New Video Preview of J.K. Rowling…A Year in the Life Documentary

Dec 23, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

We have another treat tonight for Harry Potter fans, as we now have a second preview clip from the upcoming documentary on JKRowling. ITV sent us this new video which you can watch here in our galleries Jo goes back to the flat where she wrote the first Harry Potter book. In what is a emotional and very moving moment, Jo reflects “This is really the room where I finished Philosopher’s Stone, here. This is really where I turned my life around completely. My life really changed in this flat.”

JKR then walks into the bedroom of the apartment, where the new residents have some familiar books on the shelves. She says “For years now I’ve felt that if it all disappeared, and some days I do feel like ˜is it real?’, then this is where I’d come back to, this would be my base line, I’d be back in Leith.And if I’d known that 10 years on I’d come back with a film crew and there’d be my published books on someone else’s bookcase in this room¦is really incredible to me.

This clip, as the first one we showed you the other day, is part of an upcoming documentary on Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling that , according to a press release, “paints an intimate portrait of a woman at the height of staggering success which sometimes overawes her, who never expected the international fame that her books have brought her, and provides an honest, poignant and often humorous insight into her past, her personal life and her devotion to her writing and the character she describes as her own hero, Harry. Jo is filmed on a private jet with her husband Neil as they travel to the US for the eagerly anticipated book tour and she also reveals what influenced her writing, notably the death of her mother and how this seeped into every aspect of the books.” JK Rowling¦A Year in the Life documentary filmed by James Runcie will be broadcast on UK channel ITV1 Sunday, December 30.

Thanks to ITV!

16 Responses to New Video Preview of J.K. Rowling…A Year in the Life Documentary

Avatar Image says:

Wow! Thanks so much guys! I love her so much!

Avatar Image says:

Oh how I wish this will be broadcast where I can see it someday soon. She is such an awesome person. We love you Jo!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that’s really moving.

remains stoic

Thanks Leaky for putting this up first, before The Other Place :-)

very touching

Avatar Image says:

Wow…. I can’t imagine what that must’ve been like for her!

Avatar Image says:

Wow… .... how touching! I hope we get to see this here in the US (maybe the biography channel, or… I dont know… the Leaky YouTube Channel??? LOL). And how funny for her to see her books on their shelfs. Thanks Leaky.

Avatar Image says:

that clip was really moving, wow…

Avatar Image says:

Wow! Very emotional! I really hope that the wider world will be able to see this documentary. I would be great to have it on DVD.

Now I wonder a couple of things: A) Did the residents of that flat know that JKR used to live there (before the producers of the documentary contacted them)? B) Do you think they really had the Potter books on the shelf in the bedroom or did they put them there because they knew that Jo would be visiting with a film crew? C) She commented on how much tidier the place is now than when she lived there. If I knew that JKR was coming to my apartment I’d so some serious cleaning. So there is the possibility that the place usually looks even more like she remembers, the rest of the time.

I’m sure that the overwhelming emotion that Jo showed is genuine. I’ve revisited places I used to live many years on and it’s a very strange and powerful feeling. Almost like going back in time.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that was moving. I, like the others, really wish that this would air in the US. It will probably appear on You Tube though, or at least bits and pieces of it. I hope that it will maybe come out on DVD someday….

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I’d love to see it, too. It’s amazing to go to a place you’ve been in, such as a flat, and see how much it’s changed. It’s extra emotional to see one of your works on the new owner’s bookshelf, lol. I have to agree with most of the points Ravenclaw from Glenn posted, but it doesn’t really matter. Anyway, this document would have been an excellent Christmas gift for me. sigh If only…

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if she signed their books. . .

Avatar Image says:

...Yeah I’m sure they’d hardly call her cheeky for doing so!

Avatar Image says:

Aw, Jo. This made me sniffle.

And yeah, I really hope she did sign their books. :D

Avatar Image says:

Jo? I want to hug you… and not in a weird sort of stalker way. I would love to go back and see my apartment from when I was in nursing school- lo those many years ago. I was single and alone and I lost weight because I couldn’t afford food. Things have changed for me, too. Granted, there aren’t any film crews following me around (they would be terribly bored if they were), but at least now I can afford to give my kiddos a nice Christmas, and my husband and I are happy and gleefully weird.

Avatar Image says:

Jo , you made me cry too. For the great journey you have gone through, and the great journey we have gone through, with you, thank you! You mean the world to us. And we will love you forever! Happy Christmas to you and your family! :)

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure she returned to that flat in Blue Peter and also in a JKR documentary that has previously been on telly.

Write a Reply or Comment