‘Details’ On Dan Radcliffe

268

Jul 14, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The August issue of men’s fashion magazine Details features a cover story interview with actor Dan Radcliffe, along with three brand new photos of the actor. In the article, Dan, being little more than a week shy of his 18th birthday, shows his more adult side when discussing his role as Alan Strang, a disturbed teenager in the West End production of “Equus,” the child actor yearning to be an adult in a guest appearance on Ricky Gervais’ TV program “Extras” and life, friends and school all while working on Harry Potter.”

The article goes on to speak briefly with Harry Potter film producer David Heyman who notes the stable environment that Dan was raised in by his parents who he calls ”…wonderful.” Dan comments himself on his upbringing and on what is referred to in the article as a ‘deep dislike of conspicuous consumption’ by saying:

“Even when I was very young and before any of this had happened, I remember being repulsed by ostentatious displays of wealth’ he says.

“People who have car collections”I never understood that. I always thought that was unnecessary. It’s not beautiful, it’s not creative. It’s just showing how much money you’ve got.”

He says that very early on in his Potter career he told his friends, “If I ever get cocky, just slap me’ and there is a reason for this modesty. In his younger days he frequently overheard his parents discussing what he calls “all these arrogant actors’ and he remembers thinking, Why would you be like that?

The images can be seen via a slideshow available on the Details site, which also features an exclusive video of the actor being interviewed during the photoshoot; both exclusives can be seen here.

Readers should be cautioned, the interview, as well as the video of the photoshoot, may contain some mildly inappropriate material for younger readers.

The August issue of ‘Details’ is on newsstands now.

24 Responses to ‘Details’ On Dan Radcliffe

Avatar Image says:

TV Guide Channel is showing the premiere of OotP from both the UK and the LA premiere. It lasts 1 hour. They’ll also show it again tomorrow Sunday at 3pm EST and at 9pm EST on TV Guide Channel. On DirecTV it’s channel 237. It looks good! And they’ll show the hand, foot, and wand ceremony too!

Avatar Image says:

The pictures are cool, I bet all the fan girls are screaming right now. LOL! The video was cool too.

P.S. Sorry about the above off-topic messages.

Avatar Image says:

My jaw dropped when I saw this 2 weeks ago. My word, Dan has sure grown into a fine looking young man. (LOL, I sound old and I’m only a year older).

I’m quite happy that he is modest because we don’t get that anymore from young actors.

Avatar Image says:

wow that’s deffinatly not harry potter lol… I i remember when I was younger I used to just call him harry potter not anymore wow lookn’ good DAN!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

good bye harry… HELLO HOT DAN!!!

Avatar Image says:

Why did the author have to keep bringing up all that sex-related stuff? I found that lame. He’s interviewing the star of a film series that follows the adventures of a literary character who gain popularity in the children’s section: apparently this makes him feel like he needs to write lewd side comments on Dan’s reproductive organs to gain acknowledgment as a red-blooded male. Yeah, that’s so necessary.

Avatar Image says:

Ohh so thats where the leather vest pictures came from…lol…yes i can imagine a few girls will be saving this pictures….He comes across so well all the time. He really is a well grounded sensible guy and nice to see his parents are properly credited too!

Avatar Image says:

So these are the pics that shocked Emma into saying Dan is gorgeous and sexy. Gotta agree. The cover pic is especially mesmerizing. The other pics are kinda like the Equus pics and they’re all gorgeous. The intro of the article is meant to shock and I thought for a while that the reporter did indeed see some er – coital actions. these reporters are so eager to paint Dan as a sex rat.

And I hope Dan changes his mind and go to college. But I guess an actor, who gets a enormous fee of $25 million per film has to devote all his time in making the studio happy.

Avatar Image says:

Considering he’s one of the most widely known young actors in the world and one of the richest actors in Britain, he’s always surprisingly modest and cheerful. He’s also starting to come into his own and develop into an actor (and possibly sex symbol) beyond Harry Potter. I really do wish him the best.

Avatar Image says:

does anyone have the full article?

