Harry Potter Tops Amazon UK 2007 Best Seller List

114

Dec 28, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Online retail giant Amazon.com announced today that “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” was the number one best-selling item of the year in both the US and the UK. The Telegraph reports that the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD was also the number one best-seller DVD in the UK. The paper states:

“Ms. Rowling’s seventh and final instalment of the adventures of the boy wizard so charmed Amazon’s customers, that it swept up the best-selling lists of both the US and the UK, after worldwide publication in July.The book smashed US sales records selling 8.3m copies in the first 24 hours, going on to help boost Amazon’s sales by 41pc in the third-quarter and triple earnings.

Today the website revealed that the film version of the fifth book in the series – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which was released in July – was the year’s best selling DVD in the UK. In the US, it was not Harry Potter, but another British export that topped the best-selling DVD charts. The BBC’s television series, Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series, sold more units than any other DVD’s available on Amazon.com.

23 Responses to Harry Potter Tops Amazon UK 2007 Best Seller List

That is FANTASTIC!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

No duh. It always tops the list. Now for ticket sales in 2007….

Avatar Image says:

Planet Earth was brilliant! :)

I AM NOT SURPRISE I COULD TELL YOU THAT MY SELF. HD IS THE BEST BOOK OF 2007

Exciting

I purchased my US copy through Amazon.com and my UK copy through Amazon.co.uk

TOP 10

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS

:]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

WOW!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Planet Earth is so brilliant I’m not even annoyed it stole first place for DVD sales in the US. I know I was one of those Planet Earth sales. _

Avatar Image says:

Planet Earth is a brilliant series… When I read this article I did not get mad that it took first place for all DVD sales. Even though I like Harry Potter so much. By the way I love this site!! :)

Avatar Image says:

My Apple Widget says there’s a new news story: “Second Generation…”Where is this news story?

Avatar Image says:

OMG THAT IS SO AMAZING!!! :) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :)

Avatar Image says:

karla – I’m seeing it too on my Google homepage but it’s not showing up on Leaky News. (But there is a 3rd video clip from the upcoming JKR television special in Leaky’s video galleries!)

Scratching my head at one thing she says in it though. The poor woman really is bad at maths.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, seems that there’s something wrong with Leaky’s front page. It still says there’s only one comment on this article too. And yeah there’s a new news post that isn’t showing either :(

Avatar Image says:

I agree with the Planet Earth comments. Its a fantastic production for a documentary. BBC do make outstanding programs such as Walking with Dinosaurs, The Planets, The Blue Planet, The British Isles etc. They are all spectacular viewing with great soundtrack and visuals. I have all of them on my DVD shelf alongside my prized Harry Potter series ;)

Avatar Image says:

Please relax and don’t go getting all bothered because of a date. She drew this up on the spot with a camera over her shoulder, she’s allowed to make mistakes. It is NOT the end of the world.

Avatar Image says:

that’s amazing news. Book definitely deserves it. It was so good what an ending. Can’t wait for HBP movie already. Great site by the way

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness, yes! Look at that family tree. George married Angelina and Lily’s (Harry and Ginny’s daughter) middle name seems to be Luna.

Avatar Image says:

Thats really great!!! I am so glad to hear this! By the way, i can’t wait for Jo to come on to PotterCast again…. And i would absolutely LOVE to hear more from her site… (updates every weekend maybe ;D) Of course, thats abit too much to ask for; she has loads of stuff to do… Oh well. Just can’t wait to hear more from the Wonderful Wizarding World of Harry Potter and its Amazing, Fantastic, Brilliant and Phenomenal creator, JK Rowling.

Yeah how old is she?!

Avatar Image says:

I love how people always sound surprised every time this happens. It’s HARRY POTTER. Of course it’s gonna be top! Even people who say they don’t like HP read them and see the movies anyway. My friend who thinks I’m insane for basically devoting my life to wiz rock (along w/ veganism) and basically thinks the whole HP fandom is just hularious went w/ me and my other HPfreak friends to get DH at midnight.

Avatar Image says:

Because HP is just simply awesome in every way of course. :-)

Avatar Image says:

Hey just saw the lastest release of the JK rowling year in the life. It has a family tree..Cool. I still can’t get over JK ending the book the way i hoped with Hary and Ginny :)

Write a Reply or Comment