Rupert Grint on NBC’s ‘Today Show’

290

Jul 13, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

This morning, actor Rupert Grint made an appearance on NBC‘s Today Show to talk about Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix which is now in theaters. Our Order partners RupertGrint.net have the video of Rupert’s interview online, which you can now download and watch right here. As we previously told you, Rupert will also be making an appearance on the ˜Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson,’ broadcast on CBS later tonight, or technically tomorrow, at 12:35 am EST. If anyone captures video of his appearance, please send it in!

We should have the Trio’s ‘Today Show’ appearances in our Video Gallery soon.

Thanks to RupertGrint.net.

17 Responses to Rupert Grint on NBC’s ‘Today Show’

Avatar Image says:

Why was Rupert interviewed in the plaza for like two minutes on the Today show? Dan and Emma were interviewed inside the studio, which was decerated for the movie. Live with Regis and Kelly only had Dan and Emma on the show. Why was Rupert not on Live with Regis and Kelly? The media kind of treat Rupert like the “Red Headed Step Child”.

Avatar Image says:

I agree, I was thinking that to. He only was interviewed for 2 minutes while the other two were interviewed for 7. I just thought that was kinda weird. What was the point of having him on the show if they were only going to ask like 3 questions? Maybe he just doesn’t like interviews..

Avatar Image says:

I truly don’t understand why they made a huge deal about Emma and Dan and then completely screwed over Rupert. He’s just as important as they are. However, I am noticing that he’s not exactly as shy as he use to be, and that’s great!

Avatar Image says:

I saw film No five today. Not as bad as I feared. Dumbledore better portrayed by Michael Gambon. All is not lost.

Why is Rupert not as much interviewed? I find this unfair as well. He played his part very well in this film. He deserves more recognition. He was in Toronto, Canada, last Wednesday. He said he liked it.

Seven days to the end of the torture. Alleluia!

Avatar Image says:

I agree that Rupert should have had more screen time. I didn’t see it when Emma was on, but they asked Dan a lot more. Also, on the TV Guide channel they cover OOTP on The 411. I only saw it by chance. haha. There are quite a few teasers before they actually get to it and they also talk about Equus.

Avatar Image says:

Well, the thing is ruprit does not seem to say much in interviews and it seems like he does not like it much. just watch him here on the sauce show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEHGx4YvyXw it is about 9 min long. all he says is I don’t know really, yeah, its cool and yeah.

He is like me, I don’t talk much. So they are doing him favor for not perlonging the interviews and asking the same boreing questions.

Avatar Image says:

Luna, that’s true. Rupert doesn’t talk much because he is shy so he really doesn’t have much to say. That’s one thing I like about him is that he is who he is.

Avatar Image says:

People who knows him say he is not shy, the producers, actors, directors… all of them agree with that. So I don’t think it’s fair that people who don’t him say “oh because he is shy”, we don’t know that. It just happens he is not so good doing interviews and talking, but he is lucky because it doesn’t matter because the other 2 compensate that. It’s not unfair, it just that every person is different, and it’s normal the media show more attention to someone like Emma, even if they play characters with similar screentime.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert and his evil Ice Cream truck on the Craig Ferguson show! I almost fell out of my chair I laughed so hard. That was too funny and cheers to Craig Ferguson for finding a topic Rupert was into talking about. You really could see him light up when he was talking about it. I hope Leaky gets a copy of that whole sequence for the gallery because it was hysterical.

Avatar Image says:

I was very disappointed, too, when I saw how short his interview was.

Rupert will be on Regis and Kelly next Friday, the 20th.

Avatar Image says:

eye twitch “I will not respond to people who insult Rupert” “I will not respond to people who insult Rupert” “I will not respond to people who insult Rupert” “I will not respond to people who insult Rupert” “I will not respond to people who insult Rupert” “I will not respond to people who insult Rupert” .......

Avatar Image says:

It was hilarious when they were talking about the ice cream truck on Craig Ferguson. I was thinking about it before from his bit on ‘The 9’. Why would he turn on the music at all? Torturing the wee lads. He says there is a lot of paperwork to be able to sell the ice cream but it seems like he could give it away. Getting free ice cream from Ron Weasly would be a experience to cherish!

Avatar Image says:

I thought the interview was funny. Craig knew how to bring him out and helped with the jokes. Did you notice the audience’s response when he walked out? The ice cream truck is going to send all the little children into therapy.

Rupert hung in there. He just needs to work on interview skills. The others have done it more. Dan’s parents are in show business behind the scenes and Emma’s are lawyers. They have a great resource for developing interviewing skills at home. He probably is scared that what he normally would say around his friends would not be taken the way he meant it.

Avatar Image says:

Lil, no-one has insulted him, chill out. Actually what I found wrong is that in order to justify Rupert some people try to undermine Emma and Daniel. If they are good with interviews is all their merit, it’s not related with their families. It’s not their families the ones who are doing the interviews, it’s them. I don’t understnad it, if there is nothing wrong why do you feel the need to justify it? some fans are the ones who insult him doing that.

Avatar Image says:

Yo, Leaky! Dan also had a new interview on the Today show this AM. We recorded it, but I don’t know how to upload it to the internet. If you let me know, I’ll be happy to share it with you.

And one possible reason why Rupert wasn’t on a lot of American interviews could be that he was the star they sent to be at the Canadian premiere while Dan and Emma handled PR down here in the States.

Avatar Image says:

I feel so sorry for Rupert and cringe everytime he says, ”...yeah, that was so cool…yeah.” He can learn movie lines, so why can’t someone coach him with interview skills? Dan and Emma are so good at public speaking, and Rupert is just counting the seconds til it’s over, you can tell. I wish someone would help him.

Avatar Image says:

yea, i found this interview way too short, and screwed up by the screaming crowd. i also agree that the interview on craig ferguson was great! i love that show becasue craig always does that, takes the conversation to some random place, unrelated to the project that the interviewee is promoting. i think it just makes it easier for the person because it really is a conversation and not a set a questions they’ve been asked a million times.

Write a Reply or Comment