‘Harry the Fifth’ In New Issue of Entertainment Weekly

254

Jul 14, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

As we told you last night, the July 20th issue of Entertainment Weekly was set to have a large Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix spread, we now have, thanks to our Order affiliates RupertGrint.net, scans from the issue. You can see the the six page piece, plus Dan Radcliffe on the magazine’s cover, in our Image Galleries. The article, also now available on the EW.com, mainly features Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) on the film and the friendships he has formed with the cast members, Gary Oldman (Sirius Black) in particular. He also goes on to speak of a rather nerve racking experience when viewing his own performance in the latest film. After viewing a preview screening, Dan said of the experience:

“I was worried,” he says, grasping his elbows in his hands and pulling his arms in tightly at his sides ” a study in British emotional reserve. “Not because I had anything but complete faith in David Yates. But having done Equus, I thought I would go back and look at Potter and think, Oh, God, I would have done this so much differently now, because I’ve learned so much.” So what did he think of his latest work? ”I actually didn’t mind watching myself, for sort of the first time in five films,” he says earnestly, rubbing his ever-so-slightly stubbly chin. “I have got better. Thank God! I still see a lot of room for improvement, obviously. But I’ve started to see Harry rather than myself.”

The complete article offers much more from the actor along with Order of the Phoenix director, David Yates.

15 Responses to ‘Harry the Fifth’ In New Issue of Entertainment Weekly

Avatar Image says:

Hermione wouldn’t pose in supermodel kind of post. Aren’t they suppose to be in character. Someone forgot to tell emma that.

Avatar Image says:

The interview they did with Helena Bonham Carter is a hoot! Be sure to check it out!

Avatar Image says:

I really liked the interview with Helena Bonham-Carter, too! But what did they mean that they cut the duel between Sirius and Bellatrix?

Avatar Image says:

This is really a fascinating series of articles. Although there are some of the same old questions (can’t reporters think up anything new…?), Dan really expresses so much in the conversations. And yes, Helena Bonham-Carter’s is a hoot . . . SO sorry to hear the extended duel will not make it to the DVD . .. :-(

Avatar Image says:

Ooh I get this magazine! scrownges through mail

Avatar Image says:

I think that it’s very hard for the jounalists to come up with original questions now. After all that interviews we already read. But I like the spread and the interviews. I love Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix, such a mean witch she makes! Overall I loved the OoP spread! :)

Avatar Image says:

You are one idiotic person dear Roxanne. But it’s just my opinion. laughs sarcastically

Avatar Image says:

Dan is definetely big on emotion in this film but he also forms the DA. HOORAY!

Avatar Image says:

Seriously, who cares about the movie anymore? It’s book time!

Avatar Image says:

There were two big things that I thought was left out of the movie. One was the MIRROR which I thought would play some kind of role in the last book along with the three cleaning out a desk in Sirius’ house which we assume is where the locket is.

Just my thoughts. A LOT WAS LEFT OUT OF THE MOVIE!

Avatar Image says:

Very good interview, I like how they titled it “Harry the 5th” because Harry is really like Henry the 5th in this movie, leading all the DA members. I think Dan is very modest, he is great in the movie, you can feel Harry’s vulnerability at the beginning, his development and his determination at the end. Obviously it will be great to see all he is learning with his other proyects used in the next HP movie.

I liked what Emma said too: “He’s obviously kicked them all in the b—-s”. She is seems very proud of him. :)

Avatar Image says:

The stubble is soooooooooooooooo hot!!!!! I have to agree with Dan he has really and truly improved. I didn’t see Equus but I believe the critics. He had to be amazing!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yes, a lot was left out in this movie, but for the first time, I didn’t care. Because the movie worked all on its own, regardless of what it was missing compared to the book. It was truely a great movie, I loved it. Dan’s performance and his interaction with Oldman were perfect. He truely has grown as an actor!

The only thing I would have like to see, would have been Harry floo-communicating with Kreacher like in the book, so that movie-goers would have known the treator he is. They reached umbridge’s office anyway. Harry would have spoken to Kreacher, who would, with a mean look in his eyes, said that yes, he was missing. Then, it would have been great, as the group is flying to London, to have the scenes cut back and forth to Sirius demanding to Kreacher what he was doing close to the fireplace, back to the kids arriving at the ministry, Snape contacting Sirius to see if he is alright, back to when Harry finds out Sirius isn’t there. But I guess that wouldn’t work because then we’d know in advance that Sirius wasn’t here. Then, just Harry talking to Kreacher, and when Sirius appear, as they are battling together, Harry could have said:

“Kreacher, he said..!” And sirius could have replied something to the effect of: “That filthy liar, I’ll..” (interrupted by battling)

Oh well, the movie was great anyway =D

(By the way, Luna, yeah Hermione wouldn’t pose like a supermodel, but, first, I don’t think this is such a supermodel pose, and second, the photographers are certaintly the ones who told Emma to pose like that, so cut out the bitter comments ok?)

Avatar Image says:

“SO sorry to hear the extended duel will not make it to the DVD

Professor Lily, what do you mean? DO you know what extra scenes are on the dvd already? I was disappointed that they cut that fight out. I think that scene needed the fight because I found it quite confusing, all that whooshing around not enough focus on individual fights. I liked the fighting with Lucius though but I was hoping that the Sirius Bella scene WOULD make it onto the dvd.

Stuard- yes it was very nice what Emma said in his support.

Avatar Image says:

The conversation between Gary Oldman and Jason Issacs noting the size of their wands was hilarious!

Write a Reply or Comment