Harry Potter Triple-Feature Weekend on ABC Family Includes OotP Sneak Peeks

226

Jun 07, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Warner Bros. let us know this afternoon that in the lead up to the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix theatrical release on July 11th, ABC Family will be airing a Harry Potter ‘Triple-Feature Weekend.’ Beginning Friday, July 6th through the following Sunday, the 8th, the cable channel will air the first three Harry Potter films, one on each night of the event. Also, according to the press release, viewers will get a look at some never-before-seen footage from the upcoming Harry Potter film during each of those broadcasts.
The air dates and times are as follows:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Friday, July 6 (7:30PM — 11:00PM ET/PT)
Encore presentation, Saturday, July 7 (3:30PM — 7:00PM ET/PT)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Saturday, July 7 (7:00PM — 11:00PM ET/PT)
Encore presentation, Sunday, July 8 (1:00 PM — 5:00 PM ET/PT)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Sunday, July 8 (5:00PM — 8:00PM ET/PT)
Encore presentation, Sunday, July 8 (8:00 PM — 11:00 PM ET/PT)

22 Responses to Harry Potter Triple-Feature Weekend on ABC Family Includes OotP Sneak Peeks

Avatar Image says: Awesome, I can't wait! Avatar Image says: why don't they show GOF also?Avatar Image says: They need to add GoF to the mix. O-WellAvatar Image says: "why don't they show GOF also? " because GoF was rated PG-13 and it's a family channel, so they don't want anything that might be inaproporiate for the younger ages...like Voldy.Avatar Image says: Ah! Who saw John and Melissa on MTV just now?!? CRAZY!!!!!Avatar Image says: I think GOF kinda feels left out.... CANNOT #&$^#@ WAIT!!!! OMG OMG!!!! top 5?Avatar Image says: I don't think that GOF has had its cable tv debut yet... they usually wait awhile for that so maybe that's why it's not going to be shown. I'll have to watch it myself afterwards!Avatar Image says: Isn't Goblet of Fire going to be shown on HBO again in the lead-up to OoTP? That might be why it's not going to be shown on ABCFamily with the other three films. Avatar Image says: When do they put GOF into the mix, does anyone know? I remember it took a long time for PoA to show. My kids love the Harry Potter music and logo at the beginning of the movies, that was until GoF. Boy, did they bolt from the room when that snake slithered on out.Avatar Image says: GOF has been on HBO and Showtime. ABC usually shows the movies first before they go to ABC Family so maybe ABC will show GOF that weekend too. Harry Potter overload.Avatar Image says: Excellent! I live in Canada and I don't have ABC but fortunately I'm in the States this weekend! :)Avatar Image says: idk ABC usually receives movies later than other channelsAvatar Image says: I love watching Harry Potter anytime and anywhere if I can when home which leads me to this thought. Question for you guys: Do you think J.K. Rowling would ever allow her movies to go to I-Tunes for purchase in the near future? I've seen her audio books there. Just curious what everyone thinks. Thanks.Avatar Image says: hee hee hee. me like abc family harry potter days. they always show the extra footage.Avatar Image says: this is great!! um, will there b the footage online 2 watch thou? cuz as much as i luv HP i dont want 2 watch all 3 films ot catch anything, then again, i dont wanna spoil myself w/ this film so maybe this is not something i should b wanting to see, hhmmmm oh well then, just tell me thou still k? so i will know just i caseAvatar Image says: that`s fricken awesome! :)) I cannot wait for it! and IDK if I should watch the sneak peek of the OotP! :/ it might give away some stuff! :] but I probably will out of excitement! =] thanks for sharing! :)Avatar Image says: i love these weekends!!! Great way to get pumped for the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)Avatar Image says: quote: "why don't they show GOF also? " because GoF was rated PG-13 and it's a family channel, so they don't want anything that might be inaproporiate for the younger ages...like Voldy. Posted by ninjaaaaa on June 7, 2007 at 4:11 PM **** I don't think that's it--they've shown PG13 movies on ABC Family before. I think they've even shown "Love Actually", which is R. They just edit the heck out of them. Avatar Image says: Fantastic. I hope they are online. So exciting.Avatar Image says: I LOVE Family Channel HP weekends!! The one last December was the best. It was horribly cold here, so in the late afternoons I would get the fireplace going and just hole up in the living and knit and watch HP movies all evening! Ahhh cozy and fun!Avatar Image says: I love how this happens the only time I'm going to be out of the country all year. I'm gone for 11 days and I come back on the 9th. Poo. I miss it by one day.

Write a Reply or Comment