Avatar Image says:

Wow! you obviously know who a great person is by what they say and what they believe in. When he was talking about the car collection, about it’s not creative or beautiful, it really got me thinking. He has to be a great and very interesting person! Does anyone know where I can get this magazine? I’ve been looking for it everywhere!

Avatar Image says:

“If I ever get cocky, just slap me.”

Way to go, Dan!

Avatar Image says:

Good interview, although for the first page I was sitting there thinking, “Are they making fun of him? I think they are. Surely not…” lovely pictures. seeing a beard(well, an almost beard) on him is a shocker. :]

Avatar Image says:

I have to say that the article contains a few sections that are more than “mildly” inappropriate for younger readers. It IS a men’s magazine, apparently. I thought Daniel came off just as I picture him, trying to be grown up but still not really all the way there, still just a bit of a boy and not very much affected by all the fame. The content I objected to came from the author and where his mind is at, or where he thinks his readers’ minds are, rather than where Daniel is.

Though I did think it curious that Daniel’s best friend is in his 40s. That does seem a bit strange.

Avatar Image says:

It always completely amazes me how unaffected he is by his money and his star status. In every interview I have seen and read from him, he is very down to earth and a joy to listen to/read. His parents must be incredibly proud. I hope he never loses that humble outlook on things; it makes him that much more charming.

that leather vest…gross.

Avatar Image says:

Wow… i didn’t really like that picture, but Tom Brady looks amazing. Go Pats!!

Avatar Image says:

Hmmmmm, you really have to wonder at the maturity of the interviewer when he feels compelled to divulge the size of Dan’s willy. A pretty shallow interview overall, and NOT the fault of the subject … I hope the interviewer is cowering in embarrassment somewhere.

Avatar Image says:

I enjoyed this interview very much, as I always enjoysreading daniel getting to talk about more than just HP related infromation. Except for the fact that the interviewer seemed to feel the need to be a bit desceptive in the way he arranged the wording of some of his comments about what Dan has experienced [ or really does or doesn’t really do]in REAL life. Making it look to sound like real life when the experiences were actually part of his ACTING work and processes.You have to read this very carefully to get what he is actually saying . I loved the fact he also interviewed David Heyman for his perspective on Daniel ,it gave it more balance .And Daniel’s actual answers to the questions show how truly well balanced a person he is and not what some people would like for him to be seen as. He has his head screwed on so very will,and it really helps that he has such a great support system and great parents. The cover is darn gorgeous , to put it mildly.

Avatar Image says:

Can someone tell me the band he said is the best of the year. I just didn’t catch it

Avatar Image says:

‘The Hold Steady’. Pitchfork rated their 2006 album a massive 9.4 (out of 10) on release. Perhaps Pitchfork is one of Mr. Radcliffe’s information sources for music.

Avatar Image says:

bianca, the problem is, like Dan has said, he can not go to University even if he had the time, paparazzis would make that impossible. The reason he always had a tutor on set, even when he was not filmng, is because people made his school experience a nightmare. Dan loves learning, specially literature. He said maybe he will have a literature teacher so he can learn what he really likes. Having a paper at the end of the year that says what you have sipposedly learned is not the most important thing,learning is the most important thing. And people can do that in different ways. I’ve heard him talking about Balzac, Zola, Dostoievski… knowing what he is talking about. I know a lot of people that go to college and they don’t even know they are writers. So Dan is doing well, reading is the best thing a person can do, he loves it, and he writes too. And it’s good too that he helps young artists so they have an opportunity.

Avatar Image says:

=(.. When I read this article, I almost cried. He’s all grown up!! It makes it a tad better that he’s completely gorgeous though!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think he needs to go to University. He already knows more than most University graduates do! Private tuition obviously works for him, and I think he’s carrying on with that. It’s knowledge that matters not a bit of paper. Also, he said University is about finding yourself as much as study and he has already found himself and knows what he wants to do. It would just be an interruption in his life that he doesn’t really need.

Write a Reply or Comment