Myspace Offering Free OotP Screening Opportunity

203

Jun 26, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Dozens of readers have owled about a free screening opportunity for myspace users of a showing of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in various cities here in the US. Taking place this Thursday at 7pm, the Black Curtain Screening myspace site says that in order to gain free admittance to a showing of the fifth Harry Potter film, you need to bring a print out of your MySpace page, with the Black Curtain Screening site and the Harry Potter OotP Myspace site as your top friends, and then admission is based on a first come first serve basis.
The cities participating in this are:

• Portland, Oregon
  • Sacramento, California
  • Raleigh, North Carolina
  • Dallas (plano), Texas
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Atlanta, Georgia
  • Orlando, Florida
  • For more details, click here. Good Luck!

Thanks Margaret and all who emailed!

35 Responses to Myspace Offering Free OotP Screening Opportunity

Avatar Image says:

yeah, I e-mailed about that yesterday…too bad Orlando is a little under 4 hours away! :(

What about Chi-town??

Avatar Image says:

No, why did you put this here! Now more people are ganna go, which guarantees the rest of us won’t be able to cuz there won’t be room! JK!

Anyway, I really want to go to the Sac one, but I don’t have a ride. I think I might go in the bus and wait there for like 5hrs or something. :D

wot about england? :(

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorry, but there’s no way I’d want to see this film early. Am I the only one? I don’t know, it would drive me NUTS, seeing it before everyone else and having to wait two weeks to even talk about it, much less see it again. Ahhh.

Good luck to all want to see it early, though :)

Avatar Image says:

Anyone going to Portland?! Nothing ever happens in Oregon! Wahoo! I wanna try to go, but we’ll see. It’s gonna be nuts!

Avatar Image says:

GRRRRR! i was going to go to the pittsburg one. too bad i have plans on that day and the ride to pittsburg would be a really love ride from where i live. Whoever does go and see it better tell me how it was!!!!! (but don’t spoil anything). I guess i’ll just have to wait until july 11th.

Avatar Image says:

YAY! They finally posted this! I kept sending it in, and sending it in… It will be awesome! Orlando here I come!!! Hopefully I’ll be able to get in. Hopefully the line won’t be too extremely long :D Ok it will be long… Hopefully I’ll be one of the lucky ones!

By the way, Sue you forgot to add that at one of these locations they’ll select someone to go to the premiere in LA!

Avatar Image says:

Why not just wait till the actual movie comes out and go with the rest of us crazy fans in less than 14 days? Too bad there’s nowhere close enough to where I live that’s showing a preview. Oh, well. July 11th looms ever closer…

Avatar Image says:

Awesome. But I don’t have a MySpace, and the closest one is about two hours away (Raleigh, woo!)

I might try to set one up and go…, but I’ll probably just wait another … 15 days.

Avatar Image says:

Ohhhh, Pittsburgh. If I were a mroe confident driver, it’s only about 45 minutes or so away, depending on traffic and I’d go about that far if I could get in for free. ‘Course, there’s no guarantee of that either.

Avatar Image says:

Are you sure you have to friend the OotP myspace?

Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what it seems to say.

I’m going in Dallas, I CAN’T WAIT.

Avatar Image says:

NOOOOO! I am out of town until Friday! And i am only like 2 and a half hours from Raleigh too! :-( Oh well,not too long til July 11th!

Avatar Image says:

Why does the US get everything first

Avatar Image says:

can anyone confirm this for real? i’ve heard of people calling the theatre in raleigh, nc to find out more info and being told that this is just a huge scam. i really hope it isn’t! is there any way to find out for sure?

Avatar Image says:

It’s not a scam, they do a lot of screenings.

You have to remember that movie theater employees are usually clueless.

Avatar Image says:

I LIVE IN PLANO (DALLAS).

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I saw Goblet of Fire early in the same theater, as well, through a radio station.

THANKS, LEAKY.

Goshhhhh! I`m so mad because I want to go sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad! :(

Avatar Image says:

How early are any of you going if doors open at 7pm Thursday?

For those who have done this before, what do you think lines would like at noon?

Avatar Image says:

What about Vermont? hears crickets in the distance

Avatar Image says:

YEAH PITTSBURGH!!!!!!! Too bad I don’t have a myspace…

Avatar Image says:

Yeah! I knew about it since like the 22 and really didn’t want any of the big site to post about it but then HPANA broke the news and leaky was soon to follow!

darn. I really didn’t want a lot ofpeople to know, but oh well!

what can I do? lol JK

Avatar Image says:

WHY CANT THEY GO TO NEW YORK CITY??!

Avatar Image says:

I’m going to the Sacramento showing with my sister and friends! We can’t wait! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Avatar Image says:

i wanna go to the sac one so bad, i’m only 2 1/2 hours away and i go to uc davis which is 20 min away, but i’ll be in la : ( not fair!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well, I’m heading up to Sacramento. The first time anything has happened in my area (I live about a 30 min. drive away).

Since the otterCast trio will be in San Francisco the next day, I have to wonder if they’ll be near enough to attempt to come to this screening. I wondering how crowed it’s going to be I don’t even know how early to show up.

Avatar Image says:

yay for Raleigh!! I’m so there.

Avatar Image says:

What?! The SouthEast being recognized in some way??? Noooohhhhh. :P Praise all that is…er… not exactly WB or Scholastic. Quelle surprise.

OMG It’s in ORlando..I’m SO there

Avatar Image says:

“Are you sure you have to friend the OotP myspace?

Because it looks like you just have to friend the Black Curtain Screening myspace.”

Tiff, you do have to have both.

Avatar Image says:

freaks PITTSBURGH!!! I COULD GO THEREEE….

DARNNNIT. I have theatre that night… cries

sigh lightbulb pops in head absentmindedly

Ya know what’d be funny? If JKR had a myspace profile that like no one knows about… lol

Avatar Image says:

I got my wrist band and can’t wait to see the film this evening in Portland! I hope that the movie is as good as I expect because I have to admit that I was incredibly disappointed by GoF. Hopefully, OotP will be more faithful to the book. In any case, I’m sending out big thanks to Leaky for the tip about the screening tonight!

Avatar Image says:

So, to you lucky people who got to see it tonight, what did you think? :-)

Avatar Image says:

The movie was awesome! It did a really good job of hitting all the major plot components in the book, though a few smaller story lines were omitted. I was satisfied by the development of the characters and themes and felt that the time spent on computer graphics vs. plot was appropriate. I don’t want to spoil the movie for anyone, so I won’t post details here, but if you want a more in depth account of the movie I will be happy to discuss it more thoroughly.

Avatar Image says:

I was incredibly disappointed by this movie. It didn’t work as a movie, and I felt as though the spirit ofthe book just wasn’t there. It was just scen-scene-Evanna Lynch is amazing as Luna-scene-scene-scene-Sirius dies- go home on train. There was little reaction to the big death, and the DoM scene was lacking. Snape’s worst memory was just a 30-45 second montage. I’m terribly disappointed, although you may notice that I enjoyed Evanna Lynch’s performance. She is exactly how I imagine Luna.

Write a Reply or Comment