Emma Watson Appears on CBS Early Show

284

Jul 16, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Emma Watson was a guest this morning on the CBS Early Show, where she discussed her role as Hermione Granger in “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.” Saying she has seen this latest Harry Potter film four or five times now, she continues on to discuss her love of the Harry Potter novels and the omission some of the plot points from the movies, including the Hermione/S.P.E.W. storyline.

“Well, I was particularly excited about the house spells[sic] and just that whole storyline of taking care of the house and all of it got cut,” she said. “None of it made it … I was really upset.”

You can now watch this video interview of Emma via this link, then clicking on the right hand side. We will update you when we have this video in our galleries as well. A reminder as well that actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) will be a guest on the same program tomorrow morning.

Editors Note: yes yes, we know they have wrong word and it should be House Elves not spells, as she clearly says elves in the video interview.

8 Responses to Emma Watson Appears on CBS Early Show

Avatar Image says:

Yay, first!

Well, then there is hope for an extended version yet!

Avatar Image says:

I was impressed by the movie. The only complaint I have is that I wish they would have made the Order vs. Death Eaters fight longer, and included the Bella-Sirius fight and the Lucius-Sirius fight that Jason Isaacs kept talking about. But I thought it was very well done, considering how much was in the original source material, and the best we could have gotten from the book. Plus, I thought Gary Oldman was just brilliant. All in all, great acting, great effort, great effects (though a little dissapointed by Grawp), and great tone.

Avatar Image says:

Nice interview of Emma.

Avatar Image says:

CNN online had a link to an interview with Helena Bonham Carter and the interviewer says that in talking to David Yates it was revealed that several (the number might have been six) scenes would be added for the DVD release. However the Bellatrix/Sirius fight would NOT be among them. The reason was that they went “in a different direction” with the story. Too bad, I wanted to see that fight.

Avatar Image says:

The person who types out the transcripts is a real idiot. They said that Dan was in a movie called “September Boys,” when he clearly said December. How did they get house spells out of house elves? Obviously they know nothing about Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

I would have loved to have seen the fight between Sirius and Bellatrix, even if only on the DVD. I definatly want to see the scene in Dumbledore’s office where Dan trashes the place, and the mourning scene where that still of Harry bloody and crying came from.

Avatar Image says:

it’s funny how often the interviewers seem to fancy emma, even when they’re 30 years older than her. this guy really seems to.

Avatar Image says:

yeah.. that guy was a little creepy. overall, it was a decent interview. unscripted was still my fave interview of the trio, though. =)

Write a Reply or Comment