m simply saying there is at this time no evidence of any problem, so why look for one?

the real acievement of Leaky, Mugglenet, AccioQuote etc etc has been the cooepration….I don’t recall anything like this ever existing before, especially when you throw in contact with the author, publishers, major news media, the actors, and even WB. The closest parallel would have been the Trekkies, and only in recent years have they been as sophisticated, and the influence that the key figures involved in bringing us the HP fan sites have asserted has been interesting and important as well

Melissa, you do need to spend more time writing you know!

Avatar Image says:

I want to add my name to the list of people who want an exact time for when you’re posting it. Or at least tell us - do you mean tomorrow, like when we wake up and it gets light (it’s night now, Dudley, that’s what they call it when it gets all dark like this) or do you mean tomorrow as in when it turns Tuesday’s date at midnight in NY where Melissa lives? Should we stay awake waiting or go to bed early and get our sleep so we’re ready in the morning? :)

It must be thrilling to you guys to be involved in creating something everyone’s so looking forward to that we’re willing to stay up all night waiting . . .

I have to say, I’m 45, I don’t really listen to Mugglecast anymore, but I think those kids have done a very professional job on both their website and their podcast. They have a great future ahead of them, they’re all very talented. I don’t prefer their show because they’re kids and I am not. I don’t know why Jo chose Pottercast but I think it’s part relationship and part real professionalism. I mean, the Mugglecast kids are not professional journalists, no matter what other great credentials they may have. Pottercast (and Leaky) are the best, it’s just really a fact, so if she only had to choose one podcast, it’s really a no brainer. I’m sure if she chose a 2nd one, it would be Mugglecast. Just my opinion, speaking from the point of view of someone who is a lot closer to Jo’s age than any of the Mugglecast listeners.

Avatar Image says:

that’s strange, I don’t know what I did to make several sentences in my post be all crossed out like that.

Avatar Image says:

I have a confession, I do not live in NZ, I was trying to point out that I was anxious for this pottercast by the fact that is was already afternoon in NZ.

But I love NZ!!! The south island is incredible! The north Island was also great. I spent a month there a few years ago. I wish I was there now as it is summer.

Avatar Image says:

OMG! Cant wait!!! please, tlc, can you say a time aproximation? i’m from portugal and my morning time isn’t the same of yours. thanks!!!

Avatar Image says:

Woot! I am SOOOO excited!

Avatar Image says:

You guys are just awesome!

zr

Avatar Image says:

Maybe JKR does plan to grant interviews to podcasts for other fansites, but the way they’re acting, it likely won’t happen. This deafening silence is exactly the sort of thing that would likely make JKR stay away. I wish these other sites would post this worthy news so that JKR will see that it’s all good and then be more likely to grant more interviews. I mean, c’mon, if she sees that it’s causing friction, maybe she’ll think it’s better if she doesn’t grant any interviews at all. (I shudder to even type those words).

OMG 100th comment!

ahem

Anyway, yes, I think Leaky is MOST deserving of this interview and my opinion is only fueled by the other site’s word: mum.

Avatar Image says:

My guess about the missing 24 hours—it was a maths error on Jo’s part, she didn’t stop to think it out. It obviously wasn’t some big clue to something or we’d have learned about it in Book 7.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, yay! I can’t wait. Ah. Just thought of something…I wonder if we’re going to hear anything about NoeLvr44 or whatever the famed Pottercast “screenname” is. XD

Avatar Image says:

“the main trio of characters’ post-book-seven plans,”

So she’s going to contradict herself yet again? Joy.

I wish you’d asked her what Hermione’s parents names are! I hate that they don’t have any.

Avatar Image says:

While we wait, and to get everyone in the wonderful christmas spriti, I propose a big group hug.

All at the same time now…one…two….three … Squeeze!

Avatar Image says:

Will the podcast be posted before 6:30am so we commuters can listen to it on the road? pretty please with a knut on top?

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I’m also wondering if it’ll be posted in time for my drive to work – I hope so!

Joins in the hug!

Yeah, if you’d have it up early I can listen to it during lunch and Study =)

“But I’m studying! I’m studying a literary phenomenon, sir, revelations… Oh fine, I’ll turn it off.”

Avatar Image says:

“And to all of you out there shouting ‘transcript’.. all I can say is one one of the coolest aspects of this whole experience was being able to HEAR her VOICE! and not to mention hearing her LAUGH! :D A transcription will never do that justice :)”

Not everyone has sound on their computer you know!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god! This is FABULOUS news! Thank you so much Leaky for doing this for us and more importantly THANK YOU JO FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN! I’m so excited to hear the podcast!

On another note – is Jo not going to decorate her website for the holidays? :(

Avatar Image says:

and here’s a bowl of chocolates….eat some, it helps ;-)

point taken, Melissa…apologies

Avatar Image says:

I’d like to know what time, too. I work third shift, so I go to bed around 6AM US Eastern, and if it’s going to be broadcast at 7, I could stay up a bit longer.

I hope she tells us about the other two Gryffindor girls in Hermione’s year. She was asked that at the “Interview of Doom” and said she’d answer it later.

Melissa, you rock!!

