More on the “Order of the Phoenix” Soundtrack; Confirmed Track List

238

Jun 14, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Earlier today we told you that Warner Brothers confirmed the July 10 release date for the soundtrack to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. WB has now sent us the official CD cover art, which you can see here in our galleries, as well as a confirmation of the track listing. For those wishing to avoid any spoilers stop reading now. Otherwise, scroll down to read the confirmed list of music.

• TRACK LIST BELOW
  • 13. Umbridge Spoils a Beautiful Morning
  • 14. Darkness Takes Over
  • 15. The Ministry of Magic
  • 16. The Sacking of Trelawny
  • 17. Flight of the Order of the Phoenix
  • 18 Loved Ones and Leaving

• 17 Responses to More on the “Order of the Phoenix” Soundtrack; Confirmed Track List

Avatar Image says:

cool cover, I think it’s safe to assume that is the official movie poster.

Avatar Image says:

Oooh! For some reason this gave me a sudden outburst of excitement for the movie.

Very exciting!

Avatar Image says:

i don’t know, the order is way out of sync with the order of the events in the book…

Avatar Image says:

I feel the same way, dcdubaay, it feels wrong if this is truly following how the events happen in the movie. I mean ‘Professor Umbridge’ BEFORE the ‘Dementors in the Underpass’?! NO!

I seriously hope this doesn’t follow the movie pattern! :(

Avatar Image says:

Very cool—I have enjoyed all the HP soundtracks, although imho PoA was a standout. I like to listen to them to relive the film scenes when I’m on my commute.

BTW, Sue, the Gallery link doesn’t seem to be working. ;-)

Avatar Image says:

As a hopeless romantic, I can’t wait to hear “The Kiss.”

sigh

Avatar Image says:

No worries, guys. Soundtracks don’t usually follow the film events chronologically. The music is arranged in the disc in the best possible aesthetic order. The film should be fine.

cool cant wait

Avatar Image says:

Finn posted a 4 minute sample the other day but a month ago Grub posted a 5 min 16sec sample which has a couple of lovely extra pieces at the beginiing from the UK website I think. I re-up;loaded it here:

Cant wait for the full soundtrack which sounds more akin to my favourite PoA soundtrack.

Avatar Image says:

Those of you concerned about the order of the tracks – Dont Be. I am an avid soundtrack listener and yet to find one movie sountrack that plays in the sequence of the movie. Its compiled for the flow of listening. So its also normal to start the soundtrack with a pulling main them.

Avatar Image says:

I’m still a little shocked that they have, what is clearly a big spoiler, as a title for one of the songs. Mind you, most people who are going to see the movie already knows that Sirius dies but there are people who only see the movies and if they look at this tracklisting it’s going to be spoiled.

@potter proffesor

I listen to many, many soundtracks. I just looked at my iTunes and I have well over 2000 songs from soundtracks and in most of these the music is in order of the movie. All of the previous HP scores were in order give or take only a little but this one all over the place

dcdubaya

Checked my cd collection to see if I’m talking rubbish ( I can do sometimes!) – first couple of cds I look at are Phantom menace, Prisoner of Azkaban and Gladiator. Some tracks are definitely out of sequence – even Azkaban though not so much (time turning sequence definetely). But I agree this sountrack is definitley all over the place in comparison! But all I am saying is that the movie will not likely be all over the place as the soundtrack which is what is worrying some fans. I still think most soundtracks are not always in order (closely for most maybe). Great to know that you and others are avid movie soundtrack listeners, I get a lot of stick from friends when I turn my engine on and Robocop blasts through the car speakers instead of some R&B….;)

i can’t wait to get it!

Avatar Image says:

I was just on iTunes and bought some tracks from the HP soundtracks. I have to say, Prisoner of Azkaban is the most consistant for a great score. I looove the opening for GoF were the snake comes out of the tomb….shivers! And I also felt completley nastalgic with the SS soundtrack.

I hope like heck that the OotP soundtrack is going to be a whimsey and magical despite the darkness. I feel you can write a score that intertwines both feelings. Lets hope Nicolas Hooper did that.

Avatar Image says:

see HPANA for a list of the tracks in the order that they appear in the movie

Write a Reply or Comment