Katie Leung Talks “Order of the Phoenix,” Romance and Magic in New Interview

367

Jun 16, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The Scotsman is featuring a brand new interview with actress Katie Leung, Cho Chang in the Harry Potter films, where she discusses her newfound fame since being cast in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, what she wants to do in the future and her new turn as Harry Potter’s love interest in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. According to Miss Leung, the kiss, to be seen my millions, was not as effortless to film as it appears on screen:

“Of course I was nervous about it,” she says, her soft tones betraying a Motherwell twang. “I blame it on the crew because they made it impossible for me to forget. Every day, somebody would come up and say things like ‘Are you looking forward to it?’ Or ‘Euwww, it’s going to be really wet!’”

Relating similar feelings from co-star Dan Radcliffe, she explains that “He admitted that he was nervous too, which made me feel better because I was a bag of nerves.”

Magic is another subject discussed in the article. Miss Leung feels that certain spells from the Harry Potter series would be very helpful in real life as well as feeling that a certain element of magic was with her when being cast as Cho Chang.

“Of course I think it’s true,” she grins. “When I beat all of those other girls to get this part, that felt like pure magic. I couldn’t believe it was happening, so when it did, it felt like fate.”

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released in the US on July 11.

28 Responses to Katie Leung Talks “Order of the Phoenix,” Romance and Magic in New Interview

Avatar Image says:

I cant imagine how nerve wracking that is to kiss someone over and over and over again infront of hundreds of crew members and co stars. I’d say poor Katie but she was kissing Dan after all.;)

Avatar Image says:

I would be really nervous if I were her, especially because Dan (according to the GOF DVD) was really looking forward to the kiss. I don’t know but I would feel that I would have to live up to his expectations, and also having to do it over and over… but I’m sure she was comfortable with it after a couple of takes

Avatar Image says:

awww I love cast interviews! I would actually not be nervous to kiss Daniel, I’d be more nervous to be seen kissing someone by millions globally with my image projected about 10 feet high.

Avatar Image says:

Ehehe “The Curse of the Half-Blood Prince” Love it!

Avatar Image says:

OMG. This has got to be one of the worst interviews I have ever seen. The article refers to Cho as Cho Chan and then Cho Chung, calls Katie “Cho” as well, and says that Katie is sworn to secrecy about how Harry and Cho’s relationship works out? Uhh… anyone who’s read the book can you tell that it ain’t pretty! And what’s this about Cedric’s death at the end of the film being a “shocking twist”? Again… not shocking, that “twist” had been known for years, geeze. Horrible interview. But the quotes from Katie were still lovely of course.

Avatar Image says:

Whoever was responsible for writing this interview needs to work on their editing skills more. This report was horrendously filled with spelling errors and the like that could have easily been rectified.

Still, I must say, overall, this interview was charming. Katie Leung is such a sweet young woman, who has perfected Cho’s character. I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us in the next film due next month.

Avatar Image says:

Maybe they should have just made out in private and then it wouldn’t feel so awkward doing a little kiss in front of cameras… LOL!

Avatar Image says:

I have to agree with the others. This interview was completely jammed with editing mistakes….

Avatar Image says:

how many different spellings of ‘Cho Chang’ were there in that interview lol?

I can understand fans’ jealousy, which happens a lot against stars’ girlfriends too, but I think it’s odd how Katie-haters make snide remarks about her having a Scottish accent! Do they think Cho’s supposed to be from China rather than UK born?

Avatar Image says:

Its been so long since i read the order,just started rereading it now to check some details, but I thought Umbridge was delusional, not hell bent on getting voldimort back to full power. I could be wrong. Can some1 clean up this mess for me. Rushing through the book now. But i am a very slow reader so i could be here well for some time.

Avatar Image says:

“I’m not fond of nosey people, so I loved the one in The Curse of the Half-Blood Prince. It is called Muffliato”

Hehe, bless her. That made me laugh. ‘The curse of…’

Avatar Image says:

“Uncomfortable undertones of racism”, because her accent is perceived as wrong by some people? I’ve only heard a few phrases by her; mostly it’s Russian version of the movie for me, but still, it’s rather… strange? If it carries like this, soon we’ll be sued for racism if we call a negro a negro.

And “beat all of those other girls”? Gloating much?