Laurel, from NIMBUS

Avatar Image says:

I just wanted to point out that it is possible to get streaming audio with a dial-up connection, even without having to wait a really long time. When I had dial-up, I would click the play button in the right margin of Leaky’s main page and let it play about 1/4 the way through with the sound off. Then I’d “rewind” to almost the beginning and turn up the sound, and it would usually play smoothly to the end. (I think you can get the same effect by pausing it at the beginning and letting it load for about a quarter of the total time before letting it play again.) It’s not the most convenient thing in the world, but not too bad either.

That said, I understand that some people just CAN’T get it to work on their computers. You have my sympathy!

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure there are also Harry Potter/JKR fans out there that can not hear and would therefor love to be able to read a transcript … Just my two cents. :)

Avatar Image says:

OK, again: there will BE a transcript. :) Just not posted at the same time. The same way as when JKR does a TV appearance, or another radio show, etc. At first, it is just a podcast, as it’s supposed to be – like all podcasts, there will be a transcript as soon as we are ready to release it. :) Thanks.

Avatar Image says:

I sympathize with those who have dial up. I live out in the country and we used to have dial-up. What most people don’t realize is that if you live out in the country, the phone line is usually pretty bad because of the long distance. For us, that meant dial up that was half the speed you’d get with dial up in town. Translation: 10+ hours to download a show and the connection was almost guarenteed to break during that time, meaning you’d have to start all over again.

Thank goodness for high speed.

Avatar Image says:

this is so unbelievaby awesome!!!!! hyperventalates i cant wait! yay!!!! a bright light shines out through the gloom that is finals week! when can i listen? how is now for you? i am just so happy!

Avatar Image says:

Aw, I wish I’d asked this sooner now, because it’s been growing increasingly exciting in my mind. I had a thought more than a week ago that when they started casting for DH, that Charity Burbage ought to be playud by Jo! Think of the immediate emotional investment, seeing Jo’s face when Voldemort reveals who he has floating over the dining room table! The depth of psychological impact that an otherwise unknown character’s fate will have! And anyway, Stephen King has small roles in a lot of the movies they’ve made of his books. You just know by the way she reads that she could act for at least those few minutes of the movie!

Avatar Image says:

Is this going to be just an ipod interview or is it going to be transcripted?

Avatar Image says:

both, but the transcript comes later

Avatar Image says:

Witchchylde, I think you’re on to something. Personally I reckoned Jo should play the older Hermione.

Avatar Image says:

Patrick, I agree! Ever since reading DH I’ve been sort of convinced that Jo HAS to play grownup!Hermione. That is, if they even keep the epilogue, which something tells me they won’t (you know, considering how well received it’s been and all, lol). I personally hope they keep it though, and I will keep a few fingers crossed for Jo making a breif appearance as Hermione, because it would be so fitting, right at the end and all.

Avatar Image says:

I really want to know how horcruxes were made. And now I’m going to find out. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Avatar Image says:

I really do agree, jo should be in the final movie, even if for a few seconds.

I doubt charity burbage will be in the film, its too unimportant of a detail. in the book it shows that voldemort is ready to take control and rid the world of mudbloods and blood traiters.

Avatar Image says:

Before the movies were made, I was rooting for Jo to be the voice of the Sorting Hat. Bah, she woulda done much better than the voice they did get.

I am so excited to listen to the interview! There’s a reason I like Leaky better than any other fan site! And Jo feels it too!

Avatar Image says:

Well, now that I’ve read through all the comments. Phew! Let me say that I’m completely excited and hoping that this will be a midnight release because I’m sure I’ll be up then. I’m in US Central Time so that would be like 1am if it was release eastern time which is Melissa’s time right? So anyway. I’m so thrilled about this interview. I can hardly even contain my excitement! Well, I’m just gonna go watch Phoenix to pass the time. Hopefully it will come online soon! Refresh, refresh, refresh! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Avatar Image says:

It’s midnight now right?? (In EST)

I wont be up for much longer :(, probably have to wait till tomorrow

Avatar Image says:

I just want to ask Mrs. J.K.Rowling , 1) “What will happen I Dementor’s kiss will be performed on a guy, already having Horcrux” ?

2) “What would have happened If Voldmort had its own wand, instead of Elder’s Wand, the night he died” ?

Avatar Image says:

sorry siddharth, but the podcast was recorded days ago, likely friday or saturday. its long over, they are just editing it.

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! I am freaking out – this is amazing!

Can’t wait to hear the other questions you got to ask her

Avatar Image says:

I hope its out soon as im getting a bit sick of waiting lol.

Avatar Image says:

NonsensByJKR, you sound like father Christmass. Is this your Job for the holidays?

I believe that she “honors” us with this Interview, because she messed up with Steve. And what about the time-line of OotP (Snape´s alarm) and how the book came into Slughorn´s classroom(HBP)?

Anyway, I buy it that Dumbledore was the greatest defender of love, otherwise he had long been minister for magic and had not been so eager to bring Voldy-holdy down.

BTW, here in berlin teenagers mutilate HP-posters. Don´t tell me now they are all vandals. maybe they just have some brain left…

Avatar Image says:

I guess I got the hour thing backwards above lol. 12am EST is 11pm CST. Haha. Well, there went that idea lol. Guess, I’ll look for it tomorrow! I wish it was now!!!! I love that I’m 21 and I turn into a 5 year old when it comes to Harry Potter! Haha! I should go to bed and stop being so darn giddy! It’s flippin 1:30am!

Avatar Image says:

MACBETH!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! ; )

Write a Reply or Comment