Construction Begins on “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” In Florida

107

Dec 03, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Construction is underway in Florida for the upcoming Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando. While early photos have been floating around for a few days now, blogger Jim Hill has some clear pictures of early work being done as they clear the area for the Hogwarts castle and more, which you can see via this link.He writes that work is being done to create “a level working surface which will actually be to support the weight of this several-hundred-ton structure (Which is quite a concern in sinkhole-prone Central Florida), then construction can then begin in earnest on Hogwarts Castle. With first the footings & foundation work getting underway in January, which will then be followed by vertical construction on this enormous show building in the late Winter / early Spring of next year As reported previously, “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” is to be part of Universal Studios theme park attraction in Orlando, Florida. You can read more about the park here, and see some great concept art here in our galleries. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is slated to be open in late 2009 or early 2010.

23 Responses to Construction Begins on “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” In Florida

Avatar Image says:

That’s awesome. I want to go.

Avatar Image says:

Finally some news!!! Can’t wait to go!

Avatar Image says:

Woohoo!!! One step closer to meeting my fellow “Silver threaders” for a Butterbeer! I’ve already started saving my silver sickles for the trip and I’m saving up lots of hugs and squees!

Avatar Image says:

YEAH!!!! I live in Florida and I’m so glad. This is going to be great for all the fans all over the world to come together and always have Hogwarts as our family meeting! WEEE!! :)

Avatar Image says:

HEY! I live in South Carolina. Maybe I can get my hubbie to go down there. I’ve been wanting to go, for the longest time, and NOW I have a real reason! Can’t wait! (Ooooh! Graduation present, for the sprat!)

Avatar Image says:

sweet! can’t wait to go! so dressing up!

Avatar Image says:

I love how the photographer realized that you can see the site if you in that funny named roller coaster. XD

Oh, I’m so going once they build it… gotta save my money NOW! :D

Avatar Image says:

I think this is a wonderful thing. But I was just wondering, with all the law suits over using any thing Harry Potter for profit by others. Won’t Universal make a profit off it? I’m sure there not going to let people in for free!!

Avatar Image says:

An interesting thought, Wicca, but one I wouldn’t get too upset over. I’m sure there are things, in place, between JK and Universal. One cannot dwell on a single incident. Let’s not go there, ok? I’m really excited, and I bet that it will be part of the “cover charge” to get into the Park.

Avatar Image says:

Yay!!!That’s awesome news!! I cant wait to go!

Avatar Image says:

WHOOT! My parents have already said that that’s where I’ll be able to go for my senior trip… and that’s right around when the park is schedualed to open! WHOOT! For you that have never been to Universal Studios, I’ve been once, and I can tell you that when I walked into “Dr. Seuss’s Land” or what ever it’s called, I really felt like I was a hoo in hooville. It was amazing. They REALLY know how to set a mood. Hope to maybe run into one of you all when I go there! hugs and kisses

Avatar Image says:

I do hope that it live upto “expectations” it is rather a large task.

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if I can get a job working for tom at the Leaky Cauldron..

Avatar Image says:

I love the signb of the flying unicorn drools

I wish i lived in America..

and as for ‘Yes, well just keep me updated as to when they start leasing rooms inside the castle. My trunk is packed and ready to go.’ what saffron said..

if they will be leasing out rooms in Hogwarts.. I’M FREAKING MOVING TO FLORIDA!!

Avatar Image says:

Site wont load now, but read Screamscape.com for more frequent coverage and construction photo links.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so excited! It’s going to be opening around the time me and my mates are planning to go to America for our gap year and I’ve never been before! Bar-tending at the Leaky Cauldron here we come!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah him for getting on that ride and getting us some pics. I’m sure it will be somewhat of a let down but so what. It’s all we in America have. Though I now have to save my knuts for a trip to Florida as well as the trip to England I’ve been planning since third year.

Avatar Image says:

based on the photos I’m confused; did they torn down a part of the “Island of adventure” park to build the hp park?

Avatar Image says:

I work at Universal Studios, I can’t WAIT to go! We all get a sneak peak before it opens, I’m so excited!

This is so exciting!

Avatar Image says:

oh wowwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i haveeeee toooooooo gooooooooo….............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

are they taking down any part of Island of adventure to do that? O heard they where taking down the Lost continent area

Write a Reply or Comment