Avatar Image says:

Hehe, bless her. That made me laugh. ‘The curse of…’

Avatar Image says:

bellatrix66, actually what Katie always says is the one who makes their scenes easier is Dan, because he always makes her feel confortable, the problem is the rest of the crew and cast were so excited about this one they didn’t left them in peace. In an interview David Yates described how all the crew were near the monitors that day looking how they were filming it. I can not blame them, I would have done the same thing!

I’ve read today Dan has been chosen one of the ‘10 most wanted’ men in a list feauting the “Sexiest People 2007”. So Katie, think about it in this way: not many girls have been so lucky to kiss one of the top 10!! I think they really get on well, I’ve seen pics of Katie when she went to see his play last week. So I’m sure that makes it easier.

Well I’m shocked the Scotsman got so much wrong lol

Hey Katie:

Once You GET the part and feel like fate was coming your way with world peace and all, you need to ACT the part, and really bring your character a notch forward. Love You though/

Sweet and nice… But Ginny rocks wayyyyyyyyy much better! lol

Avatar Image says:

How intriguing that a simple and very ordinary kiss should create such a fuss. I believe we are not to see, on the screen, the hundreds of lascivious kisses that Ron and the female siamese he fancies temporarily. Poor Rupert Grin, not only does he not make the list but he does not get the girls either. Well, not on the screen anyway. In the books he scores better.

Isn’t live unfair? How disgusting…

Avatar Image says:

She seems so sweet, I’m going to have trouble thinking of her as a leaking pipe. -B

Avatar Image says:

This is related to this,but yesterday I got another issue of these magazine we subscribe to for our german class called “Schuss” and there was an article with Katie in it! It was just an interview (in german obviously) but it made me smile.HP in every language!

Avatar Image says:

Man, she is one lucky duck to get to kiss Dan! :] Oh yay! I`ve been waiting for that kiss though! =D She is perfect for the role & I`m glad that she got the part :D

Avatar Image says:

No, Serge, it’s not unfair, you are just biased. What it’s unfair is that everytime there is news about one actor, Rupert’s fans write comments complaining, it’s unfair because it’s boring for the rest of us, who just come here to have a nice chat with everyone else. It’s unfair that you talk about what will be included in a movie that you really don’t have the slighest idea what will include. You are actually quite wrong, because Yates talked about how it will be a movie with lots of sexual stuff.

OotP won’t include many scenes of Harry&Cho and Harry&Ginny from the books, that’s unfair, but you are biased so you don’t complain about this ones.

That list is not unfait because it states what people like, and it’s not unfair that people don’t agree with you. What it’s unfair is that some people think they can tell the rest of the world what they should think and like and if they don’t agree, they think it’s unfair…

What makes life ufair is that a lot of people don’t have what to eat, they don’t have a home, a lot of people don’t have a family, a lot of people have horrible illness and depressions. That’s whatis really unfair, no the childish things you complain about.

Now on-topic, the interview is lovely, I’m looking foward to see the kiss scene too because I’ve read the reviews and they say it’s great. It must not be easy to film with so many people looking at you!

Avatar Image says:

It’s probably like kissing somebody in the school play. I had to kiss the star’s boyfriend in my first school play. It was at the end of the act and it was my first kiss, and the stage hands didn’t pull the curtains to see how long it could go on! When you grow up you see how funny it was, but at the time it’s pretty embarrassing.

Avatar Image says:

People magazine has a one page article about the end of DH and whether Harry will die or not.

Avatar Image says:

Serge, what’s unfair is for you to talk about Rupert in a Dan news. Strictly, it’s a Katie news so don’t ruin her time in the spotlight with sourgrapes over Rupe.

on topic: The marketing people seem to be making this kiss as the film’s centerpiece just as they have made much of the Yule ball scene in GOF. Well, with so many summer blockbusters they have to find a way to generate interest for yet another HP movie. But the inside story of THE kiss is touchingly funny. Yah, it’s gonna be wet. lol

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think Katie was gloating when she said “beat all those other girls” I mean, that’s what she did. No use sugar-coating it, I certainly don’t expect her too. She seems really nice, and I love her accent!

Avatar Image says:

That’s one of the reasons why I’m so looking forward to seeing OOTP: To see the Kiss. I’ll probably gasp and nearly inhale a peanut m&m while I’m watching it.

Avatar Image says:

Why not post the Bonnie interview too??

Write a Reply or Comment